Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- PM Narendra Modi launched “Urja Ganga”, 1500 km long gas pipeline project which costing Rs 51,000 crore to provide piped cooking gas to residents of which place within two years?
Answer – D.Varanasi
Modi launched “Urja Ganga”, 1500 km long gas pipeline project which costing Rs 51,000 crore to provide piped cooking gas to residents of Varanasi within two years. He flagged off projects like doubling of railway tracks on the busy Allahabad—Varanasi section and expansion of the Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) besides laying foundation stone for a fully air-conditioned perishable cargo centre in Varanasi.
- The 22nd meeting of the Western Zonal Council was held under the chairmanship of Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh in which place?
Answer – B.Mumbai, Maharashtra
The 22nd meeting of the Western Zonal Council was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh.The meeting was attended by the Chief Ministers and Ministers of these States and Administrators of Union Territories as well as senior officers of Central and State Governments. The Council reviewed the progress of implementation of the recommendations made in the last meeting.
- Who has been inaugurated the 19th ‘World Peace Conference’ at Nashik in Maharashtra on October 24, 2016?
Answer – A.C. Vidyasagar
The 19th ‘World Peace Conference’ was inaugurated by Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao at Nashik in Maharashtra on October 24, 2016. The Aim is to strengthen people to search truth and utilise education for development of the society. The conference Organiser is Gokhale Education Society (GES) and International Association of Educators for World Peace.
- Which junction is called as Happiness junction in Bihar’s railway station of the East Central Railway which is inaugurated by the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Manoj Kumar Aggarwal?
Answer – D.Sonpur
First ‘Happiness Junction’ of India was inaugurated in Bihar’s Sonepur railway station of the East Central Railway (ECR) by Sonepur Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Manoj Kumar Aggarwal. Sonepur junction will have the several books and several entertainment tools for waiting passengers.Besides with TV, journals and a kids zone are also will available. This facility would be extended in other stations of the division soon.
- India Army team has won a gold medal at Exercise Cambrian Patrol which was organised by the British Army in which country?
Answer – B.Wales
India Army team has won a gold medal at Exercise Cambrian Patrol which was organised by the British Army in Wales.The Indian Army team presented a tradition khukri as a memento to the British Army. The eight men of the 2nd Battalion of 8 Gorkha Rifles received the medal from British Prime Minister Theresa May. The exercise is so difficult that many teams are unable to finish. However, those who do are honoured by gold, silver, bronze medals or an accreditation for passing the test.
- Which date is celebrated as United Nations Day with an aim to highlight concrete actions people can take to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals?
Answer – D.October 24
United Nations Day is celebrated to making known to people of the world the aims and achievements of the United Nations Organization. Aim of UN Day 2016 is to highlight concrete actions people can take to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The 2016 Theme is ‘Freedom First ‘.
- Which date is observed as World Development Information Day every year to draw attention of worldwide public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them?
Answer – A.October 24
World Development Information Day is observed every year on October 24 to to draw attention of worldwide public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them. World Development Information Day was first held on October 24, 1973. It was coinciding with United Nations Day.
- What is the name of Qatar’s former ruler died at an age of 84 in Palace Coup?
A.Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
B.Gamal Abdel Nasser
C.Khalifa Bin Hamad Al Thani
D.Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Answer – C.Khalifa Bin Hamad Al Thani
Qatar has announced three days of national mourning after the former Emir Khalifa bin Hamad Al-Thani, who was deposed in a palace coup, died aged 84. The former ruler, the grandfather of the current Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani. During his time as leader from 1972 to 1995, he oversaw the transformation of modern-day Qatar into an energy-rich country.
- Which Poet and Pulitzer Prize winning Author has died at an age of 58 in Olympia?
C.Viet Thanh Nguyen
Answer – B.Lucia Perillo
The Pulitzer Prize winning Author Lucia Perillo has died in Olympia. He was 58. Perillo authored several collections of poetry including “Inseminating the Elephant” in 2009, which won the Pulitzer Prize and winner of the Rebekah Johnson Bobbitt National Prize for Poetry from the Library of Congress. The MacArthur Genius Fellow was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1988 and his first book was “Dangerous Life.”
- Which sports person from Britain has won the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas on October 23, 2016?
Answer – C.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton from Britain won the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas on October 23, 2016.It was Hamilton’s 50th career victory and seventh win of the current season and his third consecutive triumph on the Texas circuit. Moreover, it was his fourth Grand Prix victory in the past five years. Nico Rosberg and Daniel Ricciardo secured second and third place respectively.
- Which cricketer has become only the fifth Indian and third wicket-keeper to complete 9000 runs in One-day Internationals during the third ODI against New Zealand in Mohali on October 23, 2016?
Answer – D.MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni became only the fifth Indian and third wicket-keeper to complete 9000 runs in One-day Internationals during the third ODI against New Zealand in Mohali on October 23, 2016. Dhoni is leading the Indian side in a five-match ODI series against New Zealand. He also broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most sixes 195 in ODIs.
- What is the name of China’s space lab which is orbiting the Earth with two astronauts on board has successfully launched a micro-satellite which weighs 47 kilograms?
Answer – A.Tiangong-2
China’s space lab Tiangong-2 orbiting the Earth with two astronauts on board has successfully launched a micro-satellite which weighs 47 kilograms and is the size of a printer. The micro satellite is able to conduct efficient orbit control, process tasks autonomously and transmit data at high speeds. The micro satellite has a series of visible light cameras, including a 25 megapixel camera and wide-angle imagers.
- Who has been appointed as the chairperson of the Jammu & Kashmir Human Rights Comission by the J&K Governor N N Vohra?
A.Rani Singh Nair
Answer – D.Bilal Nazki
J & K Governor N N Vohra appointed Bilal Nazki as the chairperson of the Jammu & Kashmir Human Rights Comission. Nazki was retired as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court in November 2009 and was later appointed as the chairperson of Human Rights Commission of Bihar. He also headed the committee set up by the Centre to review the functioning of the Haj Committee of Indiaand its state units in 2013.
- What is the name of new Rear Admiral who took charge as the Flag Officer Submarines on October 24, 2016?
A.Sourendra Nath Kohli
B.Bhaskar Sadashiv Soman
C.Ram Dass Katari
Answer – D.Vennam Srinivas
Rear Admiral Vennam Srinivas took charge as the Flag Officer Submarines on October 24, 2016. He will replace Rear Admiral Sanjay Mahindru. Srinivas was commissioned on July 1, 1897 and has served 25 years in the submarine arm. He has commanded two conventional submarines, a destroyer prior assuming command of the nuclear submarine INS Chakra.
- Which former Brazilian footballer holds the Guinness World Record for the most number of goals scored by an individual in a specified period?
A.Carlos Alberto Torres
B.Edson Arantes do Nascimento
D.Paulo Roberto Falcão
Answer – B.Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Former Brazilian footballer Edson Arantes do Nascimento known as Pelé holds the Guinness World Record for the most number of goals scored by an individual in a specified period. The total goal scored by him was 1,279 goals from 7 September 1956 to 1 October 1977 in 1,363 games. Since his retirement in 1977, Pele has become an international ambassador for sport, working to promote peace.
- Which doctor along with CS Yadav of department of orthopaedics, from the AIIMS have been chosen for Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Award Roy Award for excellence in the field of medicine?
Answer – D.Randeep Guleria
Randeep Guleria, Head of Pulmonology, and CS Yadav of department of orthopaedics, from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences have been chosen for Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy Award Roy Award for excellence in the field of medicine. Chairman of Board of Management at SGRH DS Rana selected for in the category of recognising the best talents in encouraging the development of specialities in different branches in medicine. Arvind Kumar also chosen for the ‘Eminent Medical Person’ category.
- Which company’s Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla pledged an investment of Rs. 20,000 crore for the state of MP in sectors like retail, telecom and cement?
D.Aditya Birla Group
Answer – D.Aditya Birla Group
Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla pledged an investment of Rs. 20,000 crore for the state of MP in sectors like retail, telecom and cement. According to Mr. Birla at Madhya Pradesh Global Investors Summit, MP is among the top markets for Idea Cellular, which has already invested nearly Rs. 7,000 crore over two decades.
- What is the name of India’s first startup magazine which was founded by Adhish Verma and Arunraj Rajendran?
Answer – B.Cofounder
The Cofounder launches itself as India’s first startup magazine that will help boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country through its stories. The Cofounder, founded by Adhish Verma and Arunraj Rajendran, is the first startup magazine that will talk about real stories behind the early stage startups and entrepreneurs.
- Which organisation has introduced a paperless SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) facility for mutual fund (MF) investors?
Answer – D.BSE
BSE has introduced a paperless SIP(Systematic Investment Plan) facility for mutual fund (MF) investors. It will extremely cut the registration time and also allow subscribers to transact through different payment modes including net banking. SIP is an investment vehicle that allows investors to invest in small amounts periodically instead of lump sums. The frequency of investment is usually weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- Which country’s parliament has passed a law to ban the sale, import and production of alcohol in the country under Article 14?
Answer – B.Iraq
Iraq’s Parliament passes law to ban the sale, import and production of alcohol in the country under Article 14. It was also passed by MPs in Baghdad. It was announced by a veteran Christian MP, Yonadam Kanna. The law is justified by the Constitution, which prohibits any law contradicting Islam. Every violation of this law incurs a fine of 10 million to 25 million dinars [roughly $8,000 to $20,000].
- Central government is planning to fast-track four projects in Indus river basin to increase irrigation area in which state by nearly 2.05 lakh acres?
C.Jammu and Kashmir
Answer – C.Jammu and Kashmir
Central government is planning to fast-track four projects in Indus river basin to increase irrigation area in Jammu and Kashmir by nearly 2.05 lakh acres. PM Modi had chaired a meeting to review the 56-year-old Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) last month. Out of four three projects are -Tral Irrigation Project in Pulwama, Prakachik Khows Canal in Kargil and restoration and modernisation of main Ravi Canal in Jammu’s Sambha and Kathua– are expected to be completed by this fiscal.
- Which Police force has celebrated its 55th raising day on October 24th 2016?
A.Indian Police Academy
B.Indo Tibetan Border Police
C.Assam Riffle Police Force
Answer – B.Indo Tibetan Border Police
Indo Tibetan Border Police, ITBP celebrated its 55th raising day on October 24. The force was raised on 24th October in 1962. It is deployed on border guarding duties from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh covering 3488 kilometer of India-China Border manning Border Outposts on altitudes raging from 9000 feet to 18700 feet in the Western, Middle and Eastern Sector of the Border.