AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz October 1 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India has opened two immigration check posts along the borders with ___________.
1. Nepal and Bhutan
2. Bangladesh and Myanmar
3. Bhutan and Bangladesh
4. China and Nepal
5. Pakistan and Bangladesh
Answer – 2. Bangladesh and Myanmar
In a bid to strengthen bilateral relations with its eastern neighbours, India has opened two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- Where did the Government approve development of Harohalli industrial park to build?
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. Uttar Pradesh
Answer – – 4. Karnataka
Central Government has given approval for the combined development of phase II and phase III of Harohalli industrial zone in Ramnagara district of Karnataka.This industrial park will be built by Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (KIADB) in about 904.86 hectares of land.
- Where was a high-level meeting on Railways Safety held?
Answer – 1. Mumbai
On September 30, 2017, a high-level meeting on Railways Safety was held at Western Railways (WR) headquarter’s at Churchgate in Mumbai, under the chairmanship of Railway Minister Mr. Piyush Goyal. The objective of this meeting was to comprehensively review Safety measures in Mumbai Suburban Railways as well as entire Indian Railways. Mr. Ashwani Lohani – Chairman of Railway Board along with all railway board members was present in this meeting.
- Name of the chief minister launched ‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme and “Shataayu Award”in his state.
1. Shri Raghuvar Das of Jharkhand
2. Dr. Raman Singh of Chhatisgarh
3. Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan of Madhya Pradesh
4. Trivendra Singh Rawat of Uttarkhand
5. Smt. Vasundhara Raje of Rajasthan
Answer – 3. Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan of Madhya Pradesh
On October 1, 2017, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched ‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme. Under this scheme, the money will go directly into the account of the beneficiaries. Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme will benefit 35 lakh people in Madhya Pradesh.
On October 1, 2017, Mr. Chouhan also honoured the elderly who completed the age of 100 years with the “Shataayu” award.
- Which entity has bagged $ 100-mn Government contract for an initiative to use social media analytics to identify tax non-compliance?
1. Infosys Technologies Limited
2. Tech Mahindra
3. Tata Consultancy Service
4. L&T Infotech
5. HCL Technologies Limited
Answer – 4. L&T Infotech
L&T Infotech, the infotech arm of engineering giant Larsen & Toubro has bagged $ 100-mn Government contract for an initiative to use social media analytics to identify tax non-compliance. L&T Infotech Chief Executive and Managing Director Sanjay Jalona has mentioned that the project involves creating a ‘semantic web’ where web pages are structured and tagged in such a way that can be directly read by the computers. It is to be noted that India is among countries with lowest tax to Gross Domestic product (GDP) ratios among its peers.
- Who has inaugurated the 3rd annual ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ is held at Dilli Haat, in New Delhi?
1. Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
2. Ms.Smriti Zubin Irani
3. Ms.Harsimrat Kaur Badal
4. Ms.Uma Bharati
5. Ms.Nirmala SitharamanAnswer – 1. Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
On 1st – 5th October 2017, the 3rd annual ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ is held at Dilli Haat, in New Delhi.The ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ is hosted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.Ms.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister for Women and Child Development, inaugurated the festival.Mr.Virendra Kumar, Minister of State, Ministry of Women and Child Development was present on the occasion. The theme for 2017 is ‘Good for Women; Good for India; Good for You’.
- In which state ‘No helmet, no petrol’ rule for two wheelers came into act?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Uttar Pradesh
5. West Bengal
Answer – 1. Andhra Pradesh
No helmet, no petrol’ rule for two wheelers came to act in Andhra Pradesh. This rule prohibits petrol supply to two wheeler riders without helmet. Mr.Chandrababu Naidu has sanctioned Rs.10 crore for implementation of this rule. Car drivers have been mandated to wear seat belts.
- Which country has banned face veils such as burqa or niqab from October 1, 2017?
Answer – – 4. Austria
Austria’s law banning face veils such as burqa or niqab, came into force from October 1, 2017. This legislation was brought in by the outgoing centrist government of Chancellor Christian Kern. The Austrian law called “Prohibition for the Covering of the Face” forbids the wearing of the full Islamic veil and other items concealing the face in public places and buildings.
- Who has headed the committee to propose new laws or amendments to deal with hate speech on the internet?
1. G.Krishna Kumar
2. Sivakama Sundran
5. T.K Vishwanathan
Answer – 5. T.K Vishwanathan
The committee headed by Mr.T.K.Viswanathan, submitted a report to the Home Ministry, regarding new laws or amendments to deal with hate speech on the internet, in New Delhi.
- Name the country has voted to allow women to issue fatwas.
4. Saudi Arabia
Answer – 4. Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has voted to allow women to issue fatwas, following a vote in Saudi’s advisory council. The move was approved by 107 votes, ending 45 years of only men being allowed to issue the legal pronouncements in the kingdom. The ruling comes just days after Saudi Arabia lifted a ban on women’s driving.
- Who has been appointed as new Governor of Tamil Nadu?
1. C. Vidyasagar Rao
2. Jagdish Mukhi
3. Keshari Nath Tripathi
4. Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya
5. Banwarilal Purohit
Answer – 5. Banwarilal Purohit
Banwarilal Purohit was serving as a Governor of Assam.Now he is appointed as the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Name the country has started to collect ‘sin’ taxes on tobacco,soft and energy drinks.
3. United Arab Emirates
4. Saudi Arabia
Answer – 3. United Arab Emirates
From October 1, 2017, United Arab Emirates (UAE) has begun collecting new “sin” taxes on tobacco products, energy drinks and soft drinks. Tobacco and energy drinks will be taxed at 100% and soft drinks at 50%.A sin taxis an excise tax specifically levied on certain goods deemed harmful to society, for example alcohol and tobacco, candies, drugs, soft drinks, fast foods, coffee and sugar.
- U.S. Federal Reserve fined HSBC _________ for “unsafe and unsound practices” in its foreign exchange trading business.
1. $135 million
2. $145 million
3. $155 million
4. $165 million
5. $175 million
Answer – Answer -5. $175 million
On September 29, 2017, The U.S. Federal Reserve fined HSBC Holdings PLC $175 million for “unsafe and unsound practices” in its foreign exchange trading business.
- BJP’s national spokesperson Mr. Sambit Patra was appointed as the Non-Official Director on the board of which firm?
1. Indian Oil Corporation
2. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
3. Hindustan Petroleum
4. NTPC limited
Answer – 2. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
On 29th September 2017, BJP’s national spokesperson Mr.Sambit Patra was appointed as the Non-Official Director on the board of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr.Sambit Patra to the post of Non-Official Director of ONGC for a period of 3years.
- Which country has appointed first woman to senior government post as the assistant mayor of Al Khubar governorate?
4. Saudi Arabia
Answer – 4. Saudi Arabia
On 27th September 2017, Saudi Arabia appointed a woman to a senior government post for the first time, in Riyadh. Ms.Eman Al-Ghamidi was appointed as the assistant mayor of Al Khubar governorate.
- Who has won a prestigious International Business Person of the Year at the Asian Achievers Awards in London for innovative IT solutions?
1. Birendra Sasmal
2. Sri Prakash Lohia
3. Ajay Kalsi
4. Anil Agarwal
5. Gopi Hinduja
Answer – 1. Birendra Sasmal
A Ghana-based Indian entrepreneur named Birendra Sasmal has won a prestigious International Business Person of the Year at the Asian Achievers Awards in London for turning his company into a thriving Information Technology (IT), telecoms and manufacturing success story with operations across West Africa. Birendra Sasmal is the CEO of Subah Group, which is headquartered in Accra, Ghana.
Subah Group employs around 350 people with offices in Guinea, Sierra Leone, New York City and Dubai.
- Who was awarded by a National Tourism Award in the `Best Tourist Guide’ category, in Delhi?
1. Dr. Ashok Vagul
2. Ms.Rama Khandwala
3. Ms.Aadhitya Thapar
5. Ms.Akshaya BijapurkarAnswer – 2. Ms.Rama Khandwala
On 27th September 2017, tour guide Ms.Rama Khandwala was awarded a National Tourism Award in the `Best Tourist Guide’ category, in Delhi.Ms.Rama Khandwala was awarded the `Best Tourist Guide’ award by President Mr.Ram Nath Kovind.The award was presented by the Ministry of Tourism. She has been a Mumbai tour guide for almost 50 years.Earlier, she served in Subhas Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army (INA).
- Find the name of entity which has developed the software ‘ARPAN Version 3.0’ for the Defence Security Corps.
1. Mphasis Limited
2. L&T Infotech
3. Tech Mahindra
5. Tata Consultancy Services
Answer – 3. Tech Mahindra
The Defence Ministry launched ‘ARPAN Version 3.0’ software for the Defence Security Corps. ‘ARPAN Version 3.0’ software was rolled out by Deputy Chief of Army Staff – Information Systems & Training (DCOAS -IS &T) J.S.Cheema for the Defence Security Corps.This software was developed by Tech Mahindra.
- Scientists from which of the below countries make first ever video call using ‘unhackable’ quantum network?
1. US and Japan
2. Austria and China
3. Russia and Germany
4. Canada and Switzerland
5. Poland and DenmarkAnswer – 2.Austria and China
Scientists in Austria and China made the first video call using quantum encryption. Encryption through quantum networks uses quantum particles to transfer information from one point to another. Attempts to hack on the network would create detectable disturbances in the system.
Hence, this is said to be unhackable.The video call was done using a satellite named ‘Micius’.
- Which one of the below technology is in partnership with Ireland’s Embedded Downloads, launched the World’s first Blockchain technology based smartphone ‘BitVault’?
1. Magnus Technologies
2. GISbiz Technology Pvt Ltd.,
3. Vortex Engineering Pvt Ltd.,
4. GBC Technology Pvt Ltd.,
5. VVDN Technologies
Answer – 5. VVDN Technologies
Gurugram-based VVDN Technologies, in partnership with Ireland’s Embedded Downloads, launched the first Blockchain technology based smartphone ‘BitVault’.BitVault – World’s first Blockchain technology based smartphone. BitVault does not support Google Play Store. It has its own mobile application.
This phone supports 4G VoLTE.
- Who won the Malaysian Grand Prix 2017 title in Selangor, Malaysia?
2. Sebastian Vettel
3. Valtteri Bottas
4. Lewis Hamilton
5. Daniel RicciardoAnswer – 1.Mark Verstappen
2017 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix was held at the Sepang International Circuit, Selangor, in Malaysia. Max Verstappen of the Red Bull team won the Malaysian Grand Prix 2017 title.Max Verstappen won Lewis Hamilton by 12.7 seconds.
- International day of Older Persons,World Vegetarian day and International coffee day have been observed on?
1. 1st Oct.
2. 2nd sept.
3. 3rd May.
4. 4th June.
5. 5th Aug.
Answer – 1. 1st Oct.
International day of Older Persons,World Vegetarian day and International coffee day have been observed on 1st of October every year.Theme for the International Day of Older Persons 2017 was ‘Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society’.On 14th December 1990, the United Nations General Assembly declared 1st October as the International Day of Older Persons.World Vegetarian Day initiates the month of October as Vegetarian Awareness Month which ends with November 1, World Vegan Day, as the end of that month of celebration. International Coffee Day ‘s first official date was 1 October 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization and it was launched in Milan.