AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 18 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Which body released model guidelines for Public – Private partnership (PPP) in Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), on 17th October 2018?
1) NITI Aayog
2) Indian Medical Association (IMA)
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Ayush
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) NITI Aayog
On 17th October 2018, NITI Aayog released model guidelines for Public – Private partnership (PPP) in Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). According to the guidelines, the private partner will invest in upgrading, building and deploying human resources and hold the responsibility for operational management and service delivery. State governments will offer necessary physical space. Tariff structure for services offered under NCD care facility could be linked to the existing state and Central Government Health Insurance scheme. If a government health insurance scheme is introduced in a state after adoption of CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme) tariff, tariff rates should be revised to the newly introduced scheme.
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) signed a MoU with which institution to establish Roshni – Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action?
1) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2) Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
3) Indian Institute of Sciences, Bengaluru
4) All India Institute of Medical Sciences
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
On 16th October 2018, Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) and Lady Irwin College, in New Delhi, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Roshni – Centre of Women Collectives led Social Action. Roshni is technically and financially supported by UNICEF India. It serves as a technical support unit at national level for DAY-NRLM. It is embedded in the Department of Development Communication and Extension, Lady Irwin College, New Delhi. Roshni aims to work with women collectives for social action on Food, Health, Nutrition and WASH (FHNW) interventions in line with DAY-NRLM Dashasutra (10 principles) strategy. It will support the implementation of convergent action plan under POSHAN Abhiyaan. Roshni will learn from Swabhimaan initiative and similar models. Swabhimaan was launched in 2016 to focus on women’s nutrition.
- How many MoUs were signed between India and Tanzania on 16th October 2018 following India-Tanzania 9th Session of Joint Commission on Economic, Technical and Scientific Cooperation in New Delhi?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2
On 16th October 2018, India and Tanzania signed 2 Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) in New Delhi. The MoUs were signed following India-Tanzania 9th Session of Joint Commission on Economic, Technical and Scientific Cooperation in New Delhi. They were signed in the presence of Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Tanzanian Foreign Minister Dr. Augustine Mahiga. The MoUs are signed between: Foreign Service Institute of India and Centre for Foreign Relation, Tanzania and National Research Development Corporation and Tanzania Industrial Research and Development Corporation.
- Name the campaign launched by Government of India to create awareness about Safe Food, on the Occasion of the World Food Day, on 16th October 2018?
1) Swastha Bharat Yatra
2) Swacch Bharat Yatra
3) Safe Food Better Life
4) Food Safety Campaign
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Swastha Bharat Yatra
On 16th October,On the Occasion of the World Food Day, Government of India Launched a Campaign named “Swastha Bharat Yatra” to create awareness about Safe Food. The Government gives an annual subsidy of about Rs.2 Lakh crore with public Distribution System and through other welfare Schemes in order to make available of foods to all the people. The Campaign is Launched by Central Governmnet association with the State Government and it is led by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The ‘Swasth Bharat Yatra’ is launched simultaneously at Leh(in Jammu &
Kashmir),Panaji(Goa),Thiruvananthapuram(Kerala),Puducherry,Ranji(Jharkhand) and Agartala(Tripura). Around 7500 Cyclists are to be participated in over 18000 Km relay cycle across the states and UT for 100 days from October 16 to January 27.
- Where was the Preparatory Meeting for the First National Summit on Invest in Ayush held on 16th October 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
On 16th October,Preparatory Meeting for the First National Summit on Invest in Ayush is held in New Delhi,which is Presided by the Union Minister of State(Independent Charge) of Ayush Shripad Yesso Naik. This Summit is to encourage all the Departments of the Government and Private Companies to invest in AYUSH. Many Initiatives are taken by Ministry to increase the market size of AYUSH for this they had a close relationship with FICCI,CII,PHD Chambers and ASSOCHAM etc. To strengthen the existing AYUSH Industry sector including manufacturers of AYUSH drugs, cosmetics, food supplements, hospital industry, etc. Under the Champion Sector Scheme the Ministry has taken a challenge to create one lakh job opportunities in AYUSH Sector.
- More than ____ % of the world’s stunted children live in India, according to a report on ‘Public Health and Nutrition – Freeing Future Generations from Malnutrition’ compiled by the NGO Sukarya?
1) 50 %
2) 40 %
3) 60 %
4) 30 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 40 %
According to a report on ‘Public Health and Nutrition – Freeing Future Generations from Malnutrition’ compiled by the NGO Sukarya, more than 40 % of the world’s stunted children live in India. The report was released by Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey on 16th October 2018. As per the report, poor nutrition causes 45 % of deaths among children below 5 years. 60 % of malnutrition in India is contributed by Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Which state government has launched the Chief Minister Solar Pump Programme for farmers to install 1 lakh pumps at an investment of Rs 3,435 crore in the next 3 years?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Maharashtra
Maharashtra government has launched the Chief Minister Solar Pump Programme for farmers. In the next three years about one lakh pumps will be installed at an investment of about Rs 3,435 crore. A small-scale solar pump programme is already being implemented by Mahadiscom, a government-controlled power distribution utility company. The decision to lunch the programme was taken at the State Cabinet meeting on 16th October 2018. In fiscal 2018-19, 25,000 pumps will be installed, another 50,000 pumps by 2019-20 and the remaining 25,000 by 2020-21.
- What is the rank of India among 140 countries, in the World Economic Forum (WEF)’s Index on Most Competitive Economy for 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 58
On 17th October,World Economic Forum(WEF) released the Index on Most Competitive Economy for 2018,in which India ranked 58th out of 140 Countries.India jumped 5 places from 2017. India Scored 62.0 in the latest Global Competitiveness Index.This is the largest gain among all G20 economies. US topped the Index,Singapore and Germany followed it. China Ranked at the 28th Position with a score of 72.6 among the BRICS Countries,Russia ranked 43rd Position with a score of 65.6,South Africa with a score of 60.8 ranked 67th Position and Brazil ranked with 72nd Position with a score 59.5. The Country is ranked on the following factor: Institutions, Infrastructure; Technological readiness; Macroeconomic context; Health; Education and skills; Product market; Labour market; Financial system; Market size; Business dynamism; and Innovation.
- Which institute ranked number one in the “QS India University Rankings 2019”, Quacquarelli Symonds’s first standalone ranking of India’s higher education institutions?
1) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
2) Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
3) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
4) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
QS Quacquarelli Symonds, the global higher education think tank, has released “QS India University Rankings 2019”, its first standalone ranking of India’s higher education institutions. The rankings include Public Universities, Private Universities and H.E. Institutions or Deemed Universities. IIT Bombay has been named India’s leading institution. Top 5 universities in QS India University Rankings 2019 are:
1 – Indian Institute Of Technology, Bombay
2 – Indian Institute Of Science Bangalore
3 – Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras
4 – Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi
5 – Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
- What is the rank of India in terms of development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), according to a survey by Finnish AI-based solutions specialists Zyfra?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 13
India is among the most advanced countries in terms of development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), according to a survey by Finnish AI-based solutions specialists Zyfra. The survey ranks the US first, followed by China, while India ranks 13th, just after Canada. The ranking is based on a study that examined the number and quality of scientific publications on the subject.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) invested ____ rupees in HDFC’s real estate investment platform HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate – 2 (H-CARE 2)?
1) Rs 660 crore
2) Rs 900 crore
3) Rs 1000 crore
4) Rs 450 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 660 crore
National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has invested of Rs 660 crore in HDFC’s real estate investment platform HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate – 2 (H-CARE 2) .It enables investors in NIIF Fund of Funds to participate in the attractive mid-income and affordable housing sectors in India. H-CARE 2 has a wider platform targeting affordable and mid-income residential projects in India and will play a significant role in progressing towards the government’s flagship programme, Housing for All by 2022.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) signed a MoU with which company to leverage Industry 4.0 for manufacturing excellence at Nokia’s factory in Oragadam, Tamil Nadu?
1) Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt Ltd
2) Vodafone Idea Private Limited
3) Bharti Airtel Private Limited
4) Aircel India Private Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt Ltd
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt Ltd to leverage Industry 4.0 for manufacturing excellence at Nokia’s factory in Oragadam, about 60 km south-west of Chennai. BSNL and Nokia are demonstrating the ability to leverage automation across industries, showing how it can be replicated in other sectors such as automobile, oil and gas, mining, public safety and disaster management. Nokia factory will now leverage Industry 4.0 solutions such as Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), connected Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, and the Internet of Things to enhance operations and increase productivity. Industry 4.0 relies on low-latency, high-reliability networks as well as capabilities in robotics and artificial intelligence to drive new levels of automation and data exchange in manufacturing industries, resulting in improved operational efficiency and reduced costs.
- Who became the First Northern Irish writer to win the 50th Man Booker Prize for her Novel Milkman, on 16thOctober 2018?
1) Lynette Huffman
2) Anna Burns
3) Bree Delfino
4) Gabrielle Solis
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anna Burns
On 16th October,Anna Burns becomes the First Northern Irish writer to win the 50th Man Booker Prize for her Novel Milkman. Anna Burns,Milkman is her third full length Novel.Other 2 novels are ‘No Bones’ and ‘Little Constructions’. Milkman is an exploration of Northern Ireland’s three decades of sectarian violence told through the voice of a young woman.It is Published by Faber & Faber. Anna was Presented with the a trophy and a cheque worth 50,000 Euro.
- Name the author who will be conferred the 2018 Hridaynath Award for Lifetime Achievement, on October 26, 2018 in Mumbai?
1) Ramdev Palikhar
2) Mohammed Zahur Khayyam Hashmi
3) Vasudev Ramji
4) Parthik Saini
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mohammed Zahur Khayyam Hashmi
On 15th October 2018, music director Mohammed Zahur Khayyam Hashmi known as ‘Khayyam’, was named for 2018 Hridaynath Award for Lifetime Achievement. The award consists of a cash prize of Rs 100,000 and a memento. It will be presented by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at a ceremony on October 26, 2018 in Mumbai. Khayyam is a music composer, lyricist and writer. He is 91 years old. He started his music career in Ludhiana in 1943. He has received Padma Bhushan, National Award, Filmfare Award, etc. In 2016, along with his wife Jagjit Kaur he started the ‘Khayyam-Jagjit Kaur KPG Charitable Trust’.
- Name the Indian folk-artist who received the 2018 Fukuoka Arts and Culture Prize in Japan?
1) Teejan Bai
2) Madhubani Sai
3) Rajitha Bai
4) Amritha Ra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Teejan Bai
Teejan Bai, a 61-year-old folk artist from Chhattisgarh received the Fukuoka Arts and Culture Prize, one of Japan’s greatest honours. She received the prize in Japan. It was the first time she had been formally recognised abroad. She had received the Padma Bhushan award in 2003.
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company by which company, on 15th October 2018?
1) Safecrop Holdings
2) Bajaj Alliance
3) Maxlife Insurance
4) General Insurance Corporation
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Safecrop Holdings
On 15th October 2018, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of Star Health and Allied Insurance Company by Safecrop Holdings. Safecrop Holdings is a consortium of WestBridge AIF, investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and Madison Capital. In August 2018, Safecrop Holdings signed definitive agreements with the shareholders of Star Health to purchase the shares. Star Health is based in Chennai. It was founded in 2006. It offers health insurance, overseas mediclaim and personal accident policies.
- Which football club won the Puttaiah Memorial Cup 2018 at the Bangalore Football Stadium, in Bengaluru, on 14th October 2018?
1) Bengaluru FC
2) Chennai Tigers
3) Royal Rajasthan
4) Kerala FC
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bengaluru FC
On 14th October 2018, Bengaluru FC won the Puttaiah Memorial Cup 2018 at the Bangalore Football Stadium, in Bengaluru. Bengaluru FC defeated Madras Engineering Group (MEG) 2-1 in the final. This is their second Puttaiah Memorial Cup. Bengaluru FC’s Parag Shrivas won the best defender of the tournament award.
- Who won the International Olympic Committee’s Sport and Active Society Commission’s Grant Award for his contribution to sports for development in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
1) Sunil Chhetri
2) Suheil F. Tandon
3) Samir Khan
4) Farhan Quereshi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Suheil F. Tandon
Suheil F. Tandon has won the International Olympic Committee’s Sport and Active Society Commission’s Grant Award for his contribution to sports for development. Suheil F. Tandon is a social Entrepreneur. He is the Founder of Pro Sport Development (PSD) and Executive Director of Martha Farrell Foundation. International Olympic Committee (IOC) redistributes more than 90 % of its income to the wider sporting movement, to help athletes and sports organisations throughout the world. These grants are worth USD 25,000 each. They are awarded to grassroots organisations conducting effective sport for all programmes in various parts of the world.
- Name the author of the book “Maharana Pratap: The Invincible Warrior”?
1) Mallika Khanna
2) Rima Hooja
3) Roopa Sen
4) Vinay Sakhiya
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rima Hooja
A new book on Maharana Pratap named “Maharana Pratap: The Invincible Warrior” authored by historian Rima Hooja has been released. The book narrates the life of Maharana Pratap, the great Rajput warrior and also talks about the famous battle of Haldighati.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)?Preeti Sudan
- What is the capital and currency of Tanzania?Capital – Dodoma; Currency – Tanzanian shilling
- Where is the headquarters of World Economic Forum (WEF)?Cologny, Switzerland
- Name the President and headquarters of International Olympic Committee (IOC)?President – Thomas Bach; Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
- When was ‘Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’ (Saubhagya) Scheme launched?September 2017