Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Union Cabinet has cleared how much percent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) would be effective from July 2016?
D.1Answer – C.2
Union Cabinet has cleared 2 percent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA). The hike will be effective from July 2016. Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the establishment and operationalisation of a National Academic Depository (NAD), which is aimed at bringing another dimension and enhancement of the vision of Digital India.
- The Fourth meeting of the Nepal-India Joint Commission began in which place by setting the tone for the minister-level meeting scheduling?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
The fourth meeting of the Nepal-India Joint Commission began in New Delhi was setting the tone for the minister-level meeting scheduled. Foreign Secretaries Shankar Das Bairagi and S Jaishankar are directing the Nepali and Indian delegations. The Nepal-India ministerial level meeting is expected to focus on implementing the past agreements and accords signed between the two countries. The Nepal-India ministerial level meeting is expected to aim on implementing the past agreements agreements signed between the two countries.
- Which date is observed as World Day for Audiovisual Heritage with the 2016 Theme of “It’s Your Story – Don’t Lose It”?
D.October 27Answer – D.October 27
Audiovisual documents, such as films, radio and television programmes, are our common inheritance and contain the important records of the 20th and 21st centuries.The 2016 Theme is “It’s Your Story – Don’t Lose It”. They help to maintain the cultural identity of a people; but countless documentary treasures have disappeared since the invention of image and sound technologies that permit the peoples of the world to better share their experiences, creativity and knowledge.
- Who is a five-time Congress MLA from Gauriganj, passed away due to age-related ailments at a hospital in Kanpur?
D.Rajpati DeviAnswer – D.Rajpati Devi
Rajpati Devi, a five-time Congress MLA from Gauriganj, passed away due to age-related ailments at a hospital in Kanpur. Rajpati’s husband Giriraj Singh was a freedom fighter and was a one-time MLA from Gauriganj and MP from Sultanpur. He was close to Gandhi family. She is survived by two sons.
- The Nightingale of Kashmir has passed away at an age of 89 , Who is she?
D.Savitha BegumAnswer – A.Raj Begum
The Nightingale of Kashmir, Raj Begum, who enthralled millions with her mellifluous voice for more than seven decades, passed away after a long time illness. She was 89. She started at a time when women were not even allowed to move out of their homes. Her contribution only allowed female singers to come out and make their mark.
- Which American technology giant has acquired home-grown Sanovi Technologies to support its cloud offerings for an undisclosed sum?
D.CanonAnswer – C.IBM
American technology giant, IBM has acquired home-grown Sanovi Technologies to support its cloud offerings for an undisclosed sum. Bangalore based Sanovi provides hybrid cloud recovery, cloud migration and business continuity software for enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure. By the end of 2016, IBM plans to integrate the Sanovi’s capabilities into its Global Technology Services unit.
- Who has been appointed as next President and CEO of Swedish telecom gear maker Ericsson would be effective from January 16, 2017?
B.Hyun Chil Hong
D.Rahul SharmaAnswer – A.Borje Ekholm
Swedish telecom gear maker Ericsson has appointed Borje Ekholm as its next President and CEO, effective from January 16, 2017. The post become vacant after global CEO Hans Vestberg stepped down from the company in July 2016 after Ericsson declared 11 per cent decline in sales in the second quarter result. Ekholm is currently serving as CEO of Patricia Industries. He is also serving on Ericsson’s Board of Directors for the past 10 years which will help him to understand the challenges and the opportunities Ericsson currently facing.
- Who has been appointed as chief executive officer (CEO) of The International Hockey Federation (FIH) would be effective from February 2017?
D.Birendra LakraAnswer – B.Jason McCracken
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has appointed New Zealand’s Jason McCracken as its chief executive officer(CEO) and he will take over on February 2017. He will be leaving his role as head of insurance and investment risk at banking group ANZ to take up his new post at FIH’s headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Who has been named as the ‘Stroke Ambassador for India’ was made at the inaugural function of 10th World Stroke Congress (WSC) by Indian Stroke Association ?
D.Sunil GavaskarAnswer – D.Sunil Gavaskar
Former Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has been named as the ‘Stroke Ambassador for India’. The announcement was made at the inaugural function of 10th World Stroke Congress (WSC) by Indian Stroke Association which is hosting the event along with World Stroke Organisation, a World Health Organisation-affiliated NGO dedicated to the global fight against stroke. World Stroke Day is observed every year on October 29. WSC, organised once in two years, is being held in India for the first time.
- Who became The First Indian to be Elected Chairman of GSMA for the two-year period from January 2017 through December 2018?
B.Sunil Bharti Mittal
D.Uttam SinghAnswer – B.Sunil Bharti Mittal
The GSMA announced that it has elected Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, as Chairman for the two-year period from January 2017 through December 2018. He will oversee the strategic direction of the organisation, which represents nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators, as well as more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
- Which state government has announced the names of 54 eminent personalities who have been selected for the Yash Bharti award in recognition of their contributions in their respective field?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – A.Uttar Pradesh
The Government of Uttar Pradesh announced the names of 54 eminent personalities who have been selected for the award in recognition of their contributions in their respective field. Uttar Pradesh’s highest honour Yash Bharti award will be given to 54 personalities. Among them, nine Muslims were conferred the award by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in presence of Mulayam Singh Yadav. The award is given annually by Culture Department of UP government.
- What is the name of portal which was launched by Kolkata-based Srei for construction equipment machinery and services?
D.iNuippoAnswer – B.iQuippo
Kolkata-based Srei launched “iQuippo”, a digital marketplace for construction equipment machinery and services. It will allow, buying, sell and rent of new and used construction equipment and it will also have assisted services. The construction equipment market is envisaged to grow to Rs.50,000 crore by 2020.
- Which bank from UK has launched the service ‘Money2India Europe’ in Sweden, Norway and Denmark to any recipent account based in India?
D.ICICI BankAnswer – D.ICICI Bank
The British subsidiary of ICICI Bank, ICICI Bank UK Plc announced the launch of online money transfer services to facilitate transaction from any bank accounts in Sweden, Norway and Denmark to any recipent account based in India. The service called ‘Money2India Europe’ verifies the credentials of the customers over video call from Money2India Europe website.
- Which Bank has tied up with ToneTag, a Mobile payment solutions startup to integrate and deploy sound based contactless payments on its mobile wallet?
B.Punjab National Bank
D.Indus Ind BankAnswer – C.Yes Bank
YES Bank has tied up with ToneTag, a Mobile payment solutions startup to integrate and deploy sound based contactless payments on its mobile wallet YES Pay. ToneTag uses sound waves to enable offline, proximity based contactless payments. This technology will allow YES Pay wallet users to make ‘cardless’ and offline payments at merchant outlets through their mobile phone.
- State-run trading firm MMTC has tied up with seven banks, including ICICI and HDFC Bank, to sell government minted ______________.
A.Indian Copper Coin
B.Indian Bronze Coin
C.Indian Gold Coin
D.Indian Silver CoinAnswer – C.Indian Gold Coin
State-run trading firm MMTC has tied up with seven banks, including ICICI and HDFC Bank, to sell government minted ‘Indian Gold Coin’. The coins are currently available at all MMTC outlets across India along with select branches of seven banks –Indian Overseas Bank, Vijaya Bank, Federal Bank, Yes Bank, Andhra Bank, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank.
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, the Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment attended the 23rd Rehabilitation International World Congress at which country being held from 25-27 October,2016?
D.South AfricaAnswer – A.Scotland
Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, the Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment attended the 23rd Rehabilitation International World Congress at Edinburgh, Scotland, being held from 25-27 October,2016. The Theme of the Congress is, “Create a More Inclusive World”. The Congress is being attended by more than 1000 delegates from 65 countries.
- Which country has announced that it would withdraw from the International Criminal Court, the third African country to declare its departure?
D.BeninAnswer – B.Gambia
Gambia has announced that it will withdraw from the International Criminal Court, the third African country to declare its departure. The announcement came after similar decisions this month by South Africa and Burundi. The ICC, set up in 2002, is often accused of bias against Africa and has also struggled with a lack of cooperation, including from the US, which signed the court’s treaty but has never ratified it.
- Which country’s government has resigned after the president’s party quit the ruling coalition, inducing fears the Central Asian country could plunge into instability?
D.KyrgyzstanAnswer – D.Kyrgyzstan
The government of Kyrgyzstan resigned after the president’s party quit the ruling coalition, inducing fears the Central Asian country could plunge into instability. President Almazbek Atambayev signed an order on his government’s resignation, the president’s website announced. The government’s resignation was due to the collapse of the coalition of the parliamentary majority.
- India along with which country would hold detailed discussions on deeper military cooperations, specifically on joint production of fifth generation fighter aircraft, upgradation of Su-30 MKI planes?
D.AfghanistanAnswer – B.Russia
India and Russia would hold detailed discussions on deeper military cooperations, specifically on joint production of fifth generation fighter aircraft, upgradation of Su-30 MKI planes and firming up the contract for the S400 Triumf air defence system. Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu will co-chair a meeting of the Indo-Russian Inter Governmental Commission on Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGCMTC)with his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar.
- The 5th edition of the India-China Cooperation Forum was held at which city, attended more than 100 students and entrepreneurs from India and China?
D.ShanghaiAnswer – D.Shanghai
More than 100 students and entrepreneurs from Indian and Chinese businesses took part in the 5th edition of the India-China Cooperation Forum in Shanghai to boost bilateral trade and increase investments in crucial sectors. Mr. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of the Republic of India, is currently paying an official visit to China at the invitation of H.E. Mr. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China.
- Which Chief Minister has announced that the state government has decided to observe 2017 as the “Garib Kalyan Varsh”, with schemes to be spread next year for the poor?
A.Manohar Lal Khattar
C.Chandra Babu Naidu
D.JayalalithaAnswer – A.Manohar Lal Khattar
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced that the state government has decided to observe 2017 as the “GaribKalyan Varsh”, with schemes to be spread next year for the poor. During the era of GaribKalyan Varsh, the government would lay confirm on welfare of poor people and generating employment opportunities for the youth. Khattar, who completed two years in office the outgoing year was dedicated to Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya and accrued with the Golden Jubilee formation year of the state, established at Punjab in 1966.
- The pensioners identity cards given to retired employees would have ____________ as the Home Ministry has cleared a proposal in this regard.
A.Voter Id number
B.Aadhaar Card number
D.National languageAnswer – C.National emblem
The pensioners identity cards given to retired employees would have national emblem as the Home Ministry has cleared a proposal in this regard. The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has been considering a proposal of issuing identity cards to all the pensioners. It was decided that it would not be necessary to have the State emblem on the identity cards given to retired employees.
- The one-man judicial committee on which scheme prepared by the Union Government, has submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar?
A.Atal Pension Yojana
B.Stand Up India
C.One Rank One Pension
D.Swachh BharatAnswer – C.One Rank One Pension
The one-man judicial committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) prepared by the Union Government, has submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. The Central Government had appointed the committee under the Chairmanship of Justice L Narasimha Reddy, retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court to look into the anomalies, if any, arising out of implementation of OROP.