AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 19 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where did the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) launched India’s first Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station at a petrol pump?
5. AmritsarAnswer – 2. Nagpur
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) launched India’s first Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station at a petrol pump in Nagpur. IOC, in collaboration with Ola, has launched India’s first electric charging station at one of its petrol-diesel stations in Nagpur. Nagpur, being the first city to introduce Electric Public Transportation Model in India, has added one more feather to its cap by adding the first electric charging station at IOC’s petrol pump in Nagpur.
- India along with which country has decided to strengthen counter-terror cooperation, and asked the international community to oppose the countries which are supporting terrorism by providing financial assistance and shelter to terrorists?
5. SrilankaAnswer – 3. France
India and France decided to strengthen counter-terror cooperation, and asked the international community to oppose the countries which are supporting terrorism by providing financial assistance and shelter to terrorists. On November 17, 2017, Union External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj held wide-ranging talks with visiting French Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Jean-Yves Le Drian in New Delhi.
- In which Indian state, Namami Barak festival is celebrated?
5. BiharAnswer – 4. Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the Namami Barak festival at Silchar, Assam. Sarbananda Sonowal said that, the Namami Barak is organised to revive humanistic values, to discover resources and possibilities of the land. Also a new train connecting Silchar Dibrugarh – Trivandrum was flagged off. Sonowal added that Dibrugarh and Silchar direct air connectivity has also started.
- Which of the below given Hebrew manuscript, has been included in UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register?
3. Sarajevo Haggadah
5. TzadiAnswer – 3. Sarajevo Haggadah
Sarajevo Haggadah, the 14th- century richly illuminated Hebrew manuscript, has been included in UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register. Sarajevo Haggadah has been kept at the National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1894. It was brought to Sarajevo through the efforts of Jews fleeing persecution in Spain. In Hebrew, Haggadah means a handwritten story (on parchment). It is read by family members on the occasion of the Jewish feast of Passover.
- Which organ of UN, unanimously passed a Pakistan-sponsored resolution that considers right of peoples to self-determination as a fundamental condition for the effective guarantee and observance of human rights?
1. United Nations (UN) Regional groups
2. United Nations (UN) Security council
3. United Nations (UN) Economic and social council
4. United Nations (UN) International court of Justice
5. United Nations (UN) General AssemblyAnswer – 5. United Nations (UN) General Assembly
United Nations (UN) General Assembly unanimously passed a Pakistan-sponsored resolution that considers right of peoples to self-determination as a fundamental condition for the effective guarantee and observance of human rights. This resolution was co-sponsored by 75 member countries of UN and was adopted without a vote in UN General Assembly’s Third Committee. UN General Assembly’s Third Committee deals with social, humanitarian and cultural issues.
- According to Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), who are not required to link bank accounts and other services with Aadhaar?
1. Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
2. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
3. Person of Indian Origin (PIOs)
4. None of the above
5. All the aboveAnswer – 5. All the above
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has stated that Non-resident Indian (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are not required to link bank accounts and other services with Aadhaar. UIDAI had to come up with this clarification as it received several representations about problems faced by Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Person of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), where some Departments and implementing agencies were asking them to submit or link their Aadhaar for availing services.
- As per a latest report released by real estate consultancy firm Cushman & Wakefield, which is the most expensive retail location in India and 24th most expensive retail location across the world?
1. Kaufinger, Munich
2. Delhi’s Khan Market
3. Causeway Bay
4. New Bond Street
5. Pitt Street MallAnswer – 2. Delhi’s Khan Market
As per a latest report released by real estate consultancy firm Cushman & Wakefield, Delhi’s Khan Market is most expensive retail location in India and 24th most expensive retail location across the world. The report presented findings from a survey which covered 400 retail locations in 66 countries. Khan Market’s 24th rank in this year’s rankings marks an improvement over 28th rank in 2016 rankings. Khan Market has moved up in the rankings even though there has been no change in rental values which currently stands at Rs 1250 per sq ft.
- For which of the below given item, the Central Government doubled the import duties on most varieties?
1. Crude edible oil
2. Crude oil
5. CrackersAnswer – 1. Crude edible oil
Central Government doubled the import duties on most varieties of crude edible oil. This decision has been taken to support local oilseed prices such as groundnut, soybean and sunflower, which have dropped below their minimum support prices (MSPs) in this kharif season. Import duty on crude palm oil has been increased to 30 per cent from 15 per cent while for refined palm oil, it has been increased to 40 per cent from the earlier 25 per cent.
- Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corp along with which company, had agreed to introduce Electric Vehicles (EVs) in India by around 2020?
1. Suzuki Motor Corp
2. TVS Motor Corp
3. Royal Enfield
5. BenzAnswer – 1. Suzuki Motor Corp
Japanese automakers Toyota Motor Corp. and Suzuki Motor Corp. said they had agreed to ally to introduce Electric Vehicles (EVs) in India by around 2020. As per the pact, Suzuki would produce EVs for the Indian market and would supply some to Toyota. Toyota would provide technical support. A MoU was signed in February 2017 between Toyota and Suzuki to explore a partnership. Suzuki had earlier said it would invest $180 million (about ₹1,150 crore), along with partners Toshiba and Denso, for a separate unit to manufacture lithium-ion batteries at its Gujarat plant.
- Who was the first female, appointed as Black Rod at the House of Lords?
1. Toni Morrison
2. Sarah Clarke
3. Maya Angelou
4. Alice Walker
5. Zora NealeAnswer – 2. Sarah Clarke
Sarah Clarke, a former director of the Wimbledon tennis championships, has been appointed as Black Rod at the House of Lords. It is the first time a woman has held this position in the UK parliament’s 669-year history. Sarah Clarke, who is currently championships director at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, will take on the Black Rod in early 2018, after David Leakey steps down at the end of 2017.
- Who was chosen for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2017?
1. Sonia Gandhi
2. Narendra Modi
3. Dr. Manmohan Singh
5. Mother TeresaAnswer – 3. Dr. Manmohan Singh
Former Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh has been chosen for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2017. Dr. Manmohan Singh has been chosen for achievements during his term as Prime Minister of India between 2004 and 2014. As per the jury, Dr. Manmohan Singh has been chosen for this award for his contributions to introduce reforms in India economy, for strengthening India’s image in world politics and for improving India’s relations with neighbouring countries.
- Who won the Miss World beauty pageant for the year 2017?
1. Manushi Chhillar
2. Reita Faria
3. Diana Hayden
4. Mireia Lalaguna
5. Rolene StraussAnswer – 1. Manushi Chhillar
India’s Manushi Chhillar has won the Miss World beauty pageant for the year 2017. India has won the Miss World 2017 title 17 years after Priyanka Chopra won the title in 2000. Andrea Meza, who is Miss Mexico was the first runner up and Stephanie Hill from England was second runner up. Around 108 women from across the world participated in the beauty pageant. The winner of 2016’s title, Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle passed on her crown to Manushi Chhillar.
- Who bags 2017 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature?
1. Anuradha Roy
2. Cyrus Mistry
3. H M Naqvi
4. Alamgir Hashmi
5. Anuk ArudpragasamAnswer – 5. Anuk Arudpragasam
Sri Lankan author Anuk Arudpragasam’s “The Story of a Brief Marriage” has bagged the $25,000 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2017. Bangladesh Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith presented the award to Arudpragasam at the magnificent Bangla Academy in Dhaka during the closing ceremony of the three-day long Dhaka Literature Festival on 18th November 2017.
- Which space agency successfully launched Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1) for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)?
5. DTU SpaceAnswer – 2. NASA
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) successfully launched Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1) for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) from California, US. JPSS-1 is the first in a series of four highly advanced polar-orbiting satellites which are to be deployed for improving the accuracy of weather forecasts and Earth observations. It was launched atop United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket.
- Yuki Bhambri belongs to which of the below given sport?
5. CricketAnswer – 3. Tennis
Yuki Bhambri clinched his first title of the 2017 season on the ATP Challenger Tour following a win over Ramkumar Ramanathan in the final of the KPIT-MSLTA Challenger in Pune. Yuki Bhambri, India’s top singles tennis player, overcame Ramanathan by 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 at the finals of singles event in Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune. He’s ranked 137 now and 80 points earned from his event will put him close to 120, when the new rankings list is released on 19th November 2017.
- Which of the below pair won a bronze medal at the Seamaster 2017 World Tour Swedish Open?
1. A Sharath Kamal & S Ghosh
2. G Sathiyan & Manika Badra
3. A Sharath Kamal & G Sathiyan
4. G Sathiyan & Mouma Das
5. A Sharath Kamal & Ankita DasAnswer – 3. A Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan
India’s table tennis doubles pair A Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan won a bronze medal at the Seamaster 2017 World Tour Swedish Open. Earlier, Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan beat Quadri Aruna from Nigeria and Diogo Carvalho from Portugal, 3-1 to make it to the semifinals. But they lost 1-3 (10-12, 3-11, 11-7, 4-11) to Hong Kong’s Kwan Kit Ho and Chun Ting Wong and missed out the chance to make to the title round.
- To which sport Leander Paes is related to?
5. TennisAnswer – 5. Tennis
Leander Paes and Purav Raja won the JSM Champaign Challenger trophy, their second title together, winning over Ruan Roelofse and Joe Salisbury. Leander Paes-Purav Raja pair defeated the British-South African combination Ruan Roelofse and Joe Salisbury by 6-3, 7-6(5), 10-5 in the final of the JSM Champaign Challenger, the USD 75000 hard court event.
- In which Indian state, Gleadovia konyakianorum (parasitic plant) was founded?
5. NagalandAnswer – 5. Nagaland
During a botanical expedition carried out in earlier part of 2017, scientist discovered a new species of parasitic flowering plant (named Gleadovia konyakianorum) which does not have chlorophyll (necessary to make its own food) and survives by deriving its entire nutritional requirement from other plant. This parasitic plant has been named Gleadovia konyakianorum, in honour of the Konyak tribe of Nagas. It was found near Tobu town of Mon district in eastern Nagaland in the semi-evergreen forest at an altitude of 1500-1600 metres.
- Who is Daniel Hegarty?
1. Car Racer
5. SingerAnswer – 4. Motorcyclist
Daniel Hegarty, a British motorcycle racer, was killed after hitting the barriers on the outside of the circuit and losing his crash helmet, at the Macau Grand Prix, in Macau. Daniel Hegarty, the Topgun Racing Honda rider, who regularly competed at the Isle of Man TT, was taking part in his second Macau Grand Prix having finished 16th in 2016.The race was immediately stopped as Daniel Hegarty crashed on a part of the track known as Fishermen’s Bend. He was treated but died on his way to hospital.
- When is World Toilet Day celebrated across the world to create awareness about necessity of sanitation and making it a global development priority?
1. November 18
2. November 19
3. November 20
4. November 21
5. November 22Answer – 2. November 19
Every year, ‘World Toilet Day’ is celebrated on November 19 across the world to create awareness about necessity of sanitation and making it a global development priority. ’World Toilet Day’ is being celebrated since 2001 by World Toilet Organization’, a global non-profit organization. However, it got wider international attention only in 2013, when United Nations (UN) passed a resolution recognizing World Toilet Day as an official UN international day.
- What is the theme of International Men’s Day 2017?
1. Focus on Men and Boys
2. Men are important
3. Celebrate Men and Boys
4. Boys for future
5. Dreams, Hopes and PlansAnswer – 3. Celebrate Men and Boys
On 19th November 2017, International Men’s Day was observed all over the world. The theme for 2017 International Men’s Day is ‘Celebrate Men and Boys’. This day was inaugurated in 1992 on 7 February by Thomas Oaster. Objectives of International Men’s Day include a focus on men’s and boy’s health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting positive male role models.
- When is the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims was observed all over the world?
1. 18th November
2. 17th November
3. 16th November
4. 19th November
5. 20th NovemberAnswer – 4. 19th November
On 19th November 2017, the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims was observed all over the world. Theme for 2017 World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is ‘2020 Target: reduce road fatalities AND serious injuries by 50%’. On October 26, 2005, the United Nations declared every third Sunday in November each year as World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims.