AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the Signature bridge worth Rs. 1,594 crore inaugurated on 4th November 2018?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Delhi
On November 4, 2018, Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the iconic ‘Signature Bridge’. It is being dubbed as ‘Delhi’s Eiffel Tower’. The estimated cost of the project is: Rs. 1,594 crore. Built over Yamuna River, it will reduce the travel time between north and northeast Delhi and share the burden of the Wazirabad Bridge. It will also connect the Outer Ring Road on the western bank of the Yamuna river with Wazirabad Road on the eastern side.
- Union Minister for Tourism, K.J. Alphons, inaugurated the Tourist Facilitation and Information Counter at Indira Gandhi International Airport in _____, on 5th November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On November 5, 2018, Union Minister for Tourism, Shri K.J. Alphons, inaugurated the Tourist Facilitation and Information Counter at Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi. 24×7 information to both domestic and international visitors arriving into IGI Airport, New Delhi. The is first of its kind facilitation centre is located at the T3 terminal arrival gates of the IGI Airport. The counter will be connected to the 24×7 Helpline – ‘1363’ of the Tourism Ministry where the non-English speaking tourists can speak directly to agents and get guidance. The languages represented by the helpline no are: French, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Arabic.
- Where is China’s 1st International Import Expo (CIIE) held from 5th to 10th November 2018?
1) Shanghai, China
2) Beijing, China
3) Wuhan, China
4) Xichuan, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shanghai, China
India participated in China’s 1st International Import Expo (CIIE) at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai. It is held from 5th to 10th November 2018. Chinese President Xi Jinping inaugurated 6-day China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai. It is considered to be the world’s first import-themed national-level expo. Leaders of 18 countries, including Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan took part in it. 12 countries – Brazil, Canada, Egypt, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Mexico, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Vietnam and the UK will be the “Guest of Honour” at the mega business event. The Indian delegation was led by Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited expression of interest (EOI) from companies with a turnover of over _____ in the last 3 years to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR)?
1) Rs 100 crore
2) Rs 500 crore
3) Rs 1000 crore
4) Rs 200 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 100 crore
On November 7, 2018, the Reserve Bank initiated steps to set up a wide-based digital Public Credit Registry (PCR). This will enable the banks and financial institutions to get 360 degree profile of existing and prospective borrowers on a real-time basis. For developing the registry the RBI has invited expression of interest (EOI) from companies with a turnover of over Rs 100 crore in the last three years.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of _____ rupees on FINO Payments Bank for contravention of the direction to stop opening of new accounts until further instructions, on 31st October 2018?
1) Rs 1 crore
2) Rs 2 crore
3) Rs 3 crore
4) Rs 5 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 1 crore
The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore on FINO Payments Bank for contravention of the direction to stop opening of new accounts until further instructions. This penalty was imposed on October 31, 2018, in exercise of powers vested in the RBI under the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Who will be awarded the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by the Press Council of India (PCI) on 16th November 2018?
1) N Ram
2) Ruby Sarkar
3) VS Rajesh
4) Mihir Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) N Ram
Journalist and the Hindu Group of Publications Chairman N Ram has been chosen for the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award, presented by the Press Council of India (PCI), for his contribution to journalism. The award will be presented on November 16, 2018, on the occasion of the National Press Day. PCI has also announced other winners of the National Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2018. Award winners under various categories are listed below:
• Rural Journalism: Ruby Sarkar, Chief Correspondent, Deshbandhu, Bhopal & Rajesh Parshuram Joshte, Daily Pudhari, Ratnagiri
• Developmental Reporting: VS Rajesh, Deputy Editor, Kerala Kaumudhi
• Photo Journalism-Single News: Subhash Paul, Rashtriya Sahara, Delhi
• Photo Journalism-Photo Feature: Mihir Singh of the Punjab Kesari, Delhi
• Best Newspaper Art: covering cartoons, caricature and illustrations: P Narasimha, Cartoon Editor, Nava Telangana, Hyderabad
- Who was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Islamic Republic of Iran, on 5th November 2018?
1) Gaddam Dharmendra
2) Saurabh Kumar
3) Nikhil Mishra
4) Anil Chakraborthy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gaddam Dharmendra
On 5th November 2018, Gaddam Dharmendra was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Gaddam Dharmendra is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1990 batch. At present, he is Additional Secretary at Headquarters of Ministry of External Affairs. He has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Islamic Republic of Iran. He will succeed Saurabh Kumar, who was appointed India’s ambassador to Myanmar in October 2018. He will take up the assignment soon.
- Name Cricket Australia’s (CA) longest-serving director who resigned from Cricket Australia’s (CA) board of directors, on 5th November 2018?
1) Mark Taylor
2) Earl Eddings
3) Kevin Roberts
4) Susan Mayer
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mark Taylor
On 5th November 2018, former Australia captain Mark Taylor resigned from Cricket Australia’s (CA) board of directors. Mark Taylor is 54 years old. He was the CA board’s longest-serving director. He has resigned amid the release of findings of Longstaff review that was commissioned following the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal. He is the third member of the Cricket Australia board to resign in the last six months. Recently, David Peever resigned as Chairman of the board of Cricket Australia. CA board is currently chaired on an interim basis by Earl Eddings, till a permanent chairman is selected.
- V. Rathinam passed away following a short term illness at Chathirakudi, Ramanathapuram, in Tamil Nadu, on 3rdNovember 2018. He was a ____?
1) Freedom fighter
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Freedom fighter
On 3rd November 2018, V. Rathinam, freedom fighter and member of Indian National Army (INA), passed away following a short term illness at Chathirakudi, Ramanathapuram, in Tamil Nadu. V. Rathinam was 99 years old. He was born on August 16, 1919. He hailed from S. Kodikulam in Paramakudi block, Ramanathapuram. He had gone to Burma and joined the INA led by Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose, during the Second World War in 1940s. After inducted into the INA, he had fought against the British. He was imprisoned by the British and had served jail terms in various prisons.
- Name the author of the book ‘The Fire Burns Blue: A History of Women’s Cricket in India’ that will be launched on November 30, 2018?
1) Karunya Keshav & Sidhanta Pathak
2) Sunil Goenker & Rahul Parrikhar
3) Mukhil Joshi
4) Praveen Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Karunya Keshav & Sidhanta Pathak
‘The Fire Burns Blue: A History of Women’s Cricket in India’, a book on history of women’s cricket in India, will be launched on November 30, 2018. The book is co-authored by sports journalists Karunya Keshav and Sidhanta Pathak. It is published by Westland Sport, a new imprint of Westland Publications. It will provide a detailed narrative of cricket, from its origin to present day. It will also have rare photographs to show the highs and lows of the early years of women’s cricket.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport located?Guwahati, Assam
- Who is the chairman of Press Council of India (PCI)?Chandramauli Kumar Prasad
- What is the capital and currency of Iran?Capital – Tehran; Currency – Rial
- Name the CEO of Cricket Australia (CA)?Kevin Roberts
- Where is Chilla National Park located?Delhi