AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 18 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which State Cabinet approved Victim or Their Dependents Compensation Scheme’ which stipulates to provide minimum compensation of Rs three lakh to an acid attack victim?
5. GoaAnswer – 2. Punjab
Punjab State Cabinet approved ‘Punjab Victim or Their Dependents Compensation Scheme’ which stipulates to provide minimum compensation of Rs three lakh to an acid attack victim. Every year, Punjab State Government’s department of home affairs and justice, will allocate a separate budget to the department of legal and legislative affairs to provide compensation under this scheme.
- Which state government is planning to form “Mahila Suraksha Dals” (women protection groups) to curb crimes against women in the national capital?
2. Uttar Pradesh
5. KeralaAnswer – 3. Delhi
Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia said that, the Delhi government would form “Mahila Suraksha Dals” (women protection groups) to curb crimes against women in the national capital. Manish Sisodia said that, the government would constitute these teams in coordination with the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW). DCW chief Swati Maliwal said as a pilot project, the MSDs would be formed at three places, which were prone to crimes against women, and then it would be expanded across Delhi.
- For treating which disease the Health Ministry introduces Daily Drug Regimen at free of cost?
4. Yellow Fever
5. Heart ProblemsAnswer – 3. Tuberculosis
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has recently announced the launch of daily regimen for TB patients across the country under the Revised National TB Control Programme (RNTCP). The Health Ministry has been providing the thrice weekly regimen for the treatment of tuberculosis (TB). It has now decided to change to daily drug regimen using Fixed Dose Combinations (FDC) for treatment. The daily FDC anti-TB drugs will be made available to private pharmacy or at private practitioners to dispense to TB patients who seek care in private sector, free of cost.
- In which Indian state, the IMF’s South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) was held at?
1. New Delhi
5. SikkimAnswer – 1. New Delhi
An interim meeting of the Steering Committee of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) was held in New Delhi. The SARTTAC Steering Committee meeting was held to assess the Center’s activities and to review the Fiscal Year 2018 Work Plan. Officials from all 6 member countries attended, together with the Development Partner representatives (the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, and USAID), and IMF staff.
- In which Indian city, the 24th Session of the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF-24) was held at?
5. BengaluruAnswer – 5. Bengaluru
the 24th Session of the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF-24), was held in Bengaluru. The theme for the 24th Session of the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF-24) was ‘Space Technology for Enhanced Governance and Development’. The event was co-organisedby India’s Department of Space (DOS), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
- Which state inaugurated the 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG) –India?
1. Madhya Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 2. Rajasthan
12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG) -India started in Jaipur, Rajasthan on November 17, 2017. This conference will continue till November 19, 2017. The conference was inaugurated by Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan. Theme of the conference was “Energy trough Synergy”.
- Which state’s assembly passes SC/ST promotions bill 2017?
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 5. Karnataka
Karnataka State Legislative Assembly passed ‘Karnataka Extension of Consequential Seniority to Government Servants Promoted on the Basis of Reservation (To the posts in the Civil Services of the State) Bill 2017’. Prior to introduction of this bill, Supreme Court had struck down Karnataka Govt.’s provision for providing reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees. This decision of Supreme Court was passed in response to a civil appeal filed in 2011.
- In which country, the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Ministerial Conference “Ending TB in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response” was held at?
5. IndiaAnswer – 3. Russia
World Health Organization (WHO) Global Ministerial Conference “Ending TB in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response” was held on 16th and 17thNovember, 2017 in Moscow, Russia. During this conference, delegates from 114 countries agreed to take urgent action to end tuberculosis (TB) by 2030. During the conference, the delegates promised to strengthen health systems in their respective countries and improve mass access to TB prevention and care.
- Which country is named as World’s Richest Country according to IMF’s GDP data?
5. LuxembourgAnswer – 4. Qatar
As per rankings released by business magazine ‘Fortune’, Qatar is World’s Richest Country in terms of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Per Capita. GDP Per Capita is a measure of the total output of a country computed by dividing gross domestic product(GDP) by the number of people in the country. In theoretical terms, higher per capita GDP results in to a higher standard of living.
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited(IFFCO) retains global seat in International Cooperative Alliance. Where is the headquarters of International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) located?
1. Beijing, China
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Bern. Switzerland
4. Brussels, Belgium
5. Washington, USAAnswer – 4. Brussels, Belgium
Quick Facts about International Cooperative Alliance (ICA):
♦ Established in – 1895
♦ Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium
♦ Current President – Ariel Guarco, Argentina
- Which country has the world’s coolest library?
5. CombodiaAnswer – 1. China
China has opened the world’s coolest library in the Binhai Cultural District in Tianjin, China. The library has been designed by Dutch design firm MVRDV in collaboration with the Tianjin Urban Planning and Design Institute (TUPDI). It covers 33,700 square meters. It is a five-story library. It can hold up to 1.2 million books. It took three years to complete the construction.
- In which city of Tamil Nadu, the private sector RBL Bank inaugurated an all women branch?
5. MaduraiAnswer – 3. Chennai
Private sector RBL Bank inaugurated an all women branch in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The all-women branch in Chennai will be managed by eight women and will offer all products and services across liability and assets. This initiative is RBL Bank’s efforts in encouraging gender equality. Currently, RBL Bank has 246 branches and 389 ATM across India. It serves 3.54 million customers.The headquaters of RBL is Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- According to Moody’s Investors Service upgraded ratings, how many Indian public sector firm’s rating got upgraded from Baa3 to Baa2?
5. 9Answer – 5. 9
Moody’s Investors Service upgraded ratings of nine Indian public sector firms. Ratings of BPCL, HPCL, IOC and Petronet LNG Ltd (PLL) was upgraded to Baa2 from Baa3. This was on account of India’s sovereign rating upgrade. ONGC’s rating, which was already higher than the sovereign rating, has also been upgraded to Baa1 from Baa2.
- With which bank, the Reliance General Insurance, a subsidiary of Reliance Capital, has signed a comprehensive bancassurance-corporate agency agreement?
2. YES Bank
3. Federal Bank
4. Axis Bank
5. HDFC BankAnswer – 2. YES Bank
Reliance General Insurance, a subsidiary of Reliance Capital, has signed a comprehensive bancassurance-corporate agency agreement with YES Bank. YES Bank with its network of 1,040 branches across all 29 States and seven Union Territories will enable Reliance General Insurance to reach a large base of retail and MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) clients.
- Nepal Electricity Authority, NEA has signed a joint venture agreement with which country, to construct 750 MW West Seti hydropower Project?
5. BelgiumAnswer – 1. China
Nepal Electricity Authority, NEA has signed a joint venture agreement with China Three Gorges Corporation (CTGC) to construct 750 MW West Seti hydropower Project. The joint venture agreement was signed at Kathmandu by NEA Executive Director Kulman Ghising and representatives of China Three Gorges Corporation (CTGC). He said that estimated cost of the project will be 1.8 billion US dollars. CTGC will have 75% stake in the joint venture and NEA will hold remaining 25%.
- Which state government has partnered with Intel company Mobileye to launch a project for automotive safety called “Automotive Safety Innovation”, which will create a repository of road and traffic information?
5. GoaAnswer – 1. Karnataka
The Karnataka government has partnered with Intel company Mobileye to launch a project for automotive safety called “Automotive Safety Innovation”, which will create a repository of road and traffic information. As part of this project, multiple vehicles fitted with cameras and other sensors would be covering several areas around Karnataka to build the repository over the next 9 months. The vehicles will also carry Mobileye Collision Avoidance Systems that would identify potential accident zones also known as “Grey Spots”, in addition to real-time warnings to the driver.
- Who is the founder of Tata Sons board?
1. Ratan Tata
2. Mukesh Ambani
3. Jamsetji Tata
4. Narayana Moorthy
5. Sunil TataAnswer – 3. Jamsetji Tata
About Tata Sons:
♦ Founder – Jamsetji Tata
♦ Headquarters – Mumbai
♦ Chairman – Natarajan Chandrasekaran
- Who is the newly appointed executive director of SEBI?
1. Azim Hasham
2. Premji Nadal
3. Kumar Mangalam
4. Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar
5. AV ChandranAnswer – 4. Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar
Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar is an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officerof the 1990 batch. He assumed charge as SEBI executive director on 16 November 2017. Prior to this assignment, he was working as an income tax commissioner in Kolkata. He is a graduate in engineering as well as law. He holds Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM, Bangalore and is also a chartered financial analyst from ICFAI, Hyderabad.
- Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Liechtenstein?
1. Sujan Chinoy
2. Sibi George
3. Surab Kumar
4. Vijay Keshav
5. Jamini BhagawatAnswer – 2. Sibi George
Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Liechtenstein. Sibi George is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1993 batch. He is presently Ambassador of India to Switzerland. His residence is in Berne, Switzerland. He has been concurrently appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Liechtenstein. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Along with which country’s Navy, the INS Sarvekshak, a hydrographic survey ship of Southern Naval Command has arrived in Dar-es-Salaam for undertaking joint- Hydrographic Survey?
1. Tanzanian Navy
2. Libyan Navy
3. USA Navy
4. Netherlands Navy
5. African NavyAnswer – 1. Tanzanian Navy
INS Sarvekshak, a hydrographic survey ship of Southern Naval Command has arrived in Dar-es-Salaam Tanzania for undertaking joint- Hydrographic Survey along with the Tanzanian Navy. The joint survey will be conducted with the Naval personnel of Tanzania who have been trained in India in National Institute of Hydrography, Goa. During the survey, training of Tanzanian Naval personnel will also be undertaken on advanced hydrographic equipment and practices.
- Which country will host the Asia Cup of Road Racing with National Championship?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 4. India
Round 3 of FIM Asia Cup of Road Racing (ACRR) will be held at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida, India. Top bikers from Japan, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Nepal, Taiwan and India will participate in round three of the FIM Asia Cup of Road Racing (ACRR) at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida. India will be represented by Sai Rahil Pillarisetty and Israel Vanlalhruaizela, who are fourth in the standings after the first two rounds in Thailand and Taiwan.
- Who bagged gold medal at the 62nd National Wrestling championship (Women) in Indore?
1. Dipa Karmakar
2. Sakshi Malik
3. Bobby Shaksha
4. Geeta Phogat
5. Sergy JoshnaAnswer – 4. Geeta Phogat
Sushil Kumar and Geeta Phogat bagged gold medal at the 62nd National Wrestling championship in Indore. Two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar won a gold medal in men’s 74 kilogram freestyle competition. Geeta Phogat won a gold medal in the 59 kg category of women’s wrestling. India’s single woman Olympic medal winner Sakshi Malik won gold medal in the 62kg category of women’s wrestling.
- Name the Wrestler who has been handed a four-year ban by the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the NADA?
1. Vijay Kumar
2. Sandeep Tulsi
3. Ebrahim Javadi
4. Roman Dmitriv
5. Rafig MagdhoomAnswer – 2. Sandeep Tulsi
Wrestler Sandeep Tulsi has been handed a four-year ban by the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the NADA. Wrestler Sandeep Yadav is from Sonepat. He has tested positive for methandienone, an anabolic steroid. The tests were conducted on 25 June 2016. Sandeep Yadav’s sparring partner and roommate Narsingh Yadav was also ousted from the Olympics in 2016 and given a four-year ban for failing a dope test after Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) overturned the clean chit given to him by the NADA.