AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 17 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- With which country Indian cabinet signed the agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation?
5. UkraineAnswer – 3. Belarus
Cabinet approves the establishment of the National Anti-profiteering Authority under GST. Cabinet approves agreement between India and Belarus on Scientific and Technological Cooperation. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Poland for the promotion of Civil Aviation Cooperation. Cabinet approves Continuation of sub-schemes under Umbrella Scheme “Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)”.
- Which state government passed Prevention and Eradication of Inhuman Evil Practices and Black Magic Bill, 2017?
5. GoaAnswer – 3. Karnataka
Karnataka Legislative Assembly unanimously passed ‘Karnataka Prevention and Eradication of Inhuman Evil Practices and Black Magic Bill, 2017’. This anti-superstition bill is aimed at preventing and eradicating inhuman evil practices propagated and performed in the name of black magic by conman to exploit the common people.The bill has two categories of practices – ‘savings’ and ‘schedule’. ‘Savings’ list includes practices that could be tolerated. These include practices like ‘pradakshina’, yatras, ‘parikramas’ performed at religious places.
- Which state is the partner state of Manipur and Nagaland under ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat’ Yojana?
1. Madhya Pradesh
2. Uttar Pradesh
5. UttarkhandAnswer – 1. Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh is the partner state of Manipur and Nagaland under ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat’ Yojana. Thus, Madhya Pradesh State Government has assigned the task of implementing this scheme to Higher Education Department of State. An 8-member team from Madhya Pradesh has already toured Manipur and Nagaland in this regard. It has been decided that Madhya Pradesh will participate in Manipur’s Sangai Mahotsav from 21st – 30th November, 2017 and teams of Manipur and Nagaland will take part in Madhya Pradesh’s Lok Rang and Bal Rang programmes.
- Which state government sets up a seven member committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Sudhir Shrivastava to recommend ways to stop the custodial deaths?
5. BiharAnswer – 2. Maharashtra
Maharashtra government set up a seven-member committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Sudhir Shrivastava to recommend ways to stop the custodial deaths. Minister of State for Home (Rural) Deepak Kesarkar informed that, the committee will recommend measures so that people get proper treatment at police stations.The committee will also take into account the government circulars issued in the past and the judgments of the high court and Supreme Court.
- Name the programme launched to rate highways’ safety levels, and to eliminate the most unsafe roads.
1. RAP India
3. WRAP India
5. RoadIndiaAnswer – 2. IndiaRAP
India Road Assessment Programme (IndiaRAP) was launched to rate highways’ safety levels, and to eliminate the most unsafe roads. The ratings through IndiaRAP are assigned on the basis of the level of safety which is ‘built-in’ to a road for vehicle occupants, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians. Five-star roads are the safest and one-star roads are the least safe.The IndiaRAP programme is being supported by FedEx Expressand will be hosted by the Asian Institute of Transport Development.
- Which state government announced ban on plastic bottles, with effect from 18 March 2018, which will cover government offices, functions and state educational institutes before it is extended to private institutes?
2. Madhya Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 5. Maharashtra
Maharashtra government announced ban on plastic bottles, with effect from 18 March 2018, which will cover government offices, functions and state educational institutes before it is extended to private institutes. Maharashtra Environment Minister Ramdas Kadam announced the new measures on plastic bottles ban, at a meeting with municipal officials in Mumbai on 16thNovember 2017. It was said that, plastic bottles will be prohibited at the Mantralaya – the state government headquarters, before the statewide ban comes into effect on Gudi Padwa, the Maharashtrian New Year, in March 2018.
- Which state government has given an in-principle approval to provide an assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to fund 107 irrigation projects in drought-hit areas?
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. Tamil NaduAnswer – 2. Maharashtra
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that, the Centre has given an in-principle approval to provide an assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to fund 107 irrigation projects in drought-hit Vidarbha and Maratha regions of Maharashtra. Devendra Fadnavis said that, the completion of the projects will ensure large scale irrigation facilities in the districts of Vidarbha and Marathwada, known for suicides by farmers, besides in North and Western Maharashtra.
- Which Indian city celebrates the Fortnight long Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav”?
2. New Delhi
5. AhmadabadAnswer – 2. New Delhi
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ a fortnight long tribal festival at Dilli Haat, in New Delhi.
The theme of the festival is ‘A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce’. More than 750 tribal artisans and artisans from over 25 states are taking part in the festival. The inaugural function was presided over by Minister for Tribal Affairs Jual Oram. Aadi Mahotsav is organised at four venues throughout Delhi.
- Which country was named ‘the destination of the year’ according to the Major travel publication Travel+Leisure?
5. HungaryAnswer – 1. Canada
Major travel publication Travel+Leisure has named Canada ‘the destination of the year’ in their recent feature. The selection was based on data from polls conducted on travel agents, arrival statistics and cultural relevancefor the year 2017. The magazine concluded that in 2017, travelers around the world were constantly buzzing about Canada, and so it was the clear cut pick for destination of the year. Also, Canada was described as a cheerful and polite nation.
- In which place, the Global Ministerial Conference on ‘Ending TB in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response’ was held at?
1. Vladivostok, Russia
2. Moscow, Russia
3. Tokyo, Japan
4. Beijing, china
5. NewYork, USAAnswer – 2. Moscow, Russia
Global Ministerial Conference on ‘Ending TB in the Sustainable Development Era: A Multisectoral Response’ was held in Moscow, Russia.This conference aimed to accelerate implementation of the WHO End TB Strategyin order to reach the End TB targets set by the World Health Assemblyand the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- In which port, India’s first mega coastal economic zone (CEZ) was set up?
1. Vishakapatnam Port, Andhra Pradesh
2. Jawaharlal Nehru Port, Maharashtra
3. New Manglore Port, Karnataka
4. Mundra Port, Gujarat
5. Haldia Port, West BengalAnswer – 2. Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra
Central Government has given approval for setting up India’s first mega coastal economic zone (CEZ) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra. India’s first mega CEZ will stretch along north Konkan region spread across Nashik, Thane, Mumbai, Pune and Raigarh. Despite of JNPT being one of the busiest cargo ports, it has been chosen for this project due to availability of sufficient land
- Under whom, a panel was formed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which recommended a list of commodities which can be hedged in the overseas markets by all Indian residents?
2. H L Dattu
3. Yogesh Kumar
4. Mehr Chand
5. Chandan SinhaAnswer – 5. Chandan Sinha
A panel formed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under Chandan Sinha (former Executive Director of RBI) has recommended a list of commodities which can be hedged in the overseas markets by all Indian residents. Thus it has recommended a list of commodities (which includes gold, silver, zinc, tin, crude oil and its derivatives, coal, natural gas, tea, coffee, sugar and cocoa) which can be hedged in the overseas markets by all residents i.e. by both domestic users and exporters/importers.
- According to Moody’s upgraded Sovereign Credit Rating, What is the rating given to India?
5. Baa4Answer – 3. Baa2
Moody’s Investors Service has upgraded the Government of India’s local and foreign currency issuer ratings to Baa2 from Baa3 and changed the outlook on the rating to stable from positive.
India’s rating has been upgraded by Moody’s after a gap of 13 years. It had last upgraded India’s sovereign credit rating in January 2004 to Baa3 (from Ba1). In the accompanying report, Moody’s has stated that India’s rating have been upgraded on expectations that major economic and institutional reforms undertaken by Government of India will enhance India’s high growth potential over a period of time and will help stabilize rising levels of debt.
- Which government announced the launch of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for data science and artificial intelligence with Nasscom as its programme and implementation partner?
1. Jammu Kashmir
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 5. Karnataka
Karnataka government announced the launch of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for data science and artificial intelligence with Nasscom as its programme and implementation partner. The Centre of Excellence is based on a public-private partnership model. The Centre of Excellence (CoE) will provide high-end technology capabilities, data, expertise, thought leadership, and curated programmes to augment capabilities across academia, enterprises, government, innovators and advanced start-ups.
- In which Indian city Uber launched its second Center of Excellence?
5. PuneAnswer – 3. Hyderabad
Uber inaugurated its engineering facility in Hyderabad, the second such unit in India. A team of over 40 engineers have been hired to build business intelligence platforms and real time streaming at the engineering unit for Uber globally. It is spread over 18,000 square feet in HiTec City, Kondapur, Hyderabad. The facility will create more employment opportunities and have a positive impact on the state and its economy as a whole. In February 2016, Uber’s first Center of Excellence in Asia was launched in Hyderabad to provide specialised support for critical incidents that require immediate attention.
- Which Indian Armed force has signed a contract with Tata Power SED under the ‘Buy and Make’ category, through which Tata Power SED will supply Portable Diver Detection Sonar (PDDS) for them?
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Coastal guards
4. Assam Rifles
5. Mishra Dhatu NigamAnswer – 2. Indian Navy
The Indian Navy has signed a contract with Tata Power SED under the ‘Buy and Make’ category, through which Tata Power SED will supply Portable Diver Detection Sonar (PDDS) for Indian Navy.Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division (SED) will supply the Indian Navy with Portable Diver Detection Sonar (PDDS), which will enhance its underwater surveillance capability.The PDDS fitted on ships can detect and track underwater threats, and allow the Navy take preventive measure against possible damage to lives or property. This move is seen as a boost for the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Who won the 2017 Cervantes Prize, the Spanish-speaking world’s highest literary honour?
1. Sam Piroj
2. Antonio Banderas
3. Michelle Rodriguez
4. Daisy Fuentes
5. Sergio RamirezAnswer – 5. Sergio Ramirez
Nicaraguan author and former politician Sergio Ramirez Mercado has won the 2017 Cervantes Prize, the Spanish-speaking world’s highest literary honor. Sergio Ramirez has written more than 20 novels, including “Margarita, esta linda la mar” (Margarita, How Beautiful the Sea), which won Spain’s prestigious Alfaguara award in 1998. Ramirez is an active journalist. He was deputy vice president of Nicaragua between 1985 and 1990 and a long-time member of the leftist Sandinista bloc.
- Who was awarded “Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award 2017” for his contributions in the field of teaching and education?
1. Marc Anthony
2. William Levy
3. Anand Kumar
4. Javier Bardom
5. Pablo MarkoseAnswer – 3. Anand Kumar
President Ram Nath Kovind awarded “Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award 2017” to Super 30 founder Anand Kumar for his contributions in the field of teaching and education, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in New Delhi. Anand Kumar’s Super 30 coaching institute has been providing free education, accommodation and food to students coming from the underprivileged section of society to crack the prestigious IIT entrance examination.
- Who was appointed as global ambassador of the World Packaging Organisation (WPO)?
1. Lionel Messi
2. Harry Belafonte
3. Judy Collins
4. Chakravarthi Avps
5. Amitabh BachchanAnswer – 4. Chakravarthi AVPS
Chakravarthi AVPS is the first Asian to be appointed as ambassador of World Packaging Organisation (WPO). The honorary appointment was made in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at the 99th board meeting of WPO. Chakravarthi has over three decades of experience in the paper, printing and packaging industry. He has served as chairman of Indian Institute of Packaging, Hyderabad and has been on the board of Indian Institute of Packaging for over a decade.
- India’s longest expressway stretches from ______ to ______ ?
1. Mumbai to Pune
2. Delhi to Gurgaon
3. Agra to Lucknow
4. Outer Ring Road to Hyderabad
5. Pathankot to AjmerAnswer – 3. Agra to Lucknow
Free Wi-Fi will soon be available on the entire 302-kilometre stretch of India’s longest expressway from Agra to Lucknow. The Uttar Pradesh government has offered to lease out space for laying an Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) along the six-lane Agra to Lucknow expressway. The plan is to earn revenue to maintain the expressway and have a win-win agreement with a private player by giving out leasing rights to lay OFC in order to offer free Wi-Fi facility along the entire stretch.
- Who bagged the national champion crown after winning the women’s trap event at the 61st National Shooting Championship, in New Delhi?
1. Anju Bobby George
2. Shagun Chowdhary
3. Anjali Bhagwat
4. Manavjit Sindhu
5. Beena MolAnswer – 2. Shagun Chowdhary
Shagun Chowdhary bagged a national champion crown when she won the women’s trap event at the 61st National Shooting Championship, in New Delhi. Shagun Chowdhary represented ONGC. She is the first Indian woman trap shooter to win an Olympic berth. She overcame the challenge from Punjab’s Rajeshwari Kumari to score 41-38 in the final.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Journey of Women Law Reforms and The Law Commission of India – Some Insights’?
1. Arundhati Roy
2. Vikram Seth
3. Salman Rushdie
4. Anita Desai
5. Pavan SharmaAnswer – 5. Pavan Sharma
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu received the first copy of the book ‘Journey of Women Law Reforms and The Law Commission of India – Some Insights’, from the Author former Joint Secretary, Dr. Pavan Sharma. M Venkaiah Naidu said on the occasion that, we need to focus on women’s issues in India. He hoped that, the book would inspire many more experts to focus on women’s issues in the next few years.
- When is the International Students Day celebrated all over the world?
1. November 15
2. November 16
3. November 17
4. November 18
5. November 19Answer – 3. November 17
International Students’ Day is observed by student community annually on November 17. This day was first marked in 1941 in London by the International Students’ Council. This day marks the anniversary of the 1939 Nazi storming of the University of Prague after demonstrations against the killing of Jan Opletal and the occupation of Czechoslovakia, and the execution of nine student leaders, over 1200 students sent to concentration camps, and the closing of all Czech universities and colleges.
- How many countries had participated in the Hot Air Balloon festival celebrated in Andhra Pradesh?
5. 14Answer – 4. 13
Andhra Pradesh is hosting its first Hot Air Balloon Festival in Araku Valley. The three-day festival, which features a line-up of 16 balloons from 13 countries, has para-motoring shows by pilots and a light and colour show with inflated balloons. There will also be tours to coffee plantations and a nearby tribal village.