AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 8 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Home Ministry released Rs. 113.36 crore to 6 border states namely Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand, under the Border Area Development Programme (BADP), on November 7, 2018?
1) Rs 456.98 crore
2) Rs 113.36 crore
3) Rs 567.75 crore
4) Rs 220.75 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 113.36 crore
On November 7, 2018, the Home Ministry released Rs. 113.36 crore to 6 border states under the Border Area Development Programme (BADP). The 6 states where the amount was released were: Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. With this release the total amount released so far during this fiscal to the States having International Border is Rs. 637.98 crore. Earlier, in September 2018, the centre released Rs.399.24 crore for 10 states along the international borders under this programme.The amount released in 2017-18 was Rs. 1,100-crore.
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) WAPCOS and which company signed a MoU providing end-to-end solutions for passenger ropeway projects, on 7th November 2018?
1) General Electrical
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Doppelmayr
On November 7, 2018, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari oversaw the MOU signing of between WAPCOS and Doppelmayr for providing end-to-end solutions for passenger ropeway projects.
The MoU includes:
• Preparing feasibility studies, detailed project reports, construction, equipment supply, operation and maintenance, etc.
• Enabling development of ropeway projects in various states using globally accepted standards for passenger safety and reliability.
- Which district was renamed as Ayodhya by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on 7th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Faizabad
On November 7, 2018, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Ram. The Faizabad district comprises the twin towns of Faizabad and Ayodhya on the banks of the river Saryu. He also announced a medical college that would be named after Lord Ram’s father in the epic Ramayana, Raja Dashrath. An airport in Ayodhya will be named after Lord Ram.
- Ekana International Cricket Stadium located in which city was renamed as the “Bharat Ratan Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium”, on 7th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lucknow
On November 7, 2018, UP Governor Ram Naik approved renaming of Ekana International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow in the memory of late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. As per the proposal, the Ekana International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow was renamed as the “Bharat Ratan Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium“. It has a seating capacity of around 50,000. It was renamed as a token of acknowledgement towards the late Vajpayee, who represented Lucknow in the parliament for five consecutive times between 1991 and 2009. This change was done ahead of the India-West Indies T20I international match that will be hosted at the venue for the first time.
- Which state launched the technology-driven and citizen-friendly ‘Mo bus’ service, on 6th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Odisha
On 6th November 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the technology-driven and citizen-friendly ‘Mo bus’ service in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Mo bus service has facilities like: free wi-fi, CCTV surveillance, public information display system and on board announcements. Mo bus service will cover 9 routes in Bhubaneswar in the first phase. Mo Bus mobile app will also be launched through which passengers can book tickets and find the locations of the vehicle. Mo bus service has been launched for the residents of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Puri. Nearly 300 buses will be launched in 3 phases.
- New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has launched QR-enabled fridge magnets for digital payment of bills, in collaboration with a start-up named SignCatch and which bank?
1) Axis Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Axis Bank
On November 4, 2018, New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) launched a “smart” initiative to distribute quick response-enabled smiley fridge magnets to its consumers. This is a collaborative project between: NDMC, a Delhi-based retail tech startup called SignCatch and the Axis Bank for the initiative.
- HDFC Bank raised interest rates on deposits by up to ____ % for various tenors, on 7th November 2018?
1) 0.5 %
2) 1 %
3) 1.5 %
4) 2 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 0.5 %
On November 7, 2018, HDFC Bank raised interest rates on deposits by up to 0.5 per cent for various tenors. Similarly, Bank of Baroda hiked lending rates by 0.1 per cent. HDFC Bank will further bring about changes in interest rate on deposits below Rs 1 crore for various tenors. Bank of Baroda announced that the 1-year MCLR is applicable irrespective of the total home loan amount and is available for a tenure of up to 30years.
- Central and Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed loan agreement for _____ dollars to enhance agricultural productivity of poor farmers in Andhra Pradesh, on 7th November 2018?
1) $172.20 million
2) $354.80 million
3) $262.98 million
4) $342.75 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $172.20 million
On November 7, 2018, the Central and Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed the loan agreement for $172.20 million to enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalised farmers in Andhra Pradesh. The agreement for the project was signed by:
• Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance,
• P S Raghavaiah, State Project Director, APIIATP on behalf of the Government of Andhra Pradeshand
• Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank India.
- 1st Secretary in India’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations (UN), Mahesh Kumar, on behalf of India pledged contributions of _____ dollars for various UN agencies and development activities, on 7th November 2018?
1) USD 13.36 million
2) USD 50 million
3) USD 75.75 million
4) USD 87.95 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 13.36 million
On November 7, 2018, 1st Secretary in India’s Permanent Mission to the UN, Mahesh Kumar, on behalf of India pledged contributions of USD 13.36 million for the various UN agencies and development activities. This pledge was taken during the 2018 United Nations Pledging Conference for Development Activities at the UN Headquarters in New York, USA. About 19 countries pledged a total of USD 425.69 million at the Pledging Conference, reflecting an increase from the 2017 amount of USD 398.98 million.
- Name the Indian actor who was honoured as a ‘Distinguished Fellow’ by IndiaGlobal, at the 3rd IndiaGlobal Summit held at MIT Sloan School of Management in Boston, United States, on 3rd November 2018?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Kamal Hassan
3) Anupam Kher
4) Shah Rukh Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Anupam Kher
On November 3, 2018, Veteran actor Anupam Kher was honoured as a ‘Distinguished Fellow’ by IndiaGlobal. The fellowship was given at the 3rd IndiaGlobal Summit was held at the prestigious MIT Sloan School of Management in Boston. The event was facilitated by MIT Sloan India Business Club. He is a former chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
- Who won the fourth annual “Breakthrough Junior Challenge” for 2018, a US-based global science video competition?
1) Nishanth Kakkar
2) Samay Godika
3) Pihu Chawla
4) Chavvi Mittal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Samay Godika
Samay Godika won the fourth annual “Breakthrough Junior Challenge” for 2018, a global science video competition. Samay Godika is 16 years old. He is a native of Boston. He now lives in India and studies at the National Public School-Koramangala in Bengaluru. He submitted a video in the life sciences category on circadian rhythms for the US-based Breakthrough Junior Challenge. He will receive $400,000 (nearly Rs. 2.92 crore) in educational prizes for himself, his teacher and his school. He will receive a $250,000 college scholarship. His ninth and tenth grade science teacher Pramila Menon will get $50,000. His school will receive an advanced science lab worth $100,000.
- India was re-elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council at the elections held during ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2018,which held in _____, on 7th November 2018?
1) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2) New York, United States
3) Melbourne, Australia
4) Vienna, Austria
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
On November 7, 2018, India was re-elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council at the elections of the council held during ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2018 at Dubai, UAE. India would be the Member of ITU Council for 4 more years (2019-2022). India secured the 3rd rank among the 13 countries , by getting 165 votes, from the Asia-Australasia region. Globally, it ranked 8th among the 48 countries.
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of Citigroup?
1) Tom Scavo
2) Carlos Sollis
3) Carmen Hecter
4) John Dugan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) John Dugan
Citigroup has appointed John Dugan, a former comptroller of the currency, as its new chairman. John Dugan is 63 years old. He will succeed Michael O’Neill, who will retire at the end of 2018. John Dugan has been on Citi’s board for more than a year. He was comptroller of the currency from 2005 to 2010. He had served as counsel to the Senate banking committee and as an official at the Treasury department. He also served on the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision from 2007 to 2009.
- Name National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s telescope that has spotted a formation of galaxies that look like a smiling face in the sky?
1) Kepler Space Telescope
2) Hubble Space telescope
3) Galaxy Space Telescope
4) Exeter Space Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hubble Space telescope
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Hubble Space telescope has spotted a formation of galaxies that look like a smiling face in the sky. The image of galaxies looking like a smiling face was captured with Hubble telescope’s Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3). The image shows galaxies of all shapes, colours and sizes, many of them belonging to galaxy cluster SDSS J0952+3434. Below the centre, there is a formation of galaxies that looks like a smiling face. Two yellow-hued blobs are at the top similar to an arc of light.
- Who won the singles title in the L&T Mumbai Open at the Cricket Club of India courts, in Mumbai, on 4thNovember 2018?
1) Luksika Kumkhum
2) Natela Dzalamidze
3) Veronika Kudermetova
4) Barbora Stefakova
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Luksika Kumkhum
On 4th November 2018, Thailand’s Luksika Kumkhum won her first WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) title by winning the singles title in the L&T Mumbai Open at the Cricket Club of India courts, in Mumbai. Luksika Kumkhum defeated Russia’s Irina Khromacheva 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 in the final and won the singles title of the L&T Mumbai Open. She won $20,000 and 160 WTA points. Total prize money of the tournament was $125000. In the Doubles, Natela Dzalamidze and Veronika Kudermetova of Russia won the title by defeating Bibiane Schoofs of Netherlands and Barbora Stefakova of Czech Republic 6-4, 7-6(4).
- Who is the author of the book “Notes of a Dream: The Authorized Biography of A.R. Rahman”, launched in Mumbai on 3rd November 2018?
1) Krishna Trilok
2) Sathish Patil
3) Mukund Pranesh
4) Saran Tiwari
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Krishna Trilok
On 3rd November 2018, Oscar award winning musician A.R. Rahman’s biography “Notes of a Dream: The Authorized Biography of A.R. Rahman” was launched in Mumbai. The biography has been written by author Krishna Trilok. It has been launched in association with Landmark and Penguin Random House. The biography narrates the journey of A.R. Rahman and unveils parts of his creative and personal life that are not known to many people.
- When was International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict observed?
1) November 5
2) November 6
3) November 7
4) November 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) November 6
On 6th November 2018, International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict was observed all over the world. In 2001, the United Nations General Assembly declared November 6 as the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict. This is an annual observance. This day aims to create awareness about the damaging effects of war and armed conflict on the environment.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Secretary General of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland?Houlin Zhao
- Where is Sri Venkateswara National Park located?Andhra Pradesh
- Name the Secretary General and headquarters of World Bank?Secretary-General – Jim Yong Kim; Headquarters – Washington D.C., USA
- What is the tag line of Bank Of Baroda?India’s International Bank
- Who is the MD of HDFC Bank?Aditya Puri