AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
Questions Based on Current Affairs November 12 2019
- Where was the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) conference held ?
1) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
2) Kochi, Kerala
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-4) New Delhi, Delhi
On November 11 2019, The Ministry of Defence (MoD) organized ‘Def-Connect’ to showcase the achievements of the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) initiative and create a strong outreach towards the future entrepreneurs of the defence sector. The aim of this conference is to connect all stakeholders of iDEX ecosystem to showcase the countries growth towards defence sector. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was the Chief Guest of the event. iDEX Portal, Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC)-III was also launched.
- Who will chair the committee constituted by union ministry of water resources (MoWR) to draft a new National Water Policy (NWP) ?
1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2) Mihir Shah
3) Shashi Shekhar
4) Ashwin Pandya
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Mihir Shah
On November 11, 2019, the union ministry of water resources (MoWR) has announced a committee to draft a new National Water Policy (NWP). The committee comprising of 10 members, will be headed by Mihir Shah, a former planning commission member and a water expert. The committee will have to produce its report within 6 months.
- Which journal has released a report titled ‘Anaemia among men in India: A nationally representative cross-sectional study’ ?
1) Global Health Action
2) Health and Human Rights Journal
3) Lancet Global Health
4) Human Resources for Health
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Lancet Global Health
A report titled ‘Anaemia among men in India: A nationally representative cross-sectional study’ was published in the journal Lancet Global Health. The report was on anaemia in Indian men. The report mainly aimed to determining the prevalence of anaemia among men in India has found that 23.2 per cent of men had anaemia, ranging from mild to moderate to severe degrees.
- Which state has the highest anaemia among men as per the report titled ‘Anaemia among men in India: A nationally representative cross-sectional study’ ?
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Bihar
The highest prevalence among men was in Bihar (32.9%), West Bengal (30.46%), Jharkhand (30.3%), Meghalaya (29.13%) and Odisha (28.45%).The lowest prevalence among men was in Manipur (9.19%), followed by Mizoram (9.78%), Nagaland (10.23%), Goa (10.68%) and Kerala (11.77%) as per the report titled ‘Anaemia among men in India: A nationally representative cross-sectional study’.
- Government has approved to set up four medical device parks to support Make in India,which of the following state is not among them ?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Karnataka
On November 11, 2019, Government has approved to set up four medical device parks to support Make in India and give world-class treatment in low cost. The four parks will be set up in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. These parks will provide better infrastructure, for the company to plug and play. The approval was given for the project of Andhra Pradesh Medtech Zone for establishing Common Facility Center (CFC) for Superconducting Magnetic coil testing and Research. The scheme recommends to provide Rs 25 crore or 70 per cent of the project cost of setting up of CFC.
- Where was the first of its kind global conference on the Sanskrit language, “Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan” held ?
1) Washington D.C., United States
2) New Delhi, India
3) Beijing, China
4) Tokyo, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer-2) New Delhi, India
The Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan, which is a first of its kind global conference on the Sanskrit language was held in New Delhi from November 9-11, 2019. The conference, organised by Samskrita Bharati, focused on discussing ideas, theories & research findings of the Sanskrit language. During the conference, an exhibition titled “Sanskriti Pradarshini” was put up displaying manus, models and charts showcasing the development of the Sanskrit language.Chief Minister(CM) of Himachal Pradesh(HP) Shri Jairam Thakur was honoured by Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu at the conference, for giving second language status to Sanskrit in the state.
- What was the theme of the inaugural conclave on “National Capital Region(NCR) -2041”?
1) Theme –“Delhi Capital for the world soon”
2) Theme –“National Capital for Tomorrow”
3) Theme –“Planning for Tomorrow’s Greatest Capital Region”
4) Theme –“Delhi-MetroPolis of Tomorrow’s world”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme –“Planning for Tomorrow’s Greatest Capital Region”
On November 11, 2019, The inaugural conclave on “National Capital Region(NCR) -2041” with the theme of the “Planning for Tomorrow’s Greatest Capital Region” was held in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Organized by the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB), the Conclave was chaired by Shri Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India(GoI).
- By which year, Delhi is set to become the world’s largest metropolis overtaking Tokyo ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 2028
The conclave aims to encourage deeper participation from all the stakeholders to address various issues related to the development of the largest metropolitan region of the world. As per a report by the United Nation (UN), by 2028, Delhi is set to become the world’s largest metropolis overtaking Tokyo.
- Which entities are mandated by RBI to create a reserve fund and it should transfer at least 20% of its net profit every year to the fund ?
1) Small Finance Bank(SFB)
2) Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
3) Micro finance Institution(MFI)
4) Housing Finance Companies (HFC)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Housing Finance Companies (HFC)
On November 11, 2019, India’s central bank, the Reserve of India (RBI) has come up with a master direction & decided to withdraw some exemptions from the provisions of Chapter IIIB of Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 applicable to Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) in terms of complying with regulations such as provisions and formation of reserve fund. It also decided to make provisions of Chapter IIIB except Section 45-IA of RBI Act, 1934.
- What is the revised India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) for the Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20), as per State Bank of India (SBI)’s report titled “EcoWrap” ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 5%
On November 12, 2019, the economic research team from the State Bank of India (SBI) in in it’s report titled “EcoWrap” has revised India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) to 5% from its earlier estimate of 6.1% for the Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20). This downgrade was due to global slowdown in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
- Name the Indian Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based App, which was launched in Singapore & become internationally available for the first time .
3) Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
soft launch was scheduled of the acceptance of BHIM-UPI QR (Bharat Interface for Money- Unified Payments Interface Quick Response) based payments in Singapore. With this transaction, BHIM usage for the first time enters an international country.
- Where will the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) set up 100 KLPD (Kiloliters per day) Ligno-Cellulosic 2G Ethanol Plant ?
1) Panipat, Haryana
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Patna, Bihar
4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Panipat, Haryana
On November 10, 2019, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Prakash Javadekar has approved the Rs 766 crore worth proposal of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) to set up 100 KLPD (Kiloliters per day) Ligno-Cellulosic 2G Ethanol Plant, a second-generation biomass-based fuel in Baholi, Panipat district of Haryana.
- Suranga Bawadi was selected as World Monument Watch list for 2020, it is located in which city
1) Amritsar, Punjab
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Vijayapura, Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Vijayapura, Karnataka
On November 12, 2019, Suranga Bawadi of Vijayapura, Karnataka, has been selected as the World Monument Watch List for 2020, by the New York-based non-governmental organisation. Suranga Bawadi was selected under the category of “Ancient Water System of the Deccan Plateau” along with 24 monuments across the world. It is one of the integral parts of the ancient Karez system of supplying water through subterranean tunnels, is now set to get funding for restoration.
- Arvind Sawant resigned from cabinet on November 11 2019, he holds which of the following ministry ?
1) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
2) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
On November 11 2019, Shiv Sena MP (Member of Parliament) Arvind Sawant resigned as the Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in Narendra Modi Cabinet. The resignation was accepted by the President Ram Nath Kovind. Arvind Sawant resigned because of the consequences between BJP and Shiv Sena over government formation in Maharashtra.
- Which NASA’s telescope has detected the burst of X-rays from outer space ?
1) Compton Gamma Ray Observatory Telescope
2) Spitzer Space Telescope
3) Neutron star Interior Composition Explorer (NICER) telescope
4) Hubble Space Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Neutron star Interior Composition Explorer (NICER) telescope
On November 7, 2019 American aerospace agency NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) had detected burst of X-rays from outer space through its Neutron star Interior Composition Explorer (NICER) telescope. The X-ray burst, the brightest ever seen through NICER at the International Space Station (ISS), was caused by thermonuclear flashes on the surface of a pulsar (highly magnetized rotating neutron star). The burst came from an object/pulsar named “J1808”. Publication: A paper describing the findings was published by The Astrophysical Journal Letters.
- Sumit Nagal was in news recently, he is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Tennis
As per the Association of Tennis Professional (ATP) men’s singles rankings 2019 released on November 11, 2019, Indian tennis player, Sumit Nagal (22) moved two place up & achieved his career-best 127th spot with 433 points. Spanish professional tennis player ,Rafael Nadal Parera (33) has retained his number one title with 9585 points .
- Who won men’s singles title in the Fuzhou China Open 2019 ?
1) Takeshi Kamura
2) Chou Tien-chen
3) Chou Tien-chen
4) Kento Momota
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Kento Momota
The 2019 Fuzhou China Open, organized by Chinese badminton association, was held from November 5-10 2019 at the Haixia Olympic Sports Center in Fuzhou, China.
Category Winner Runner Men’s Singles Kento Momota (Japan) Chou Tien-chen (Chinese Taipei) Women’s Singles Chen Yu Fei (China) Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) Men’s Doubles Marcus Fernaldi Gideon & Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo Keigo Sonoda & Takeshi Kamura (Japan) Women’s Doubles Sayaka Hirota & Yuki Fukushima (Japan) Lee So-hee & Shin Seung-chan (South Korea) Mixed Doubles Huang Dongping & Wang Yilü (China) Huang Yaqiong & Zheng Siwei (China)
- Which country’s Men’s Doubles pair, Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo created history by winning fourth straight men’s doubles in Fuzhou China Open 2019 ?
1) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Indonesia
The world number 1 men’s doubles pair of Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (Indonesia) and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia) defeated the India pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, and created history by winning fourth straight Fuzhou China Open title. It is also the first time by a men’s doubles pair to win the same title 4 consecutive times in the history of Superseries and World Tour Events.
- What was the theme of World Pneumonia Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Stop Pneumonia”
2) Theme – “Stop Pneumonia: Invest in Child Health”
3) Theme – “Healthy lungs for all”
4) Theme – “Protect against, prevent and treat pneumonia”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “Healthy lungs for all”
World Pneumonia Day, marked every year on November 12. The year 2019 marked the 10th anniversary of World Pneumonia Day to fight against pneumonia. The theme for the year 2019 is “Healthy lungs for all”. It was first observed in 2009. This day raises awareness about pneumonia, it’s causes, treatment, and prevention. India alone accounted for 70% of the global pneumonia burden in the year 2016, the total number of deaths among the under-five population was 1,58,176.
- On which date, Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed ?
1) November 12
2) November 13
3) November 14
4) November 11
5) None of theseAnswer-1) November 12
Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed annually on November 12 to celebrate and commemorate the first and last visit of Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio(AIR) in Delhi 1947.
Static GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tagline of State Bank of India (SBI) ? Answer-The banker to every Indian; With you all the way; Purely banking nothing else; The nation banks on us.
- India’s largest inland saltwater lake, Sambhar Lake is located in which state ? Answer-Rajasthan
Sambhar Lake was in news recently, because Thousands of migratory birds of about ten species were found dead around the lake.
- When was the Reserve of India (RBI) formed ? Answer-1 April 1935
- Where is the headquarter of Badminton World Federation (BWF) located ? Answer-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Who is the Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) ? Answer-Sanjiv Singh
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/november/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try November Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification