AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 19 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Joint military exercise INDRA, between India and which country, started at Babina Military Station, in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, on 18th November 2018?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Russia
On November 18, 2018, the 10th joint military exercise between Indian and Russia– EXERCISE INDRA, under the United Nations (UN) started at Babina Field Firing Ranges, Babina Military Station, in Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh. This exercise will continue for 11 days ending in November 28, 2018. It will focus upon:
• Training on enhancing team building,
• Special tactical level operations such as Cordon and Search,
• To share best practices and
• For peace keeping/ enforcement environment
- Which state launched its Online Open Learning training platform named KOOL, on 18th November 2018?
3) Jammu & Kashmir
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kerala
On November 18, 2018, the Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) unveiled its Online Open Learning training platform named- KOOL. It will be enable training to teachers, students and the general public and the first batch will commence from December 2018. It will be used under a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) model, which will enable the state’s schools to go Hi-Tech. This will help Kerala to become India’s first complete digital state in Education. The state government is yet to approve KOOL Certificate acceptable for declaring the probation of teachers.
- Which country launched its first high-speed rail line, the first ever such line in Africa, on 18th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Morocco
On November 18, 2018, Morocco‘s first high-speed rail line, the first ever such line in Africa was unveiled. It was inaugurated by French President Emmanuel Macron and Morocco’s King Mohammed VI. It is known and LGV and will connect the economic hubs of Tangier and Casablanca in 2 hours 10 minutes. The cost of the project was $2 billion project and was launched in September 2011.
- Sashakt India Asset Management, incorporated by the Sunil Mehta committee, will have an Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) to resolve non-performing assets (NPAs) amounting to over ____ rupees?
1) Rs 500 crore
2) Rs 100 crore
3) Rs 200 crore
4) Rs 600 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 500 crore
On November 18, 2018, the Sunil Mehta committee released statement for formation of an asset management company (AMC) for resolving large bad loans. The name of the AMC is: Sashakt India Asset Management. It was announced by Sunil Mehta, the chairman of a bankers’ panel working on faster resolution of stressed assets in public sector banks on the sidelines of a CII-CFO summit held in Mumbai. The company will follow a five-pronged strategy under Project Sashakt to tackle stress in the banking sector. Under the project, the following will happen:
• The AMC will have an Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) to resolve non-performing assets (NPAs) over Rs 500 crore.
• The AIF will be formed engaging various potential investors including private sector banks,
• For the resolution an inter creditor agreement (ICA) has been made with 33 banks
- Which bank introduced a new saving bank scheme ‘KBL SB – TASC’, a specialized scheme for Trusts, Associates Societies and Clubs during Current & Saving Accounts campaign (CASA) for FY 2018-19?
1) Karur Vysya Bank
2) Kutch Cooperative Bank
3) Kerala Coopeartive Bank
4) Karnataka Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Karnataka Bank
On 15th November 2018, Karnataka Bank introduced a new saving bank scheme ‘KBL SB – TASC’, a specialized scheme for Trusts, Associates Societies and Clubs during Current & Saving Accounts campaign (CASA) for FY 2018-19. Karnataka bank has launched a nationwide campaign by active involvement of its 8000+ workforce and 823 branches across the nation from 15th November to 28th November with an aim to open more than 4.18 lakhs current & saving accounts. Bank will offer multiple add-on facilities and services to suit the needs of its customer. It is extending various user friendly digital channels such as KBL BHIM UPI, KBL ApnaApp, SMS banking etc. along with Mobile and Internet banking facilities. Bank is also offering Personal Accident Insurance cover upto Rs. 10 Lakh under “KBL Suraksha” to its Savings Bank Account customer with an annual premium of Rs. 125 excluding GST.
- Who was presented with “Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement” at Kamani Auditorium, New Delhi for enrichment and promotion of Indian Classical Music, on 17th November 2018?
1) Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
2) Kishori Amonkar
3) Girija Devi
4) Ulhas Kashalkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
On 17th November 2018, one of India’s greatest Sarod Master Ustad Amjad Ali Khan was presented “Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement” at Kamani Auditorium, New Delhi for his immense contribution to the enrichment and promotion of Indian Classical Music. Former Diplomat Lalit Mansingh presented the award to Ustad Amjad Ali Khan. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has already received fellowship of sangeet Natak Akademi, UNESCO Award, UNICEP National Ambassadorship, Fukuoka cultural Grand price of Japan & ‘Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters’ of France. Ustad Amjad Khan was born in 1945 in Gwalior and received Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
- Who was elected the President of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) on 16th November 2018?
1) Tamonas Chaudhri
2) Sowmya Sehgal
3) Raghu Ram
4) Arvind Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Raghu Ram
On 16th November 2018,Eminent breast cancer surgeon Raghu Ram who is also the director of KIMS Ushalakshmi centre for breast diseases has been elected the President of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) by defeating Tamonas Chaudhuri from Kolkata. The result was declared at ASI Headquarter in Chennai by Mr. Arvind Kumar who acted as the chief election officer. Raghu Ram is a recipient of Padma Shri award and B.C. Roy National Award. ASI regarded as “Voice of Surgery” in India is the largest surgical Association of Asia Pacific Region.Americal College of Surgeons is the largest surgical association of the world.
- Who was appointed the new Secretary in Department of Revenue, Government of India, on 17th November 2018?
1) Hasmukh Adhia
2) PK Rawat
3) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
4) Utpal Jain
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
On November 17, 2018, Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the new Secretary in Department of Revenue. He would replace Hasmukh Adhia — the Gujarat-cadre IAS officer who is set to retire on November 30. He currently holds the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) Chairman. After the appointment he will continue to hold these positions.
- Name the person who was appointed the Lokayukta of West Bengal for a period of three years, on 16th November 2018?
1) Samaresh Banerjee
2) Debashish Sircar
3) Asim Kumar Roy
4) Pramod Karmakar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Asim Kumar Roy
On November 16, 2018, retired Calcutta High Court judge Asim Kumar Roy was appointed the Lokayukta of West Bengal for a period of three years. He will be the second Lokayukta in the state succeeding Samaresh Banerjee, who had served in the post between 2006 and 2009. Justice Roy is presently serving as the chairperson of the West Bengal Clinical Establishment Regulatory Commission.
- Myntra, an Indian fashion e-commerce company, has decided to integrate its sister firm Jabong with itself. The integrated firm will be led by _____?
1) Ananth Narayanan
2) Jagdish Sen
3) Rahul Singh
4) Meera Das
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ananth Narayanan
On November 18, 2018, Myntra revealed plans to integrate its sister firm, Jabong with itself. The integrated firm will continue to be led by Myntra CEO Ananth Narayanan. Post the merger, the companies will continue working as separate brands. Narayanan would report to Flipkart chief executive Kalyan Krishnamurthy after the exit of group CEO Binny Bansal.
- Where was the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship held from 3rd November to 11th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kuwait
8th Asian Shotgun Championship held from 3rd November to 11th November in Kuwait. Angad Vir Singh Bajwa has become the first Indian skeet shooter to win a gold. He set a world record with a shot of perfect 60 out of 60 in final round. He defeated China’s Di Jin who shot 58 in the final round.Saeed Al Maktoum of UAE won the bronze medal with a score of 46. China Topped the Medal Tally by winning 19Medals,Kazakhstan followed it by winning 14 Medals.India won a Single gold medal in the event.
- Who won the Bengaluru Open ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Challenger title in Bengaluru, on 17thNovember 2018?
1) Rakesh Nagpal
2) Prashanth Jain
3) Saketh Myneni
4) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
On 17th November 2018, Prajnesh Gunneswaran won the Bengaluru Open ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Challenger title in Bengaluru. Prajnesh Gunneswaran defeated Saketh Myneni and won the Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger title. Prajnesh Gunneswaran is 29 years old. He hails from Chennai. He has gained 125 ranking points through this win. Total prize money for the event was $ 150,000.
- T. S. Kanaka, passed away after a brief illness in Chennai, on 16th November 2018. She was Asia’s first woman _____?
2) marine engineer
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) neurosurgeon
On November 16 2018,Dr. T. S. Kanaka, Asia’s first and World’s Third woman Neurosurgeon passed away after a brief illness in Chennai at the age of 86. She was one of the first few Neurosurgeons of the world. She had retired as the professor of Neurosurgery from Madras Medical College in 1990 and inspired women from all over the nation to make career in the field of Neurosurgery. She was born on March 31, 1932 and was raised in Chennai. Deep Brain Stimulation was one of the area of interests of Dr. T.S. Kanaka.
- Banamali Maharana passed away in Odisha, on 18th November 2018. He was a _____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) musician
On November 18, 2018, eminent percussionist (musician) Banamali Maharana passed away at 77 in Odisha. He was known for playing ‘mardala’ in Odissi music and dance across the globe. He was previously honoured with the prestigious Orissa Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1994, Kendriya Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2004 and the Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja Sanman in 2016. He founded the Mardala Academy in Bhubaneswar, which organizes ‘Tala Vadya Utsav’.
- Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri passed away on 18th November 2018, in Mohali, Punjab. He was known as the hero of the Battle of ____ during the 1971 Indo-Pak war?
1) Battle of Karnal
2) Battle of Samugarh
3) Battle of Longewala
4) Battle of Chausa
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Battle of Longewala
On November 18, 2018, Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri passed away at 78 in Mohali, Punjab. He was known as the hero of the Battle of Longewala during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. He was a recipient of the Maha Vir Chakra — the country’s second-highest gallantry award — for his role at Longewala. He served in the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) for about a year. He also served twice as an instructor at the Infantry School, Mhow.
- What was the theme of The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims observed on 18th November 2018?
1) Respect the rules
2) Roads have stories
3) Reduce road fatalities by 50% by 2020
4) Rules to remember
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Roads have stories
On 18th November 2018, The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims was observed throughout the world. The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is observed every year on the third Sunday of November. This day was started by RoadPeace organization in 1993. In 2005, United Nations endorsed this day as a global observance. This day remembers people killed and injured on the roads across the world, together with their families, friends and others who are affected. This day also thanks the emergency services. Theme: for The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2018 is “Roads have stories”.
- When was the first Naturopathy Day celebrated throughout India?
1) November 16
2) November 15
3) November 18
4) November 17
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) November 18
On 18th November 2018, Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) celebrated the first Naturopathy Day throughout India. Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, an autonomous body under AYUSH Ministry, organised health camps, workshops and exhibitions in association with local naturopathy centres and hospitals from 14th to 18th November 2018. AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the first Naturopathy Day Programme in New Delhi. He announced that building natural clinics is in progress in Pune, Goa, Delhi, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of International Naturopathy Organisation (INO)?Jai Prakash Agarwal
- Where is Neora Valley National Park located?West Bengal
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of Karnataka Bank?MD & CEO – Mahabaleshwara M.S.; Headquarters – Mangalore, Karnataka
- Where is the headquarters of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)?Chennai
- What is the capital and currency of Morocco?Capital – Rabat; Currency – Moroccan dirham