AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 30 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which district of Punjab, the state Government has decided to set up a sports university?
5. JalandharAnswer – 3. Patiala
Punjab Chief Minister, Amarinder Singh constituted a steering committee under International Olympic Committee (IOC) member, Randhir Singh, to work out the modalities for setting up a sports university in Patiala. This committee has been set up under the aegis of the Sports and Youth Affairs Department. The committee also includes Olympian Pargat Singh, J S Narula – Former Vice Chancellor of Lakshmibai National University of Physical Education (LNIPE), Gwalior and Dr L S Ranawat – Former Vice Chancellor of Rajasthan Sports University.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana is a campaign launched for _______?
1. Making quality medicines available at affordable prices
2. Free heart surgery for the poor
3. Free medical checkup in rural under developed areas
4. It is a scheme related to unemplyment
5. PM’s scheme to motivate the youngsters in businessAnswer – 1. Making quality medicines available at affordable prices
Union Minister for State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Ramdas Athawale launched the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana in Mumbai. Currently, more than 600 medicines and 150 surgical and other medical items are being made available at affordable rates at Janaushadhi Kendras opened across the country under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.
- According to ‘Global TB Report 2017’ released by World Health Organization (WHO), India is in what position accounting for 64 per cent of the 10.4 million new tuberculosis (TB) ?
5. FifthAnswer – 1. First
According to ‘Global TB Report 2017’ released by World Health Organization (WHO), India has topped the list of seven countries, accounting for 64 per cent of the 10.4 million new tuberculosis (TB) cases worldwide in 2016. In 2016, nearly 7 million people died from TB, marking a 4% drop as compared to 2015 report. In terms of new tuberculosis (TB) cases worldwide in 2016, India is followed by Indonesia, China, Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria and South Africa.
- What is the new section recommended to be inserted in Indian Evidence Act, 1872 by Law Commission of India to the Indian Government?
1. Section 113
2. Section 114
3. Section 114A
4. Section 114B
5. Section 114CAnswer – 4. Section 114B
A new section 114B should be inserted in Indian Evidence Act, 1872, which will ensure that in case a person in police custody sustains injuries, it is presumed that those injuries have been inflicted by the police. Section 375B of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973, should be amended by including payment of compensation, in addition to the payment of fine provided in the Indian Penal Code.
- India along with which country agreed to jointly combat terrorism and extremism and scale up bilateral cooperation in the field of security?
5. TunisiaAnswer – 5. Tunisia
Union External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj co-chaired the 12th India- Tunisia Joint Commission Meeting with Tunisian Foreign Affairs Minister, Khemaies Jhinaoui. Besides conducting a review of bilateral tires, both the ministers discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest. Both the ministers initiated a roadmap for India-Tunisia partnership in a bid to give a new impetus to bilateral relations between India and Tunisia.
- Union Government set up an alternative mechanism panel headed by whom, to consider and oversee mergers among the India’s public sector banks?
1. Arun Jaitley
2. Narendra Modi
3. Sushma Swaraj
4. Rajnath Singh
5. Nitin GadkariAnswer – 1. Arun Jaitley
Union Government set up an alternative mechanism panel headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, to consider and oversee mergers among the India’s public sector banks. Union Railway and Coal Minister, Piyush Goyal and Union Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman are also the members of this alternative mechanism panel on PSU bank consolidation head by Mr. Arun Jaitley.
- With which organisation, the Union Finance Ministry signed a loan agreement worth $200 million for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project?
2. World Bank
3. European Central Bank
5. International Telecommunication Union (ITU)Answer – 2. World Bank
Union Finance Ministry and World Bank signed a loan agreement worth $200 million for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project. The $200 million from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) is for 16.5 yrs term and has a grace period of seven years. This project will not only increase agriculture productivity and market access, but will also help Assam Govt. to facilitate agri-business investments.
- State Bank of India (SBI) with which organisation signed an agreement for Rs 2317 crore credit facilities to seven companies to finance grid connected rooftop solar projects?
2. World Bank
4. FAO (Food nad Agriculture Organisation)
5. BIS ( Bank for International Settlement)Answer – 2. World Bank
State Bank of India (SBI) and the World Bank announced Rs 2317 crore credit facilities to seven companies to finance grid connected rooftop solar projects. Seven corporate to which the credit facilities have been extended include Adani Group, Hinduja Renewables, JSW Energy, Tata Renewable, Azure Power, Cleantech Solar and Hero Solar Energy. These grid connected rooftop solar projects which will together generate 575 mw.
- Who topped the Forbes list of top-earning dead celebrity for the 5th time?
1. Arnold Palmer
2. Charles Schulz
3. Elvis Persley
4. Bob Marley
5. Michael JacksonAnswer – 5. Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson, who died in the year 2009 i.e, Eight years ago, is still generating millions of dollars. He was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. He was one of the most popular entertainers in the world, and was the best-selling music artist at the time of his death. Jackson’s contributions to music, dance, and fashion along with his publicized personal life made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
- Who was appointed as the Secretary (security) in the Cabinet Secretariat?
1. Rajnath Singh
2. Sushri Uma Bharathi
3. SK Sinha
4. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
5. Anand KumarAnswer – 3. SK Sinha
Senior police officer SK Sinha was appointed as the Secretary (security) in the Cabinet Secretariat. SK Sinha is a 1983 batch IPS officer of Bihar cadre. He is at present special director in the Intelligence Bureau. He has been appointed in place of ARK Kini, who retires on 30th November 2017.
- Who was appointed as the Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development ?
1. Piyush Goyal
2. AP Maheshwari
3. Prakash Javadekar
4. Harsh Vardhan
5. Radha Mohan SinghAnswer – 2. AP Maheshwari
Senior police officer AP Maheshwari was appointed as Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development. AP Maheshwari is a 1984 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. He is currently a Special Director in Border Security Force.
- Who is the chief executive officer and managing director of Tata Steel Ltd globally?
1. Anant Geete
2. Ravi Shankar
3. Karl Ulrich Koehler
4. T V Narendran
5. Koushik ChaterjeeAnswer – 4. T V Narendran
Tata Steel Ltd promoted T V Narendran as chief executive officer and managing director globally. T V Narendran is 52 years old. He joined the Tata Steel in 1988. He was serving as Managing Director (India and South East Asia) for the past four years. During T V Narendran’s tenure as Managing Director, Tata Steel executed and commissioned the Kalinganagar steel plant and also enhanced the plant’s ability to serve higher value segments like steel for automobiles.
- Who was appointed as the Private Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind?
1. Suresh Prabhu
2. Vikram Singh
3. Sadanantha Gowda
4. Piyush Goyal
5. Rajen GohainAnswer – 2. Vikram Singh
Railway officer Vikram Singh was appointed as Private Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind. Vikram Singh is a 1997 batch officer of the Indian Railway Traffic Service. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment to the post of Private Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind for 2 years.
- Who was re-elected as President of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) in the Annual General Body Meeting?
1. Sahdev Yadav
2. Suresh Sehgal
3. Birendra Prasad Baishya
4. Pal Singh Sandhu
5. Tara SinghAnswer – 3. Birendra Prasad Baishya
Birendra Prasad Baishya was re-elected as President of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) in the Annual General Body Meeting. The newly formed Executive Committee of IWLF consists of seven vice-presidents, and Sahdev Yadav has become the secretary general. The elections of IWLF was conducted under guidelines issued by the sports ministry.
- Which company announced the acquisition of the wholly-owned subsidiaries of Tata Capital Limited, Tata Capital Forex Limited(foreign exchange) and TC Travel and Services Limited (travel services)?
1. Thomas Cook India
3. Travelocity India
4. Top Travels
5. Ezeego 1Answer – 1. Thomas Cook India
Thomas Cook India announced the acquisition of the wholly-owned subsidiaries of Tata Capital Limited, Tata Capital Forex Limited(foreign exchange) and TC Travel and Services Limited (travel services). The acquired companies will be hereafter referred as TC Forex Services Ltd. and TC Travel and Services Ltd. Value of the transaction was not shared.
- Which Indian state launched the Election Commission’s web-based project, ERO-Net, using which voters can register their names on electoral rolls?
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Rajasthan
Rajasthan’s Chief Electoral Officer Ashwini Bhagat launched the Election Commission’s web-based project, ERO-Net, using which voters can register their names on electoral rolls. Till now, the Electoral Roll Management System (ERMS) software was being used to make voter lists. It could not identify multiple entries of a voter. ERMS software has been replaced with ERO-Net, which is a transparent mechanism to identify whether the voter was listed anywhere in the country.
- Which state cabinet decided to provide a 15 acre land to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on lease for Rs 1 to help set up the National Centre of Excellence?
5. West BengalAnswer – 5. West Bengal
the West Bengal cabinet decided to provide a 15 acre land to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) on lease for Rs 1 to help set up the National Centre of Excellence. The West Bengal cabinet has decided to give 15 acre of land to the AIFF for 90 years on an exchange of Rs 1 only.
- Name the Indian cricketer who became the first batsman to score 2000 international runs in 2017, beating the likes of South Africa’s Hashim Amla?
1. Shikar Dhawan
2. Rohit Sharma
3. Virat Kohli
4. Hardik Pandya
5. Ravichandran AshwinAnswer – 3. Virat Kohli
Kohli became the first batsman to score 2000 international runs in 2017, beating the likes of South Africa’s Hashim Amla (1988 runs). Kohli overtook South Africa’s AB de Villiers in the rankings after his achievement on Sunday in the final ODI against New Zealand when the Indian captain surpassed de Villiers to become the fastest to 9000 ODI runs in 194 innings, 11 lesser than the South African. Kohli, who scored 263 runs in the series against New Zealand including knocks of 121 in the first ODI in Mumbai and 113 in the final ODI in Kanpur, has reached 889 points, which is the best-ever by an India batsman.
- Who was the only Indian player selected to represent Asia in 2017 ITTF World Cadet Challenge, in Suva, Fiji?
1. Naina Ashwin
2. Shamini Kumaresan
4. Diya Chitale
5. Zhang JikeAnswer – 4. Diya Chitale
Indian table tennis player Diya Chitale won silver medal in the girls’ doubles category of the 2017 ITTF World Cadet Challenge, inSuva, Fiji. Diya Chitale hails from Mumbai. She was the only Indian player selected to represent Asia in this tournament. Diya had won gold medal in the Team event, as part of Team Asia. In the singles also, she did well and finished tenth.
- Kim Joo-hyuk is related to which of the following field?
5. JournalistAnswer – 2. Actor
South Korean veteran actor Kim Joo-hyuk died in a car crash in Seoul, South Korea. Kim Joo-hyuk is a South Korean actor. He had won Best Supporting Actor Awardrecently, at the inaugural Seoul Awards. He died in a car crash in Seoul. He was 45 years old.
- Name the writer who has written a book in Kannada on ISRO?
1. S L Bhyrappa
2. G S Shivarudrappa
4. Khadri Achyuthan
5. T R Subba RaoAnswer – 4. Khadri Achyuthan
Veteran Kannada writer and journalist Khadri Achyuthan died after a brief period of illness, in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He has written a book in Kannada on ISRO. He has worked on Kannada translations of Sardar Patel and Dr Ambedkar. His contribution to the development of Kannada television news is enormous. He is a veteran print and broadcast journalist, author, academic and translator of various literary works. He was the former Doordarshan news director in the Bengaluru Kendra.
- When is the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas(National Unity Day) celebrated?
1. October 30, 2017
2. October 31, 2017
3. October 25, 2017
4. October 15, 2017
5. October 10, 2017Answer – 2. October 31, 2017
October 31 is celebrated as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) in India. This day marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who played an instrumental role in integration of princely state with Indian Union post independence. Celebration of October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014.
- World Savings Day is also called as _________ ?
1. World Banking Day
2. World Consumption Day
3. World Thrift Day
4. World Expenditure Day
5. World Management DayAnswer – 3. World Thrift Day
World Savings Day is also called the World Thrift Day. It is celebrated every year on 31st October all over the world. In India World Savings Day is celebrated on 30th October. The theme for World Savings Day 2017 is: Our future starts with savings. World Savings Day was established to spread awareness among people around the world about the idea of saving money in a bank.
- When is ‘World Cities Day’ observed across the world?
1. 29th October
2. 21st October
3. 30th October
4. 31st October
5. 15th OctoberAnswer – 4. 31st October
World Cities Day’ is observed on 31st October, every year across the world. It is observed to promote public interest in global urbanization, to seek cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development across the world.
- Mission Kakatiya, the water tank revival programme was started by which state government?
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. PunjabAnswer – 2. Telangana
Mission Kakatiya, the water tank revival programme started by the Telangana government, has resulted in an increase in the gross area irrigated under tank ayacut. There has been an increase in the yields of paddy, cotton and sorghum. The household agricultural income has also increased 78.50 per cent in the tank ayacut area.