AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 14 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- “Project Saksham” is related to which of the following?
1. Indian Airways
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Railways
4. Indian Army
5. Indian RoadwaysAnswer – 3. Indian Railways
Indian Railways will start ‘Project Saksham’, India’s largest time-bound ‘upskilling’ exercise, to upgrade the skill sets of its 13 lakh employees. ‘Sakham’ is a Hindi word which translates as ‘capable’ in English. ‘Project Saksham’ will begin in January 2018 and will continue till September 2018.This project comprises training courses and specially designed skill-upgrade modules. Every employee of Indian Railways, from the rank of a peon to the Railway Board Members, will have to undergo training under ‘Project Saksham’
- Which is the largest ever assessment survey on national level was conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) across India to ascertain learning level of students?
1. National Achievement Survey
2. Field survey
3. Telephonic survey
4. Entrepreneurship achievement survey
5. National Awareness SurveyAnswer – 1. National Achievement Survey (NAS)
National Achievement Survey (NAS), the largest ever assessment survey on national level was conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) across India on November 13, 2017 to ascertain learning level of students. This survey has been amongst the largest national level surveys in the world. NAS was conducted for the Classes 3, 5 and 8 in government and government aided schools.
Survey Tools: Multiple test booklets with 45 questions in Classes III and V related to language, mathematics and 60 questions in Class VIII in Mathematics, Language, Sciences and Social Sciences. Questionnaires pertaining to students, teachers and schools were also used
- In which Indian city, the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference is held at?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference is held in New Delhi. The APCERT conference is organized by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the control of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology. This is the 15th Conference of APCERT and first ever conference in India and South Asia. It is attended by 21 economies. The conference theme is “Building Trust in the Digital Economy”. The open session including industry, academia, civil society and Government stakeholders will be held on 15 November 2017.
- Where did the President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2017?
3. New Delhi
5. SrinagarAnswer – 3. New Delhi
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) – 2017, at Pragati Maidan, in New Delhi. The India International Trade Fair (IITF) -2017 is a 14-day event. It is organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO). The theme for ITTF 2017 is “Startup India: Stand Up India”. Jharkhand is the partner state for the fair and Vietnam is the partner country.
- Which state celebrates the Traditional International ‘Lavi fair’?
4. Himachal Pradesh
5. MizoramAnswer – 4. Himachal Pradesh
Traditional International ‘Lavi fair’ was held from 11th -14th November, 2017 in Rampur, Himachal Pradesh. The fair was inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh Governor, Acharya Dev Vrat. The governor also inaugurated the ‘Kinnauri market’ and exhibition put up by various Government departments. Lavi Fair has been an important point of trade between India and Tibet for centuries.
- Which state inaugurated, the 4th India-Canada Annual Ministerial Dialogue (AMD)?
1. Jammu Kasmir
3. New Delhi
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. New Delhi
4th India-Canada Annual Ministerial Dialogue (AMD) begun in New Delhi on November 14, 2017. Canadian delegation was led by the Canadian International Trade Minister, François-Philippe Champagne, whereas Union Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu led the Indian side. Discussions at the Dialogue focused on some of the key commercial drivers to enhance th e India-Canada partnership.
- In which state, the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) has planned to set up a Centre of Excellence?
2. Uttar Pradesh
5. KarnatakAnswer – 3. Kerala
Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) is to set up a Centre of Excellence in Kochi, Kerala. i. This centre will facilitate the exchange of research findings and studies in the field of fisheries and ocean studies among IORA member countries. With the establishment of a dedicated centre for research, there will be no duplication of research by different member countries. IORA Centre of Excellence in Kochi will be digitally connected to IORA’s member countries, and researchers in member countries would be provided access to data and information stored in the centre.
- Who will be the chairperson of Delhi Village Development Board (DVDB)?
1. Prime Minister
3. Delhi’s CM
4. Delhi’s Transport Minister
5. Delhi’s Development MinisterAnswer – 5. Delhi’s Development Minister
Delhi Cabinet approved to set up Delhi Village Development Board (DVDB) for civic works in rural and urban villages of Delhi. Delhi’s Development Minister will be the chairperson of DVDB. Besides, two MLAs nominated by Delhi Government will be vice-chairpersons of the board. Village Development Committees (VDCs) will be set up to assist in carrying out survey of the villages for assessing the current state of facilities and identifying priority areas for development works.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) restricted the number of pilgrims visiting Vaishno Devi shrine to how many numbers a day?
3. 1 Lakh
5. 30,000Answer – 1. 50,000
the National Green Tribunal (NGT) directed that, only 50,000 pilgrims will be allowed to visit the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu to avoid any unwanted incidents. It also said that, a new path to the shrine exclusively for pedestrians and battery-operated cars will be opened from 24 November 2017. No horses or mules shall be allowed on the new route to the shrine and these animals shall be removed slowly from the old path also.
- In which country, the Curtain Raiser Event for the Founding Ceremony of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held at?
1. Berlin, Germany
2. Munich, Germany
3. Bonn, Germany
4. Hamburg, Germany
5. Heidelberg, GermanyAnswer – 3. Bonn, Germany
A Curtain Raiser Event for the Founding Ceremony of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held at Bonn, Germany on November 13, 2017. The event was addressed by Anand Kumar, Secretary, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and C.K. Mishra, Secretary, Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. Interim Director General of the ISA, Upendra Tripathy, informed that ISA will become a treaty-based international intergovernmental organisation on December 6 2017.
- Which country hosted the 10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES)?
5. NepalAnswer – 5. Nepal
10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES) begun in Kathmandu, Nepal on November 14, 2017. Theme of this summit: “Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia”. It has been organised by National Planning Commission and Ministry of Commerce of Nepal and South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment, Nepal.
- As per a recent report by Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA-ML), by 2028, India is in which position regarding economy, in terms of nominal gross domestic product (GDP)?
5. 6thAnswer – 2. 3rd
As per a recent report by Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA-ML), by 2028, India is likely to overtake Japan as world’s third largest economy, in terms of nominal gross domestic product (GDP). This projection is based on the assumption that Indian economy will grow at 10% rate in US dollar terms over the next 10 years, ahead of Japan’s 1.6% growth rate. Besides, the report has forecasted that India will become a world’s fifth largest economy (ahead of France and United Kingdom) by 2019.
- Which Indian state has been awarded the Geographical Indications (GI) status for ‘Rosogolla’?
2. West Bengal
5. JharkhandAnswer – 2. West Bengal
the Geographical Indications (GI) Registry announced that, West Bengal has been awarded the Geographical Indications (GI) status for ‘Rosogolla’. The Geographical Indications (GI) Registry has said that, the ‘Rosogolla’ originated in West Bengal and not Odisha. West Bengal and Odisha have been fighting a legal battle over the origin of the sweet meat ‘Rosogolla’ since June 2015. The GI announcement has come months after the Odisha government formed a panel to formally lay claims on ‘Rosogolla’.
- Who won the Indian Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) award at the Indian Sports Honours (ISH) 2017 event held in Mumbai?
1. Mithali Raj
2. Sakshi Malik
3. Saina Nehwal
4. P V Sindhu
5. Sania MirsaAnswer – 1. Mithali Raj
Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj bagged the Indian Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) award at the Indian Sports Honours (ISH) 2017 event held in Mumbai.
Also, Mithali-led Indian woman’s cricket team, which ended as runners-up in the ICC world Cup 2017, won the Team of the Year award. The Indian Sports Honours was launched jointly by Indian cricketer Virat Kohli and business person Sanjeev Goenka, with the idea of honouring persons who brought glory to the nation.
- Who is appointed as president of 36th International Geological Congress?
1. B B S Singal
2. Vijay Prasad Dimri
3. B G Despande
4. P K Verma
5. Kabitha GoswamiAnswer – 2. Vijay Prasad Dimri
scientist Vijay Prasad Dimri was appointed as the president of the 36th International Geological Congress (IGC), a global platform for advancement of earth science, to be held in New Delhi in 2020. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Vijay Prasad Dimri’s appointment in place of Shailesh Nayak. This was stated in the order issued by Department of Personnel and Training, without citing any reasons.
- Who was re-elected for the second term in Slovenia as the president in a runoff vote?
1. Rabi Narayan Mishra
2. Pankaj Kalita
3. Manjari Wason
4. Borut Pahor
5. Rathindra NathAnswer – 4. Borut Pahor
Slovenian President Borut Pahor was re-elected for a second term in a runoff vote. According to the Slovenian Election Commission, Borut Pahor had won about 53 % of the vote and opponent Marjan Sarec had 47 % with 99.9 % of the votes counted. Borut Pahor was forced into a second-round run-off after falling short of securing a majority in the first round in October 2017. In the first round three weeks ago, Pahor won about 47 % of the vote among nine candidates, with Sarec coming in second with almost 25 %.
- Who became the first transgender to be inducted into Rajasthan Police?
1. Ganga Kumari
2. Subothi Kumar
3. Neeru Rawal
4. Surya Parkash
5. Tapas KumariAnswer – 1. Ganga Kumari
Ganga Kumari became the first transgender to be inducted into Rajasthan Police. The Rajasthan High Court has directed the police department to appoint Ganga Kumari as a constable, after officials denied her a post due to her gender and reported lack of clarity of rules in 2015. Justice Dinesh Mehta has asked the Rajasthan police force to appoint Ganga Kumari within six weeks from the date of the order along with the notional benefits from year 2015.
- India’s first offshore desalination plant is to be built near which coast?
5. ChennaiAnswer – 5. Chennai
Director of National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) Satheesh C Shenoi said that, scientists from NIOT will build India’s first offshore desalination plant about 40km from the Chennai coast. This desalination plant is estimated to cost Rs. 2,000 crore. It will be designed and built by NIOT scientists off the shores of Ennore. The capacity of the plant will be 10 million litres of water per day.
- Where did India’s first wave-powered navigational buoy, to guide ships in and out of ports was launched?
5. KochiAnswer – 4. Chennai
India’s first wave-powered navigational buoy, developed by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), to guide ships in and out of ports was launched in Chennai. The wave-powered navigation buoy has been deployed at Ennore Kamarajar Port, in Chennai. It would help ships, moving in and out of the harbour, navigate through a designated channel.The wave-powered navigational buoy would record data on wind speed and direction, which would be relayed to port authorities. It gets energy from waves to power its beacon. Whereas, conventional buoys are solar-powered.
- Name the first satellite launched by the Space Kingdom of Asgardia (virtual nation) into space from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.
5. VirAsgar-1Answer – 3. Asgardia-1
The Space Kingdom of Asgardia (virtual nation) launched its first satellite ‘Asgardia-1’ into space from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia. The Asgardia – so-called ‘virtual nation’ is the project of Russian scientist and billionaire Igor Ashurbeyli. In 2016, he proposed a new nation which would be based in space in order to be outside of the control of nations on Earth. The Asgardia-1 satellite, which is about the size of a loaf of bread, contains half a terabyte of data. It holds the foundations of the project – the nation’s constitution, its national symbols, and data from its 115,000 citizens.
- Which country has launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge?
5. ChinaAnswer – 5. China
China has launched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge. The ship is 70.5-metre-long and weighs about 600 tonnes. It was launched in Guangzhou in South China’s Guangdong Province. The ship has been manufactured by the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Ltd.
- Who won the Brazilian Grand Prix, a Formula One championship race, in Sao Paulo, Brazil?
1. Alarin Prost
3. Valtteri Boltas
4. Sebastian Vettel
5. Max VerstappenAnswer – 4. Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the Brazilian Grand Prix, a Formula One championship race, in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Valtteri Bottas started the race at the pole position. Vettel controlled the race after taking the lead from Valtteri Bottas. The Formula One world championship title had already been decided at the Mexican Grand Prix, two weeks earlier.
- Which country’s cricketer, Saeed Ajmal announced his retirement from all forms of cricket?
5. SaudiAnswer – 1. Pakistan
Saeed Ajmal has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket two years after his bowling action was remarked as illegal for the second time. During a successful but controversial career, Saeed Ajmal was once celebrated as the world’s number one bowler in one-day internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 cricket, and was almost as successful in Tests. His last match was at Galle in Sri Lanka in 2014, where his bowling action was reported for a second time. It was first reported during an ODI series against Australia in the UAE in 2009.
- Which country got disqualified for the first time in Football World Cup 2018?
5. IranAnswer – 4. Italy
Italy failed to qualify for the Football World Cup 2018 for the first time since 1958 at San Siro, Italy. Italy was disqualified for Football World Cup 2018, as they were held to a 0-0 draw in the second leg of their play-off by Sweden, who qualified with a 1-0 aggregate victory. Italy is the 2006 Football World Cup winner. It is the third time that the Italians will not compete at the Football World Cup, after not going to the first edition in 1930 and not qualifying for the 1958 finals in Sweden. Italy has won the Football World Cup title four times in 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006.
- What is the theme of 2017 World Diabetes Day?
1. Healthy Eating
2. ‘Eyes on Diabetes
3. ‘Protect our Future: Diabetes Education and Prevention
4. ‘Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future’
5. ‘Go Blue for BreakfastAnswer – 4. ‘Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future’
World Diabetes Day 2017 is ‘Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future’. World Diabetes Day was launched in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) in response to the rapid rise of diabetes around the world.
2013: Protect our Future: Diabetes Education and Prevention.
2014: Go Blue for Breakfast.
2015: Healthy Eating.
2016: Eyes on Diabetes.
2017: Women and diabetes – our right to a healthy future.
- On whose birth anniversary, the Children’s Day was celebrated all over India?
1. Subash Chandra Bose
2. Mahatma Gandhi
3. Aringar Anna
4. Jawaharlal Nehru
5. Motilal NehruAnswer – 4. Jawaharlal Nehru
On 14th November 2017, Children’s Day was celebrated all over India. Children’s Day is celebrated across India to increase awareness of the rights, care and education of children. It is celebrated on 14 November every year on the birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru also called ‘Chacha Nehru’.
Static GK questions from Current Affairs
- When were Swami Vivekananda born and which year his birthday was declared as National youth day? Answer -Answer– 12th January 1863,and 1984 declared as National youth day.
- Who is Chairman of the Indian Railway Board? Answer -Ashwani Lohani
- Where is headquarter of “National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)” and name the director of NCERT? Answer -Sri Aurbindo Marg in New Delhi , Dr Hrushikesh Senapathy
- A in NAS? under Ministry of Human Resource Development of India. Answer -National Achievement Survey(NAS)
- What is the motto of Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT)? Answer -Handling Cyber Security Incidents
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) is functioning under the control of which ministry?Answer -Suresh Prabhu (Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
- What is the capital and currency of Tibet?Answer -Lhasa , Renminbi
- Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) is Intergovernmental association of 21 countries for promoting co-operation and closer interaction among Indian Ocean-bordering countries.What is the headquarters and Secretary General of (IORA) ? Answer -Ebene, Mauritius and K V Bhagirath
- Expand ISA. Answer -International Solar Alliance.
- What is the full form of BofA-ML and CRISIL? Answer -Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA-ML), Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
- Name the winter capital of Himachal Pradesh. Answer – Dharmashala