AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 26 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Ministry of Finance increased the outlay for the first phase of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles (FAME India) scheme to _____ rupees, on 25th November 2018?
1) Rs 895 crore
2) Rs 675 crore
3) Rs 567 crore
4) Rs 789 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 895 crore
On November 25, 2018, the Ministry of Finance notified an increase of Rs. 100 crore in the outlay, to Rs 895 crore from Rs 795 crore, for the first phase of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles (FAME India) scheme. The approval of additional Rs. 100 crore was done as per the recommendations of the Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC). The objective of the scheme is to promote mass adoption of electric vehicles and the scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. The implementation of the first phase of the scheme has been extended four times, for six months each, with the latest being till March 2019.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) notified the insertion of which item as a ‘non transport’ vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, on 23rd November 2018?
1) Road Roller
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Quadricycle
On November 23, 2018, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) notified the insertion of the item ‘Quadricycle’ as a ‘non transport’ vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Earlier, these were only allowed for transport usage under the Act.
- Which city became the first in India to launch a dedicated Open Transit Data portal to spot locations of cluster buses at intervals of 10 seconds, on 23rd November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Delhi
On November 23, 2018, Delhi Government launched a dedicated Open Transit Data portal in the website www.otd.delhi.gov.in – to spot locations of cluster buses at intervals of 10 seconds. This portal was designed and developed by IIIT-Delhi. Thus, Delhi became the first city in the country to open up transit data of city buses. This portal would provide information of 1,700 buses including: static and real time data, geo-coordinates of bus stops, route maps, timetables, and real time GPS feeds of bus locations every 10 seconds. n future, the portal will incorporate multi-modal transport data feed including those of Metro trains and last mile connectivity vehicles.
- ‘Jhiri Mela’, a week long annual festival, was inaugurated on November 23, 2018, in Jhiri village of which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Himachal Pradesh
4) Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jammu and Kashmir
On November 23, 2018, Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik inaugurated a week long annual ‘Jhiri Mela’ festival at village Jhiri in Jammu district of Jammu and Kashmir. The governor announced the construction of a ‘Sarai’ (inn) at village Jhiri for the devotees. The annual fair is celebrated as a commemoration to the memory of a martyred farmer named, ‘Baba Jittoo’. A cultural programme comprising folk songs and a Dogri dance was presented by the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art Culture and Languages on the occasion.
- ‘Jangalmahal’ festival to revive and popularise the culture and heritage of Jangal Mahal was celebrated from 23rdto 25th November 2018 in _____?
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) West Bengal
On November 23, 2018, a three-day-long annual ‘Jangalmahal’ festival began in the adjoining forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts of West Bengal. Initiated and organized by the ‘Jangal Mahal Udyog’, the festival aims to revive and popularise the culture and heritage of Jangal Mahal.
- Where was the 10-day long Bali Yatra festival inaugurated, on 23rd November 2018?
1) Cuttack, Odisha
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Cuttack, Odisha
On 23rd November 2018 the historic Bali Yatra festival was inaugurated in Cuttack, Odisha on the occasion of Kartik Purnima by State Finance Minister Shashi Bhusan Behera. The 10 days long festival is the largest trade fair in Orissa and is likely to witness a footfall of millions of people and more than 1500 makeshift stalls to showcase a wide range of products, including ethnic items brought by artisans from across the country. It is held on the banks of Mahanadi river in Cuttack, to mark the day when ancient Sadhabas (ancient meriners) would set sail to distant lands of Bali, for trade and cultural expansion.
- Jolly Grant airport located in which city will be renamed after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
3) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
4) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
On November 24, 2018, the Uttarakhand government chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, approved a total of 27 proposals including renaming the Dehradun airport after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. As per the approved proposal, the Jolly Grant airport in Uttarakhand will be renamed after Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The cabinet also gave its approval to the setting up of the Uttarakhand State Agency For Public Services to ensure time-bound delivery of services and redressal of complaints.
- Name India’s National Security Advisor who participated in the 21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talks, held in Dujiangyan, near Chengdu, China, on 23rd and 24th November 2018?
1) NK Singh
2) Ajit Doval
3) Hasmukh Adhia
4) Rajeev Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ajit Doval
On November 24, 2018, the 2-day 21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talks concluded at Dujiangyan near southwest China’s Chengdu city. This was held between: National Security Advisor Ajit Doval from the Indian side and Chinese Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi from the Chinese side. This was the first round of talks for Wang who earlier in 2018 succeeded State Councillor Yang Jiechi. The following were discussed in the constructive talks:
• India and China maintaining their peace and tranquility in border areas,
• Working on the India-China Closer Developmental Partnership,
• Working on a mutually acceptable solution to the India-China boundary question at an early date.
• Reviewing of the progress made in bilateral ties in the Wuhan Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping that held in April 2018.
- Djibouti President _____ inaugurated the first India-built centre of entrepreneurship and innovation in Djibouti, on 23rd November 2018?
1) Ismail Omar Guelleh
2) Ramee Aslam Shah
3) Danish Mujeeb
4) Rashid Al Mubeen
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ismail Omar Guelleh
On 23rd November 2018, Djibouti President Ismail Omar Guelleh inaugurated the first India-built centre of entrepreneurship and innovation in Djibouti. It was built in a record time of two years. This project is one of the first targeting small businesses in Djibouti. It is a project that was specifically asked for by the Djibouti government. In November 2016, India had provided a $5 million grant to build an incubation centre in Djibouti. India had already provided $49.13 million to build a cement factory.
- Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) sanctioned Mudra loans under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), grew faster than that of banks in FY 2018, as per the 2017-18 annual report of PMMY. Which was the top lender among Small Finance Banks (SFBs)?
1) Jana Small Finance Bank
2) AU Small Finance Bank
3) ESAF Small Finance Bank
4) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) AU Small Finance Bank
On November 23, 2018, according to the 2017-18 annual report of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), NBFC sanctioned Mudra loans under PMMY, grew faster than that of banks in FY 2018. This is the first time that the bad loan data has been released by Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency (Mudra). NBFCs sanctioned approximately Rs 27,000 crore of Mudra loans during the fiscal 2018 as against Rs 92,492.68 crore sanctioned by public sector banks. Thus NBFCs not only met their Mudra target of Rs.9,050 crore for FY18, but their sanctions for the year were a five-fold jump from the previous year. NBFC Mudra loans sanctions rose 396% from last fiscal compared with just 29% increase of Mudra loans by state-run banks. Among this, AU Small Finance Bank was the top lender among Small Finance Banks (SFBs) and the State Bank of India (SBI) was the top lender among state-run banks followed by Canara Bank and Punjab National Bank.
- Russia’s state space corporation Roscosmos has planned to venture into the Internet of Things (IoT) with the launch of a new satellite system named ______?
4) Star Hunter
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Marathon
On November 25, 2018, Russia’s state space corporation, Roscosmos planned to venture into the Internet of Things (IoT) with the launch of a new satellite system named ‘Marathon’. The satellite system will be a part of Russia’s Sphere satellite constellation, which will be fully established by 2026. The Sphere constellation project, will involve the construction and deployment of 640 satellites.
- SpaceX will send humans for the first time in 8 years through SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule for Commercial Crew Program, in collaboration with which space agency?
1) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
4) European Space Agency (ESA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in collaboration with SpaceX, a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company, is going to send humans for the first time in eight years through SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule for Commercial Crew Program. Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley of NASA will be the first two astronauts to test the commercial spaceflight. As part of the preparation, the space agency will first shoot out an unpiloted test flight on January 7 from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida, United States. It will undergo an in-flight abort test sometime before its first crewed flight in June 2019.
- Name the Bangladeshi cricketer who became the fastest to complete the double of 200 wickets and 3000 runs in the history of Test cricket on 24th November 2018?
1) Mashrafe Mortaza
2) Shakib Al Hasan
3) Tanim Iqbal
4) Mominul Haque
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shakib Al Hasan
24th November, 2018 Bangladesh Test captain and left arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan became the fastest to complete the double of 200 wickets and 3000 runs in the history of Test Cricket. Shakib achieved the feat in his 54th Test beating the long-standing record of 55 matches by all-rounder Ian Botham. He also became the first Bangladeshi bowler to claim 200 Test wickets after a comprehensive 64-run victory against West Indies in the first Test of the on-going series in Chittagong. Windies all-rounder Keiron Pollard became his 200th Test victim. On the same day and against the same opposition six years ago – November 24, 2012 – Shakib had picked up his 100th Test wicket.
- Which country won the 6th edition of International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s T20 World Cup, hosted by the West Indies from 9th November to 24th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Australia
From 9th November to 24th November, The Sixth Edition of International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s T20 World Cup was hosted by the defending champion West Indies. It was the second ICC Women’s World Twenty20 hosted was West Indies after 2010 edition. 10 Countries participated and total 23 matches were played in the event. Australia defeated England by eight wickets in the final held in Antigua to secure their fourth Women’s World Twenty20 title. England scored 105 in the final which was easily chased by Australia with the loss of only 2 wickets in 15.1 Overs. Australia’s Alyssa Healy was named the player of the tournament. India’s quest for a maiden ICC Women’s World T20 title ended with an eight-wicket defeat against England in the Semi-Finals of the ICC Women’s World T20.
- Which was the first Ridesharing and food delivery platform that partnered with International Cricket Council (ICC) to support the 6th edition of Women’s World T20 Cup hosted by West Indies from 9th November to 24th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uber
On 8th November 2018, Global Cab hailing Major, Uber had partnered with International Cricket Council (ICC) to support the Sixth edition of Women’s World T20 held in West Indies. Uber is the first Ridesharing and food delivery platform to partner with ICC for 2018 Women’s World Twenty20. ICC and Uber aims to leverage one of the most popular sports of world, Cricket to engage broader cricketing community in a discussion about the role a sports can play to empower girls and women around the world. This partnership also focuses on programmes to provide sponsorship to aspiring women cricketers.
- Name the Indian who became the 1st ever woman boxer to win 6 world championship titles, by winning gold in Women’s Light Fly (45-48 kg) Category, of AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship 2018, held in New Delhi, from 15th to 24th November 2018?
1) Sonia Chahal
2) Mary Kom
3) Sarita Devi
4) Pinki Rani
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mary Kom
15th to 24th November 2018, International Boxing Association (AIBA) Organized Women’s World Boxing Championship 2018 at Indira Gandhi Sport Complex in New Delhi. India ended the Championship at 3rd position with 4 medals including 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze. China topped the medal tally with 5 medals including 4 gold and Chinese Taipei ranked at second position with 2 medals (2 Gold). On 24th November 2018, India’s MC Mary Kom won the Gold in the Women’s Boxing championship 2018 by defeating Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota by 5-0 in Women’s Light Fly (45-48 kg) Category. Mary Kom became the 1st ever woman boxer to win 6 world championship titles.
- CK Jaffer Sharief passed away in Bengaluru, on 25th November 2018. He was a ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Politician
On November 25, 2018, politician and former Union railway minister CK Jaffer Sharief passed away in Bengaluru at the age of 85. He held the office of the Minister of Railways under PV Narasimha Rao, from 1991 to 1995. He also served as a minister of state for Railways from 1980 to 1984. He handled several other central union portfolios like coal and irrigation. Overall, Sharief served 7 terms as the member of parliament, the last of which was from 1999 to 2000.
- What was the theme of World COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Day 2018 observed on 21stNovember 2018?
1) The Many Faces of COPD
2) Early detection and cure of COPD
3) Never too early, never too late
4) After effects and moving on to a healthier life
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Never too early, never too late
On 21st November 2018, World Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Day was organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) in collaboration with health care professionals and COPD patient groups throughout the world. The day was aimed at raising awareness about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and improving COPD care throughout the world. The theme of this year’s event was ‘Never too early, never too late’.
- When was 2018 International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women themed “Orange the World: #HearMeToo”, observed?
1) November 24
2) November 22
3) November 25
4) November 23
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) November 25
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, is marked on 25th November every year. It aims to raise public awareness around the issue as well as increase both policymaking and resources dedicated to ending violence against women and girls worldwide. To support the cause an initiative was launched by United Nations (UN) in 2008 and is known as the ‘UNiTE to End Violence against Women’. Orange is the official UN colour of the Day. It symbolizes a brighter future for women and girls free of violence. Events for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women are coordinated by the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM). This year a 16 days long activism against gender-based violence ‘UNiTE Campaign’ will be organised from 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day. The UNiTE Campaign’s global advocacy theme this year is: Orange the World: #HearMeToo.
- Government of India will observe the remembrance of 100 years of the historical Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre in 2019. The Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre incident took place on _____ in 1919?
1) April 13
2) June 25
3) August 17
4) November 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) April 13
Government of India has decided to mark the remembrance of 100 years of the historical Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre in 2019. The commemorative coin and postage stamps will be released on 13th April, 2019 (the day the incident took place 100 years ago in 1919).Ministry of Culture will organise cultural activities such as kavi sammelan, plays, exhibition, seminars, etc. across India. Jallianwala Bagh will undergo necessary redevelopment and upgradation. A number of commemorative as well as constructive activities will be taken up during the remembrance period.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- When was Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) launched?2015
- Where is Dachigam National Park located?Jammu and Kashmir
- Chairperson of International Cricket Council (ICC) is _____?Shashank Manohar
- Name the President and headquarters of International Boxing Association (AIBA)?President – Mr Gafur Rahimov; Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Who is the governor of Delhi?Anil Baijal