Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The 2nd Meeting of Heads of Export Credit Agencies of BRICS (BRICS ECAs) was held at which place?
Answer – D.New Delhi
The 2nd Meeting of Heads of Export Credit Agencies of BRICS (BRICS ECAs) was held at New Delhi as part of a series of events being organised under the chairmanship of India of BRICS Forum. The meeting was part of series of events being organised under the Chairmanship of India of BRICS Forum. It was organized parallel with meetings of BRICS Trade Ministers.
- Which minister has inaugurated ‘Women of India Festival 2016’ of organic products by women at Dilli Haat at INA, New Delhi?
A.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
C.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – A.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
The Minister of Women & Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated ‘Women of India Festival 2016’ of organic products by women at Dilli Haat at INA, New Delhi. It promotes women entrepreneurs from across India. Participants from the remotest areas of the country will travel to Delhi for the entire duration of the festival and sell their unique products in the capital.
- Which state government has released Rs.99.62 crore to its Urban Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited for the year 2016-17 under AMRUT scheme?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme, Andhra Pradesh has released Rs.99.62 crore to AP-Urban Finance and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (AP-UFIDC) for the year 2016-17. The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015 with the focus of the urban renewal projects is to establish infrastructure that could ensure adequate robust sewerage networks and water supply for urban transformation.
- Which report has been released by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to prevent, detect and treat the disease if they are to meet global targets?
A.Global AIDS Report 2016
B.Global Anaemia Report 2016
C.Global Tuberculosis Report 2016
D.Global Cancer Report 2016
Answer – C.Global Tuberculosis Report 2016
The new Global Tuberculosis Report 2016 released by the World Health Organisation. New data published by WHO in its 2016 “Global Tuberculosis Report” show that countries need to move much faster to prevent, detect, and treat the disease if they are to meet global targets. World Health Organisation updated the estimate of incidence – that is, the number of new tuberculosis cases in a year – from 1.7 million cases to 2.8 million in 2015.
- Which country has suspended cooperation with the UNESCO, a day after the U.N. cultural agency adopted a draft resolution on the Temple Mount and Western Wall?
Answer – B.Israel
Israel suspended cooperation with the UNESCO, a day after the U.N. cultural agency adopted a draft resolution on the Temple Mount and Western Wall. As per the document posted on UNESCO’s website, the holy sites will be referred to by their Arabic name, Haram esh-Sharif, while the Hebrew terms will only appear in quotation marks in UN references.
- How many entities has banned in a case related to tax evasion and illegal gains through misuse of stock exchange mechanism by SEBI?
Answer – C.21
Securities and Exchange Board of India, SEBI has banned 21 entities in a case related to tax evasion and illegal gains through misuse of stock exchange mechanism. Sebi in an interim order dated June 1 had barred Dhyana Finstock and 75 other entities, including the above 21, from the market for using the securities system to artificially bump up volume and price of the scrip to provide illegitimate gains to preferential allottees.
- Which date is celebrated as World Standards Day every year internationally by the members of the IEC, ISO and ITU?
Answer – D.October 14
‘World Standards Day’/”International standards day” is celebrated internationally each year on 14 October by the members of the IEC, ISO and ITU celebrate World Standards Day. The theme for World Standards Day 2016 is “Standards Build Trust”.
- Which Pakistan women’s football team striker passed away in Karachi car accident?
Answer – C.Shahlyla Baloch
Pakistan women’s football team striker Shahlyla Baloch passes away in Karachi car accident. The 20 years old Baloch was the first female Pakistani ever to score a hat-trick at senior level. She had featured for her country at the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women Football.
- Which Former Formula One driver Mark Webber would retire from professional racing at the end of the world endurance season in Bahrain in November?
Answer – A.Mark Webber
Former Formula One driver Mark Webber would retire from professional racing at the end of the world endurance season in Bahrain in November. The Winner of nine Formula One grand prix with Red Bull Webber has been racing in the World Endurance Championship with Porsche.
- Which Senior IAS officer has been appointed as the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)?
A.Sudeep Singh Dhillon
B.Ajay Kumar Bhalla
D.Rajan Kumar Gupta
Answer – B.Ajay Kumar Bhalla
Senior IAS officer Ajay Kumar Bhalla has been appointed as the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). Bhalla is currently working as the additional secretary in the commerce ministry. Anup Wadhawan was appointed as additional secretary in the commerce ministry. Inder Jit Singh has been appointed as additional secretary in the commerce ministry.
- Valvoline Cummins India has roped which cricketer as its brand ambassador of it’s engine oils and lubricants range?
Answer – D.Virat Kohli
Valvoline Cummins India has roped cricketer Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador of it’s engine oils and lubricants range. He is an Indian international cricketer and who current captain of the Indian team in Test cricket and vice-captain of Team. Previous month Kohli appointed as the brand ambassador of Punjab National Bank.
- Which Indian hockey team captain has bagged the 28th Jimmy George foundation award instituted for the best sports person in the state?
C.Rupindar Pal Singh
Answer – A.PR. Sreejesh
Indian hockey team captain, PR. Sreejesh has bagged the 28th Jimmy George foundation award instituted for the best sports person in the state. The award carries a purse of Rs.25,000 and a citation that would be presented to Sreejesh in December 3,at Peravoor.
- Which Bollywood star has joined media mogul Oprah Winfrey and pop star Jennifer Lopez in Variety magazine’s ‘Power of Women Impact’ List?
Answer – B.Priyanka Chopra
Actress Priyanka Chopra added another feature to her cap. The Quantico star has joined media mogul Oprah Winfrey and pop star Jennifer Lopez in Variety magazine’s ‘Power of Women Impact’ List. The magazine detailed Priyanka’s recent projects like The Jungle Book, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Bajirao. Mastani and Quantico Season 2.
- Who has been honoured with the prestigious ‘V Krishnamurthy Award for Excellence’ to which eminent scientist?
A.RA Anup Singh
Answer – D.RA Mashelkar
The prestigious ‘V Krishnamurthy Award for Excellence’was presented to eminent scientist and former Director-General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, RA Mashelkar. Former Governor of Tamil Nadu K Rosaiah presented the award to Mashelkar at the Centre for Organisation Development (COD) in the presence of Habil F Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman, Wockhardt Group and Chairman of the Board of Governors, COD among other dignitaries.
- Union Government has approved the mechanism for revision of which product price for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies?
B.Iso Butyl Alcohol
Answer – D.Ethanol
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the mechanism for revision of ethanol price for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs). The revised administered price will facilitate OMCs to carry out the Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) Programme for the next sugar season 2016-17.
- Indian has received the first parcel of which oil to partly fill its strategic storage in Southern India, Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemical Ltd?
Answer – B.Iran
India has received the first parcel of Iranian oil to partly fill its strategic storage in southern India, Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd, which imported the very large crude carrier (VLCC).MRPL shipped in 2 million barrels of Iranian oil in the very large crude carrier Dino.
- Who has received the International Automation Award in excellence of technical innovation by the International Society of Automation?
Answer – A.Satish Pathak
Satish Pathak from Pune has been awarded the the Excellence in Technical Innovation by the International Society of Automation for Digital Controlled Valve for Precise Liquid Dispensing by Gravity flow, has the capacity of saving for the industry and is a step change technology in industrial valves.