AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 25 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Which district of Uttar Pradesh was granted the export ‘excellence tag’ for the product category ‘Carpets and other floor Coverings’ by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), on 21st November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bhadohi
On 21st November 2018, Bhadohi district of Uttar Pradesh, which is known for its hand-woven carpets around the world, was granted the export ‘excellence tag’ for the product category ‘Carpets and other floor Coverings’ by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under the commerce ministry. The carpet makers of the city will now get financial assistance from the central government to procure modern machines, improve export infrastructure, and organize fairs and exhibitions in different parts of the world to attract global buyers under the ‘Towns of Export Excellence’ tag.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) cancelled the UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) licence of which low-cost carrier for seven airports for poor and irregular services, on 24th November 2018?
1) Air Odisha
2) Air Carnival
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Air Odisha
On November 24, 2018, the Airports Authority of India (AAI) cancelled the UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) licence of low-cost carrier Air Odisha for seven airports for poor and irregular services. The 7 airports are — Jharsuguda, Raipur, Raigarh, Bilaspur, Ambikapur, Jagdalpur and Visakhapatnam. The flight services to the eastern regions, including Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand, by this carrier have also been suspended. The reason behind the suspension being their failure to operate minimum 70 percent of the scheduled flights from these airports within a period of three months.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has linked the workplace sexual harassment complaint portal named _____ to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories, for speedy disposal of cases?
2) Women’s Supportline
3) Women’s Hotline
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) SHe-Box
On November 22, 2018, the Ministry of Women and Child Development linked the workplace sexual harassment complaint portal, SHe-Box,to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories, for speedy disposal of cases. The cases would be directed to the concerned the central/ state authority having the jurisdiction to take the rightful action. The complaints would be monitored by the complainants and Ministry WCD ensuring prompt disposal of cases. The Ministry also published a Handbook and Training Module on the SH Act to provide information about the provisions of the Act.
- Where was the 2nd Edition of India Gold and Jewellery Summit inaugurated on 23rd November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu announced government’s intention to set up a domestic Gold Council in India for the growth in the jewellery sector. This was announced on the inauguration of the 2nd Edition of India Gold and Jewellery Summit in New Delhi, on 23rd November 2018.
- Which country will host the Laureus World Sports Awards 2019 which is also known as the ‘Oscars of sports’, on February 18, 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Monaco
The ‘Oscars of sports’, the Laureus World Sports Awards 2019 will be held in Monaco on February 18 next year. Sport’s premier global awards ceremony will celebrate the best of 2018 across eight individual and team categories, with the winners collecting a prized Laureus Statuette. Sports fans around the world will also get to play their part by voting for the Laureus Sporting Moment of the Year Award. Former India cricket captains Kapil Dev, Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar are members of the Laureus Academy. Last year, tennis Player Roger Federer won the Laureus Sportsman of the Year award for a record fifth time, while Serena Williams won the Sportswoman of the Year recognition for the fourth time.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) has stated that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will slow down somewhat but remain strong at _____ percent in 2019 and 2020, in its Economic Outlook 2018 report?
1) 7.5 %
2) 7.4 %
3) 7.3 %
4) 7.6 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 7.5 %
On 21st November 2018 the Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) released its Economic Outlook 2018 report and said that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will slow down marginally, but remain strong at 7.5% in 2019 & 2020. It said that, growth in India will hold up relatively well, and predicted GDP at market prices to decline marginally to 7.3% in 2019 and 7.4% in 2020 from 7.5% in 2018. The tendency to retard in growth will arise from tighter financial conditions, higher oil prices, adverse terms of trade, lower growth in partner countries, and rising political uncertainties in India and abroad. OECD noted that India’s exports, particularly in the textile sector would be benefited with the hike in US tariffs on Chinese imports. OECD projected that the global GDP growth rate will slow down from 3.7% in 2018 to 3.5% in 2019-2020. The Reserve Bank of India expects India’s GDP growth at 7.4% in FY19.
- Who was announced as recipient of Kuncha Kala Tapasvi Award, in the category of Lifetime Achievement, instituted by Chitrakala Shilpi D.V. Halbhavi National Memorial Trust in Dharwad, Karnataka, on 24th November 2018?
1) Lakshmi Kant
2) A. N. Patil
3) Surjit Singh
4) A. K. Bhanwala
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) A. N. Patil
On November 24, 2018, senior artist Mr. A. N. Patil was announced to be the recipient of the Kuncha Kala Tapasvi Award, in the category of Lifetime Achievement, instituted by the Chitrakala Shilpi D.V. Halbhavi National Memorial Trust in Dharwad, Karnataka.
- Name the actress who was appointed as brand ambassador of food delivery platform Uber Eats, on 24thNovember 2018?
1) Parineeti Chopra
2) Kriti Sanon
3) Alia Bhatt
4) Anushka Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alia Bhatt
On November 24, 2018, food delivery platform Uber Eats announced the appointment of actress Alia Bhatt as its brand ambassador. India will be the first country where the global company appointed an ambassador. In India, Uber Eats was first launched in Mumbai in May 2017 and is currently present in 37 cities across the country.
- Which pharmaceutical company launched ‘ANYA’, which is India’s first chatbot for patients, to provide information on their ailments, at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes, in Bengaluru, on 24th November 2018?
4) Dr Reddys
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lupin
On November 24, 2018, Pharma Company Lupin launched a chatbot named ‘ANYA’ to provide medically verified information for health-related queries, at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Research Society for the Study of Diabetes, in Bengaluru. This is India’s first chatbot for patients, to provide information on their ailments. ANYA is chatbot trained to help patients with health-related concerns as part of their disease-management. At its initial stage it would address queries related to diabetes and eventually the scope will increase. In its disease management journey, it would partner with doctors to manage ailments and give ready access to medically verified information, for their queries at any given time.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) launched two fast patrol vessels (FPV) named ICGS Amrit Kaur and _____, in river Hooghly in Kolkata, on 22nd November 2018?
1) ICGS Kamla Devi
2) ICGS G N Patel
3) ICGS Rushendra
4) ICGS Vasthala
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ICGS Kamla Devi
On 22nd November 2018, Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) launched two fast patrol vessels (FPV) ICGS Amrit Kaur and ICGS Kamla Devi, (named after freedom fighters) in the river Hooghly in Kolkata. The ships were launched by Veena Naravane, wife of Lt General Manoj Mukund Naravane, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, of the Army’s Eastern Command. The Vessels launched are 50 metres in length, 7.5 metres wide with a displacement of around 308 tons. These ships are designed for a maximum speed of 34 knots with an endurance of more than 1,500 nautical miles. Other salient features of the ships are key armament of a 40/60 gun and improved habitability features with fully air-conditioned modular accommodation for 35 personnel. The vessels, are the third and fourth in a series of five fast patrol vessels being built by GRSE for the Indian Coast Guard.
- Which entity has developed a new technology to help state governments minutely monitor the impact of rainfall and deal with natural disasters, based on ‘Impact Based Forecasting Approach’?
1) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
2) Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
3) Department of Wind Energy (DWE)
4) Indian Institute of Oceanology (IIO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)
On 24th November 2018,A new technology to assess the rise of water level in rivers and reservoirs by rain, which can help state governments to minutely monitor the impact of rainfall, has been developed by Indian Meteorological Department (IMD). The technology is based on ‘Impact Based Forecasting Approach’ that can help authorities in taking real-time decisions in the pre-event scenario. The technology was developed in the aftermath of Kerala floods and landslides that killed approximately 500 people and destroyed properties and businesses over Rs 40,000 crore. Last month IMD also developed the technology to identify “warm ocean segments” which can help to better identify and forecast the impact of unpredictable “severe cyclonic storm” like Ockhi which travelled approximately 2400 km from the Bay of Bengal and reached as far as the Gujarat coast during December 2017.
- Name the Indian Cricketer who became the first player to pick up a hat-trick in the history of cricket’s newest format T-10 League, on 22nd November 2018?
1) R Ashwin
2) Pravin Tambe
3) Virat Kohli
4) Shikhar Dawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pravin Tambe
On 22nd November 2018, 47 years old Indian Cricketer Pravin Tambe became the first player to pick up a hat-trick in the history of cricket’s newest format T-10 League. Playing for Sindhis, He picked 5 wickets in his two-over spell by giving just 15 runs against Kerala Knights. His performance helped Sindhis beat Kerala Knights by nine wickets. He had played for Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League (IPL) under the captainship of veteran player Rahul Dravid. The tournament began on 21st November 2018 in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Which Union Minister released a curated coffee table book titled ‘The Illustrated History of Indian Hockey: A Saga of Triumph, Pain and Dreams’, on 22nd November 2018?
1) Manoj Sinha
2) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
3) Suresh Prabhu
4) Arun Jaitley
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arun Jaitley
On November 22, 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released a curated coffee table book titled ‘The Illustrated History of Indian Hockey: A Saga of Triumph, Pain and Dreams’. It was released alongside International Hockey Federation (FIH) and Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President Narinder Batra and Hockey India President Mohd. Mushtaq Ahmad. It was launched in the run-up to the Hockey World Cup 2018 that would begin in Kalinga Stadium Bhubaneswar on November 28- December 16 2018. The book documents the journey of the game from the beginning since India’s participation in the 1928 Olympics and in-depth information including the World Cups, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games. It also has highlights of Women’s and Junior Hockey national team’s performances in various tournaments.
- Sandeep Michael died due to an unspecified neurological problem, on 23rd November 2018. He was a _____?
2) Hockey Player
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hockey player
On 23rd November 2018, 33 years old Former Indian Hockey player Sandeep Michael who captained Indian Junior hockey team to Asia cup gold in 2003 died due to an unspecified neurological problem. He was also a part of Indian development teams that won gold and bronze respectively in Akbar-el-Yom Cup competition in 2002 and 2003. He made his debut as a junior in Under-18 Asia Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia under the leadership of Jugraj Singh. He was admitted to hospital on 18th November following a brain problem and slipped into coma.
- When did Embassy of India in Nepal celebrate Indian Technical & Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Day and 130th Maulana Azad Day, in Kathmandu, Nepal?
1) November 25
2) November 24
3) November 23
4) November 22
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 22
On November 22, 2018, the Embassy of India in Nepal celebrated Indian Technical & Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Day and 130th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, dubbed as Maulana Azad Day, in Kathmandu, Nepal. The Event was inaugurated by Minister for Education, Science and Technology of Nepal Giriraj Mani Pokharel. It would help in promoting human resources development in Nepal by training senior officers and officials from various Ministries and Departments of the Government of Nepal in India’s most premier institutions.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of International Hockey Federation (FIH)?Narinder Batra
- Name the Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI)?Guruprasad Mohapatra
- Name the secretary general and headquarters of Organization of Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD)?Secretary-General – Jose Angel Gurría; Headquarters – Paris, France
- Who is the Director General of Meteorology?Dr. K.J. Ramesh
- Name the CEO of International Cricket Council (ICC)?David Richardson