AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 22 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In Which Indian City, The Conference Of All Commanders Of Eastern Air Command Was Held At?
5. SrinagarAnswer 2. Shillong
Explanation Conference Of All Commanders Of Eastern Air Command Was Held At Shillong. Chief Of The Air Staff (CAS), Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa Addressed The EAC Commanders. The Conference Was Hosted By Air Marshal Anil Khosla, Air Officer Commanding-In-Chief, Eastern Air Command. Mrs. Kamalpreet Dhanoa, President Of Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA) Also Participated. A Ceremonial Guard Of Honour Was Also Presented To The CAS On His Arrival At Shillong.
- In Order To Protect The Marine Ecology, What Was Banned On The Mechanised Fishing Vessels?
1. LED Lights
2. Halogen Lights
4. Stern Light
5. Bulb LightAnswer 1. LED Lights
Explanation: On The World Fisheries Day (21st November 2017), Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh Said, The Centre Has Banned Use Of LED Lights And Other Artificial Lights On Mechanised Fishing Vessels In Order To Protect The Marine Ecology. The Government Has Also Prohibited The Practice Of Bull-Trawling, Purse Seining And Gill Netting Operations In The Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) Beyond Territorial Waters. A Notification In This Regard Has Been Issued On 10th November 2017.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Approved The ‘Wage Policy’ Framework For The 8th Round Of Wage Negotiations For Workmen In ______________?
1. Central Public Sector Enterprises (Cpses)
2. State Public Sector Enterprises (Cpses)
3. IT Companies
4. Factories And Industries
5. Government OfficesAnswer 1. Central Public Sector Enterprises (Cpses)
Explanation Union Cabinet Chaired By Prime Minister Narendra Modiapproved The ‘Wage Policy’ Framework For The 8th Round Of Wage Negotiations For Workmen In Central Public Sector Enterprises (Cpses). This Decision Will Impact 9.35 Lakh Unionised Workmen In Central Public Sector Enterprises. Wage Revision Of Unionised Workmen Is Decided Through Negotiations By Trade Unions And Managements Of Cpses. The Terms Of Guidelines For Wage Negotiations Are Issued By The Department Of Public Enterprises (DPE).
- In Which City, The International Seminar On Indian Space Programme: ‘Trends And Opportunities For Industry’ Was Inaugurated?
2. New Delhi
5. TrichyAnswer 2. New Delhi
Explanation International Seminar On Indian Space Programme: ‘Trends And Opportunities For Industry’ Was Inaugurated In New Delhi On November 20, 2017. The Seminar Was Jointly Organised By Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Antrix Corporation Limited (The Commercial Arm Of ISRO) And Federation Of Indian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry (FICCI).
- Which Indian State Hosted The First- Ever North East Development Summit (NEDS) 2017?
5. ManipurAnswer 5. Manipur
Explanation Manipur Hosted The First- Ever North East Development Summit (NEDS) 2017 In Imphal On21st And 22nd November, 2017. NEDS 2017 Was Jointly Organised By Manipur State Government In Collaboration With Union Commerce Ministry And India Foundation President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurated The Summit On November 21, 2017. Objective Of This Summit Was To Showcase The Economic Potential And To Attract Investments In Food Processing, Bamboo Industry, Real Estate And Other Businesses Within The State.
- In Which City, Zurich-Based Global Think-Tank Horasis’ First Asia Meet Will Be Held At?
5. MumbaiAnswer 4. Kolkata
Explanation Zurich-Based Global Think-Tank Horasis’ First Asia Meet Will Be Held In Kolkata, West Bengal On 26th And 27th November, 2017. This Event Will Be Organised In Partnership With West Bengal State Government. Over 350 Business Leaders From Across 65 Countries Are Expected To Attend This Event. Besides, West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee, Assam Chief Minister, Sarbananda Sonowal Is Expected To Attend The Event.
- What Is The Rating Given To India By Organisation For Economic Co-Operation And Development (OECD) In Meeting International Standards For Exchange Of Tax Information?
2. Largely Compliant
3. Over Compliant
5. BetterAnswer 2. Largely Compliant
Explanation In A Set Of Peer Review Reports Released By Organisation For Economic Co-Operation And Development (OECD), India Has Slipped From A Rating Of ‘Compliant’ To An Overall Rating Of ‘Largely Compliant’ In Meeting International Standards For Exchange Of Tax Information. This Peer Review Was Conducted For The Period July 1, 2013 To June 30, 2016.It Has Been Suggested That Indian Tax Authorities Should Ensure The Quality Of The Exchange Of Information (Eoi) Requests Sent To Foreign Tax Authorities And Should Carry Out Efficient Communication With Its Eoi Partners For All Cases.
- Which State Government, Launched Pattabhi Sitaramayya-Self Business Group (PS-SBG) Scheme, A Loan Scheme For Rural Women In The State, Who Want To Start Their Own Businesses?
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. GujaratAnswer 3. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, N Chandrababu Naidulaunched Pattabhi Sitaramayya-Self Business Group (PS-SBG) Scheme, A Loan Scheme For Rural Women In The State, Who Want To Start Their Own Businesses. Under This Scheme, Andhra Bank Would Extend Working Capital And Term Loan Up To Rs. 25 Lakh To The Group Or In Individual Capacity Within Group.This Scheme Has Been Launched To Commemorate 138th Birth Anniversary Of Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya, The Founder Of Andhra Bank.
- Name The App Which Announced Its Tie-Up With Airtel Payments Bank For Its Mobile Wallet Product?
5. TelegramAnswer 2. Hike
Explanation Messaging App Hike Announced That It Has Entered Into A Tie-Up With Airtel Payments Bank For Its Mobile Wallet Product. Owing To This Tie-Up, Users Of Hike Messenger Will Now Have Access To Airtel Payments Bank’s Vast Product Line Including Merchant And Utility Payments. From Airtel Payments Bank’s Perspective, This Tie-Up Will Be Beneficial As It Will Get Access To Over 100 Million Users On Hike.
- In Which Indian City, The Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare Organized A One-Day National Workshop To Promote The Male Participation In Family Planning?
3. New Delhi
5. SrinagarAnswer 3. New Delhi
Explanation Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare Organized A One-Day National Workshop On The Promotion Of Male Participation In Family Planning In New Delhi. This Workshop Was A Precursor And Curtain Raiser To The ‘Vasectomy Fortnight’ Which Is Being Observed From 21st November 2017 To 4th December 2017 Across All States And Union Territories In India. Objective Of ‘Vasectomy Fortnight’ Is To Spread Awareness On Male Sterilization And Thereby Improve Its Acceptance In The Community.
- India Becomes ______ Largest Fish Producing Country In The World?
5. FifthAnswer 2. Second
Explanation On November 21, 2017 (On The Occasion Of ‘World Fisheries Day’), Union Agriculture Minister, Radhan Mohan Singh Stated That India Has Become The Second Largest Fish Producing Country In The World.Total Fish Production In India (Including Capture And Culture) Reached 11.41 Million Tonnes In 2016-17. Mr. Singh Mentioned That ‘Blue Revolution’ Scheme Which Was Launched With The Outlay Of Rs. 300 Crore For The Integrated Development Of The Fisheries Sector In India Has Resulted In Overall Increase In Fish Production By 18.86% As Compared To Last Three Years.
- Which IIT Have Won The Prestigious NITI Aayog Prize In The Inaugural Edition Of The Proffer Hackathon Held At Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) In New Delhi?
1. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Delhi (IIITM-D)
2. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Kerala (IIITM-K)
3. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Bombay (IIITM-B)
4. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Kharagpur (IIITM-K)
5. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Guwahati (IIITM-G)Answer 2. Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Kerala (IIITM-K)
Explanation Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) Have Won The Prestigious NITI Aayog Prize In The Inaugural Edition Of The Proffer Hackathon Held At Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) – New Delhi. This Hackathon Was Organised By NITI Aayog Along With Proffer At IIT Delhi From Nov 10-13, 2017. Proffer Is A Blockchain Startup Founded By Graduates Of Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT) And Harvard.
- Which Book Was Awarded Best Book Of The Year 2017?
1. YV Reddy’s ‘Advice And Dissent: My Life In Public Service’
2. Age Of Anger: A History Of The Present
3. A Deep Natural History Of The Indian Subcontinent
4. Son Of The Thundercloud
5. The Story Of A Brief MarriageAnswer 2. Age Of Anger: A History Of The Present
Explanation At The Tata Literature Live! Awards, Pankaj Mishra’s ‘Age Of Anger: A History Of The Present’ Was Named As Best Book Of The Year 2017. The Winners Of The Tata Literature Live! Awards Were Announced At The End Of The Four-Day-Long Literary Festival, On November 19, 2017 In Mumbai. In The Non-Fiction Category, Pankaj Mishra’s ‘Age Of Anger: A History Of The Present’, Which Seeks To Answer Why Our World Is Consumed By Fury And Discontentment, Was Named Best Book Of The Year 2017.
- Who Bagged The Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2017 Award?
1. Anuk Arudpragasam
2. Helen Dunmore
3. Iris Salma
4. Dorothy Canfield
5. Caldecott MedalAnswer 1. Anuk Arudpragasam
Explanation Sri Lankan Author Anuk Arudpragasam Has Bagged The Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2017 For His Debut Novel “The Story Of A Brief Marriage”, Set In The Backdrop Of The Civil War. The Jury Of Kamila Shamsie, Rohini Mohan And Margaret Mascarenhas Chose Arudpragasam’s Book “The Story Of A Brief Marriage” As The Recipient Of Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2017. The Shakti Bhatt Prize Was Set Up In 2008 In Memory Of Young Writer Shakti Bhatt To Encourage Authors From The Sub-Continent. The Prize Is A Cash Award Of Rs 2 Lakh And A Trophy.
- Name The Zimbabwean President Who Was Ruling Since Independence And Resigned In 2017?
1. Robert Mugabe
2. Morgan Tsvangirai
3. Canaan Banana
4. Charles Coglan
5. Ian SmithAnswer 1. Robert Mugabe
Explanation Robert Mugabe, Who Ruled Zimbabwe Since Independence In 1980 Resigned As President, Ending His 37 Year Rule. A Letter From Robert Mugabe Read Out By The Speaker Of Parliament Said The Decision Was Voluntary And He Had Made It To Allow A Smooth Transfer Of Power. His Resignation Has Halted An Impeachment Hearing That Had Begun Against Him. Robert Mugabe Is 93 Years Old.
- Which State Government Launched Free Learning App ‘Dishari’ For Competitive Exams?
5. HaryanaAnswer 4. Rajasthan
Explanation On 21st November 2017, Rajasthan’s Higher And Technical Education Minister Kiran Maheshwari Launched ‘Dishari’, An Educational Mobile Application That Provides Free Study Materials For Youths Preparing For Competitive Examinations.The App Features Interactive Quizzes With Questions Related To Mathematics, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Computers, Reasoning, And Economics.The App Will Also Provide Latest Updates And Job Alerts. Kiran Maheshwari Said The App Would Be Of Great Benefit To The Students Who Cannot Afford Massive Sums Of Money To Join Coaching Centers.
- Which Space Organisation has Completed The First Test Of Its Mars 2020 Mission’s Parachute-Testing Series?
5. Italian Space AgencyAnswer 2. NASA
Explanation NASA (National Aeronautics And Space Administration) Has Completed The First Test Of Its Mars 2020 Mission’s Parachute-Testing Series, The Advanced Supersonic Parachute Inflation Research Experiment (ASPIRE).The Test Began With A 58-Foot-Tall Black Brant IX Sounding Rocket Launch And Upper-Atmosphere Flight Last Month From The NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Wallops Flight Facility In Wallops Island, Virginia.
- Which State Government Launched A New Portal ‘Arpana’ For Online Processing Of Applications For Pension Revision In Respect Of Pre-2016 Pensioners?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. HaryanaAnswer 1. Odisha
Explanation Odisha Government Launched A New Portal ‘Arpana’ For Online Processing Of Applications For Pension Revision In Respect Of Pre-2016 Pensioners. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Launched ‘Arpana’ Portal At The Secretariat In The Presence Of Finance Minister Shashibhusan Behera And Chief Secretary AP Padhi. Naveen Patnaik Said That, All Pension Disbursing Authorities, Treasuries, Special Treasuries, Accountant General, Orissa And Controller Of Accounts, Orissa Will Work On The Portal For Processing The Pension Applications.
- Name The Supersonic Cruise Missile Which Was Successfully Test Fired For The First Time From The Indian Air Force’s Frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI Combat Jet.
5. BarakAnswer 3. Brahmos
Explanation Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile Was Successfully Test Fired For The First Time From The Indian Air Force’s Frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI Combat Jet. This Test Has Not Only Increased The Strike Power Of Indian Air Force, But Has Also Accomplished The Triad (Capability To Launch From Air, Sea And Land) For Brahmos Missile. During This Latest Test, Brahmos Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) Hit A Sea-Based Target In The Bay Of Bengal From The Combat Jet. With Strike Range Of 290 Km And Weighing 2.5 Ton, Brahmos ALCM Is The Heaviest Weapon To Be Deployed On India’s Sukhoi-30 MKI Combat Jet.
- Name The First Indian Mission To Study The Sun.
5. Sunearth-1Answer 4. Aditya-L1
Explanation ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) Satellite Centre Director Mylswamy Annadurai Recently Revealed Its Plans To Launch ‘Aditya-L1’, The First Indian Mission To Study The Sun, By The Year 2019 – 2020. The Aditya-1 Mission Was Conceived As A 400kg Class Satellite Carrying One Payload, The Visible Emission Line Coronagraph (VELC) And Was Planned To Launch In A 800 Km Low Earth Orbit. A Satellite Placed In The Halo Orbit Around The Lagrangian Point 1 (L1) Of The Sun-Earth System Has The Major Advantage Of Continuously Viewing The Sun Without Any Eclipses.
- In Which Indonesian Island, Mount Agung Is Located?
5. FloresAnswer 1. Bali
Explanation Mount Agung, A Volcano On The Indonesian Island Of Bali Has Erupted For The First Time In More Than 54 Years. As A Result Of Eruption, Ash Clouds Shot Up To 700 Metres In The Indonesian Sky. Due To Increasing Volcanic Activity In The Recent Months, More Than 1.4 Lakh People Have Evacuated Their Homes. Bali Is A Famous Tourist Destination. Evacuations Due To This Volcanic Activity, Has Also Inflicted Substantial Loss In Terms Of Tourist Revenue And Loss Of Productivity Of Locals.
- Who Is Della Reese?
5. JourenalistAnswer 3. Singer
Explanation Della Reese, The Popular TV Actress On “Touched By An Angel” And One Of The Pioneers Of Jazz Music In 1950s-’60s, Died At Her Home In California. Della Reese’s Husband Franklin Lett And Her Family Said That, Della Reese Passed Away Peacefully At Her California Home. Della Reese Was Mainly Known As A Singer, Before She Debuted In “Touched By An Angel” In 1994. She Appeared On Numerous Shows Such As Night Court, L.A. Law, And Designing Women.
- What Profession does Habibullah Basha Belongs To?
5. DirectorAnswer 2. Lawyer
Explanation Veteran Lawyer Habibullah Basha, One Of The Finest Jurists Of The Madras Bar, Passed Away In Chennai After A Prolonged Illness. Habibullah Basha Was A Philanthropist And Founder-Director Of The Apollo Hospitals. He Was 84 Years Old. He Died At His House In Chennai. He Is Survived By Wife Shyamala Basha, A Son And Two Daughters.