AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the 4th Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, Peoples’ Republic of China, held on 1st November 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mumbai
On November 1, 2018, the 4th Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, Peoples’ Republic of China was held in Mumbai. The Chinese delegation was led by Mr. Li Wei, President of DRC and The Indian delegation was led by Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog. This is the second ministerial dialogue between China and India since the meeting of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Johannesburg during the BRICS summit in July 2018. The Fifth edition of the NITI – DRC Dialogue will be held in Wuhan, China in November, 2019.
- Where was the Inter-Session Meeting of Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, held on 1st November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 1st November 2018, the Inter-Session Meeting of Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare in New Delhi. Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh addressed the meeting focused on the “Climate Resilient Villages and their Replication.” Details about Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)’s flagship programme National Innovations on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) was briefed. NICRA aims to develop adaptation and mitigation practices to minimize the losses and improve resilience of Indian agriculture.
- Where was the 1st ‘Annual Senior Care Conclave – Igniting Industry for India’s Ageing Sector’ held on 2ndNovember 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On November 2, 2018, 1st ‘Annual Senior Care Conclave – Igniting Industry for India’s Ageing Sector’ held at the Indian Habitat Centre in New Delhi. It was hosted by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in collaboration with Columbia Pacific Communities as their Premium Partner. Hon’ble Minister of State for Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Ms. Anupriya Patel delivered the key note address and released the CII report- “Igniting Potential in Senior Care Services”. The conclave aimed to discuss, debate and catalyze the growth of the sector by unlocking latent and potential opportunities.
- Dharma Guardian – 2018, a 14-day joint military exercise between India and which country, started at Mizoram, on 1st November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Japan
On November 1, 2018, first-of-its-kind exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2018, a joint military exercise between Indian & Japanese Armies, commenced at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengete, Mizoram, India. It will be a 14 days long exercise continuing till November 14, 2018. The exercise aims to build and promote army to army relations in addition to exchanging skills.
- Name the chairperson of the industry expert committee formed by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) under its Emerging Technology Council, to promote Augmented and Virtual Reality(AR/VR) technology?
1) Namrita Mahindro
2) Satyajeet Singh
3) Vaibhav Kumar Yadav
4) Ajit KumarAnswer – 1) Namrita Mahindro
On October 29, 2018, the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) formed a new industry expert committee, under its Emerging Technology Council, to promote Augmented and Virtual Reality(AR/VR) technology to drive economic growth, job creation, and skill development in the country. Namrita Mahindro, Senior General Manager, – Digital Transformation, Mahindra Group will chair the committee and Satyajeet Singh, Head –Strategic Product Partnership, India & South Asia, Facebook will be the co-chair. Other members of the committee include Vaibhav Kumar Yadav, product head- JioCinema and GM, Reliance JIO, Ajit Kumar, Partner, Deloitte Digital, Mahesh Prabhu, VP-Global Head of Innovation, ITC Infotech.
- Where was the 13th Indo-Myanmar Regional Border Committee Meet, held on 31st October to 2nd November 2018?
1) Sikkim, Gangtok
2) Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
3) Imphal, Manipur
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Imphal, Manipur
On November 2, 2018, the 3-day 13th Indo-Myanmar Regional Border Committee Meet concluded at Mantripukhari Garrison in north Imphal, Manipur. It was held under the aegis of Spear Corps of Indian Army. A 19-member delegation consisting of officials of the Myanmar Army, police and bureaucratic departments attended the meeting. The Indian delegation was headed by Lieutenant General Gopal R, AVSM, SM, GOC Spear Corps and the Myanmar delegation was headed by Maj Gen Phone Myat, Commander, North West Command.
- Which city topped among all Indian metro cities in public transport, as per a study named ‘Ease of Moving Index’ by Ola Mobility Institute?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kolkata
On November 2, 2018, according to a study named ‘Ease of Moving Index’ by Ola Mobility Institute, city of Kolkata topped among all Indian metro cities in public transport. 80% of people in cities — would prefer using public transport over personal vehicles. Kolkata secured the highest score while Patna and Bhubaneswar topped the list for growing and emerging cities. Kolkata outscored the other metros in terms of cleanliness and tops the charts when it comes to affordability of public transport. People in Chennai are the heaviest users of public transport among the metro cities while Mumbai scores lowest.
- Which State Tourism Department launched a ‘SMiLE Virtual Tour Guide’ site for boosting tourism, on 31st October 2018?
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kerala
On October 31, 2018, to give boost to Malabar tourism, the Kerala Tourism Department launched a ‘SMiLE Virtual Tour Guide’ site for the region in north Kerala. SMiLE is the acronym for: ‘Small and Medium Industries Leveraging Experiential’ Tourism. It was conceived by and executed by Bekal Resorts Development Corporation (BRDC) that focuses on eco-friendly and experiential tourism. For the concept and execution, the government provided Rs 50 lakhs to BRDC.
- Maharashtra Cabinet approved the conversion of the decommissioned carrier named _____ into a floating museum, worth Rs. 852 crore, on 2nd November 2018?
1) INS Viraat
2) INS Vikrant
3) INS Apoorva
4) INS Lakshya
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) INS Viraat
On November 2, 2018, the conversion of decommissioned carrier INS Viraat into a floating museum was approved by the Maharashtra Cabinet. The project is worth Rs. 852 crore and will be implemented through public-private-partnership (PPP). The decision was aimed to make the new generation familiar with the glorious history of INS Viraat. The carrier will be housed on a concrete foundation near Nivati Rocks in Sindhudurg in Konkan region of Maharashtra.
- Where was the first-of-its-kind ‘Little India Gate’ inaugurated on 28th October 2018?
1) Medan, Indonesia
2) Wuhan, China
3) California, United States
4) London, United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Medan, Indonesia
On October 28, 2018, the first-of-its-kind ‘Little India Gate’ was inaugurated at Kampung Madras or Madras Village area in Medan city, Indonesia. It was jointly inaugurated by India’s ambassador to Indonesia and Timor Leste Pradeep Kumar Rawat and Mayor of Medan H T Dzulmi Eldin S. It was developed to recognize the contribution of Indian community in the development of Medan city, the 4th largest city of the country. It will be promoted as an iconic tourist spot in Medan city as it is the first such structure in entire Indonesia. It represents Bhinneka Tunggal Ika’ or Unity in Diversity of Indonesia and of the Indian belief in ‘Vasudev Kutubakam’, meaning the world is one family.
- Where was the 1st Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health held from 30th October to 1st November 2018?
1) Paris, France
2) New York, United States
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Geneva, Switzerland
On November 1, 2018, the 3-day long 1st Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health concluded at the World Health Organisation’s headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Theme of the conference was: “Improving Air Quality, Combatting Climate Change-Saving Lives”. Its objective was to combat one of the world’s most significant causes of premature death: Air Pollution. It was held in collaboration with:
• The UN Environment,
• World Meteorological Organization (WMO),
• The Secretariat of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC),
• The Climate and Clean Air Coalition to Reduce Short-Lived Climate Pollutants (CCAC) and
• The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE).
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given licence to the Kirloskar group to launch a non-banking finance company (NBFC) named Kirloskar Capital. Who has been named CEO of Kirloskar Capital?
1) Atul Kirloskar
2) Vimal Bhandari
3) Ajay Doval
4) Murali Prasad
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vimal Bhandari
On November 1, 2018, Reserve Bank of India gave licence to the Kirloskar group to launch a non-banking finance company (NBFC) named Kirloskar Capital. Kirloskar group would invest Rs 1,000 crore over the next three years in the proposed NBFC, which will be a fully-owned subsidiary of Kirloskar Oil Engines. The NBFC would focus on providing growth capital to industry with an initial focus on small and medium enterprises (SMEs). It will be headed by industry veteran Vimal Bhandari as CEO. Prior to joining Kirloskar Capital, Bhandari was the chief executive of Indostar Capital.
- Who was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Uttrakhand High Court, on 2nd November 2018?
1) Justice Arokiasamy S
2) Justice Praneeth Roy
3) Justice Shibani Sircar
4) Justice Ramesh Ranganathan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Justice Ramesh Ranganathan
On 2nd November 2018, Justice Ramesh Ranganathan was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Uttrakhand High Court. Previously, he served as the senior-most judge of the Hyderabad High Court. He replaces Justice KM Joseph who was promoted to the Supreme Court. Ramesh Ranganathan was administered the oath by Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya in Raj Bhavan, Dehradun. Ramesh Ranganathan was born in Delhi on July 28, 1958. He was a Government Pleader from 1996 to 2000. He was Additional Advocate General from 2000 to 2004.
- Who has taken charge as Director General (Wks & Cer) of Indian Air Force (IAF)?
1) Air Marshal MSG Menon
2) Air Marshal Vijay Tapas
3) Air Marshal Dhilip Chenoy
4) Air Marshal Vasuki Soni
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Air Marshal MSG Menon
Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM has taken charge as Director General (Wks & Cer) of Indian Air Force (IAF). Previously, he was the Assistance Chief of Air Staff (AF Wks) at Air Headquarters. He is a Cat ‘AYE’ Air Traffic Controller. He was a member of the first United Nations Mission to Sudan. He was Commandant of Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore and Principal Director Ops (Air Traffic Services). He served as Assistance Chief of Air Staff (Org & Ceremonial). He was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) in 2016.
- Who took charge as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank, on 2nd November 2018?
1) Arpit Singh
2) Atul Kumar Goel
3) Chandra Kumar
4) Nalini Shekar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Atul Kumar Goel
On 2nd November 2018, Atul Kumar Goel took charge as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank. Earlier, Atul Kumar Goel was executive director of Union Bank of India. He has replaced R K Takkar who completed his three-year term on November 1, 2018. He started his carrier as Chartered Accountant in Allahabad Bank in 1992. He has worked in various segments like corporate credit, foreign exchange and treasury.
- Who resigned as Director of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS), with effect from October 30, 2018?
1) GN Bajpai
2) Pallabh Chaudhary
3) Priyank Singh
4) Ravi Kishore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) GN Bajpai
GN Bajpai resigned as Director of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS), with effect from October 30, 2018. GN Bajpai resigned from the board of IL&FS citing personal reasons. He is a former chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). He was one of the 7 directors appointed on the IL&FS board by the government, following National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) order, recently. Following his resignation, the members remaining on IL&FS board are:
• Banker Uday Kotak, chairman
• ICICI Bank executive chairman GC Chaturvedi
• IAS officer and the director general of shipping Malini Shankar
• Mahindra group’s Vineet Nayyar
• Auditor Nandkishore
• CS Rajan, a former chief secretary of Rajasthan
- Which country successfully launched a high orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system, on 2nd November 2018?
4) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China
On 2nd November 2018, China successfully launched a high orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan Province, China. This is the first BeiDou-3 satellite in high orbit, nearly 36,000 km above the Earth. It will follow the Earth’s rotation, in a geostationary orbit, and will view the same point on Earth continuously. The satellite will serve countries in the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). eiDou global satellite navigation system will be the fourth global satellite navigation system after the US GPS system, Russia’s GLONASS and the European Union’s Galileo. It is being developed to outsmart the United States Global Position System (GPS).
- Name India’s first indigenous microprocessor, designed and booted up by researchers at Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IITM)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shakti
On November 1, 2018, India’s first microprocessor, Shakti, was designed and booted up by researchers at Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IITM). This is India’s first indigenously-developed microprocessor and can be used in mobile computing devices, embedded low-power wireless and network systems. The Shakti processors were made at semi-conductor laboratory (SCL) of ISRO in Chandigarh. The project is funded by Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Name the 5th Indian cricketer who was formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame, on 1st November 2018?
1) Rahul Dravid
2) Virat Kohli
3) Shikhar Dawan
4) MS Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rahul Dravid
On 1st November 2018, former Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid was formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. Rahul Dravid received his ICC Hall of Fame cap from fellow ICC Cricket Hall of Famer Sunil Gavaskar in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Rahul Dravid was named in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame along with Australia’s Ricky Ponting and England’s Claire Taylor at the ICC Annual Conference in Dublin in July 2018. Rahul Dravid is the 5th Indian cricketer to be formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame after: Bishen Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Anil Kumble. Rahul Dravid had played 164 Tests and 344 ODIs for India from 1996 to 2012. He had scored 24,177 runs in Tests and ODIs.
- When was International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists observed?
1) October 31
2) October 29
3) November 1
4) November 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 2
On 2nd November 2018, International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists was observed throughout the world. The United Nations General Assembly declared 2 November as the ‘International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists’. The date was chosen to commemorate the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2nd November 2013. This day aims to promote a safe and enabling environment for journalists to do their work independently and without interference.
- When did the Indian Army Aviation Corps celebrate its 33rd Raising Day?
1) October 30
2) October 31
3) November 3
4) November 1
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 1
On 1st November 2018, Army Aviation Corps celebrated its 33rd Raising Day. On this day, a Wreath Laying Ceremony was held at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate, New Delhi. Wreath was laid by Lieutenant General Kanwal Kumar, Colonel Commandant and Director General of Army Aviation and other officials. Army Aviation Corps is the aerial manoeuvre arm of the Indian Army. It has played a major role by providing air support to soldiers and also relief to people at times of natural calamity.
- When was World Vegan Day celebrated throughout the world?
1) November 1
2) October 31
3) November 2
4) November 3
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) November 1
On 1st November 2018, World Vegan Day was celebrated throughout the world. This day was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then Chair of The Vegan Society, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of founding The Vegan Society and the coining of the terms: “vegan” and “veganism”. This day highlights the benefits of veganism. Veganism is the practice of not consuming any animal products like milk, curd, eggs, cheese, honey, meat etc. Also, the month of November is observed as World Vegan Month.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Director General of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)?Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra
- Name the President and headquarters of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?President – Mr. Rakesh Bharti Mittal; Headquarters – New Delhi
- Where is Mathikettan National Park located?Kerala
- What is the tagline of UCO Bank?Honors Your Trust
- Who is the President of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)?Subho Roy