AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 29 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Name the head of the panel of governors constituted by President Ram Nath Kovind that submitted its report ‘Approach to Agriculture : A Holistic Overview’ on approach to agriculture for doubling farmer’s income?
1) Raghuram Rajan
2) Ram Naik
3) Ananth Kumar
4) Leela Chandran
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ram Naik
On October 27, 2018, panel of governors constituted by President Ram Nath Kovind submitted its report ‘Approach to Agriculture : A Holistic Overview’ on approach to agriculture for doubling farmer’s income. The committee was headed by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik. It made 21 major recommendations. Some of them being: Establishment of a KRISHAK SHIKAYAR NIVARAN CELLor farmer’s grievances addressal system in every district, Development of climate-resilient and input-efficient varieties, Incentive grant to set up special agricultural zones and Regional hubs for region-specific crops, Slashing of premium rates of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana from 5 to 2.5 percent for big sowing area, Linking of the rural employment guarantee scheme MNREGA with productive agricultural activities, Encouraging women into agricultural activities since male counterparts are migrating.
- British Council and which state government have inked an MoU to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between the state and the UK at Tawang in the sidelines of the Tawang Festival?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Arunachal Pradesh
On October 28, 2018, the British Council and the Arunachal Pradesh government inked an MoU to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between the state and the UK at Tawang in the sidelines of the Tawang Festival. It was signed, in presence of CM Pema Khandu, by: British Council Director Alan Gemmell and Arunachal Pradesh Higher and Technical Education Director Dr Tayek Talom.
- India has donated _____ dollars to “Pipeline to Peacekeeping Command Programme” which is a 3-year training programme for commanders of UN peacekeeping?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $300,000
On October 28, 2018, India donated $300,000 to a training programme of commanders for UN peacekeeping. This was announced by Stephane Dujarric, the spokesman for Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. India’s contribution will be used with a specific focus on issues of conduct and discipline. The name of the programme is: “Pipeline to Peacekeeping Command Programme” and it is 3 years training programme. It will be the first of its kind with a focus on issues of conduct and sexual exploitation and abuse. The amount was handed over by India’s Permanent Representative Syed Akbaruddin to Atul Khare, the Under Secretary-General for Field Support.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to inject _____ rupees in the banking system on November 2018?
1) Rs 40,000 crore
2) Rs 20,000 crore
3) Rs 15,000 crore
4) Rs 55,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 40,000 crore
Reserve Bank of India decided to inject Rs 40,000 crore in the banking system on November 2018. This will done through purchase of government securities under open market operations for an aggregate amount of Rs. 400 billion in the month of November 2018. This will help ease cash shortage in the system and stabilise debt market rates. Recently in October, RBI had announced to conduct Rs 36,000 crore worth of OMO purchase.
- Who won the Miss Grand International 2018 title at the 6th edition of the beauty pageant in Yangon, Myanmar, on 25th October 2018?
1) Meenakshi Chaudhary
2) Clara Sosa
3) Gladys Carredeguas
4) Nga Phuong Bui
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Clara Sosa
On 25th October 2018, Miss Paraguay Clara Sosa won the Miss Grand International 2018 title at the 6th edition of the beauty pageant in Yangon, Myanmar. Clara Sosa succeeds Miss Grand International 2017 Maria Jose Lora of Peru. India’s, fbb Colors Femina Miss Grand India 2018Meenakshi Chaudhary was named 1st runner up. Miss Grand Indonesia Nadia Purwoko was the 2nd runner up. Miss Grand Puerto Rico Nicole Colon was named 3rd runner up, and Miss Grand Japan Haruka Oda was adjudged 4th runner up. Other title winners are:
• Best Swimsuit – Miss Grand Cuba Gladys Carredeguas
• Miss Popular Vote – Miss Grand Vietnam Nga Phuong Bui
• Best National Costume – Miss Grand Peru Andrea Moberg
• Best Social Media – Miss Grand Indonesia Nadia Purwoko
• Best Evening Gown – Miss Grand Thailand Moss Namoey Chanaphan
- United States military successfully tested a medium-range ballistic missile aboard the USS John Finn using a SM-3 Block IIA missile, off the west coast of Hawaii on 28th October 2018. It was co-developed with which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Japan
On October 28, 2018, the US military aboard the USS John Finn successfully detected, tracked and targeted and a medium-range ballistic missile off the west coast of Hawaii. It was done by an SM-3 Block IIA missile and is the 3rd attempt so far. It is co-developed with Japan. Previously, the US military had two failed intercept tests, in June 2017 and January 2018. The Standard Missile-3 Block IIA is a part of the US-Japan Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense system.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted crucial tests for smooth and precise landing of which lander aboard Chandrayaan 2, on 27th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vikram
On October 26, 2018, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted crucial tests for smooth and precise landing of Vikram, the lander aboard Chandrayaan 2. The Lander Actuator Performance Test (LAPT) aimed to assess the performance of the navigational system onboard the lander. For conducting the tests, the mass had been reduced to 1/6th the actual lander.
- Who was conferred the first Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No.1 Trophy, on 26th October 2018?
1) Serena Williams
2) Simona Halep
3) Martina Hingis
4) Naomi Okhura
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Simona Halep
On 26th October 2018, world number one Simona Halep has become the first recipient of the Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No.1 Trophy. 27-year-old Simona Halep, has won the Chris Evert WTA World No.1 Trophy, following her first Grand Slam title at the Roland Garros and the WTA Year-End world number one singles award for the second consecutive year. The Chris Evert WTA World No.1 Trophy has been named after WTA’s first-ever world number one Chris Evert. Chris Evert became the first ever WTA World No.1 on November 3, 1975 and stayed on the top spot for 260 weeks.
- Which country has secured number one spot in the latest FIFA’s world rankings released on 25th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Belgium
Belgium has secured number one spot in the latest FIFA’s world rankings released on 25th October 2018. Belgium and France were tied at the top spot in September 2018. Belgium, with 1,733 points, moved forward by a single point and has secured the top spot. Brazil remains in third position, followed by Croatia and England. India remains at 97th place. Gibraltar, which only became FIFA member in 2016, has reached its best ranking of 190.
- Name the Indian who won silver medal in the men’s 65kg freestyle wrestling at the 2018 Senior World Wrestling Championships held in Budapest, Hungary, from 20th to 28th October 2018?
1) Vijendra Singh
2) Bajrang Punia
3) Deepak Punia
4) Sushil Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bajrang Punia
From 20th to 28th October 2018, 2018 Senior World Wrestling Championships, was held in Budapest, Hungary. It was the 15th edition of World Wrestling Championships of combined events. A 30-member Indian team led by Olympic medalist Sakshi Malik and Asian Games gold medalist Bajrang Punia represented India. Jagminder Singh was the chief coach of freestyle team and Kuldeep Malik was in charge of women’s squad. India won 2 medals: 1 bronze medal and 1 silver medal. India’s 24-year-old Pooja Dhanda from Haryana defeated Grace Jacob Bhullen of Norway 10-7 and won bronze medal in the 57kg category. She has become the 4th Indian woman wrestler to have won a medal (all bronze) at the World Championships. India’s Bajrang Punia, won a silver medal in the 65kg freestyle division. He lost to Japanese Takuto Otoguro in the final.
- Name the Indian golfer who won the Panasonic Open India title at the Delhi Golf Club, in New Delhi, on 28thOctober 2018?
1) Sanjeev Kumar
2) Praneeth Roy
3) Khalin Joshi
4) Rafale Thomas
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Khalin Joshi
On 28th October 2018, Indian golfer Khalin Joshi won the Panasonic Open India title at the Delhi Golf Club, in New Delhi. Khalin Joshi, the 26-year-old golfer, secured a record-equalling winning score of 17-under 271 in the final. He won a cash prize of $72,000. This is his first Asian Tour title. He also became the 7th Indian to win the Panasonic Open India title in the last 8 editions of the tournament. Bangladesh’s Siddikur Rahman finished second with a par on the 18th and won a cash prize of $44,000. India’s Ajeetesh Sandhu, and Thailand’s Suradit Yongcharoenchai shot a 70 and a 69 and shared the third spot. They received a cash prize of $22,600 each. Total prize money of the Panasonic Open was $400,000.
- Pankaj Bandyopadhyay died following a long term illness, in Kolkata, on 26th October 2018. What was his profession?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Politician
On 26th October 2018, Pankaj Bandyopadhyay, a founding member of the Trinamool Congress (TMC), died following a long term illness, in Kolkata. He was 72 years old. He was also former leader of the opposition in West Bengal assembly. He joined the Congress during late 1960s. He became an MLA from Tollygunge constituency in 1972 and 1996. He joined TMC when it was formed in 1998. He was the chairman of TMC’s policy-making body. He retired from active politics in 2006.
- Madan Lal Khurana passed away following a long term illness, in New Delhi, on 27th October 2018. He was the former chief minister of which state/union territory?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Delhi
On 27th October 2018, former Delhi chief minister Madan Lal Khurana passed away following a long term illness, in New Delhi. Madan Lal Khurana was 82 years old. He belonged to the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) party. He was the chief minister of Delhi from 1993 to 1996. He was the governor of Rajasthan in 2004.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is National Rail Museum located?Delhi
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?Chairman – Dr. K. Sivan; Headquarters – Bengaluru
- Who is the governor of Arunachal Pradesh?B.D. Mishra
- When was Reserve Bank of India (RBI) founded?1st April 1935
- Who is the secretary general of United Nations?Antonio Guterres