Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- How much amount has been invested by the Union Government to boost Road, Inland, Water Transport facilities in Assam?
A.Rs.1 Lakh Crore
B.Rs.2 Lakh Crore
C.Rs.3 Lakh Crore
D.Rs.2.5 Lakh Crore
Answer – A.Rs.1 Lakh Crore
Road and inland water communication in Assam is prepared to improve by the Centre. It decided to invest nearly Rs.1 lakh crore to improve connectivity. Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari announced about the improvement of transport communication with Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in New Delhi.
- Which famed American anti-war activist has died in his home in Santa Monica at an age of 76?
Answer – D.Tom Hayden
Famed American anti-war activist, Tom Hayden has died aged 76. Hayden died in his home in Santa Monica “after a lengthy illness”. He was a member of the “Chicago seven” charged with conspiracy over anti-Vietnam war protests in 1968 and eventually acquitted.
- Which city became the fifth Indian city to be ratified as a venue for next year’s Under-17 football World Cup?
Answer – C.Guwahati
Guwahati became the fifth Indian city to be ratified as a venue for next year’s Under-17 football World Cup. The FIFA delegation along with members of the Local Organising Committee visited the site and had a comprehensive look at the stadium and the training facilities. Earlier, Kochi, Navi Mumbai, Goa and New Delhi had got the FIFA’s nodt and he 23-member delegation will travel to Kolkata.
- Which gas has attained globally averaged concentration in the atmosphere reached 400 parts per million for the first time in 2015 and 2016?
Answer – D.Carbondioxide
Globally averaged concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere reached 400 parts per million for the first time in 2015 and increased again to new records in 2016 due to the very powerful El Niño event. This measure indicates the amount of planet-warming gases man is putting into the atmosphere at record rates, and the current concentrations are unprecedented in millions of years.
- ISRO started a series of ground and aerial tests linked to the critical Moon landing of which space probe at Challakere in Chitradurga district?
A.Jugnu – 3
B.Bhaskara – 3
C.Chandrayaan – 2
D.Aryabhatta – 2
Answer – C.Chandrayaan – 2
The Indian Space Research Organization started a series of ground and aerial tests linked to the critical Moon landing of Chandrayaan-2 at Challakere in Chitradurga district. This Place is 400 km far away from Bengaluru. ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) is the lead centre for the second Moon mission. It has artificially created close to ten craters to simulate the lunar terrain and test the Lander’s sensors. Former Reserve Bank of India chief general manager Salim Gangadharan is appointed as the next non-executive chairman of South Indian Bank. It is effective from November first week.
- Who has been appointed as the next non-executive chairman of South Indian Bank would be effective from first week of November?
Answer – B.Salim Gangadharan
Former Reserve Bank of India chief general manager Salim Gangadharan is appointed as the next non-executive chairman of South Indian Bank. It is effective from November first week. Gangadharan will replace Amitabha Guha will resign on November 1, 2016. He has been independent director in the bank since January 2014 and he retired from RBI as principal chief general manager.
- Which Tata group chairman has been removed from his post and Ratan Tata is named as interim chairman for four months?
A.Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
B.Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
D.Padma Singh Isaac
Answer – A.Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
Tata group chairman Cyrus Pallonji Mistry(48) is removed from his post and Ratan Tata is named as interim chairman for four months. It was announced by the Tata Son’s board of directors. Mistry took over as the chairman of Tata Sons in 2012.He will remain a director on the board of Tata Sons till March 2017.
- Who has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Australia?
A.Dr. Akilesh M. Gowda
B.Dr. Akash M. Gowardan
C.Dr. Akash M. Gowda
D.Dr. Ajay M. Gondane
Answer – D.Dr. Ajay M. Gondane
Dr. Ajay M. Gondane was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Australia. Currently he is working as the Additional Secretary (Political) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). He has previously served as High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea and as Deputy Consul General of India in New York.
- Which body builder from Ramagondanahalli was crowned as Mr. Asia 2016 at the 5th Phil-Asia bodybuilding championships held in Philippines?
Answer – B.G. Balakrishna
Balakrishna(25) from Ramagondanahalli was crowned as Mr. Asia 2016 at the 5th Phil-Asia bodybuilding championships held in Philippines. He is trained by champions Sangram Chougla from Mumbai and Munish Kumar from Punjab. He started the water tanker business in 2010 also he works as a gym instructoriv. He won Mr. Universe Under-24 junior contest in 2013 in Germany and Mr. Universe title in the same category at the world championship in Athens in 2014.
- Which General Insurance Company has entered into a tie-up with Maruti Insurance Broking Pvt Ltd (MIBL) to offer motor insurance to buyers of Maruti Suzuki cars?
D.Aditya Birla Life
Answer – A.HDFC ERGO
HDFC ERGO General InsuranceCompany has entered into a tie-up with Maruti Insurance Broking Pvt Ltd (MIBL) to offer motor insurance to buyers of Maruti Suzuki cars. The insurance would be offered to buyers of Maruti Suzuki cars in Pune, Surat and Baroda. HDFC ERGO is present across 91 cities and the MIBL has partnered with 11 insurance providers to ensure stress-free service to its customers.
- The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) notified how much percent for foreign direct investment in ‘other financial services’ carried out by Non-Banking Finance companies (NBFCs)?
Answer – C.100 percent
The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) notified 100 per cent foreign direct investment in ‘other financial services’ carried out by Non-Banking Finance companies(NBFCs ) to attract foreign capital into India. Other financial services will include activities which are regulated by any financial sector regulator – RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, NHB or any other financial sector regulator.
- What is the name of 4th edition of Indo- Sri Lanka Military Exercise is being conducted at Sinha Regimental Centre in Ambepussa, Sri Lanka?
A.Exercise Maitree 2016
B.Yudh Abhyas 2016
C.Mitra Shakti 2016
Answer – C.Mitra Shakti 2016
The fourth edition of the India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise ‘MITRA SHAKTI 2016’ is being conducted at Sinha Regimental Centre in Ambepussa, Sri Lanka from October 24 to November 6. The main focus of this edition of the joint exercise is to enhance inter-operability while carrying out Counter Insurgency (CI)/Counter Terrorism (CT) operations under the United Nations Mandate.
- What is the name of service which was launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley for quarterly Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) for salaried class?
A.MMS Alert Service
B.SMS Alert Service
C.Account Alert Service
D.Deduction Alert Service
Answer – B.SMS Alert Service
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the SMS alert service for quarterly Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) for salaried class and also be sent to deductors who have either failed to deposit taxes deducted ot to e-file their TDS returns by the due date. Tax payers will benefit if they receive information through use of technology. So they can match the office salary slip and the SMS and at the end of the fiscal he will be clear about any possible tax dues. CBDT has launched the ambitious ‘e-nivaran‘ facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances related to refunds.
- How many apps has been augmented for the assembly elections of Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal to make the election process smooth, effective and transparent?
Answer – D.3
Samadhan is a Public Grievance Redressal System which has been conceptualized as a Comprehensive system with multiple modes for receiving complaints. Suvidha is a single window system for Candidates and Political Parties to apply for permissions. Sugam is a Vehicle Management System with the facility of Issuance of requisition letters for vehicles, Capturing of vehicle details with address, mobile number and bank details of Owner & Driver, Transfer of vehicles from one district to another district etc.
- Which service voters would receive their ballots through the internet from the Election Commission (EC) in the upcoming assembly elections?
B.Indian Coast Guards
C.Indian Armed Forces
Answer – C.Indian Armed Forces
The armed forces service voters would receive their ballots through the internet from the Election Commission (EC) in the upcoming assembly elections. The Centre has changed the Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961 enabling service voters, including armed forces personnel, to cast their vote in elections through e-postal ballot. This would cut short the delay experienced in the present system of two-way transmission of ballot paper by the postal services.
- Which statement is true related to Re-examine of 1995 verdict on Hindutva by Supreme Court?
Statement 1. The issue has been referred by a six – judge bench
Statement 2. The 1995 judgment defined Hindutva ‘as a way of life and not a religion’
A.Both 1 and 2
D.Neither 1 or 2
Answer – B.Only 2
The Supreme Court gave the final decision that it wouldnot re-examine its1995 verdict on Hindutva at this stage as it is not the reference for hearing electoral malpractice issues. The 1995 judgment defined Hindutva ‘as a way of life and not a religion’. SC mentioned it that it wasn’t keen to revisit the debate about philosophy of Hinduism but made it clear religion shouldn’t be used in elections.
- Which country has topped in the World Giving Index 2016 ?
Myanmar tops the world with 70 per cent, it is followed by the US, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Canada, Indonesia, the UK, Ireland and the UAE. The CAF is a Britain-based international non-profit organization. NGO and the research was conducted over 140 countries