AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 23 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Haryana State Government announced to set up __________ for cattle to boost dairy industry in the state with an objective to make Haryana as the best state in milk production.
1. Cattle Fields
2. Paying Guests
3. Separate Places
4. Grounds with Roofs
5. GrasslandsAnswer – 2. Paying Guests
Haryana State Government announced to set up ‘PGs (Paying Guests) for cattle’, through which people living in high-rises or in urban areas will be able to rear their own cattle and produce quality milk for their personal consumption.
In such earmarked areas, there will be two types of dairies – one will be traditional and the other will be set up as ‘PGs for cattle’. People who live in high rise buildings in a big city where rearing cattle is not possible, but still want to consume milk of their own cow or buffalo, can rear their own cattle and get quality milk by taking up plots reserved for ‘PGs for cattle’ in the earmarked dairy areas.
- In which Indian city, the India’s First Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra for Skilling in Smart Cities inaugurated?
3. New Delhi
5. ChennaiAnswer – 3. New delhi
Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh along with Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities in New Delhi in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
This centre, located at Mandir Marg, New Delhi, is an exemplary heritage building of approx. 30,000 sq.ft. It has a capacity of skilling 4000 youth annually and caters to healthcare and solar energy sectors.
- Which organisation has submitted the State of World Population 2017 Report?
1. University of California
2. Save the Population
3. World Vision International
4. United Nations Poverty Analysis
5. United Nations Population FundAnswer – 5. United Nations Population Fund
State of World Population 2017 report by the United Nations Population Fund, prevailing inequality between rich and poor has to be tackled on an urgent basis and poorest and most vulnerable women will have to be empowered to make their own decisions about their lives. On failing to do so, countries across the world could face unrest and their development will be hampered. The report has been titled “Worlds Apart: Reproductive Health and Rights in an Age of Inequality.”
- Where is 2ndWorld Congress on Marxism is scheduled to be held at?
5. ChaoyangAnswer – 1. Beijing
2nd World Congress on Marxism is scheduled to be held in Peking University in Beijing from 5th – 6th May 2018. The theme of 2nd World Congress on Marxism will be “Marxism and the current world and China”. 17 sub forums will be held covering topics like Chinese solution and modernization approach by the developing countries.
- Which of the following given option is not a utility bill?
1. Electricity Bill
2. Water Bill
3. Cable Bill
4. Natural Gas Bills
5. Sewage BillAnswer – 3. Cable Bill
As per the notification by Department of Revenue under the Finance Ministry, in case the identification document does not contain updated address, a utility bill like electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas or water bill which is not more than two months old can be considered as a proof of address.
- “Yadadri supercritical thermal power project” is to be executed in which Indian state?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. GujaratAnswer – 4. Telengana
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) announced that it has commenced execution of Yadadri supercritical thermal power project ordered by the Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Ltd. (TSGENCO).
The project is located at Damaracherla in Nalgonda district of Telangana and is valued at approximately Rs 20,400 crore. It has all the necessary environmental clearances and is compliant with the revised emission norms.
- Who is the winner of this year’s Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge for finding a sensor that can detect lead levels in water better than traditional methods?
1. Dhivya Sharma
2. Koushik Chakraborthy
3. Paltu Rao Kumar
4. Losiana Naik
5. Gitanjali RaoAnswer – 5. Gitanjali Rao
11 years old Gitanjali Rao from Lone Tree, Colorado, is the winner of this year’s Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge for her sensor that can detect lead levels in water better than traditional methods. Gitanjali after winning will take home US$25,000 for her innovative idea, which she said that she developed approximately five months ago in response to learning about the ongoing water crisisin Flint, Michigan.
- Who is appointed as interlocutor for peace talks with Assam’s insurgent groups, including the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA)?
1. Narendra Modi
2. Dhilip Padagaonkar
3. Dineshwar Sharma
4. Ram Nath Kovind
5. H L DattuAnswer – 3. Dineshwar Sharma
Dineshwar Sharma, the Former director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB), has taken charge as the interlocutor, for peace talks with Assam’s insurgent groups, including the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA). He was already posted in Kashmir in early 1992, when militancy there was at its peak. Thereafter, he handled Kashmir issue from IB headquarters in Delhi. He was also director of IB between December 2014 to 2016.
- Who was appointed as the Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
1. Rakesh Asthana
2. Alok Kumar Verma
3. Rakesh Sharma
4. Ahmed Patel
5. Geoege PatnaikAnswer – 1. Rakesh Asthana
The Government promoted senior IPS officer Rakesh Asthana as Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Other appointments were also made as a part of bureaucratic reshuffle. The following appointments were announced by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel and Training. The government has promoted senior IPS officer Rakesh Asthana as Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Earlier he was Additional Director in CBI.
- Ngangom Sarat Singh was appointed as member of the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for which two north eastern states?
1. Assam & Manipur
2. Tripura & Nagaland
3. Manipur & Mizoram
4. Sikkim And Meghalaya
5. Arunachel Pradesh & MizoramAnswer – 3. Manipur & Mizoram
Ngangom Sarat Singh was appointed as member of the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Manipur and Mizoram. He took oath as member of the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Manipur and Mizoram in the presence of Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, RK Singh.
- Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s belongs to which party?
1. Happiness Realization Party
2. Liberal Democratic Party
3. Imperial Rule Party
4. Japan Nation Party
5. Tomorrow Party of Japan
Answer – 2. Liberal Democratic Party
In the snap election held in Japan, ruling coalition headed by incumbent Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has won two-thirds “super majority” in the 465-member lower house. i. This electoral victory will boost Abe’s chances of winning another three- year term next September. The ruling coalition comprising Shinzo Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party and its junior partner Komeito now have two-third majority in upper house as well as the lower house of Japanese parliament.
- What is SS Thistlegorm?
1. Play Station
2. Navy Submarine
3. Navy Ship
4. Defence Vehicle
5. SatelliteAnswer – 3. Navy ship
Researchers from University of Nottingham in the UK, have combined a 3D model of the sunken ship SS Thistlegorm, based on thousands of photographs, with 360-degree underwater video of divers exploring key sections of the wreck. Archaeologists collected thousands of photographs and videos from the site. The team processed and combined images of the shipwreck with photogrammetric software.
- Name the Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) provided to Sri Lankan Navy by the Indian Coast Guard.
5. DaburAnswer – 4. Suraksha
Sri Lankan Navy commissioned Sri Lanka Coast Guard (SLCGS) Ship Suraksha. SLCGS Suraksha is an Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) provided by the Indian Coast Guard to the Sri Lanka Navy. During its tenure with Indian Coast Guard, this OPV was named ‘Varuna’. It was formally handed over to Sri Lankan Navy in September 2017.
- Dwarf planet Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt, which is located between the orbits of which two planets?
1. Mercury & Venus
2. Earth & Mars
3. Mars & Jupiter
4. Uranaus & Neptune
5. Pluto & EarthAnswer – 3. Mars & Jupiter
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has announced a second mission extension for Dawn spacecraft which is currently in an orbit around dwarf planet Ceres. Dwarf planet Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt is located between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.
- By defeating Lee Hyun-il of South Korea who won the title of Denmark Open to Clinch Third Super Series 2017?
1. Saina Nehwal
2. Kidambi Srikanth
3. Roger Federer
4. Rafael Nadal
5. Pat RafterAnswer – 2. Kidambi Srikanth
Kidambi Srikanth of India defeated Lee Hyun-il of South Korea by 21-10, 21-5 in the Men’s singles finals. Kidambi Srikanth won the Men’s singles title. This is his third Super Series title in 2017. Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand defeated Akane Yamaguchi of Japan by 14-21, 21-15, 21-19 in women’s singles finals. Ratchanok Intanon won the women’s singles title.
- Which Indian Golfer won Macao Open 2017 at the Macau Golf and Country Club in Macau?
1 Anirban Lahiri
2. Jyothi Landhawa
3. Jeev Milka Singh
4. Shiv Kapur
5. Gaganjeet BhullarAnswer – 5. Gaganjeet Bhullar
Indian Golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won Macao Open 2017 at the Macau Golf and Country Club in Macau. This was eighth Asian Tour title of Gaganjeet’s career and his first title this year. In the finals, Gaganjeet was leading with four shots which reduced to one in round three. However he drained five birdies on the front nine and won by three shots.
- Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) “Suraksha” in Srilanka was called as ______ in India?
5. AgniAnswer – 2. Varuna
SLCGS Suraksha is an Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) provided by the Indian Coast Guard to the Sri Lanka Navy. During its tenure with Indian Coast Guard, this OPV was named ‘Varuna’. It was formally handed over to Sri Lankan Navy in September 2017.
- Which Minister is responsible for the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions?
3. Finance Minister
4. External affairs Minister
5. Education MinisterAnswer – 1. PM
About Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
♦ Minister responsible – Narendra Modi, PM
♦ Deputy Minister – Jitendra Singh
- What is the Parent Agency of Intelligence Bureau?
1. Ministry of civil aviation
2. Ministry of communication
3. Ministry of consumer affairs
4. Ministry of public distribution
5. Ministry of Home AffairsAnswer – 5. Ministry of Home Affairs
♦ Formed – 1887
♦ Headquarters – New Delhi
♦ Parent Agency – Ministry of Home Affairs