AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Which two countries has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on withdrawal of 1.82 cusec of water from Feni River by India for drinking water supply scheme ?
1) India & China
2) India & Myanmar
3) India & Nepal
4) India & Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) India & Bangladesh
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Indian and Bangladesh on the withdrawal of 1.82 cubic feet per second (cusecs) of water from Feni river by India. This is the first such agreement between the South Asian neighbours in more than two decades by India and Bangladesh.
- Name the Indian city, that will receive 1.82 cusec of water for drinking water supply scheme as per an agreement over Feni River by India and Bangladesh .
1) Ranirbazar, Tripura
2) Sabroom, Tripura
3) Sonamura, Tripura
4) Ambassa, Tripura
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Sabroom, Tripura
Sabroom town(Tripura) will receive 1.82 cusec of water for drinking water supply scheme by India and Bangladesh agreements over Feni River. The Feni River originates in South Tripura district and flows through Sabroom town(Tripura) and then enters Bangladesh.
- Which country’s MoU based on Health, Medicine and Protocol convention on tax evasion have been approved by the cabinet on November 6 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Brazil
India has signed 2 MoU’s with Brazil.The MoU’s were Health and medicine & Protocol convention on tax evasion. Health and medicine:The cabinet has approved co-oporation of India and Brazil in the field of health and medicine. The MoU in this regard is expected to be signed in November 2019.Protocol convention on tax evasion: The cabinet also approved protocol convention for the avoidance of double taxation and also on prevention of fiscal evasion regarding taxes on income. Through the updation of the Double Taxation Avoidance Convention’s (DTAC) provisions to international standards, the protocol will facilitate the elimination of double taxation. The tax evasion is an illegal activity in which a person or entity deliberately avoids paying a true tax liability.
- In which of the following field, India and Guinea has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on November 6, 2019?
2) Climate change and environment
3) Renewable energy
4) Health and Medicine
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Renewable energy
The cabinet has given approval for India and Guinea to cooperate in the field of renewable energy.The objective of the MoU is to encourage and promote cooperation in renewable energy on the basis of mutual benefit, equality and reciprocity between the parties.
- India and German agency DGUV (Deutsche Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung) has signed MoU on various field, which of the following is not among them ?
2) Vocational training
3) Occupational diseases
4) Renewable Energy
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Renewable Energy
India and Germany hasn’t signed in the Renewable Energy field.The union cabinet approved MoU between India and German agency DGUV (Deutsche Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung), which is a German statutory accident insurance agency. The MoU was on cooperation on occupational diseases, rehabilitation and vocational training. India and DGUV will work on Occupational Safety and Health(OSH) and social protection, and also help in exchanging information in areas related to medical, occupational and social rehabilitation of insured persons with disabilities and prevention, detection and treatment of occupational diseases.
- For which of the following project, Cabinet had approved to provide ‘Special Window’ fund of Rs 25,000 crore on November 6, 2019 ?
2) Stalled Housing Projects
4) Smart City
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) Stalled Housing Projects
In a major relief to landlords and real estate companies stuck in stalled housing projects, the Union Cabinet gave its assent for the establishment of a ‘Special Window’ fund of Rs 25,000 crore for the stuck housing project across the country. The government will provide 10,000 crore rupees as a Category-11 Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) registered with SEBI(Securities and Exchange Board of India). State Bank of India (SBI) & Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) besides sovereign wealth funds and pension funds will provide the remaining Rs 15,000 crore to reach Rs.25000 crores.
- Where was the 2nd ‘No Money for Terror’ 2019 conference held ?
1) Melbourne, Australia
2) Wellington, New Zealand
3) Washington, D.C., United States
4) Berlin, Germany
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Melbourne, Australia
Second ‘No Money for Terror’2019 conference going on in Melbourne, Australia 7–8 ,November 2019. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G.Kishan Reddy addressed the conference from Indian side.
- Name the country, which is set to host the 3rd ‘No Money for Terror’ conference for the year 2020 .
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-3) India
India is set to host the 3rd ‘No Money for Terror’ conference for the year 2020 .This was announced by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G.Kishan Reddy.
- Where was the 15th governing council meeting (GCM) of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP) held ?
1) Moscow, Russia
2) Beijing, China
3) New Delhi, India
4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
15th governing council meeting (GCM) of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP) held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Name the Indian delegate, who participated in the 15th governing council meeting (GCM) of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP) in Dhaka, Bangladesh .
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) Prakash Javadekar
On November 7, 2019, Shri Prakash Javadekar, the Union Minister for Environment, Forest and climate change & Information and Broadcasting(I&B) , has participated in the 15th governing council meeting (GCM) of the South Asia Cooperative Environment Programme 2019 (SACEP) in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Which country has joined with India to produce the film based on its founding father & Political leader, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman also named as ‘Bangabandhu’ ?
4) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh is set to jointly produce the film based on founding father & Political leader of Bangladesh, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman also named as ‘Bangabandhu’.They also discussed to produce another film namely Story of Liberation of Bangladesh.
- Name the country, which topped in the ‘Freedom on the Net’ (FoTN) report titled ‘The Crisis of Social Media’ by Freedom House .
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Iceland
Explanation:On November 5,2019, the Freedom House (international internet rights) released its ‘Freedom on the Net’ (FoTN) report for the year 2019, titled ‘The Crisis of Social Media’, regarding an overall decline and access in global internet freedom between June 2018 and May 2019. Iceland became a top country for providing the freedom for accessing the Internet services. China, Pakistan and Vietnam emerged as worst performing country by providing freedom in accessing the internet service.
Country Total score and status Obstacles to Access Limits on Content Violations of user rights India 55 12 24 19 Iceland 95 25 34 36 China 10 8 2 0 Vietnam 24 12 7 5
- CIC was in news recently, what does ‘I’ stands for ____________ .
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Investment
I stands for Investment in CIC.The full form of CIC is Core Investment Companies .
- Who chaired the committee constituted by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) that recommended to tighten the corporate governance norms in the Core Investment Companies (CICs) ?
1) Rajiv Gauba
2) Tapan Ray
3) Ajit Seth
4) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Tapan Ray
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) constituted a committee headed by Tapan Ray.On November 7, 2019 the committee appointed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on the supervisory framework for Core Investment Companies (CICs) has recommended to tighten the corporate governance norms in the CIC. The committee has suggested that entities should have only 2-tier structure/layers and also recommended to strengthen the board structures with at least 50% of independent directors.
- Which insurance firm has released the app named ‘Farmitra’ to help the farmers needs and address their worries ?
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
3) United India Insurance
4) New India Assurance
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has introduced new mobile app called ‘Farmitra’ for the ease of farmers.This app intends to help the farmers needs and address their worries. It also resolves with relevant information, which they can use in optimizing their farming practices.
- Name the first Indian, who was conferred with the Deming award ‘Distinguished Service Award for Dissemination and Promotion Overseas’, in the field of Total Quality Management (TQM) in Tokyo, Japan on November 6, 2019 .
1) K. N. Radhakrishnan
2) N. R. Narayana Murthy
3) Venu Srinivasan
4) Ajay Piramal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Venu Srinivasan
On November 6, 2019, Venu Srinivasan, Chairman of TVS Motor Company and Sundaram Clayton was conferred with the Deming award ‘Distinguished Service Award for Dissemination and Promotion Overseas’, at a ceremony held in Tokyo, Japan. He was the first Indian industrialist to bestowed this prestigious awards for this hard-work in the field of Total Quality Management (TQM). The award was funded by Japanese Union of Scientists and Engineers (JUSE).
- Who will be conferred with the prestigious “Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award 2019”, for his outstanding contribution towards journalism by Press Council of India (PCI) ?
1) Anu Abrahim
2) Sanjay Saini
3) Shiva Swarup Awasthi
4) Gulab Kothari
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Gulab Kothari
Gulab Kothari (70),an Indian author, journalist and editor-in-chief of Indian daily newspaper Rajasthan Patrika has been selected by the Press Council of India (PCI) for the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award 2019, for his outstanding contribution towards journalism. On November 16,2019, on the occasion of National Press Day, he will be given this award at Vigyan Bhawan in the national capital, New Delhi.
- Name the first Indian and Asian, who was elected as the General Vice President(GVP) of the International Organisation Development Association (IODA) on November 6, 2019.
1) Vinaya Shetty
2) Michelle de Bruyn
3) Peter Kalmar
4) Glen Earl Trustee
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Vinaya Shetty
On November 6, 2019 Dr. Vinaya Shetty from Mumbai, Maharashtra was appointed as the first Indian and Asian to be elected as the General Vice President(GVP) of the International Organisation Development Association (IODA).
- Which country’s supreme council of union has elected, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan as its 4th President on November 7, 2019 ?
2) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
On November 7, 2019, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been re-elected as 4th President of UAE (United Arab Emirates ) by the Supreme Council of the Union for a five-year term. Shaikh Khalifa was first elected President on November 3, 2004 following the death of his father Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd ?
1) Rohan Verma
2) Ashok Kumar Barat
3) Arun Alagappan
4) Bharati Rao
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Arun Alagappan
The Board of Directors of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd (CIFCL) have accepted the appointment of Arun Alagappan as the Managing Director for a period of 5 years. He has been the Executive Director of this company from August 19, 2017.
- Which country’s researchers have recently discovered a new subtype of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) named HIV-1 Group M, subtype L ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-4) United States
On November 7, 2019 team of scientists from Abbott Laboratories, an American medical devices and health care company along with University of Missouri, Kansas City(America), have recently discovered a new subtype of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) named HIV-1 Group M, subtype L. The findings of this HIV virus is published in the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes(JAIDS). This was the first time a new subtype of “Group M” virus was discovered after new strains classifying guidelines were established in 2000.
- Two time Olympic champion, Nicola Adams announced retirement recently she is associated with which sport ?
2) Weight Lifting
4) Power Lifting
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Boxing
On November 6, 2019 Double Olympic boxing champion Nicola Adams (37 years) announced her retirement from the sport on medical advice due to the vulnerability of losing eyesight. Adams was the 1st female boxer who won an Olympic gold medal at the London Olympics in 2012 in the United Kingdom(UK), and also the first female boxer to become a double Olympic champion after winning a second gold medal at the Rio Olympics 2016, in Brazil.
- Where was the 35th edition of National Junior Athletics Championships 2019 held ?
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
The 35th edition of National Junior Athletics Championships 2019 held from 2-6 November ,2019 in Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
- G Maheshwari was in news recently, she is associated with which sport ?
1) Long Jump
2) Shot Put
3) 3000m steeplechase
4) 100 meter race
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 3000m steeplechase
G Maheshwari belong to 3000m steeplechase.G Maheshwari of Telangana set a national record by winning the Girls Under-20 3000m steeplechase title on the final day of the 35th National Junior Athletics Championship 2019. She clocked 10 minutes 34.10 seconds and was 12.71 seconds ahead of her previous best in the tournament.
- Who compiled the book titled ‘Guru Nanak Bani’ ?
1) Arundhati Roy
2) Jagtarjit Singh
3) Manjit Singh
4) Bhai Jodh Singh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Bhai Jodh Singh
On November 7, 2019 the union Minister of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister for Food Processing Industries(MoFPI) Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal together launched 3 books on Guru Nanak Dev’s writings, the founder of Sikhism on the occasion of his 550th birthday at Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College in New Delhi. 3 books: The 3 books were Guru Nanak Bani, Nanak Bani, and Sakhian Guru Nanak Dev published by the National Book Trust of India. ‘Guru Nanak Bani’ is compiled by Bhai Jodh Singh, the ‘Nanak Bani’ is compiled by Manjit Singh, and the ‘Sakhian Guru Nanak’ is compiled by Jagtarjit Singh.
- Find the novel authored by Arundhati Roy, which is placed in BBC’s ‘100 novels that shaped our world’ list .
1) The God of small things
2) A Suitable Boy
3) The Moor’s Last Sigh
4) Swami and Friends
5) None of theseAnswer-1) The God of small things
On November 6 2019, The British Broadcasting Corporation announced a list of ‘100 Novels That Shaped Our World’. A panel of leading writers, curators and critics compiled the list for the network. Some of our notable Indian authors like R.K. Narayan, Arundhati Roy, Salman Rushdie and Vikram Seth are among 100 writers in this list. Arundhati Roy– ‘The God of small things’ features in the identity category. The book is about the modern day classic. Salman Rushdie -’ The Moor’s Last Sigh’ about Modern India in the ‘Coming of Age’ section. RK Narayan – ‘Swami and Friends’ a story of Young boy and his escapades is placed in the rule breakers class Vikram Seth – ‘A Suitable Boy’ features in the family and friendship category and S. Naipaul – ‘A House for Mr Biswas’ is placed in the class and society section.
- National Cancer Awareness Day is observed annually on ____________ .
1) November 6
2) November 7
3) November 5
4) November 3
5) None of theseAnswer-2) November 7
The National Cancer Awareness Day is observed annually in India on November 7, to spread awareness on cancer, its symptoms and treatment. The day was first observed in 2014 as and when announced by the union health minister Dr.Harsh Vardhan. The day coincides with the birth anniversary of scientist Marie Curie (Marie Skłodowska Curie), winner of the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs
- First monkey park of Karnataka will be set in which city ? Answer- Shivamogga, Karnataka
The State government has decided to develop a monkey park on 100 acres in Hosanagara taluk of Shivamogga district. This will be the first such park in the State. The park will be set up at Nagavalli forest in Hosanagara taluk and monkeys that enter farms and damage crops will be relocated here. Monkeys raiding crops is rampant in Hosanagara,Thirthahalli and Sagar taluks.
- Where is the headquarter of World Boxing Organization (WBO) located ? Answer-San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Who is the Prime Minister of Australia ? Answer-Scott Morrison
- What is the Capital and Currency of Guinea ? Answer-Capital- Conakry & Currency- Guinean franc
- Who is the Managing Director of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance ? Answer-Tapan Singhel
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/november/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try November Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]