AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 24 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which city, the New National Policy on Biofuels & Pradhan Mantri Ji- Van Yojana was held at?
3. New Delhi
5. PuneAnswer – 3. New Delhi
A consultative workshop on ‘New National Policy on Biofuels & Pradhan Mantri Ji- Van Yojana (VGF for 2nd Generation Ethanol Bio Refineries)’ was held in New Delhi. The workshop was organized by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas for inviting suggestions for drafting a suitable roadmap for Biofuels in India.The workshop was organised with an objective to address growing environment concerns in the light of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Commitment at COP 21 (2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference).
- Indian Railways has installed Asia’s largest Solid State Interlocking (SSI) system in which city, which will enable station masters to set 800 different routes for trains in a matter of minutes?
5. PuneAnswer – 2. Kharagpur
Indian Railways has installed Asia’s largest Solid State Interlocking (SSI) system in Kharagpur, which will enable station masters to set 800 different routes for trains in a matter of minutes. Interlocking is a railway signal apparatus that prevents conflicting movements of trains. Asia’s largest Solid State Interlocking (SSI) system has been installed in Kharagpur at a cost of Rs 39 crore. The cutting-edge technology replaces the pre-1989 route relay system that only allowed operators to set maximum 423 routes. The new system ensures that no cross-movement takes place.
- The Centre suggested which state government to enhance its rural road construction target under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) to 10,000 km from 7,000 km during the current fiscal year?
5. KeralaAnswer – 3. Odisha
The Centre suggested to the Odisha government to enhance its rural road construction target under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) to 10,000 km from 7,000 km during the current fiscal year. Union Secretary to Rural Development Minister Amarjit Sinha made the suggestions to Odisha after attending a high level review meeting held under the chairmanship of Odisha Chief Secretary A P Padhi. The Odisha government had earlier set a target to construct 7,000 km roads during this fiscal. So far, around 42,058 km of road have been completed connecting 13,063 habitations under PMGSY.
- In which Indian city, the 8th edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit-2017 will be held at?
5. SrinagarAnswer – 2. Hyderabad
The 8th edition of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit-2017 will be held from 28th to 30th November 2017 at Hyderabad. The summit is being co-hosted by India and the USA. For the first time, it is being held in South Asia. The theme of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit-2017 is ‘Women First, Prosperity for All’. The event will focus on supporting women entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth globally. It will focus on four areas- Energy and Infrastructure, Digital Economy and Financial Technology, Health and Life Sciences and Media and Entertainment.
- Union Government has promulgated the Indian Forest (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 to exempt _______ trees grown in non-forest areas from definition of tree?
1. Dragon Tree
2. Common Reed
3. Japanese Knotweed
5. BambooAnswer – 5. Bamboo
Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan has stated that Union Government has promulgated the Indian Forest (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 to exempt bamboo grown in non-forest areas from definition of tree. This ordinance is aimed at increasing bamboo plantation.Taxonomically, bamboo is a grass, yet Indian Forest Act, 1927 defines it as tree, making it illegal to cut and transport bamboo grown in forest as well as non-forest land.
- In which part of India, Ministry of Home Affairs conducted a Multi State Mega Mock Tsunami Exercise 2017?
5. North EastAnswer – 1. East
Ministry of Home Affairs conducted a multi-State mega mock exercise on tsunami preparedness along the East Coast of India. This exercise was conducted through National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)in 31 coastal districts across four States – West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu – and Union Territory Puducherry. Tsunami is a highly devastating natural hazard triggered by tectonic movement under the sea. All the above mentioned states along East Coast of India are particularly vulnerable to Tsunami.
- “North East Rural Livelihood Project”, an exclusive rural Livelihood scheme for the North-eastern states of India is supported by which organisation?
4. World Bank
5. RBIAnswer – 4. World Bank
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh announced “North East Rural Livelihood Project”, an exclusive rural Livelihood scheme for the North-eastern states of India. This scheme has been launched to benefit the tribals and the lower socioeconomic groups, including women, in the North-Eastern Region of India. This project is being supported by World Bank. Initially, this scheme will be rolled out to help tribal and even the non-tribal lower groups living in remote areas of four North-Eastern Indian States – Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- As per a report by ‘Sheatwork’, which Indian state has the highest number of women entrepreneurs?
4. Tamil Nadu
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer –4. Tamil Nadu
As per a report by ‘Sheatwork’, a knowledge hub for women entrepreneurs, among all Indian States, Tamil Nadu has the highest number of women entrepreneurs followed by Kerala and West Bengal.The report by ‘Sheatwork’ has outlined that nearly 80 per cent of women entrepreneurs in India are self-financing their businesses. Very few women entrepreneurs have availed financial aid through various government schemes. Among all State Governments, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Karnataka and West Bengal are currently offering the maximum number of schemes for women entrepreneurs.
- To which state, the Central Government approved infrastructure projects worth Rs 1 lakh crore which includes highways and shipping as well as projects catering to irrigation and drinking water requirements?
3. Tamil Nadu
5. TripuraAnswer – 3. Tamil Nadu
Central Government approved infrastructure projects worth Rs 1 lakh crore in Tamil Nadu.These approved projects include highways and shipping as well as projects catering to irrigation and drinking water requirements in Tamil Nadu. Union Road Transport and Shipping Minister, Nitin Gadkari was on a visit to Chennai on November 23, 2017. During this visit, he announced highway projects worth Rs 40,000 crore under the Bharatmala highway construction program.
- Which country has written a letter to United Nations (UN) urging to declare 2018 as the ‘International Year of Millets’?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 2. India
Indian Government has written a letter to United Nations (UN) urging to declare 2018 as the ‘International Year of Millets’. If this request is accepted by UN, it will help in spreading awareness about nutritional value of millets across the world. Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh wrote a letter to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres stating that there is a need to promote millets as awareness is low among consumers, policy makers as well as food industry. In terms of nutritional value, millets are superior to wheat and rice as it contains higher level of protein with more balanced amino acid profile, crude fibre and minerals
- According to QS University Rankings: BRICS 2018, which University has been ranked among the Top 10 Private education Institutions in India?
1. Ashoka University
2. Jindal Global University
3. Apeejay Stya University
4. Northcap University
5. Shiv Nadir UniversityAnswer – 2. Jindal Global University
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) has been ranked among the Top 10 Private education Institutions in India in ‘QS University Rankings: BRICS 2018’. QS University Ranking BRICS 2018 edition was released in New Delhi on November 23, 2017 by Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC), Professor (Dr.) V.S. Chauhan. These rankings provides insights into the relative strengths and weaknesses of leading education institutions in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS).
- For what reason, President Ram Nath Kovind gave his consent to an ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC)?
1. To prevent misuse of IBC
2. To activate the unused accounts
3. To safeguards the customer details
4. To increase the Authenticity
5. To develop customer relationshipAnswer –1. To prevent misuse of IBC
President Ram Nath Kovind gave his consent to an ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC). This ordinance will now be presented in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament. The provisions of this ordinance are aimed towards preventing misuse of IBC by unscrupulous, undesirable persons. Wilful defaulters, whose accounts have been classified as non-performing assets (NPAs) for one year or more and are unable to settle their overdue amounts including interest will be considered ineligible to be a ‘resolution applicant.’
- Which bank launched ‘YONO’, India’s first integrated lifestyle and banking app?
1. HDFC bank
2. IDBI bank
3. Kotak Mahindra bank
4. Corporation bank
5. SBIAnswer – 5. SBI
State Bank of India (SBI) unveiled ‘YONO’, India’s first integrated lifestyle and banking app. YONO was launched by Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley. Abbreviation YONO stands for ‘You Only Need One’. YONO is the first digital banking platform which not only has a range of banking and financial services but also provides customised products and offers from over 60 e-commerce companies by using advanced analytics.
- Which Insurance company has launched ‘Pro-fit’, a platform that will act as a one-stop solution to all the health-record tracking needs of customers?
1. HDFC Life
2. Bajaj Allianz
3. Aviva India
4. Sun Life Financial
5. Peerless GrouAnswer – 2. Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has launched ‘Pro-fit’, a platform that will act as a one-stop solution to all the health-record tracking needs of customers. Pro-Fit is available on Bajaj Allianz General Insurance’s self-service app ‘Insurance Wallet’ and can also be accessed on the company website. Customers can store their health records, track their fitness levels, and get reminders for vaccinations or medications.
- RBI relaxes ___% debt-equity conversion cap for asset reconstruction companies (ARC’s)?
5. 6%Answer – 2. 26%
Reserve Bank issued a notification which relaxed norms capping asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) shareholdings at 26 per cent in the borrower firm under reconstruction. However, this relaxation is subject to the condition that the net-owned funds are maintained at Rs 100 crore on an ongoing basis. As per earlier provisions, ARCs could convert a portion of the debt into equity of the borrower company only to the extent of 26 per cent of the revamped equity capital.
- Which bank launched “Smart Banking 24X7” e-lobbies, in the Mumbai suburbs of Juhu and Powai?
1. Corporation Bank
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank
5. United Bank of IndiaAnswer – 4. Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) launched “Smart Banking 24X7” e-lobbies, in the Mumbai suburbs of Juhu and Powai. “Smart Banking 24×7” e-Lobbies gives customers the freedom to complete banking transactions at any hour of the day as per their convenience. It offers 24×7 access to a range of banking services such as cash withdrawals, cash deposits and cheque deposits.
- Which Bank celebrated its Founder’s Day by rolling out several initiatives such as app and digital library and benefits for its staff?
1. Canara bank
2. Federal bank
4. Indian Postal Payment bank
5. Dena bankAnswer – 1. Canara bank
On November 19, 2017, Canara Bank celebrated its Founder’s Day by rolling out several initiatives and benefits for its staff. Canara Bank was founded on July 1, 1906, by late Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, at Mangaluru. Several initiative including a Canarites app, a digital library, a field recovery mobile app, a retail loan (vehicle) – tracking system, and a regulatory guidance tracking system were launched on this occasion. Currently, Canara Bank has a clientele base of over eight crore.
- Name the transport Technologies who partnered with Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) to add electric vehicles on its platform in India?
5. MyCabsAnswer –1. Uber
Uber Technologies partners with Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) to add electric vehicles on its platform in India. Uber will deploy hundreds of electric vehicles in Delhi and Hyderabad, and will consider adding the cars in other cities across India. Mahindra’s electric vehicles on the Uber platform will include the e2oPlus hatchback and the eVerito sedan.
- Who wins the best actor award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards in Brisbane, Australia?
1. Andrew Garfield
2. Sunny Pawar
3. Abel Muzorewa
4. Rajkummar Rao
5. Ian SmithAnswer – 4. Rajkummar Rao
Bollywood movie ‘Newton’ secured two wins with Rajkummar Rao winning the best actor award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards in Brisbane, Australia. For ‘Newton’, Rajkummar Rao won the best actor award and Mayank Tewari and Amit V. Masurkar secured the best screenplay honour. Newton was produced by Drishyam Films and directed by Amit V. Masurkar. The movie revolves around a young government clerk who is sent on election duty to a Maoist-controlled town and how the ideological struggle puts him in an awkward situation.
- Who became Zimbabwe’s second president since independence in 1980?
1. Canaan Banana
2. Emmerson Mnangagwa
3. Charles Coghlan
4. Ian Smith
5. Godfrey HugginsAnswer – 2. Emmerson Mnangagwa
Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe’s second president since independence in 1980. Emmerson Mnangagwa took his oath of office in front of tens of thousands of Zimbabweans at National Sports Stadium in Harare. He received a 21-gun salute, firing of a cannon and a military aircraft fly past, in a colorful ceremony attended by African leaders and other dignitaries to mark the historic moment.
- The world’s smallest tape recorder was made of ____?
5. ArchaeaAnswer – 1. Bacteria
Columbia University researchers have converted a bacterial immune system into the world’s smallest data recorder. The researchers at the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) in the US modified an ordinary laboratory strain of the human gut microbe Escherichia coli, using CRISPR gene-editing method. This enabled the bacteria to not only record their interactions with the environment but also time-stamp the events.
- In which Indian state, the Delta Corp Limited claimed to have set up the first casino game training course centre?
5. UttarkhandAnswer – 2. Goa
Delta Corp Limited claimed to have set up the first casino game training course centre in India, at Goa.The casino game training courses were set up in 2013 as a part of Delta Corp Limited’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Goa. Anil Malani, President Delta Corp Ltd said that, they have a designated batch of 20 courses which is absolutely free. Also, after passing the course, most of the students get recruited in premier hotels like Hyatt or Taj.
- The sixth edition of Swimmathon, the open water swimming competition, is to be held at?
5. JharkhandAnswer – 3. Goa
The sixth edition of Swimmathon, open water swimming competition, is to be held at Colva beach in South Goa on 3 December, 2017. The Swimmathon had been accredited by the Swimming Federation of India as the national selection trials. Olympian Virdhawal Khade is the brand ambassador of Swimmathon. Swimmathon is organized by Square Off Sports. This year the event will have four categories which includes 10K and 5K for both men and women.
- What is the rank of Indian football team in the latest FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings?
5. 10thAnswer – 3. 105th
The Indian football team remained static at 105th in the latest FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings. India drew with Myanmar 2-2 in the AFC Asian Cup qualifiers at the Sri Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore during this ranking period. Among the Asian Football Confederation countries, the Indian team occupies 15th position, ahead of Jordan, North Korea and Bahrain. Iran led the Asian rankings and world champions Germany are on top of world rankings.
- Which state launched Youth Women’s World Championships 2017?
5. BiharAnswer –2. Assam
Youth Women’s World Championships 2017 is held in Guwahati, Assam. The World Youth Women’s Boxing Championship 2017 was inauguratedat Md. Toyabullah Hockey Stadium in Bhetapara by Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal. It is organised by AIBA (International Boxing Association). Over 150 boxers from 38 countries are competing in the event, being held in India for the first time. So far, Indian boxers have given their best ever performance at the AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships, adding 7 medals to India.