AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 22 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, dedicated the National Police Memorial to the nation, located in _____ on Police Commemoration Day, October 21, 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On October 21, 2018, on Police Commemoration Day, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated the National Police Memorial to the nation, located in New Delhi. He also announced an annual award in the name of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, to honour the police and paramilitary personnel, involved in disaster response operations. He also inaugurated the Museum of National Police memorial. He urged the police forces to adopt technology and innovation in their daily discharge of duties. This is why, he mentioned about the Modernization of Police Forces Scheme (MPF), which modernized the police forces through technology, modern communication systems and modern weapons.
- Name the head of the parliamentary panel on labour that was constituted to examine the functioning of Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), on 17th October 2018?
1) Sriram Parthasarathy
2) Ram Sundar S
3) Kirit Somaiya
4) Vivek Kumar Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kirit Somaiya
On October 17, 2018, a parliamentary panel on labour was constituted to examine the functioning of retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). It will be headed by BJP MP Kirit Somaiya. Its functions are listed as below:
• To examine the functioning of EPFO,
• To review the implementation of labour laws, social security and welfare scheme for workers,
• International Labour Organisation conventions binding on India,
• Measures taken by the Indian government to implement ILO laws,
• To look into the working conditions and welfare of mine workers and review that to Directorate General of Mines Safety
- India’s first ever passenger cruise ship ‘Angriya’ was launched between Goa and which city on 20th October 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mumbai
On October 20, 2018, to develop Cruise Tourism in the country, India’s first ever passenger cruise ship was launched between Mumbai and Goa. It was launched by Union Shipping, Ports and Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari in Mumbai. It is a joint venture between Mumbai Port Trust and Angriya Sea Eagle Pvt Ltd. The cruise ship Angriya has been named after first Maratha Navy Admiral Kanhoji Angre and the great Angria bank coral reef near Vijaydurg, Maharashtra.
- India’s longest river bridge will be built across which river, connecting Dhubri in Assam to Phulbari in Meghalaya, by 2026-27?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Brahmaputra
On October 21, 2018, it was announced that India’s longest river bridge will be built across the Brahmaputra, connecting Dhubri in Assamto Phulbari in Meghalaya, by 2026-27. It will be a 19.3 km, four-lane bridge that will cut road travel by 203 km. The new bridge will complete the missing link of NH127B from Assam to Meghalaya. The bridge will also improve connectivity from West Bengal to Assam. For the project, the National Highways and Industrial Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL), recently reached out to global players in France.
- Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu distributed _____ rupees as land compensation to Arunachal Pradesh villagers, 56 years after India-China war?
1) Rs 200 crore
2) Rs 37.73 crore
3) Rs 57.23 crore
4) Rs 102.56 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 37.73 crore
On October 19, 2018, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu distributed the cheques to the villagers of West Kameng district in Arunachal Pradesh. He distributed nearly Rs 37.73 crore as compensation to the villagers of the state, more than 56 years after India’s war with China. It was for the land acquired by the Army to set up its bases, bunkers and barracks. Earlier, In April 2017, Rs 54 crore was distributed among 152 families of three villages of West Kameng district. In September that year, another installment of Rs 158 crore was distributed among the villagers for the private land taken over by the Army.
- Which state government made the man-animal conflict a ‘State Declared Disaster’, on 17th October 2018?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Uttar Pradesh
On October 17, 2018, in a first-of-its-kind move, the Uttar Pradesh government made the man-animal conflict a ‘State Declared Disaster’. These incidents would be under the ambit of State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF). According to the provisions of the order, a compensatory amount of Rs.5 lakh would be given to family of deceased if the victim of the animal attack dies. The disbursement of compensation for injury would be in accordance to SDRF guidelines. It also states that the amount of Rs 1 lakh per death would be arranged by the state forest department from its own budget to the Revenue Department.
- Where was 12th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit held on October 18-19, 2018?
1) London, England
2) Brussels, Belgium
3) New Delhi, India
4) Beijing, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Brussels, Belgium
On October 18-19, 2018, the 2-day long 12th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit was held in Brussels, Belgium. Indian delegation was led by Vice President of India, Shri Venkaiah Naidu. The theme of this years’ ASEM Summit is “Global Partners for Global Challenges”. It was hosted by the European Union was chaired by the President of the European Council Donald TUSK. As many as 51 Heads of States/ Heads of Government participated in the event. The 12th ASEM Agenda for 2018 prioritized issues like: Connectivity, trade and investment, sustainable development, climate change terrorism, migration, maritime security and cyberspace.
- India, Japan and which other country will participate in the bilateral ‘Cope India’ air exercise to a trilateral format on December 2018?
2) South Korea
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United States
On October 21, 2018, India, Japan and the U.S. announced participation in the bilateral ‘Cope India’ air exercise to a trilateral format on December 2018. The final planning conference will held in Kalaikunda, West Bengal. This will be the first time Japan would be invited to participate in the exercise. Japan would send observers and for the next round that would be hosted by Indian Air Force. This trilateral exercise was proposed by the U.S. at the annual defence minister meeting in August 2018.
- What is the rank of India in the 10 most valuable nation brands in the world for the year 2018, according to Brand Finance’s annual Nation Brands 2018 report?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 9
On Oct.19 2018 According to Brand Finance’s annual Nation Brands 2018 report,India lost one spot and ranked 9th in the 10 most valuable nation brands in the world for the year 2018.India was ranked 8th in the last year 2017. Eventhough India’s brand value has increased to $2,159 billion in 2018 from the value of $2,046 billion in 2017,it slipped one spot. U.S has topped the list with a brand value of $25,899 billion which rose by 23% from last year.China ranked 2nd with a brand value of $12,779 billion and Germany was ranked 3rd with $5,147 billion which increased by 28% from the last year.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has become the first bank to introduce wealth business services for its customers in the name of _____?
1) Health & Wealth
2) SBI Health
3) Health for All
4) SBI Wealth Hub
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) SBI Wealth Hub
On October 20,2018 State Bank of India has launched “SBI Wealth Hub”.SBI is the first bank to introduce wealth business services for its customers. The wealth hub was launched by SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar. The bank has also launched Wealth Business services for NRIs and is in the process of setting of a state-of-the-art global e-Wealth centre at Kochi.
- Which is the only Indian firm to be featured among the top 25 companies in the Forbes’ global 2000 best employers list?
3) Larsen & Toubro
4) Reliance Industries Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Larsen & Toubro
Larsen & Toubro is the only Indian firm to be featured among the top 25 companies in the Forbes’ global 2000 best employers list. L&T has secured 22nd rank in the list. Google’s parent company Alphabet tops the list. Second position is occupied by Microsoft. There are only 24 Indian companies in the overall list and only 4 Indian companies in the top 100 list. This list is based on Forbes’ 2018 global 2000 rankings. It includes publicly traded companies from 60 countries.
- Who was elected as treasurer by World Steel Association at the world steel General Assembly in Toyko, Japan?
1) Mukesh Ambani
2) Sajjan Jindal
3) Ratan Tata
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sajjan Jindaln
Indian JSW Steel CMD Sajjan Jindal was elected as treasurer by World Steel Association at the worldsteel General Assembly in Toyko, Japan. Tata Steel MD T V Narendran and ArcelorMittal Chief L N Mittal also appointed as members of the association.Andre Johannpeter, Executive VC of Gerdau S A elected as Chairman of the body.
- Who was appointed as head of Facebook’s global affairs and communications team, on October 21, 2018?
1) Morgan Fairchild
2) Nick Clegg
3) Jeremy Reed
4) Orson Hodge
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nick Clegg
On October 21, 2018, Facebook has hired former British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg to lead its global affairs and communications team. The appointment makes Clegg the most senior European politician ever in a leadership role in Silicon Valley. Clegg, 51, would succeed Elliot Schrage.
- Who won Japanese MotoGP world championship, on October 21 2018?
1) Carl Crutchclow
2) Marc Marquez
3) Ramsus Gordon
4) William Hensworth
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Marc Marquez
On October 21 2018 Spain’s Marc Marquez won MotoGP world champion for the fifth time in six years in the Japanese MotoGP. Honda factory rider becomes the youngest rider to win five premier class titles. Marquez’s Repsol Honda teammate Cal Crutchlow of Britain finished second.
- Who is the author of the book “Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections” launched on October 21, 2018?
1) Ranjan Gowda
2) Vijayan Bala
3) Ramki Saran
4) Aman Mittal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vijayan Bala
On October 21, 2018, Veteran commentator and cricket statistician Vijayan Bala launched his new book “Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections”. It is a compilation of interviews of eminent sportspersons he has conducted since 1971. He has interviewed Olympians like Balbir Singh Senior, Abhinav Bindra, Sushil Kumar, Sakshi Malik, Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and others. Among the cricketers, he has interviewed MAK Pataudi, GR Viswanath, Eknath Solkar while Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand etc. He has been a member of BCCI’s Statistical Committee apart from being an English teacher.
- Name the author of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s biography named ‘Yoddha Yogi: Yogi Adityanath Ki Jeevan Yatra’?
1) Aditya Rana
2) Pravin Kumar
3) Sreesha Kumar
4) Rajath Seth
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pravin Kumar
Biography of Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is now available in Hindi. ‘Yoddha Yogi: Yogi Adityanath Ki Jeevan Yatra’, was released at a function organized at historic Central Hall of UP Vidhan Bhawan by Governor of Uttar Pradesh Ram Naik and Speaker H N Dikshit. The book is written by Pravin Kumar, Deputy Resident Editor, Times of India, Lucknow.
- Name the author of the book “Ants Among Elephants: An Untouchable Family and the Making of Modern India” named for 2018 Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize?
1) Areem Sen
2) Sujatha Gidla
3) Kiran Wadhwa
4) Leela Kumari
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sujatha Gidla
US-based Dalit writer Sujatha Gidla’s debut book “Ants Among Elephants: An Untouchable Family and the Making of Modern India” has been named the winner of 2018 Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize.
- When was World Trauma Day observed?
1) October 17
2) October 18
3) October 19
4) October 21
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) October 17
On 17th October 2018, World Trauma Day was observed all over the world. This day creates awareness on the increasing rate of accidents and injuries causing death and disability throughout the world and the need to prevent them. Trauma means any injury caused to the body. The injury may be caused due to various reasons like road accidents, fires, burns, falls, violence and crimes against women, children and elderly, etc. Road Traffic Accident is the leading cause of trauma throughout the world.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Simplipal National Park located?Odisha
- Who is the governor of Arunachal Pradesh?B.D. Mishra
- Name the Central Provident Fund Commissioner or CEO of EPFO?Sunil Barthwal
- Where is Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO Heritage Site, located?Uttar Pradesh
- Name the capital and currency of Portugal?Capital – Lisbon; Currency: Euro