Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as International Day of the Girl Child every year by Canada in the United Nations General Assembly?
Answer – D.October 11
International Day of the Girl Child is an international day observed on October 11 every year.Day of the Girl is first observed on October 11, 2012. It was formally proposed as a resolution by Canada in the United Nations General Assembly. The 2016 theme is “Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: A Global Girl Data Movement”.
- Which Boxing Hall of Famer died in Los Angeles at an age of 60 who is popularly known as ‘The Hawk’?
Answer – B.Aaron Pryor
Boxing Hall of Famer Aaron Pryor died in Los Angels. He was 60. Pryor was known as ‘The Hawk‘. He built a 39-1 record with 35 knockouts during a career. His biggest moments in the ring were his two junior welterweight victories over Arguello. His first bout against Arguello is still considered one of the greatest fights in boxing history.
- Who is an Indian socialite and philanthropist, and the wife of Adi Godrej, chairman of the Godrej Group died at an age of 72?
Answer – A.Parmeshwar Godrej
Parmeshwar Godrej, philantropist and wife of Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej passed away in Mumbai on October 11 2016. She was 72. She was known as the dynamic face of the Godrej clan and had an impact on all fronts: family office and social.
- Which Tennis player defeated Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov clinched the men’s title of the China Open 2016?
Answer – C.Andy Murray
World number two Andy Murray from UK defeated Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov defeated Dimitrov 6-4 7-6 (7-2) to clinh the men’s title of the China Open on September 10 2016. This was Murray’s fifth title of his year and the 40th of his career. Women’s Singles won by Agnieszka Radwańska, along with the runner Johanna Konta.
- Which shooter has bagged the Silver Medal at ISFF World Cup 2016 Final held at Bologna, Italy?
Answer – A.Jitu Rai
2016 ISSF World cup held at the TSN Shooting Range in Bologna, Italy. The Champions Trophy sponsored by SIUS. Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai shrugged off the disappointment of a poor Olympic campaign by clinching a silver medal in the 50m pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final. He finished sixth in the men’s 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final.
- What is the position of India among countries with the highest increase in their contribution to high-quality scientific research?
Answer – B.second
India is at the second position among countries with the highest increase in their contribution to high-quality scientific research, according to a new report which shows that the growth of research in the country is only behind China’s. The institutions from India among the top 100 highest performers across the globe include Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Indian Institute of Science (IIS) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- What is the name of Morocco’s Islamic Justice and Development Party leader who has been appointed for another term as the country’s prime minister?
Answer – C.Abdelilah Benkirane
Abdelilah Benkirane, leader of Morocco’s Islamic Justice and Development Party, has been appointed for another term as the country’s prime minister. Mohammed VI, the king of Morocco, made this announcement after Benkirane’s party, the PJD, emerged with the most number of seats in the 395-seat lower house of parliament.
- Which veteran actor was honoured at the UK Theatre Awards that took place in London for his individual contributions to British theatre?
Answer – D.Ian McKellen
Veteran actor Ian McKellen was honoured at the UK Theatre Awards that took place on October 9 in London for his individual contributions to British theatre. The 77-year-old actor, best known for his roles in the “X-Men” and “Lord Of The Rings” film franchises, was recognised for “championing diversity and contribution to the British theatre” at the ceremony held at London’s Guildhall.
- Which person along with Bengt Holmstrom were awarded the 2016 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science?
Answer – B.Oliver Hart
Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom were awarded the 2016 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science for their work on improving the design of contracts, the deals that bind together employers and their workers, or companies and their customers. Oliver Simon D’Arcy Hart is a British-born American economist and the Andrew E. Furer Professor of Economics at Harvard University.
- How much amount would invest by the Union Government to increase the capacity of Panipat refinery from 15 million tonnes (MT) to 25 MT?
Answer – C.Rs.15,000 crore
The Centre would invest Rs.15,000 crore to increase the capacity of Panipatrefinery from 15 million tonnes (MT) to 25 MT to create jobs was the announcement made by Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas. Indian Oil Corporation would set up an ethanol plant in Panipat for Rs.500 crore to generate alternative fuel from agricultural residue.
- How many draft regulations which was notified by the Union Government under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code prepared by a working group of experts?
Answer – A.6
The Government came out with another set of draft rules, including for liquidation of insolvent corporate persons, under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. The centre had notified six draft regulations under the code prepared by a working group of experts. As part of the process for implementing the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, the ministry had set up a working group of practitioners and experts.
- What is the new which has included by the Oxford English Dictionary which expresses emotions like irritation, disappointment etc.,?
Answer – D.Aiyoh
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) has now included “Aiyoh” and “Aiyah” in its latest addition this September. The OED does four updates every year. Like many Indian words, this one is loaded and can mean many things depending on context and tone — irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment, with “aiyah” and “aiyoh” being interchangeable.
- Which country leaders along with Turkish leaders had agreed to intensify military and intelligence contacts after a meeting in Istanbul?
Answer – C.Russian
The Russian and Turkish leaders had agreed to intensify military and intelligence contacts after a meeting in Istanbul. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Russian President Vladimir Putin assented on the need for aid to get to the northern Syrian city of Aleppo. The two countries also had signed a deal to construct two Turk Stream gas pipelines to send Russian gas under the Black Sea to Turkey.
- Which minister embarked a 7-day official visit to Canada and the US to attend the annual meetings of World Bank and IMF and hold talks with global investors?
C.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – D.Arun Jaitley
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley embarks a 7-day official (October 3 to October 10) visit to Canada and the US to attend the annual meetings of World Bank and IMF and hold talks with global investors. In Canada, he met top official and review progress made in the proposed Comprehensive Economic partnership agreement (CEPA) and Foreign Investment and Protection Agreement (FIPA).
- Which Chief Minister launched the portal of Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme under which smartphones will be distributed to people in the state ahead of Assembly election?
Answer – B.Akhilesh Yadav
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav launched the portal of Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme under which smartphones will be distributed to people in the state ahead of Assembly election. Uttar Pradesh resident who are all aged above 18, Class X passout, and earning less than Rs 6 lakh per year are eligible for this scheme. The applications for the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana will be invited online from 10th October to 10th November 2016.
- Which state of India added 21 new districts carried out by the biggest administrative reform?
A.Jammu and Kashmir
Answer – D.Telengana
Telangana, carved out of Andhra Pradesh, came into existence on June 2, 2014 as the 29th state of India with 10 districts.The state government carried out the biggest administrative reform, creating 21 new districts. The total number of districts in the state went up to 31 from 10.
- What is the name of the scheme a new study brought in first conclusive evidence of the role in reducing “socioeconomic disparities” existing in maternal care?
A.Janani Suraksha Yojana
B.Janani Samarithi Yojana
C.Beti Badhao Beti Bachao
D.Indira Awas Yojana
Answer – A.Janani Suraksha Yojana
A new study brought in first conclusive evidence of the role played by Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) in reducing ‘socioeconomic disparities’ existing in maternal care. The JSY was launched in 2005 as part of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) to improve maternal and neonatal health by promotion of institutional deliveries (childbirth in hospitals).