AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Which state topped among the Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019 ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
Explanation:On the occasion of World Toilet Day (November 20, 2019), the Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019 were conferred upon top-ranked states, Union Territories (UTs), and districts in the various categories by Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowdaand,The Union Minister of the Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers & Union Minister of State of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, New Delhi.The top ranked States and Districts which received awards are as below:
Rank States Districts 1 Tamil Nadu Peddapalli, Telangana 2 Haryana Faridabad, Haryana 3 Gujarat Rewari, Haryana
- Which district was conferred with the award of top district of India in terms of sanitation and cleanliness in Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019 ?
1) Peddapalli, Telangana
2) Faridabad, Haryana
3) Patan, Gujarat
4) Khunti, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Peddapalli, Telangana
Peddapalli district of Telangana was conferred with the award of top district of India in terms of sanitation and cleanliness. Faridabad of Haryana and Rewari bagged the 2nd and 3rd place respectively in Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019.
- Name the first city in India that installed first of its kind high-end Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Machines for quick detection of diseases such as dengue, tuberculosis (TB) and swine flu .
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Kolkata, West Bengal
On November 19,Kolkata has installed four Third Umpire Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction(RT-PCR) machines as an initiative of a project at Hatibagan in North Kolkata, Behala, Jadavpur and Haji Mohammad Mohsin square in central park of the city. The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) has taken a major step towards public health by installing the RT-PCR in India.
- How many days will be exempted for foreigners, who seeks indoor treatment in a hospital due to illness as per the new notification ?
1) 45 days
2) 180 days
3) 90 days
4) 120 days
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 180 days
On November 19, 2010 the consulate general of India in Dubai in its notification announced exemption of getting primary Indian visa converted to Medical visa for foreigners (except Pakistani National) seeking medical treatment in India. This was announced after the implementation of liberalized medical visa policy. As per the notification, the exemption will be applicable to foreigners seeking indoor treatment of upto 180 days in a hospital due to illness. Medical visa requirement: A medical visa is however required in case of treatment of disease which require organ transplant.
- Where was the 29th edition of the Regional Contact Points(RCP) meeting of the Asia Pacific(A/P) region of the World Customs Organisation(WCO) for the year 2019 held ?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Puducherry
The 29th edition of the Regional Contact Points(RCP) meeting of the Asia Pacific(A/P) region of the World Customs Organisation(WCO) was held in Puducherry from November 18-20, 2019. The meeting was organised by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) of India.The meeting was inaugurated and chaired by Shri Raj Kumar Barthwal, Member (Customs) CBIC.
- Which city hosted the World Conference on Access to Medical Products 2019 ?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Washington D.C., United States
3) Beijing, China
4) Tokyo, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer-1) New Delhi, India
On November 19, 2019,The Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Dr. Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated 3-day long World Conference on Access to Medical Products 2019 in New Delhi from November 19- 21, 2019.
- What was the theme of the “World Conference on Access to Medical Products 2019” ?
1) Theme – “Opportunities in Modern Healthcare for Young minds and Businesses”
2) Theme – “Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World”
3) Theme – “Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”
4) Theme – “Achieving the SDGs (sustainable development goals) 2030”
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Theme – “Achieving the SDGs (sustainable development goals) 2030”
On November 19, 2019,The Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Dr. Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated 3-day long World Conference on Access to Medical Products 2019 based on the theme “Achieving the SDGs (sustainable development goals) 2030” held in New Delhi from November 19- 21, 2019. The Conference was organized with the aim to boost innovative thinking around issues surrounding provisioning of affordable, quality medical products as part of public health care delivery systems.
- Where was the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved setting up of National Institute for Sowa-Rigpa (NISR) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Leh
CCEA has approved establishment of National Institute for Sowa-Rigpa (NISR) in Leh as an autonomous organization at an estimated cost of Rs 47.25 crore under the Ministry of AYUSH (Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homoeopathy).
- What are the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) that received ‘In-principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) ?
1) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. (SCI)
2) Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR), North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO)
3) Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Limited (THDCIL)
4) Both 1 and 2
5) All the aboveAnswer-5) All the above
CCEA has given ‘In-principle’ approval for strategic disinvestment in 5 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs). The 5 CPSEs are as follows, i.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), The sale of stake in BPCL would exclude the company’s Numaligarh Refinery Ltd(NRL) in Assam. The 61% stake of BPCL in NRL will be moved to another govt. entity operating in the oil and natural gas sector. ii.Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. (SCI).Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR) iv.Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Limited (THDCIL) and v.North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO).
- Which country’s International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009 can be accessed as per cabinet approval on November 20, 2019 ?
3) Hong Kong
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Hong Kong
The CCEA has approved the proposal for enactment of the Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 and accession to the Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009. Under the Recycling of Ships Bill 2019, the govt. will provide regulations of recycling of ships by setting international standards. A statutory mechanism for enforcement of the standard will also be set up.
- Which two countries has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism ?
1) India and Finland
2) India and Comoros
3) India and Sweden
4) India and Poland
5) None of theseAnswer-1) India and Finland
The CCEA has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Finland for strengthening the cooperation in the field of tourism. Objective of the MoU: Under the MoU both the nations will cooperate together in making policy regulation, sharing data, knowledge, expertise in the field of tourism.
- Under which field, India and Comoros have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on October 11, 2019 in Moroni ?
1) In the field of Education
2) In the field of Infrastructure
3) In the field of Agriculture
4) In the field of Health and Medicine
5) None of theseAnswer-4) In the field of Health and Medicine
The CCEA has approved the MoU signed between India and Comoros in the field of health and medicine. The MoU was signed by both the nations on October 11, 2019 in Moroni, Comoros during Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to the country. Objective under MoU: Under the MoU, both the nations will cooperate to provide training and capacity building, strengthen hospital management, focus on Oncology (branch of medicine dealing with prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer) and palliative care (relieving pain without dealing with the cause of the condition) areas etc.
- Who addressed the 4th edition of annual India-Singapore Defence Ministers’ Dialogue 2019 in Singapore ?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Rajnath Singh
The Defence Minister of India ,Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh paid a 2-day (November 19-20, 2019) official bilateral visit to Singapore to attend 4th edition of annual India-Singapore Defence Ministers’ Dialogue 2019. This is Rajnath’s 1st visit to Singapore in his capacity as Defence Minister in line with the Modi government’s Act East policy to boost cooperation with Singapore across various sectors.
- Which finance entities board was taken over by Reserve Bank of India on November 20, 2019 ?
1) PNB Housing Finance Limited (PNBHFL)
2) LIC Housing Finance Limited (LICHFL)
3) Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL)
4) Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited (IHFL)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL)
On November 20, 2019, In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 45-IE (I) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has superseded the board of deposit-taking housing finance company- Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL), which is struggling with difficulties due to administrative concerns and default of several loans. Along with this, RBI has appointed R Subramaniakumar, former managing director (MD) & chief executive of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), as the administrator of DHFL under Section 45-IE (2) of the Act.
- For which class, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) notifies Regulations for Insolvency Resolution Process and Bankruptcy Proceedings?
1) Personal guarantors to corporate debtors
2) Partnership firms and proprietorship firms
3) Other individuals
4) All of the above
5) None of the aboveAnswer-1) Personal guarantors to corporate debtors
On November 20, 2019, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has notified Regulations for Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy Proceedings of Personal Guarantors to Corporate Debtors (CDs). This has been done on the sidelines of the notification by Central Government on proceedings of Personal Debtors to Corporate Debtors. These provisions would be effective from December 1.
- What is the maximum time limit given by Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) to banks if any listed companies hadn’t pay the debt after 30 days ?
1) 24 hours
2) 12 hours
3) 18 hours
4) 6 hours
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 24 hours
On November 20, 2019, The Regulator for the Securities market in India, SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) has approved strict provision criteria for listed companies on debt default. As per new rules, the listed company will have to inform SEBI within 24 hours after the completion of the 30-day period for any loan default. This rule will come into effect from January 1, 2020. This means that if a listed company is unable to repay the principal or interest of the loan taken from the bank on the due date, it will have to make this information public within the next 24 hours after the completion of 30 days.
- Who topped the list of fortune’s businessperson of the year 2019 ?
1) Margaret Keane
2) Brian Niccol
3) Elizabeth Gaines
4) Satya Nadella
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Satya Nadella
Explanation:Satya Nadela the CEO of Microsoft corporation tops the list of fortune’s businessperson of the year 2019. Fortune is an American multinational business magazine. Fortune’s businessperson of the year 2019 includes 20 business leaders who have excelled in the business world, the list also includes three other business personalities of Indian origin. List of fortune’s businessperson of the year 2019:
Rank Name Designation & Co. 1 Satya Nadella CEO, Microsoft (Indian origin) 2 Elizabeth Gaines CEO, Fortescue Metals Group 3 Brian Niccol CEO, Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Who was appointed as the 23rd Prime Minister of Sri Lanka ?
1) Sirimavo Bandaranayake
2) Percy Mahinda Rajapaksa
3) Ratnasiri Wickremanayake
4) D. M. Jayaratne
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Percy Mahinda Rajapaksa
On November 21, 2019, Percy Mahinda Rajapaksa, 74 has been pledged as the 23rd Prime Minister of Sri Lanka by the president of Sri Lanka Gotabaya Rajapaksa for a 5-year term. He succeeded Ranil Wickremesinghe. Mahinda Rajapaksa is the elder brother of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa. He is the leader of the Sri Lanka People’s Front or Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) party.
- Prithvi-2 missile, that has been test-fired in Chandipur, Odisha is of which type ?
1) Surface-to-Air missile
2) Air-to-Surface missile
3) Surface-to-Surface missile
4) Air-to-Air missile
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Surface-to-Surface missile
On November 20 2019, indigenously developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-2 missile has been successfully test-fired in night from complex-3 of Interim Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. The test was a part of a user trial by an Indian Army. The trial was carried out from a mobile launcher by Strategic Force Command (SFC) of the Army and monitored by scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), off Odisha coast. This was 2nd night trial of this missile after February 21, 2018.
- What is the strike range of the Prithvi-2 missile ?
1) 350 km
2) 500 km
3) 750 km
4) 950 km
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 350 km
On November 20 2019, indigenously developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-2 missile has been successfully test-fired in night from complex-3 of Interim Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. This nine-metre tall has a strike range of 350 km. It is capable of carrying 500-1,000 kg of warheads and is powered by liquid propulsion twin engines. It uses an advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target.
- Who is the author of the Booker-prize shortlisted 1987 Urdu novel “Tazkirah”, which was translated into english by Matt Reeck and titled it as “The Chronicle” ?
1) Faiz Ahmad Faiz
2) Daniyal Mueenuddin
3) Mohammed Hanif
4) Intizar Husain
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Intizar Husain
On November 19, 2019,As per the Publishers Penguin Random House, Booker-prize shortlisted 1987 Urdu novel “Tazkirah” penned by Late Pakistani writer Intizar Husain has been translated into English as “The Chronicle” by American writer Matt Reeck.Tazkirah was initially published by Lahore (Pakistan)-based Sang-e-Meel publications.The book documents Pakistan’s former president Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq rule & chronicles the story of a family and its illustrious homes.
- On which date, World fisheries day is observed ?
1) 20th November
2) 21st November
3) 19th November
4) 18th November
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 21st November
The world fisheries day is celebrated every year on the 21st of November. The day is celebrated to intimate people about the importance of water and the lives it supports, the consequence of overfishing, ocean and coastal pollution and the ill treatment of fishermen.This year the FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization), the Holy See (the jurisdiction of the bishop of Rome) and ILO (International Labour Organization) and its partners celebrate the 3rd world fisheries day.
- World Philosophy day is being observed annually on __________ .
1) 21st November
2) 20th November
3) 19th November
4) 18th November
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 21st November
The world philosophy day is being observed on the 21 November 2019.It is celebrated every year on the 3rd Thursday of November. This day is celebrated to persist the value of philosophy in shaping minds and culture of people. This day was officially announced by UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
- When is the World Television Day observed ?
1) 18th November
2) 19th November
3) 20th November
4) 21st November
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 21st November
The World Television Day is observed annually on November 21 by the United Nations(UN) under the resolution (A/RES/51/205) to highlight the importance of television in generating communication and globalisation. In december 17 1996 in the UN General Assembly (UNGA), the day was decided to be celebrated, to commemorate the day (Nov 21, 1996) on which the World Television Forum was held.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of United Nations General Assembly ? Answer-Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
- Where is the head quarter of World Customs Organisation(WCO) ? Answer-Brussels, Belgium
- Who is the chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) ? Answer-Ajay Tyagi
- What is the Capital and Currency of Finland ? Answer-Capital- Helsinki & Currency- Euro
- Who is the Chairman & Managing director of Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) ? Answer-Kapil Wadhawan
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/november/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try November Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]