AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 21 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was the All India Heads of Police Communication Conference held on 19th and 20th November 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 19th & 20th November 2018, the two day conference was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Communication (I/C) and Railways Shri Manoj Sinha. The motive behind the conference was to bring all the stakeholders together on one platform to address contemporary issues and exchange best practices in all domains of communication and to encourage innovative and modern police communication. The theme of the conference was “Modernization of Police Communication and challenges thereof.” Directorate of Coordination Police Wireless (DCPW), Anand Swaroop was the organiser of the event. Awards will be also be distributed in the different categories of excellence for Imparting Training in field of Communication, Implementing Innovation Solution, Crypto methods for Encryption & Performing State in implementing modern Technology in Police Communication Network. The valedictory function will be addressed by Shri Santosh Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Jual Oram has announced setting up of 36 Ekalavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) in Meghalaya, with a total project cost of _____ rupees?
1) Rs 980 crores
2) Rs 720 crores
3) Rs 650 crores
4) Rs 450 crores
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 720 crores
On 17th November,2018,Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Shri Jual Oram announced setting up of 36 Ekalavya Model Residential Schools(EMRS) in Meghalaya at a cost of Rs.20 crore for each school in 36 Blocks of Meghalaya. “Every block with more than 50 per cent ST population and at least 20,000 tribal people, will have an Ekalavya Model Residential School by 2022,” the Minister said. The total project cost will be around Rs.720 crores. The central government plans to build over 500 such schools across India. At present, there are 192 such schools all over the country. These schools will be on par with Navodaya Vidyalayas and will have special facilities for preserving local art and culture besides providing training in sports and skill development.
- ‘Vajra Prahar’, a 12-day long joint military exercise between India and which country was started in Jaipur, on 19th November 2018?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United States
On November 19 2018 ‘Vajra Prahar’,a 12-day long joint military exercise between India and the United States was started in Jaipur. US contingent comprises of an United States Pacific Commander and 10 other ranks from the Special Forces Group arrived at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges on November 18 and informed Rajasthan Defence PRO Lt Col Sombhit Ghosh for undertaking Joint training with the Indian Special Forces. Both forces train on different aspects including hostage rescue, building intervention, desert survival, medical aid and combat firing and also undertake a three-day outdoor exercise to validate their practices.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi lay the foundation of India’s first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University on 19th November 2018?
1) Surat, Gujarat
2) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
3) Palwal, Haryana
4) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Palwal, Haryana
On 19th November 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation of India’s first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University in Palwal district of Haryana. Prime Minister also inaugurated two projects in Haryana:
• Western Peripheral Expressway (WPE), also known as the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal stretch.
• 3.2 km-long Escorts Mujesar-Ballabgarh corridor of Delhi Metro’s Violet Line
- Where was the 27th BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India and China) Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change held on 19th and 20th November 2018?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 19th and 20th November 2018, the 27th BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India and China) Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change was held in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change of India. Ministers welcomed the 184 ratifications, till date, of the Paris Agreement adopted under the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change). Ministers listed their priorities under the Paris Agreement Work Programme to ensure implementation of the global climate deal after 2020.
- Where was National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) held on 19th and 20th November 2018?
1) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
On 19th & 20th November 2018, Bureau of Police Research & Development in collaboration with Jharkhand Police organised the two days National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) in the state capital of Jharkhand, Ranchi. Around 150 women police personnel from across the country are expected to participate in the event. It is the only national level platform to address the issues of Women Police and create an enabling atmosphere for them to maximize and optimize their professional potential.
- Which film won the ‘Best Film award’ in the 24th edition of Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF 2018) that was held in Kolkata, from 10th to 17th November 2018?
1) The Third Wife
2) Widow of Silence
3) Antony Phiringi
4) The Sweet Requiem
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) The Third Wife
From 10th to 17th November 2018, 24th edition of Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF 2018) was held in Kolkata, West Bengal. Award winners:
• Vietnamese film The Third Wife – Best Film award (Rs 51 lakh)
• Abu Bakr Shawky – Best Director award (Rs 21 lakh)
• Widow of Silence – Hiralal Sen Memorial Award for Best Film in Indian Language category
• Arijit Biswas – Hiralal Sen Memorial Award for Best Director (5 lakh)
• The Sweet Requiem – Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC) Asian Select Award.
- What is the rank of India in Global Annual talent ranking released by renowned IMD Business School, Switzerland, on 20 November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 53
On 20th November 2018,India has slipped two places to rank 53rd Position in Global Annual talent ranking released by renowned IMD Business School, Switzerland on 20 November 2018.Switzerland retained the top Position for the fifth consecutive year.Denmark attained 2nd rank,while Norway attained 3rd Rank. India ranked at 51st Position in 2017. Singapore also topped the Asia region with 13th Rank while China is ranked 39th. India ranked 30th Position in Readiness factor but lags in Investment and Development factor in which it ranked below average 63rd rank.
- Where was the 4th edition of Intex South Asia held on 14th November 2018?
1) Kathmandu, Nepal
2) Dhaka, Bangladesh
3) New Delhi, India
4) Colombo, Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Colombo, Sri Lanka
On 14th November 2018, 4th edition of Intex South Asia was inaugurated by Indian high commissioner to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Intex South Asia is the largest international textile sourcing show in South Asia. It was organized by Worldex India Exhibition and Promotion Pvt. Ltd in partnership with Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL), Retailers Association of India, Clothing Manufacturers Association of India, Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI) etc. More than 200 suppliers from around 15 countries participated. They displayed a huge variety of innovative textiles products like yarns, apparels, denim clothing, accessories etc.
- Which country is rejoining Commonwealth after 2 years of withdrawal?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Maldives
On 19th November 2018, Maldives new President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih made the announcement that Maldives Cabinet approves re-joining of Commonwealth after 2 year of withdrawal. Maldives had left commonwealth in 2016 under the leadership of former President Abdulla Yameen amid speculations of corruption and fraud. The Proposal has been sent to the Maldives parliament for ratification.
- Government of India along with Government of Jharkhand signed a _____ dollar loan Agreement for Jharkhand Power Improvement Project to provide affordable electricity to citizens of Jharkhand, on 20th November 2018?
1) $ 310 million
2) $ 210 million
3) $ 420 million
4) $ 170 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $ 310 million
On 20th November 2018, Government of India along with Government of Jharkhand signed a $310 million Loan Agreement for Jharkhand Power Improvement Project aimed to provide affordable and reliable electricity supply to citizens of Jharkhand. This project is a part of Government of India’s Power for All programlaunched in 2014. The plans aims addition of over 4.5 GW electricity generation capacity by 2022. The Agreement was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of finance, Government of India, Ms Vandana Dadel, secretary, Energy department, Government of Jharkhand and Mr. Junaid Ahmad, country Director, World Bank India. The Agreement will help building new power transmission infrastructure and improves the technical efficiency and commercial performance of the state power corporation.
- Which state government signed a MoU with Airbus Bizlab as per which an Innovation Centre will be set up for planning and executing all the activities to help the startups, on 17th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kerala
On 17th November 2018, Kerala government sign MoU with airbus bizlab, a global aerospace accelerator which is part of Airbus.The MoU was exchanged between Siddharth Balachandran, Leader, Airbus Bizlab India and Dr Saji Gopinath, CEO, Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM), in the presence of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Under the MoU, an Innovation Centre will be set up in Thiruvanthapuram,which will be the nodal body for planning and executing all the activities to help the startups. Airbus BizLab will also provide support and mentoring for Startups in Kerela and conduct regular workshops and discussions with experts from aerospace and defence sectors. The company will also identify opportunities for Kerala to adapt aerospace technologies across sectors and bring all the relevant Airbus teams and startups to demonstrate technologies.
- Name the Indian-American Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Adobe who has been named by Fortune in its 2018 Business Person of the Year list?
1) Shantanu Narayen
2) Ramnath Kataria
3) Vivek Pariwar
4) Shivram Mathavan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shantanu Narayen
Indian-American Shantanu Narayen, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Adobe, has been named by Fortune in its 2018 Business Person of the Year list. The list ranks 20 business executives delivering on the bottom line and beyond. Fifty six year old Shantanu Narayen ranks 12th on the list. The list is topped by Tricia Griffith, CEO of insurance company Progressive. Second and third ranks are occupied by software company VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger, and graphics chipmaker Nvidia CEO, Jensen Huang, respectively.
- Name the first Indian who won Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the year in DP World Tour Championship held in Dubai, on 18thNovember 2018?
1) Akshay Goel
2) Shubhankar Sharma
3) Rajeev Singhania
4) Krish Patil
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shubhankar Sharma
On 18th November 2018, Chandigarh based Young Indian golfer Shubhankar Sharma became the first Indian to win Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the year in DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP held in Dubai.
- Name the independent director of Yes Bank who resigned from his position, on 19th November 2018?
1) R. Chandrashekhar
2) Arun Kumar S
3) Viddhanth Shukla
4) Pramod Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) R. Chandrashekhar
On 19th November 2018, R. Chandrashekhar, an independent director at Yes Bank, resigned from his position. R. Chandrashekhar is the third person to resign from Yes Bank, in the recent time. Non-executive Chairman Ashok Chawla resigned on November 14, 2018. O.P. Bhatt, resigned from the panel set up to find a new CEO, on 15th November 2018. Yes Bank is in the process of finding a new CEO to replace the incumbent CEO, Rana Kapoor.
- Which company will acquire Cylance, an artificial intelligence and cybersecurity company for $1.4 billion, by February 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) BlackBerry
BlackBerry will wholly acquire Cylance, an artificial intelligence and cybersecurity company for $1.4 billion. The deal is expected to close before the end of Blackberry’s current fiscal year in February 2019.
- Researchers from which Institute have devised ‘Decision Support System’ (DSS), a computer programme that will help maximise LPG connections in BPL (Below Poverty Line) households in the ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’?
1) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
2) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
3) Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bengaluru
4) National Institute of Technology, Warrangal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, have devised ‘Decision Support System’ (DSS), a computer programme that will help maximise LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) connections in BPL (Below Poverty Line) households in the ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’. The researchers were led by Prof Manoj Kumar Tiwari of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. DSS has found the optimum number of total (BPL) connections required in a region and the number of dealerships that need to be commissioned in a region over the policy time frame. It can predict how the number of household connections can be increased and the region that contributes most in each zone of LPG distribution.
- Which airport was awarded the champion award for 100 % timely closure of grievances in one year, by Union Minister of Civil Aviation and Commerce & Industry, Suresh Prabhu, on 19th November 2018?
1) Chennai airport
2) Mumbai airport
3) Bengaluru airport
4) Mangaluru airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chennai airport
On 19th November 2018, Union Minister of Civil Aviation and Commerce & Industry, Suresh Prabhu, and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app, in New Delhi. AirSewa 2.0 will address air passengers’ grievances like flight delays, problem in a refund, long queues and complaints of lost baggage. Suresh Prabhu and Jayant Sinha presented the champion award to Chennai airport which achieved 100 % timely closure of grievances in one year.
- Name the Indian tennis pair who won the women’s doubles title of WTA Taipei Open Championship held in Taipei, Taiwan, from 10th to 18th November 2018?
1) Luksika Kumkhum and Natela Dzalamidze
2) Ankita Raina and Karman Kaur Thandi
3) Olga Doroshina and Lidya Joanes
4) Gabrielle Sollis and Lynette Scavo
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ankita Raina and Karman Kaur Thandi
From 10th to 18th November 2018, WTA Taipei Open Championship held in Taipei City in Taiwan. Total Prize money of the Event is USD125,000. Luksika Kumkhum from Thailand won women singles by defeating Sabine Lisicki of Germany. Ankita Raina and Karman Kaur Thandi, the unseeded Indian Tennis pair, teamed together to clinch the women double’s trophy at the WTA Taipei Open. They paired together for the first time and clinched their maiden WTA title against the fourth seeded Natela Dzalamidze and Olga Doroshina of Russia. The title was worth 160 WTA points and $5,500. The runners-up collected 95 points and $2,700. The 25 year old Ankita Raina also won the Asian games 2018 Tennis singles bronze medal.
- Who won the men’s singles title of the Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open 2018 held in Kowloon, Hong Kong, from 13th to 18thNovember 2018?
1) Son Wan Ho
2) Kenta Nishimoto
3) Marcus Fernaldi Gideon
4) Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Son Wan Ho
From 13th to 18th November 2018, Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Open 2018 was held at Hong Kong Coliseum, in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Total Prize Money for the tournament was USD 400,000.
Event Winners Runners-up Men’s Singles Son Wan Ho (South Korea) Kenta Nishimoto (Japan) Women’s Singles Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand) Men’s Doubles Marcus Fernaldi Gideon, Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia) Takeshi Kamura, Keigo Sonoda (Japan) Women’s Doubles Yuki Fukushima, Sayaka Hirota (Japan) Lee So Hee, Shin Seung Chan (South Korea) Mixed Doubles Yuta Watanabe, Arisa Higashino (Japan) Wang Yilyu, Huang Dongping (China)
- Name the football player who became the oldest European international goalkeeper, on 16th November 2018?
1) Georgi Petkov
2) Giorgos Koudas
3) Elisha Scott
4) Dishan Jeremiah
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Georgi Petkov
On 16th November 2018, Bulgarian Georgi Petkov became the oldest European international goalkeeper as Bulgaria played a Nations League draw with Cyprus. Georgi Petkov is 42 years and eight months old. He had also become Bulgaria’s oldest player in their Nations League match in Nicosia. He beat the record of former Liverpool goalkeeper Elisha Scott, who was 42 years and six months old when he last played for Ireland in 1936. Georgi Petkov made his debut for the Bulgarian national team in 1998. He is the goalkeeper of Slavia Sofia club. Giorgos Koudas is the oldest player to have represented a European nation when he played for Greece at the age of 48 in 1995.
- William Goldman, passed away due to complications from colon cancer and pneumonia, in Manhattan, United States, on 16thNovember 2018. He was an author and a ____?
2) film maker
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) screenwriter
On 16th November 2018, Oscar-winning screenwriter and best-selling author William Goldman, passed away at his residence due to complications from colon cancer and pneumonia, in Manhattan, United States. He was 87 years old. He wrote novels and screenplays. Some of his popular works are: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, All The President’s Men, 1990’s Hype and Glory, Which Lie Did I Tell?, etc. He had written screenplays for Marathon Man (1976), Magic (1978) and The Princess Bride (1987). A documentary was made on him titled “Nobody Knows Anything (Except William Goldman)”.
- Name the author of the book ‘Radio Kashmir – In Times of Peace & War’ released by Dr. Jitendra Singh, in New Delhi, on 20th November 2018?
1) Vinayak Mahadev
2) Ranjan Mishra
3) Dr Rajesh Bhat
4) Dr Mervin Joseph
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dr Rajesh Bhat
On 20th November 2018, Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh released a book named ‘Radio Kashmir – In Times of Peace & War’ written by Dr Rajesh Bhat in New Delhi. The book has been published by Stellar Publishers. The book explains the role played by Radio Kashmir in serving the people of Kashmir and strengthening democratic institutions in Kashmir, since the inception of Radio Kashmir in 1947. Dr Rajesh Bhat serves in the Policy Division of Directorate General, All India Radio, New Delhi. He has written over 250 academic research papers and articles.
- Who is the author of the book “The Velevt Gloves” unveiled by Maharashta Director General of Police Datta Padsalgikar on 17th November 2018?
1) Arjun Kakkar
2) Balakrishna Kamath
4) Manish Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Balakrishna Kamath
On 17th November 2018, Maharashta Director General of Police Datta Padsalgikar unveiled “THE VELEVT GLOVES” a novel written by former Intelligence Bureau (IB) Officer Balakrishna Kamath in Mumbai. Dedicated to the memory of Mr.Kamath’s wife Rema, the novels revolves around a retired intelligence officer who finds himself in the midst of a sinister plot that begins the same day he retires. The story unravels in India and abroad with Indian intelligence agencies locking horns with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- What was the theme of Universal Children’s Day celebrated on 20th November 2018?
1) Children are taking over and turning the world blue
2) Children are the heroes of tomorrow
3) Children are the pillars of tomorrow
4) Children and technology
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Children are taking over and turning the world blue
Universal Children’s Day is celebrated on 20th November every year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare. 2018 theme: Children are taking over and turning the world blue. November 20th is an important date which marks the day on which UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child in 1959, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, in 1989.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Kalesar National Park located?Haryana
- Who is the Chairperson of Commonwealth of Nations?Theresa May
- Name the President and headquarters of World Bank?President – Jim Yong Kim; Headquarters – Washington D.C. USA
- What is the capital and currency of Switzerland?Capital – Bern; Currency – Swiss franc
- Who is the governor of Jharkhand?Draupadi Murmu