AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 16 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Which union ministry launched two new initiatives namely, Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT) in New Delhi, on 13th November 2018?
1) Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
2) Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Union Ministry of Urban Development
4) Union Ministry of Finance
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Union Ministry of Human Resource Development
On November 13, 2018, Union Ministry of Human Resource Development launched two new initiatives namely, Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) in New Delhi. They were launched by Minister of State, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh. The full form of LEAP is: Leadership for Academicians Programme. It will be a three weeks Flagship leadership development training programme (2 weeks domestic and one week foreign training) for second level academic functionaries in public funded higher education institutions. Full form of ARPIT is: Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching. It would include online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using the MOOCs platform SWAYAM.
- Where was the 4th International Congress on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine inaugurated on 15th November 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On November 15, 2018, the Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated 4th International Congress on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine. It was held along with the Asia Pacific Geriatric Medicine Network Conference at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. The Congress focuses on sensitisation and reorientation of health care professionals. It had the theme: ‘Future of Geriatric Medicine practice – Are you Ready?’
- India and UK signed the MOU on India-UK Cancer Research Initiative on 15th November 2018, for a 5-year collaborative research at the Inaugural Researchers’ Summit held in _____?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On November 15, 2018, India and UK signed the MOU on India-UK Cancer Research Initiative in New Delhi. The India-UK Cancer Research Initiative was launched today at the Inaugural Researchers’ Summit, which is being held in New Delhi from November 14th to November 16th, 2018. The MOU was signed between: Department of Biotechnology Ministry of Science & Technology, India and Cancer Research UK. It is a collaborative 5-year bilateral research initiative that focuses on affordable approaches to cancer. According to the MOU, both CRUK and DBT will invest £5m each in the 5-year pilot. The initiative will be overseen by a board of advisors comprising five cancer experts each from India and UK. Prof. David Hunter of the University of Oxford and Dr. CS Pramesh of the Tata Memorial Hospital will serve respectively as Chair and Co-chair of the Advisory Panel.
- Where was the 6th Indian Social Work Congress (ISWC) held from 1st to 3rd November 2018?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
From 1st to 3rd November 2018, 6th Indian Social Work Congress (ISWC) was held in New Delhi. The ISWC was jointly organized by National Association of Professional Social Workers in India (NAPSWI) and Department of Social Work (Delhi School of Social Work), University of Delhi. Theme of 6th ISWC 2018 was “Human Development and Social Inclusion: Imperatives for Social Work Education and Practice”. ISWC aimed to provide a platform to social work professionals to discuss issues related to human development, social justice and inclusion, share and exchange experiences of social work educators, etc. Late Dr. Martha Farrell was honoured with the “Lifetime Achievement Award” for her lifelong work towards gender equality, women’s empowerment and prevention of sexual harassment at workplace.
- Which state/union territory police launched ‘NIPUN’, an e-learning portal to impart in-service training to its personnel, on 14th November 2018?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Delhi
On 14th November 2018, the Delhi Police launched ‘NIPUN’, an e-learning portal to impart in-service training to its personnel. It was launched by Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik. NIPUN aims to provide online training and information through specialized courses designed by experts. It aims to enable information sharing between the faculty and trainees at the Police Training Institutes of the Delhi Police. It will help police officers investigating cases by offering online resource and information on law, standing orders, investigation checklists, forms for case files, latest High Court and Supreme Court rulings. Most of the courses have been developed in-house. Some have been developed in collaboration with the University Grant Commission (UGC), FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry), NHRC (National Human Rights Commission), NCPCR (National Commission for Protection of Child Rights), and Janaki Devi Memorial College, Delhi University (DU) under the project “The Collaborative Learning and Partnership” (CLAP).
- Where is the 3rd India International Cherry Blossom Festival celebrated from 14th to 17th November 2018?
1) Gangtok, Sikkim
2) Shillong, Meghalaya
3) Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
4) Imphal, Manipur
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shillong, Meghalaya
On November 14, 2018, the 4-day 3rd India International Cherry Blossom Festival was celebrated at Polo 5th Ground, Shillong, Meghalaya. The festival celebrates the unique autumn flowering of the Himalayan Cherry Blossoms. The 2018 edition was inaugurated by Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma in the presence of Japanese Ambassador to India, Kenji Hiramatsu. The four-day long festival was organised by:
• The Forest and Environment Department, Govt of Meghalaya,
• Institute of Bio-resources and Sustainable Development and
• Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- Name the initiative launched by Twitter India to encourage the youth to contribute in public debates and participate in civic engagement for the 2019 general elections?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) #PowerOf18
On 12th November 2018, Twitter India launched a new initiative titled #PowerOf18, aimed at encouraging the youth to contribute in public debates and participate in civic engagement for the 2019 general elections. The #PowerOf18 will serve as a resource for young Indians to find more information about the elections, support social causes they are passionate about and join the public conversation.
- Reserve Bank of India pumped in ____ rupees into the system, through Open Market Operations, on 15thNovember 2018?
1) Rs 12,000 crore
2) Rs 50,000 crore
3) Rs 65,000 crore
4) Rs 15,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 12,000 crore
On November 15, 2018, Reserve Bank of India pumped in Rs 12,000 crore into the system through purchase of government securities. This was done via conduction of an Open Market Operations for an aggregate amount of Rs 120 billion through multi-security auction using the multiple price method. In the announcement it stated that RBI would purchase government dated securities maturing in 2021, 2022, 2024, 2027 and 2033 bearing various interest rates. The eligible participants submitted their offers in electronic format on the Reserve Bank of India Core Banking Solution (E-Kuber) system on November 15.
- Which energy source is expected to overtake coal as the world’s second largest energy source after oil by 2030, according to report by International Energy Agency (IEA) titled World Energy Outlook 2018?
2) Natural gas
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Natural gas
On November 13, 2018, according to report by International Energy Agency (IEA) titled World Energy Outlook 2018, natural gas is expected to overtake coal as the world’s second largest energy source after oil by 2030. This change is expected due to a drive to cut air pollution and the rise in liquefied natural gas (LNG) use. Energy demand would grow by more than a quarter between 2017 and 2040. Global gas demand would increase by 1.6 percent a year to 2040 and would be 45 percent higher by then than the present. Global electricity demand will grow 2.1 percent a year and will account for a quarter of energy used by 2040. CO2 emissions would rise by 10 percent to 36 gigatonnes in 2040, mostly driven by growth in oil and gas. The estimates are based on the IEA’s “New Policies Scenario” that reflects legislation and policies to reduce emissions and fight climate change.
- Who was sworn in as the chief justice of the Allahabad High Court, on 14th November 2018?
1) Justice Ajith Desai
2) Justice Govind Mathur
3) Justice Ram Chauhan
4) Justice Leela Chandar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Justice Govind Mathur
On 14th November 2018, Justice Govind Mathur was sworn in as the chief justice of the Allahabad High Court. He was administered the oath by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik. In 2004, Justice Govind Mathur was appointed as a judge in the Rajasthan High Court. In 2017, he was transferred to the Allahabad High Court. He worked as University of Rajasthan’s standing counsel. He also worked for Indian Oil Corporation, Water and Power Consultancy Services, New Delhi and the National Council for Teacher’s Education.
- Who was sworn in as the 4th Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court, on 14th November 2018?
1) Justice Sanjoy Karol
2) Justice Sumit Deol
3) Justice Ananth Kumar
4) Justice Jay Prakash
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Justice Sanjoy Karol
On 14th November 2018, Justice Sanjoy Karol was sworn in as the 4th Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court. Tripura Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki administered the oath of office and secrecy to Justice Sanjoy Karol. Earlier, Sanjoy Karol was a judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court. He replaces Justice Ajay Rastogi who was promoted as a judge of the Supreme Court. Sanjoy Karol became a judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court in 2007.
- Who was sworn in as the 24th Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court, on 14th November 2018?
1) Justice Praveen Hebbal
2) Justice Umesh Singh
3) Justice Sanjay Kumar Seth
4) Justice Anuj Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Justice Sanjay Kumar Seth
On 14th November 2018, Justice Sanjay Kumar Seth was sworn in as the 24th Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court. Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandi Ben Patel administered the oath of office to Justice Sanjay Kumar Seth. Earlier, Justice Sanjay Kumar Seth was made acting Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court after Chief Justice Hemant Gupta was promoted to the Supreme Court. He had served as an additional advocate general. Later, he was appointed as a judge to the Madhya Pradesh high court in 2003. He was made a permanent judge in 2004. He would retire in June 2019.
- Name Yes Bank’s non-executive chairman, who stepped down with immediate effect, on 15th November 2018?
1) Ranjan Mishra
2) Ashok Chawla
3) Rana Kapoor
4) Girish Chandra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ashok Chawla
On November 15, 2018, Ashok Chawla, Yes Bank’s non-executive chairman, stepped down with immediate effect. He resigned for the bank to find a new contender to fill in the Chairman’s duty. Apart from Yes bank, Chawla is also the chairman of National Stock Exchange since 2016. He had also worked as chairman of fair trade regulator CCI or Competition Commission of India.
- Name the Indian cricketer who has maintained his number one position in the ICC (International Cricket Council) ODI (One Day International) bowler rankings published on 13th November 2018?
1) Jasprit Bumrah
2) Kuldeep Yadav
3) Yuzvendra Chahal
4) Shikhar Dawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jasprit Bumrah
India captain Virat Kohli and fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah maintained their top positions in the batsmen and bowlers ranking respectively in the latest ICC (International Cricket Council) ODI (One Day International) rankings published on 13th November 2018. Virat Kohli remained in the number one position in the ODI batsmen ranking with 899 points. Limited overs vice-captain Rohit Sharma remained in the second place. Shikhar Dhawan is the third Indian in the top-10 list. He has secured 8th position. Former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is ranked 20th in the list. In the ODI bowler’s ranking, Jasprit Bumrah remains in number one position with 841 points. Kuldeep Yadav remains in third place. Yuzvendra Chahal is in fifth position.
- Name the 15-year-old Kashmiri student, who has won gold medal, at the World Kick Boxing Championship in Argentina, held from 5th to 10th November 2018?
1) Aabid Hamid
2) Master Hashim
3) Abrou Mohammed
4) Irshad Ahmad Ganie
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aabid Hamid
Aabid Hamid, a 15-year-old Kashmiri student, has won gold medal, at the World Kick Boxing Championship in Argentina, held from 5th to 10th November 2018. Aabid Hamid won gold medal in the 52kg category. He was the only gold medal winner from India in the tournament. He was part of nine-member Team India. Eight other players including three from Kashmir won silver medals. Master Hashim, Ms Abrou and Mr Irshad Ahmad Ganie are among the silver medal winners.
- Australia’s John Hastings announced his retirement from which sport on 14th November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricket
On 14th November 2018, Australia all-rounder John Hastings announced his retirement from all forms of cricket due to a lung disease. John Hastings is 33 years old. He has planned to focus on media commitments after retirement. He had already retired from ODI (One Day International) and Test cricket in 2017. He had been playing in T20 cricket. He is a right-arm medium-fast bowler and bowling all-rounder. He has 50 wickets from 39 international matches. He has scored 369 international runs in 29 ODIs, 9 T20Is and 1 Test match combined.
- When was World Philosophy Day celebrated throughout the world?
1) November 12
2) November 13
3) November 14
4) November 15
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 15
On 15th November 2018, World Philosophy Day was celebrated all over the world. In 2005, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) established World Philosophy Day. It is celebrated every year on the third Thursday of November. This day highlights the value of philosophy for the development of human thought, for individuals and the society.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of YES Bank?Experience our Expertise
- Who is the Chairperson of International Cricket Council (ICC)?Shashank Manohar
- Who is the Director General of India Post?Ms. Meera Handa
- Name the Executive Director and headquarters of International Energy Agency?Executive Director – Dr Fatih Birol; Headquarters – Paris, France
- Name the Director General and headquarters of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)?Director General – Audrey Azoulay; Headquarters – Paris, France