AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 4 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs November 4 2018
- Where was the preparatory meeting of the “Shanghai Cooperation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search & Rescue- 2019” held on 1st and 2nd November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On November 2, 2018, the two-day long preparatory meeting of the “Shanghai Cooperation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search & Rescue- 2019” concluded in New Delhi. It was the first phase of the main exercise scheduled for 21-24 February, 2019 in Delhi which will be organized by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) on behalf of Government of India. The key note address was delivered by Shri R. K. Jain, Member, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). The meeting focused on chalking out the plan, discuss requirements, details and modalities of main exercise, which is scheduled for February, 2019.
- Which state/union territory government along with the Indian Railways launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana’ scheme to give free tourism package for senior citizens travelling to 5 religious circuits?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Delhi
On November 1, 2018, the Delhi government along with the Indian Railways launched a scheme to give free tourism package for senior citizens travelling to 5 religious circuits. The name of the scheme is: Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana. The MOU was signed by:
• The Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd., Delhi government and
• The Indian Railways and Catering Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia at the Delhi Secretariat in New Delhi.
- Where was the two-day Gyan Kumbh inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind on 3rd November 2018?
1) Haridwar, Uttarakhand
2) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Haridwar, Uttarakhand
On November 3, 2018, a two-day Gyan Kumbh was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. He also addressed the first convocation of the AIIMS at Rishikesh. Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat, Higher Education Minister Dhan Singh Rawat and Swami Ramdev were also present on the occasion.
- A 59 minute loan portal to enable easy access to credit for MSMEs and grant of loans upto ______ rupees through this portal, was launched at the launching ceremony of Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for MSME in New Delhi, on 2nd November 2018?
1) Rs. 1 crore
2) Rs. 2 crore
3) Rs. 50 lakh
4) Rs.10 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs. 1 crore
On November 2, 2018, at the launching ceremony of Government’s Support and Outreach Initiative for MSME at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi, PM Narendra Modi announced 12 key initiatives for the growth and support of the MSME sector. The 12 initiatives would help address 5 aspects of growth for the sector, including access to credit, access to market, technology upgradation, ease of doing business, and a sense of security for employees. The 12 initiatives are as follows:
• Launch of the 59 minute loan portal to enable easy access to credit for MSMEs and grant of loans upto Rs. 1 crore through this portal,
• 2 percent interest subvention for all GST registered MSMEs, on fresh or incremental loans. This would include increase in interest rebate from 3 percent to 5 percent for exporters,
• Companies with a turnover more than Rs. 500 crore, to be brought on the Trade Receivables e-Discounting System (TReDS).
• Public sector companies to compulsorily procure 25 percent, instead of 20 percent of their total purchases, from MSMEs,
• 25 percent procurement mandated from MSMEs, 3 percent must now be reserved for women entrepreneurs,
• All public sector undertakings of the Union Government must now compulsorily be a part of Government E-marketplace (GeM),
• 20 technology hubs will be formed across the country, and 100 spokes in the form of tool rooms will be established.
• 70 percent cost of establishing pharma company clusters will be borne by the Union Government,
• Return under 8 labour laws and 10 Union regulations must now be filed only once a year,
• Establishments to be visited by an Inspector will be decided through a computerised random allotment.
• Under air pollution and water pollution laws, an entrepreneur would now receive a merged environmental clearance and consent. Hewill himself review the work of MSMEs in 100 districts.
• For minor violations under the Companies Act, the entrepreneur will no longer have to approach the Courts, but can correct them through simple procedures.
- Ministry of Finance announced loan agreement worth _____ rupees with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for the Construction of Turga Pumped Storage (I) to be done in West Bengal, on 2nd November 2018?
1) Rs. 2345 crore
2) Rs. 1817 crore
3) Rs. 1245 crore
4) Rs. 3467 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs. 1817 crore
On November 2, 2018, Ministry of Finance announced loan agreement worth Rs. 1817 crore with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for the Construction of Turga Pumped Storage (I) to be done in West Bengal. The Agreement was signed between: Shri C.S. Mohapatra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Mr. Katsuo Matsumoto, Chief Representative, JICA, New Delhi on Japanese Official Development Assistance.
- Indo-French Conclave was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra, on 2nd November 2018, in which French and Indian firms signed 12 agreements worth _____ euro?
1) 200 million euro
2) 180 million euro
3) 500 billion euro
4) 130 million euro
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 200 million euro
On 2nd November 2018, Indo-French Conclave was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in which French and Indian firms signed 12 agreements worth 200 million euro. The Indo-French Conclave was organized by Indo French Chamber of Commerce & Industry (IFCCI) and the Embassy of France in India. The 12 agreements signed include:
• French multinational Thales Group signed agreements with 7 Indian firms: Godrej Precision Engineering, Bharat Forge, Amphenol Interconnect India, Larsen & Toubro, Solar Explosives, Mahindra Defence Systems and Coriolis.
• Agreement between energy firm Technique Solaire and the Maharashtra Energy Development Agency
• Agreement between aeronautical firm Turgis & Gaillard and the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).
• French ropeway firm Poma gave letters of intent for 2 projects in Nagpur and Tadoba, in Vidarbha region.
• French hospitality major Accor Hotels exchanged a letter of intent with Gurugram-headquartered Interglobe Hotels Limited.
- National Green Tribunal has ordered a four-member committee to conduct an inspection and submit report about the waste dumping issue at the Polavaram dam in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Andhra Pradesh
On November 3, 2018, the National Green Tribunal ordered a four-member committee to conduct an inspection and submit report about the waste dumping issue at the Polavaram dam in Andhra Pradesh. The decision of the committee was taken by a bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel. The committee would comprise of representatives of the Central Pollution Control Board, additional principal chief conservator of forests, theState Pollution Control Board and the district magistrate. The nodal agency for execution of this order would be Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board. The report for this would be submitted to the NGT tribunal by 2 months.
- Where was India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS) 2018 held on 30th and 31st October 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Mumbai, India
3) Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
4) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
On 30th and 31st October 2018, India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS) 2018 was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The summit aimed to promote investments from UAE to India and India to UAE. It aimed to identify the investment areas, projects, funding needs and helped to raise investments to funds vital infrastructure projects. The focus sectors for IUPS 2018 were: investments in Education and SME’s, Skill Development and Placements. Focus Indian States were: Delhi, Assam, Punjab and West Bengal. Focus UAE Emirate: Sharjah.
- Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) ‘Be the Legacy’ internship programme was announced at the end of the 18th IORA meeting in Durban, South Africa, on 2nd November 2018, to honour which leader?
1) Mahatma Gandhi
2) Nelson Mandela
3) Jawaharlal Nehru
4) Martin Luther King
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nelson Mandela
On 2nd November 2018, the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) ‘Be the Legacy’ internship programme was announced at the end of the 18th IORA meeting in Durban, South Africa. The internship programme will be launched on July 18, 2019, the 101st birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela. The programme has been established by IORA members, including India, to honour former South African president Nelson Mandela. The programme aims to empower people under the age of 30 from IORA member states with work experience in their interested fields of study. IORA was established in March 1997 through the vision of Nelson Mandela.
- Chola MS General Insurance and which bank renewed their corporate agency arrangement for a period of five years, on 3rd November 2018?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) IndusInd Bank
On November 3, 2018, Chola MS General Insurance and IndusInd Bank Ltd renewed their corporate agency arrangement for a period of five years. This is a part of a decade-long partnership has garnered around Rs 37 billion and serviced close to half a million customers during 2017-18. They will roll out more innovative digital insurance solutions, especially in claims servicing, targeting to double its premium over the next five years.
- Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) cut listing time for an IPO to _____ days from 6 days at present, on 1st November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 3
On November 1, 2018, the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) cut listing time for an IPO to 3 days from 6 at present. This will be done in a phased manner with the 1st phase starting from January 1, 2019. For the implementation, Unified Payments Interface was launched as an alternative payment option for retail investors, buying shares in a public issue. After 3 months i.e., from April 1, 2019, in the 2nd phase the physical submission mechanism of bid forms would be discontinued. For the implementation of this procedure, it introduced the use of UPI as a payment mechanism with Application Supported by Block Amount (ASBA) for applications in public issues by retail investors through intermediaries.
- Name the writer who has been selected for 2018 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award, the highest literacy prize of the Kerala government?
1) Paramesh Nair
2) M Mukundan
3) S Sadasivam
4) Raoof Rahman
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) M Mukundan
On November 3, 2018, 76-year old noted Malayalam writer M Mukundan has been selected for 2018 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award, the highest literacy prize of the Kerala government. He will be conferred for his overall contributions to the language and literature. The award carries a cash prize of Rs five lakh and citation. Mukundan is popularly known as the writer of Mayyazhi and has been a recipient of the Chevalier of Arts and Literature by the French Government in 1998. He also won many noted literary awards including the Kendra Sahitya Akademy award, Kerala Sahitya Akademy award, Vayalar award, MP Paul award, Muttathu Varkey award and NV Puraskaram.
- Name the only Indian film that has been listed in BBC’s list of 100 best foreign language films?
1) Pather Panchali
2) Village Rockstars
3) Mother India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pather Panchali
The film Pather Panchali has been listed in BBC’s list of 100 best foreign language films. It is the only film from India to feature in the list. It was directed by Satyajit Ray and released in 1955. Pather Panchali is at number 15 in the list. The list is topped by Akira Kurosawa’s film Seven Samurai. The list features 100 films from 67 different directors, from 24 countries, and in 19 languages.
- Who was appointed CEO of Swadhaar Finserve, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBL Bank, on 1st November 2018?
1) Vikas Muttoo
2) Vishwavir Ahuja
3) Kalyan Singh
4) Mahendra Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vikas Muttoo
On November 1, 2018, RBL Bank announced appointment of Vikas Muttoo as CEO of Swadhaar Finserve. Prior to this, Muttoo was the chief business officer of microlender Bharat Financial. Swadhaar Finserve Private Limited, wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBL Bank.
- Who was appointed president of England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on 2nd November 2018?
1) Ian Lovett
2) Jeremy Reed
3) Peter Bradley
4) Orson Hodge
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ian Lovett
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) appointed deputy chairman Ian Lovett as the new president of the board on 2ndNovember 2018. The position of the president was vacant since May after tenure of former president Giles Clarke had ended.
- Name the Artificial Intelligence (AI) bot that has been taught by researchers to identify galaxies in deep space?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) ClaRAN
Researchers have taught an Artificial Intelligence (AI) bot named “ClaRAN” to identify galaxies in deep space. he AI bot named “ClaRAN” used to recognise faces on Facebook. It has been trained to scan images taken by radio telescopes. It can spot radio galaxies – galaxies that emit powerful radio jets from supermassive black holes at their centres. ClaRAN is the brainchild of big data specialist Dr Chen Wu and astronomer Dr Ivy Wong from The University of Western Australia node of the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR).
- Name the third south-east Asian country that will host Formula 1 race, in April 2020?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vietnam
Vietnam will host Formula 1 race in its capital city Hanoi for the first time in April 2020. The Vietnamese government has given its support for the race. But Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), Formula 1’s governing body, has not given the approval yet. he circuit for the Formula 1 race will be unveiled soon. Funding for the race will be provided by the private sector, and not by the government. It will be the third Formula 1 race to be hosted in south-east Asia following Singapore and Malaysia.
- Which country won the 5th SAFF U-15 Championship 2018 title, held in Nepal from 25th October to 3rd November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bangladesh
From 25th October to 3rd November 2018, the 5th SAFF U-15 Championship 2018 was held at the ANFA Complex, Kathmandu, Nepal. Bangladesh beat Pakistan 3-2 on penalties in the final, and won its 2nd SAFF U-15 Championship title. Earlier, Bangladesh had won the title in 2016. Pakistan finished as the runner-up. India beat Nepal 1-0 and finish in the third position.
Static Quiz based on Current Affairs
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Secretary General of Indo French Chamber of Commerce & Industry (IFCCI)?Payal Kanwar
- Who is the Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)?Mr. Sanjay Kumar
- Where is Satpura National Park located?Madhya Pradesh
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of Ratnakar Bank Limiter (RBL Bank)?MD & CEO – Vishwavir Ahuja; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary located?Arunachal Pradesh
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification