AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 16 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which state is celebrating its 17th Statehood Day on November 15, 2017?
5. MizoramAnswer – 4. Jharkhand
President Ram Nath Kovind launched various schemes and laid the foundation stones of infrastructure projects in Jharkhand. These schemes and projects are to be carried out at an expenditure of Rs 3455 crore. It is to be noted that November 15, 2017 was 17th Statehood Day of Jharkhand. Firstly, he launched Rs 290-crore ‘108 Ambulance’ service in the state. This service will have 329 life support system equipped ambulances which will provide free round the clock service across the state.
- “India State-level Disease Burden Initiative Report” consists of the details of the analysis of disease burden for each Indian state from the year _____ to _____.
1. 1995 to 2016
2. 1990 to 2016
3. 1980 to 2016
4. 1985 to 2016
5. 2000 to 2016Answer – 2. 1990 to 2016
As per ‘India State-level Disease Burden Initiative Report’, child and maternal malnutrition was responsible for 15 per cent of the total disease burden in 2016 across India. The report was released by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu on November 14, 2017.Analysis of disease burden for each Indian state from 1990 to 2016 has been presented in this report.
- According to the 5th biennial Hotelivate State Ranking Survey for Tourism, which city is the top tourist destination of India?
5. DelhiAnswer – 5. Delhi
According to the 5th biennial Hotelivate State Ranking Survey for Tourism, Delhi is the top tourist destination of India. This survey was conducted by hospitality consulting firm, Hotelivate in association with World Travel & Tourism Council-India Initiative (WTTC-II). States were assessed on eleven parameters, which included state expenditure on tourism, number of branded hotel rooms, aircraft movement, road and rail network and other intangible aspects.
- Andhra Pradesh AgTech Summit 2017 was inaugurated in which district of Andhra Pradesh?
5.GunturAnswer – 3. Visakhapatnam
Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day Andhra Pradesh AgTech Summit 2017 in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The summit will discuss on innovative ideas, technologies and global best practices to push agricultural transformation in Andhra Pradesh. More than 50 stalls have been set up to showcase latest agriculture technologies and products of companies. Chief Guest for the Valedictory session on 17 November 2017 will be Bill Gates.
- What is the targeted year for the 100% completion of installing bio-toilets in the Indian Railway coaches?
1. December 2017
2. December 2019
3. December 2018
4. December 2025
5. December 2020Answer – 3. December 2018
Ravindra Gupta, Member (Rolling Stock), Ministry of Railway said that, the target for 100 % completion of installing bio-toilets in railway coaches has been advanced to December 2018. He announced this at an event organised to highlight Railway Ministry’s efforts towards a low-carbon pathway and overall sustainable mobility initiatives in the Indian transport sector.
- Where did the 12th North East Business Summit was inaugurated?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
12th North East Business Summit, a two day event, was inaugurated in New Delhi. The summit aims to explore the scope for business opportunities in the North-Eastern region of India. Focus areas are Infrastructure and Connectivity with Public Private Partnerships, Skill Development, Financial Inclusion, Services Sector Development- Particularly in Tourism, Hospitality & Food Processing.
- Which State Government unveiled an ambitious project to install Wi-Fi facility in all gram panchayats across the state?
5. RajasthanAnswer – 2. Karnataka
Karnataka State Government unveiled an ambitious project to install Wi-Fi facility in all gram panchayats across the state. During this year itself, Wi-Fi facility will be installed in 2500 gram panchayats. At Bengaluru Tech Summit 2017, Karnataka Chief Minister, Siddaramaiah stated that the objective of this project is to bridge the digital divide.
- Which Shrine board was pulled up by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for not providing proper infrastructure facilities to pilgrims travelling to the Shrine?
1. Ajmer Dargha
2. Amarnath Temple Shrine
3. Arunachala Temple
4. Somnath Temple
5. Golden Temple ShrineAnswer – 2. Amarnath
National Green Tribunal (NGT) rapped the Amarnath Shrine Board for not providing proper infrastructure facilities to pilgrims travelling to Amarnath Shrine. NGT has directed the board to submit a status report on the same by first week of December 2017. Besides, NGT has formed a committee of experts, headed by Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, to recommend an action plan to the board on providing facilities to pilgrims.
- Which North Eastern state first time launched the Point of Sale (PoS) for electricity bill payment?
5. West BengalAnswer – 2. Nagaland
Nagaland became the first among the North Eastern states to launch Point of Sale (PoS) for electricity bill payment. The PoS facility was formally launched by State Chief Secretary, Pankaj Kumar, at Kohima Electrical Sub-division-1 in Kohima on 16th November 2017. Pankaj Kumar said that, the department has been losing around Rs 150 crore annually due to non-payment of bills by consumers and asked the citizens to pay sincerely.
- Which Indian state inaugurated the fourth edition of ‘Hunar (skill) Haat’?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
Union Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated the fourth edition of ‘Hunar Haat’ at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. ‘Hunar (skill) Haat’ is a platform created by the Minority Affairs Ministry to offer employment and market opportunities to artisans and craftsmen from minority communities. At the fourth edition of Hunar Haat works of artisans belonging to minority communities and Tihar Jail inmates are kept on display. This will continue till 27 November 2017.
- What is the rank of India out of 56 nations and European Union on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2018 according to the environmental organisation Germanwatch?
5. 50thAnswer – 2. 14th
India has ranked 14th out of 56 nations and European Union on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2018 released by environmental organisation Germanwatch. This marks an improvement from its 20th rank in CCPI 2017 China, which is one of the highest GHG emitting country, ranks 41st. Similar to last year’s rankings, top three rankings are still unoccupied as no country has adhered to commitments made in 2015 Paris Climate Accord that aims to keep the average global temperature rise below two degrees Celsius and as close as possible to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- In which country, the 4th Global Conference on Sustained Eradication of Child Labour was held at?
5. NetherlandsAnswer – 1. Argentina
Plenary session of 4th Global Conference on Sustained Eradication of Child Labour was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina on November 15, 2017. This Conference was jointly organised by Government of Argentina and International Labour Organization (ILO).
ii. While delivering the country statement at this conference, Union Minister of Women and Child Development, Maneka Gandhi stated that Indian Government is fully committed to continue working to eliminate child labour.
- In which city the BSE Institute Limited (BIL) and DLT Labs together have planned to set up the India’s first state-of-the-art Block Chain Lab?
5. KolkataAnswer – 4. Mumbai
BSE Institute Limited (BIL), a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE Limited has signed an Memorandum of Understanding with DLT Labs to set up the India’s first state-of-the-art Block Chain Lab in Mumbai. Objective behind signing this MoU is to provide knowledge driven, in class education and training in the field of financial technology, with a special emphasis on Block Chain. Both the entities expect Block Chain to be the next big disruptive financial technology.
- Who won Miss International 2017?
1. Natsuki Tsutsi
2. Amber Dew
3. Kevin Lilliana
4. Abigal Martey
5. Carla MaldonadoAnswer – 3. Kevin Lilliana
Indonesia’s Kevin Lilliana was crowned Miss International 2017 by the Philippines’ Kylie Verzosa at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan. The coronation night was held at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan. This is the first Miss International title for Indonesia. Kevin Lilliana is 21 years old. She is a model. She has won the crown beating 68 candidates from across the world.
- Who has topped the Forbes list of Asia’s Richest Families for the first time with a net worth of $44.8 billion?
1. India’s Mittal family
2. South Korea’s Lee family
3. India’s Ambani family
4. India’s Premji family
5. Hong Kong’s Kwok familyAnswer – 3. India’s Ambani family
India’s Ambani family has topped the Forbes list of Asia’s Richest Families for the first time with a net worth of$44.8 billion, up $19 billion from the previous year. The collective wealth of Asia’s 50 richest families on the list is a record $699 billion. The 2nd position was secured by, South Korea’s Lee family with $40.8 billion wealth. Hong Kong’s Kwok family ranks 3rd with a net worth of $40.4 billion.
- Which movie bagged most of the awards at Nandi awards, Andhra Pradesh?
2. Baahubali: The Beginning
5. RudraveenaAnswer – 2. Baahubali: The Beginning
Andhra Pradesh government announced Nandi Awards of the year 2014, 2015 and 2016. Baahubali won fourteen awards and Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth were the winners of NTR honour. Nandi Awards are considered Andhra Pradesh’s most prestigious honour. The main ceremony is scheduled to be held in December 2017. Baahubali has become the only film to collect fourteen awards in different categories. The Baahubali team collected awards for the best film, director, supporting actress, villain, cinematographer, playback singer (male), music, choreographer, fight master, dubbing and special effects.
- Which Indian state’s Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC) bagged the ADI PEC (Abu Dhabi Intl Petroleum Exhibition and Conference) Excellency in Energy Awards 2017 as runner-up, in Abu Dhabi?
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. RajasthanAnswer – 1. Andhra Pradesh
The ADI PEC (Abu Dhabi Intl Petroleum Exhibition and Conference) Excellency in Energy Awards 2017 has honoured the Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC) as the winner for the second position in the category of “social contribution in country value.” The Managing Director Venkaiah Chowdhary of APMDC said that, APMDC was given the award for setting new benchmarks in the particular area which would further boost the performance of the corporation.
- Who was appointed to the Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board of the Bank of International Settlement (BIS)?
1. Narendra Modi
2. Ajay Thyagi
3. Sushma Swaraj
4. Urjit Patel
5. Arun JaitelyAnswer – 4. Urjit Patel
RBI Governor Urjit Patel was appointed to the Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board of the Bank of International Settlement (BIS). Bank of International Settlement (BIS) is a global financial organisation owned by major central banks from across the world. The Financial Stability Institute (FSI) of the BIS assists financial sector authorities worldwide in strengthening their financial systems. The Advisory Board will provide strategic advice to help the FSI continue to meet its mandate in a way that is responsive to the changing needs of its key stakeholders around the world.
- Name the web portal launched by R.K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, which is a Platform for Monitoring Universal Household Electrification?
5. TejasAnswer – 3. Saubhagya
R.K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, launched the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – ‘Saubhagya’ Web Portal. The Saubhagya portal can be accessed at http://saubhagya.gov.in. This is a platform for monitoring household electrification progress. Through this online platform every State would feed in the current status of progress of electrification works, hence enabling the creation of a system of accountability for the State utility.
- In which state, the Bharat Stage VI (BS-VI) fuel will be introduced from April 1, 2018, much ahead of the earlier deadline of 2020, so that the pollution can be reduced?
1. Jammu Kashmir
5. MizoramAnswer – 2. Delhi
Union Petroleum Ministry announced that Bharat Stage VI (BS-VI) fuel will be introduced in Delhi from April 1, 2018, much ahead of the earlier deadline of 2020. BS-VI – equivalent to Euro-VI grade, is the cleanest fuel. Thus, advancing its introduction will help to curb air pollution in Delhi that has reached alarming levels. Earlier, Government had decided to leapfrog straight to BS-VI emission norm complaint petrol and diesel from April 2020 from current BS-IV grade.
- Which country was announced as the surprise host of the 2023 Rugby World Cup?
5. FranceAnswer – 5. France
France was announced as the surprise host of the 2023 Rugby World Cup. Ireland got eight votes in the first round, compared to 18 for France and 13 for South Africa. In the second round, France won by 24 votes to 15. Ireland’s bid was rated as the weakest of the three nations in contention by World Rugby’s technical review group. Its report said that, South Africa was its preferred candidate.
- Who is V. Khalid?
1. Former High Court judge
2. Former Supreme Court judge
3. Former MLA
4. Former MP
5. Former CMAnswer – 2. Former Supreme Court judge
Retired Supreme Court judge V. Khalid died in Kannur.
Justice Khalid was 95 years old. His last rites were performed at the Juma Masjid. He had served as judge in the Kerala High Court and as Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He is survived by wife and daughter. He began his career as a lawyer at the Kannur munsiff court in 1948 and moved to the Thalassery bar in 1949.
- To which field, Kunwar Narain belongs to?
5. VocalistAnswer – Eminent Hindi poet and Jnanpith awardee Kunwar Narayan passed away at his home in New Delhi. Kunwar Narayan was in coma since July 4 after suffering from brain haemorrhage. He died on 15th November 2017 at his home in New Delhi. He was cremated at Lodhi crematorium. He was born on 9 September 1927 in Uttar Pradesh’s Faizabad. Kunwar Narayan was known for his poetry, stories and critiques.
Eminent Hindi poet and Jnanpith awardee Kunwar Narayan passed away at his home in New Delhi. Kunwar Narayan was in coma since July 4 after suffering from brain haemorrhage. He died on 15th November 2017 at his home in New Delhi. He was cremated at Lodhi crematorium. He was born on 9 September 1927 in Uttar Pradesh’s Faizabad. Kunwar Narayan was known for his poetry, stories and critiques.
- When is the Philosophy Day celebrated all over the world?
1. 12th November
2. 13th November
3. 14th November
4. 15th November
5. 16th NovemberAnswer – 5. 16th November
On 16th November 2017, World Philosophy Day was celebrated all over the world. World Philosophy Day was introduced in 2002 by UNESCO (the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). In 2005 the UNESCO General Conference declared that World Philosophy Day would be celebrated every third Thursday of November.The Dvaita Philosophy Resource Centre (DPRC), Manipal University, celebrated the World Philosophy Day 2017 with a special seminar. The seminar was on “The intellectual duties of the King: An Indian perspective”.
- When is the International Day for Endurance or Tolerance observed all over the world?
1. 16th November
2. 17th November
3. 18th November
4. 19th November
5. 20th NovemberAnswer – 1. 16th November
On 16th November 2017, International Day for Endurance or Tolerance was observed all over the world. The International Day for Tolerance is observed every year on 16 November. It was declared by UNESCO in 1995 to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance. In 1995, to mark the United Nations Year for Tolerance and the 125th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi, UNESCO created a prize for the promotion of tolerance and non-violence.
- What is considered as the moral watchdog of the press?
1. Press council
2. Government of India
3. Fundamental Rights
4. Directive Principles
5. Article 19Answer – 1. Press council
On 16th November 2017, National Press Day was observed in India. National Press Day is symbolic of a free and responsible press in India. This was the day on which the Press Council of India started functioning in 1966. The Press Council is a moral watchdog to ensure that if the press maintain the high standards expected from this powerful medium and also that it was not affected by the influence or threats of any extraneous factors.