Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off a weekly ‘Shabd Bhedi’ Superfast Express train to run between which cities?
A.Ghazipur and Kolkata
B.Jaipur and Kolkata
C.Bathinda and Ghazipur
D.Ghazipur and Jaipur
Answer – A.Ghazipur and Kolkata
The Prime Minister flagged off a weekly ‘Shabd Bhedi’ Superfast Express train between Ghazipur and Kolkata.
- Recently Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu Laid the Foundation Stone Of Rajpura-Bathinda Railway Project in Punjab.What is the total outlay of the project?
Answer – C.Rs.1251.25 crore
Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu laid foundation stone of a railway doubling project, 16 limited height subways and dedicated the newly doubled Mansa-Bathinda rail line to the nation on November 13, 2016 in PunjaB.The total Outlay of the project is: Rs 1251.25 crore.
- The 14-Days India International Trade Fair (IITF)is organized in which state?
Answer – B.New Delhi
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 36th India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on November 14, 2016.
- Meghalaya Launched the India’s First Cherry Blossom Festival. Who is the Chief Minister of the state?
A.Shri Okram Ibobi Singh
C.Sh. Naveen Patnaik
Answer – D.Mukul Sangma
Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma inaugurated the four day Cherry Blossom Festival in Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Which language will be included as a part of foreign language in Australia’s Pre-schools?
Answer – C.Hindi
Australia announced an online program for its pre-schools to learn foreign languages, including Hindi from 2017.
- In which country Federal bank is to open its first international bank?
Answer – B.Dubai
Federal Bank has received Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s permission to open its first international branch at the Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has recently approved a three-year $12 billion loan program for which Middle East nation?
Answer – B.Egypt
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a 3 year loan program of $12 billion for Egypt, which is the largest such package in the record of Middle East nation.
- Who was awarded as the best actor at 2016 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards?
B.Sir Ian McKellen
Answer – A.Ralph Fiennes
Ralph Fiennes, A 53-year-old actor, won the best actoraward for two plays, at the 2016 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards. The actor was awarded for his performances in both “The Master Builder” and “Richard III” at a star-studded bash held at London’s Old Vic Theatre.
- Who won the 2016 Bulgarian presidential elections?
Answer – D.Rumen Radev
Right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party candidate Tsetska Tsacheva, speaker of parliament, was defeated by Socialist Party-supported independent candidate Rumen Radev in the country’s presidential election.
- Who has been named as the chief of staff to the new administration of the USA president-elect Donald Trump?
D.John R. Bolton
Answer – B.Reince Priebus
Donald Trump has named Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus as chief of staff to his new administration and former Breitbart CEO Steve Bannon as chief strategist and senior counselor to the president.
- Who has been appointed as the Head of Global Indian Banking by Yes Bank?
Answer – C.Amresh Acharya
Mumbai based YES Bank appointed Amresh Acharya as Group President and head of Global Indian Banking.
- Where is International Labour Organization(ILO)headquatered?
C.New York, US
D.Washinton DC, US
Answer – A.Geneva, Switzerland.
ILO is also known as known as the “parliament of labour”. It organizes the International Labour Conference in Geneva every year in June. It is Headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland.
- Samsung Electronics has aquired auto-systems maker Harman International Industries for______________
A.USD 11 billion
B.USD 10 million
C.USD 7.5 billion
D.USD 8 billion
Answer – D. USD 8 billion
South Korean company Samsung Electronics to acquire auto-systems maker Harman International Industries for USD 8 billion. It would be the Samsung’s biggest ever acquisition.
- Which social networking company has set a world record transmitting at nearly20 Gbps with MMW (Milli Meter Wave) technology ?
Answer – C.Facebook
Facebook’s Connectivity Lab set a world record transmitting at nearly 20 Gbps for 13.2 kilometers with MMW (Milli Meter Wave) technology.
- An all-women crew onboard INSV Mhadei was flagged off from Goa to participate in ‘Capeto Rio Race 2017’. The race is
A.Longest continent to Continent yacht race.
B.Largest humanitarian exercise of world navies
C.Longest navigation exercise undertaken by Indian Navy
D.Both A and B
Answer – A.Longest continent to Continent yacht race.
An all-women crew of the Indian Navy was set off in the Indian Navy Sailing Vessel Mhadei for the ‘Cape 2 Rio Yacht Race 2017’ on November 9, 2016.
- Which bacteria has been identified in chicken that is a source of transmission of the multidrug resistance pathogen to humans ?
Answer – B.Helicobacter pullorum
A group of researchers from Hyderabad have identified Helicobacter pullorum bacterium in chicken that may be source of transmission of the multidrug resistance pathogen to humans.
- Which country is the biggest emitter of CO2 as per the study of University of East Anglia (UEA) in the UK and the Global Carbon Project ?
Answer – A.China
According to researchers at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in the UK and the Global Carbon Project, India‘s carbon emissions from burning fossil fuels increased by 5.2 per cent, China, the biggest emitter of CO2 emissions decrease by 0.7 per cent in 2015, US’sCO2 emission is decrease by 1.7 per cent in 2016.
- Who won the Brazilian Grand Prix 2016 ?
Answer – B.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton, British Formula One racing driver from England, won the Brazilian Grand Prix.
- UK’s First Indian-Origin Sikh Judge who died recently ?
Answer – D.Mota Singh
Mota Singh, an Indian-origin Sikh, who became UK’s first-ever ethnic minority judge to sit on the English Bench wearing a turban instead of a horse-hair wig, died.He was 86.
- Veteran RSS leader and leading educationalist of Saurashta region who passed away recently ?
C.M. S. Golwalkar
D.K. S. Sudarshan
Answer –A.Pravin Maniar
Veteran RSS leader and leading educationalist of Saurashta region Pravin Maniar passed away at Rajkot, Gujarat. He was 82.
- In which city the second edition of National children’s film festival (NCFF)organized?
Answer – B.Jaipur
The second edition of National children’s film festival (NCFF) began in Jaipur on the occasion of the children’s day. THE Theme of the second edition of NCFF is “Make in India”.
- When is World Diabetes Day observed ?
C November 14
D November 12
Answer – C.November 14
World Diabetes Day was observed on November 14th to raise awareness about diabetes