AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 29 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- What is the compensation amount released by the Central Government to the states, for revenue loss after the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
1. Rs 800 crore
2. Rs 18698 crore
3. Rs 8698 crore
4. Rs 27698 crore
5. Rs 9898 croreAnswer – 3. Rs 8698 crore
Central Government has released Rs 8698 crore as compensation to states for revenue loss following implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST). All states except Rajasthan and Arunachal Pradesh have been given compensation for the first two months (July-August) after GST rollout. Under GST framework, a cess is levied on top of 28 per cent tax on luxury cars, demerit and sin Goods like aerated drink and tobacco. Compensation to states for any revenue loss on account of GST implementation has been paid from revenue collected through this cess.
- Name the communication satellite which Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) got, to monitor the Chinese border.
5. GZAT-6Answer – 2. GSAT-6
To enhance the security after the Doklam standoff with China, Union Government has armed the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) with access to ‘GSAT-6’ communication satellite’s feeds to track activities along Himalayan border. Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) geostationary communication satellite,GSAT-6 was launched in August 2015. Besides performing its primary task of communication, it also performs multiple tasks such as aiding in navigation, collecting data and image mapping.
- Name the committee appointed to probe into the death of former TamilNadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa.
1. Vishwesharaya committee
2. H L Dattu committee
3. Thakur committee
4. A.Arumughaswamy committee
5. Guruswamy committeeAnswer – 4. A.Arumughaswamy committee
The commission under the leadership of former Madras High Court judge A.Arumughaswamy was constituted by Tamil Nadu government on 25th September 2017. This commission was formed to probe the circumstances leading to the death of former Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa. This commission has called upon the acquainted persons to come forward and provide information before 22nd November 2017. The Commission would complete its inquiry and submit its report to the Tamil Nadu Government within three months of its constitution.
- Which armed force has finalised one of its biggest procurement plans for infantry modernisation at a cost of nearly Rs 40,000 crore to replace its ageing and obsolete?
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air force
4. Indian coastal guards
5. Integrated Defence staffsAnswer – 1. Indian Army
Indian Army has finalised one of its biggest procurement plans for infantry modernisation at a cost of nearly Rs 40,000 crore to replace its ageing and obsolete weapons. Under this plan, around 7 lakh rifles, 44,000 light machine guns (LMGs) and nearly 44,600 carbines will be procured. Indian Army has been insisting to fast-track the procurement in back drop of evolving security threats along India’s borders with Pakistan and China.
- Which country will host UN wildlife summit in 2020?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 2. India
India will host the thirteenth session of United Nations’ global wildlife conference on migratory species (CMS COP13) in 2020. The Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS COP) is held once in three years. It is the only international treaty devoted exclusively to migratory wildlife species. The summit aims to conserve terrestrial, marine, and avian migratory species on a global level.
- Which country’s High Court disqualified its deputy prime minister and four senators to sit in parliament due to a constitutional ban on dual citizens sitting in Parliament?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 5. Australia
Australia’s High Court declared Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce and four senators ineligible to remain in parliament. This has been done in line with a constitution ban that prevents dual citizens from sitting in the Parliament.This decision has made the ruling coalition government lose its one-seat parliamentary majority and lead to a by-election. Disqualified senators are replaced by members of their own parties without an election.
- Where was the 11th Trade Policy Forum (TPF) Meeting held at?
5. Saudi ArabiaAnswer – 4. Washington
On 26th October 2017, the 11th Trade Policy Forum (TPF) Meeting was held in Washington D.C., US. In the 11th Trade Policy Forum (TPF) Meeting, Indian Minister for Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu had productive discussions with the United States Trade Representative, Ambassador Robert Lighthizer and his team.
- India organised an India-China tourism exchange seminar in which city of China to create awareness about India’s tourist destinations?
5. JinanAnswer – 4. Sanya
Indian Consulate in Guangzhou, China organised ‘India-China (Sanya) Tourism Exchange Seminar’ at Sanya. The seminar was held to coincide with a 3-day Global Yoga Exchange Conference 2017 organised in Sanya. The seminar was attended by senior officials from Sanya Municipal Government, representatives of media organisations, business houses, academia travel agents and representatives from airlines.
- Which Armed forces are given ‘Black Hawk’ training in U.S?
1. Indian Air Force
2. Afghan Army
3. Indian Army
4. Afghan Air Force
5. Indian NavyAnswer – 4. Afghan Air Force
The first batch of the Afghan Air Force pilots completed their training in the United States for the newly-deployed modern UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The newly-trained batch of four Afghan pilots are expected to start services with the Afghan Air Force soon. The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is the U.S. Army’s primary medium lift utility transport and air assault aircraft.
- What is the portal managed by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)?
2. Sidbi. in
3. Sidbimsme. in
4. Udaymsme. in
5. Mithrusakthi. inAnswer – 1. udyamimitra.in
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has revamped its portal udyamimitra.in with enhanced features to provide easy access to credit and hand-holding services for micro small medium enterprises (MSME). In the market place, any bank, other than those requested, can also pick up the application for sanction, and this will be one of the best updates. The portal brings transparency and competition among lenders and removes the need to approach several banks individually.
- Why, The Reliance Communications is planning to shut down its 2G mobile business by the end of November?
1. Company has got better plans
2. 2G is out of fashion
3. Company is running under debt
4. Their 2G satellite got damaged
5. Slots are filled by 4G retailersAnswer – 3. Company is running under debt
The telecom company owned by Anil Ambani, The Reliance Communications, is planning to shut down its 2G mobile business by the end of November because the company is running under a debt of nearly Rs 45,000 crore. As a result 1,200 employees will lose their jobs. The company has not made any official announcement on the job cut yet but has released a statement on shutting down of its 2G business.
- Which app is named ‘the Best Mobile App for Travel and Leisure’ at Mobexx Awards 2017?
5. RedbusAnswer – 3. Cleartrip
Cleartrip was awarded the ‘Best Mobile App for Travel and Leisure’ at the Mobexx Awards 2017. The award was given to Cleatrip for the success it has had on the mobile platform. It is seen by many as the future of advertising and brand marketing. The Mobexx Awards recognise excellence in mobile marketing & advertising. The Mobexx Awards aims to set industry-wide benchmark in mobile engagement.
- Who replaced Bill Gates as world’s richest person with $90.6 billion fortune?
1. Larry Ellison
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Ussain Bolt
4. Mark Zuckerburg
5. Jeff BezosAnswer – 5. Jeff Bezos
According to Forbes magazine, the wealth of Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s founder reached $90.6 billion, compared to the $90.1 billion of Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates. Jeff Bezos has been on the Forbes list of the richest billionaires since 1998, after his e-commerce business Amazon.com, Inc. went public.
- Who was appointed as the chief secretary of Arunchal Pradesh?
1. Satya Gopal
2. Girija Vaithyanathan
3. C Chandrmouli
4. Surender Singh
5. Subramaniya RaoAnswer – 1. Satya Gopal
Delhi Principal Home Secretary Satya Gopal has been transferred to Arunchal Pradesh as the chief secretary.
Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal relieved Satya Gopal from the Delhi Principal Home Secretary post. Satya Gopal is a 1988 batch IAS officer. The transfer of Satya Gopal has been made one-and-a-half months after he was appointed as the principal home secretary in the Delhi government.
- Which company handed over the offshore patrol vessel (OPV) ‘Vikram’ to Indian Coast Guard?
1. Delhi land & finance Ltd (DLF)
2. Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
3. Oberoi Realty
4. Ashok Leyland
5. Unitech IndiaAnswer – 2. Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) handed over offshore patrol vessel (OPV) ‘Vikram’ to Indian Coast Guard. V S R Murthy, Additional Director General, Coast Guard, launched OPV ‘VIkram’ at a function at Kattupalli shipyard (in Tamil Nadu), in presence of J D Patil, Larsen and Toubro Board Member and Whole Time Director (Defence Business) and B Kannan, Larsen and Toubro Ship Building Managing Director.
- How did the Union Minister of Shipping Nitin Gadkari, flagged off a Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) ship from Chennai Port to Mongla port in Bangladesh?
1. By starting the Machine of Vessel
2. By Cutting ribbon
3. Virtually by Digital mode
4. On the occasion of Indian coastal guard’s day
5. By signing an MoU with BangladeshAnswer – 3. Virtually by Digital mode
Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari digitally flagged off a Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) ship from Chennai Port to Mongla port in Bangladesh. M.V. IDM DOODLE, a RoRo cum general cargo vessel carried an export consignment of 185 trucks by Ashok Leyland to Bangladesh. Export of these trucks was earlier done through land route by covering a distance of about 1500 km. Transport through the sea route will not only save about 15-20 days of travel time but will also be more cost effective.
- What is kala-azar?
1. Variety of Yellow fever
2. Fungal Infection in Brain
3. Infection in Blood cells
4. Transplantion process of Liver
5. Black FeverAnswer – 5. Black Fever
Kala-azar also called black fever is an endemic disease in four countries namely Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal. If untreated, kala-azar can kill the patient within two years. Earlier, the parasite Leishmania donovani was believed to be responsible for the kala-azar infection. People get infected when bitten by an insect called sandfly, which carries the disease-causing parasite.
- Where did the 17th edition of FIFA U-17 World Cup take place?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 2. India
17th edition of FIFA U-17 World Cup took place in India from 6th – 28th October 2017. FIFA U-17 is a biennial international football tournament of men’s under-17 national teams organised by Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
- By defeating whom Patna Pirates won the third consecutive Pro Kabaddi title?
1. Puneri Palton
2. Dabang Delhi
3. Telugu Titans
4. Gujarat Fortune Giants
5. Bengaluru BullsAnswer – 4. Gujarat Fortune giants
Patna Pirates defeated Gujarat Fortune giants by 55-38 at the finals in Chennai and won the fifth edition of Pro Kabaddi, for the third consecutive time, Patna Pirates’ Raider Pardeep Narwal won the Most Valuable Player and Best Raider awards in the 2017 Vivo Pro Kabaddi League season.
- What is the capital of Rwanda?
5. ByumbaAnswer – 1. Kigali
Rwanda’s first cricket stadium was inaugurated on 29thoct 2017 byPresident Paul Kagame as a permanent home for developing the sport in the country. The Rwandan Cricket Stadium Foundation was set up by Alby Shale, the son of a late British politician and cricket lover who visited Rwanda to do aid work.
- “Dreamnation: Uniting a Country with Handwritten Dreams” is a book, written on whose inspirational quotes?
1. Abdul Kalam
2. Rabindranath Tagore
3. Manmohan Singh
4. Aringar Anna
5. Baba RamdevAnswer – 1. Abdul Kalam
The book “Dreamnation: Uniting a Country with Handwritten Dreams” contains inspiring words of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. It was released on 15th October 2017, which is the 86th birth anniversary of APJ Abdul Kalam. The book was co-authored by Saji Mathew and Jubie John. It was published by Bloomsbury in collaboration with NGO LetterFarms.
- When is the World Stroke Day observed all over the world?
1. 30th October 2017
2. 29th October 2017
3. 27th October 2017
4. 15th October 2017
5. 10th October 2017Answer – 2. 29th October 2017
On 29th October 2017, World Stroke Day was observed all over the world. The theme for World Stroke Day 2017 is: What’s your reason for preventing stroke? Stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is cut off. Without blood, brain cells can be damaged or die. On the World Stroke day, organizations around the world conduct events emphasizing education, testing, and initiatives to improve the damaging effects of stroke worldwide.