AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 12 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs November 12 2018
- Vaccinations in India are still out of reach of girls under the age of _____ in rural India, as per ‘2018 Pneumonia and Diarrhea Progress Report’ released by International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC), on November 11, 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 5
On November 11, 2018, according to an annual report released by International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, vaccinations in India are still out of reach of girls under the age of five in rural India. The name of the report is: 2018 Pneumonia and Diarrhea Progress Report. It was the 9th edition of the report and was released ahead of the 10th annual World Pneumonia Day — observed on November 12. The day efforts to fight pneumonia and diarrhea in 15 countries with the greatest number of deaths (70%) from these illnesses. The IVAC report also analyses how effectively countries are delivering or ensuring the use of 10 key interventions.
- Where was the Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities 2018 event held from 9th to 11th November 2018?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On November 9, 2018, Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment, Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar inaugurated 3-day Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018 event in New Delhi. It was organized by:
• Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD),
• Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
• In association with Rehabilitation International Koreaand
• Associated partner: LG Electronics.
- Which state/union territory is celebrating “Jashn-e-Virasat-e-Urdu”, a festival to celebrate Urdu culture and its heritage, from 10th to 15th November 2018?
3) Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Delhi
On 10th November 2018, Delhi government announced “Jashn-e-Virasat-e-Urdu”, a festival to celebrate Urdu culture and its heritage. This festival aims to promote the growth of Urdu as a language. It is a 6-day festival. It will end on November 15, 2018. It was inaugurated by Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, at Central Park, Connaught Place, in New Delhi. Various artistes and artforms practising Urdu including traditional forms like Chaar Bait, which is a rare traditional style of singing in Urdu, Dastangoi and Kissagoi will be performed.
- Where was Food and Agro Buyer-Seller Meet (BSM) held on 11th November 2018?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3) Beijing, China
4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
On November 11, 2018, a Food and Agro Buyer-Seller Meet (BSM) was held in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It was inaugurated by: Md. Noor Rahman Sheikh, Consul General of India in Jeddah and Hassan IbraheemDahlan, Secretary General of Jeddah Chamber. It was organized by: Consulate General of India in Jeddah in association with Jeddah Chamber and Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI). 25 Indian companies from food and agricultural products sector met the Saudi importers at the BSM. The participation comprised of Indian exporters of 4 key commodities namely: rice, tea, spices and dry fruits. This was organized to reduce the trade deficit by enhancing exports.
- How many MoUs were signed between India and Zimbabwe, during Indian Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to Zimbabwe, on 2nd November 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 6
On November 2, 2018, Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu reached Harare, Zimbabwe for his 2nd leg of the official tour at the invitation of Vice President of Zimbabwe. On his meeting with the Vice President of Zimbabwe, 6 MOUs were signed. Following MOUs were signed between the 2 countries:
• Cooperation in the fields of Geology, Mining and Mineral Resources
• Action Plan on Information and Communication Technology
• Cooperation in the field of Traditional Medicine and Homeopathy
• Cooperation in the field of Arts, Culture and heritage
• Cooperation and Collaboration on Broadcasting
• Visa Waiver Agreement for holder of diplomatic and official/service passport passports
- India extended the new line of credit for _____ dollars for 18 water projects in Malawi, on 5th November 2018?
1) $215.16 million
2) $423.67 milion
3) $512.89 million
4) $550.50 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $215.16 million
On November 5, 2018, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu called on His Excellency, the President of Malawi, Prof. Arthur Peter Mutharika. They discussed on the following matters:
• India extended the new line of credit for $215.16 million for 18 water projects spread over many areas of Malawi,
• Construction the Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Center in Blantyre,
• In Health sector, India gifted the Bhabatron Cancer Treatment Machine for the Kamuzu Central Hospital’s cancer wing, 10 ambulances as well as supply of essential medicines,
• Cooperation in pharmaceuticals and healthcare,
• Under the e-Vidhya Bharati and e-Aarogya Bharati initiative launched by India all over Africa, four universities and two medical colleges in Malawi have been selected
- Where was the 13th Annual Global Expo Botswana 2018 held on October 31, 2018?
1) Gaborone, Botswana
2) New Delhi, India
3) Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
4) New York, United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gaborone, Botswana
On October 31, 2018, VP inaugurated the 13th Annual Global Expo Botswana 2018 which was held in Gaborone, Botswana. In his address he mentioned the following:
• India and Botswana were amongst the fastest growing economies in the world, with growth rates of over 7 per cent a year.
• Urged the Indian companies that were participating in the forum to look for investment opportunities in the fastest growing economy in Africa.
• The delegation consisted of 25 companies, largest-ever delegation from India to Botswana, that from the state of Gujarat and from South India.
• They covered sectors such as health, ITC, food processing, energy, textiles, education and manufacturing.
- Who won the Comeback Player of the Year award at the ATP World Tour Awards 2018, on 11th November 2018?
1) Novak Djokovic
2) Stefanos Tsitsipas
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Roger Federer
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Novak Djokovic
On November 11, 2018, ATP World Tour Awards 2018 were announced. They were presented by Moët & Chandon. Following are the winners of the award:
Category Winner Comeback Player of the Year Novak Djokovic ATP World Tour No. 1 Doubles Team Oliver Marach- Mate Pavic (1st time) Most Improved Player of the Year Stefanos Tsitsipas Newcomer of the Year Alex de Minaur Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award Rafael Nadal (2nd time) Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award Tommy Robredo ATP Coach of the Year Marian Vajda Fans’ Favourite (Singles) Roger Federer (16th time) Fans’ Favourite (Doubles) Mike Bryan & Jack Sock Ron Bookman Media Excellence Award Sue Barker ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Tournament of the Year BNP Paribas Open (5th time) ATP World Tour 500 Tournament of the Year Fever-Tree Championships (2nd Time) ATP World Tour 250 Tournament of the Year Intrum Stockholm Open (2nd time)
- The LAMO Center located in _____, has been named winner of Award of Distinction, under the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage for 2018?
1) Ladakh, India
2) Sydney, Australia
3) Fujian, China
4) Saitama, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ladakh, India
On November 9, 2018, winners of 2018 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation was announced. 10 projects from five countries – Australia, China, India, Japan and Thailand – have been recognized by an international Jury of conservation experts. These were selected among 41 entries from eight countries across the Asia-Pacific region. The awards will be given out on 2019 which will mark the 20th anniversary of the Awards in Penang, Malaysia, where the Awards programme was originally launched. The event will be organized in collaboration with Malaysia’s urban regeneration organization Think City. The winners of the awards are:
Category Winner Country Award of Excellence Renewal of the early 20th-century Shijo-cho Ofune-hoko Float Machiya Japan Award of Distinction The LAMO Center Ladakh, India Award of Merit 5 Martin Place Sydney, Australia 5 Martin Place Fujian, China Commercial Bank of Honjo Warehouse Saitama, Japan Honourable Mention Hengdaohezi Town Heilongjiang, China Rajabai Clock Tower & University of Mumbai Library Building, Mumbai, India Ruttonsee Muljee Jetha Fountain Mumbai, India New Design in Heritage Contexts Kaomai Estate 1955, Chiang Mai, Thailand The Harts Mill Port Adelaide, Australia
- Which state government will start a dialogue for the purchase of 26 % equity shares of the Palatana gas thermal power project from the Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tripura
Tripura government will start a dialogue for the purchase of 26 % equity shares of the Palatana gas thermal power project from the Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS). Palatana gas thermal power project is a 726.6 mw gas-based power project. It is run by ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC). It was started in 2014 as a joint venture between ONGC, IDFC, IL&FS and Tripura government. Tripura owns 0.5 % share in the project. IL&FS will be selling its entire 26 % in the Palatana thermal project. Tripura is in the process of opening a dialogue with IL&FS to buy the 26 % shares. IL&FS had purchased 26 % equity shares at Rs 2.91 billion. Now, the equity shares are estimated at Rs 3 billion.
- Where was the 11th Asian Air Gun championship held from 3rd to 9th November 2018?
1) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2) Kuwait City, Kuwait
3) Singapore city, Singapore
4) Mumbai, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kuwait City, Kuwait
From 3rd to 9th November 2018, 11th Asian Air Gun championship was held at Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Olympic Shooting Complex at Kuwait City, in Kuwait. India’s junior shooters won a total of 11 medals: 4 gold, 5 silver and 2 bronze medals.
- Name the First Indian to be declared as the world number one freestyle wrestler in the 65 kg weight category, by United World Wrestling (UWW), on 10th November 2018?
1) Sushil Kumar
2) Bajrang Punia
3) Deepak Punia
4) Sathyan S
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bajrang Punia
The United World Wrestling (UWW) declared Bajrang Punia as the world number one freestyle wrestler in the 65 kg weight category, on 10th November 2018,he is the First Indian to receive such accolade.Bajrang Punia, who clinched the silver medal in the World Championships in Budapest in October 2018 rose to the top spot after gaining a massive 30-point lead over Alejandro Enrique Valdes Tobier of Cuba. Russia’s Akhmed Chakaev is now placed at the third position with 62 points.
- Name the author of the book ‘Yoga and Mindfulness’ released by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, on 29th October 2018?
1) Smriti Mandhana
2) Mansi Gulati
3) Shreya Shrivastava
4) Ruby Malik
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mansi Gulati
On 29th October 2018, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book ‘Yoga and Mindfulness’ authored by Yoga exponent, Ms. Mansi Gulati, at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Conference Hall, Vice President’s House, in New Delhi. This book stresses that, yoga is not just asanas, but anything you do with mindfulness and dedication is yoga. This book helps in making yoga a part of your daily day life. It explains the link between physical exercises and mindfulness. It helps in understanding the philosophy behind yoga and also explains how various asanas are performed, with the help of pictures. It also lists the benefits of every asana.
- When was National education day celebrated in India?
1) November 8
2) November 9
3) November 10
4) November 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 11
On 11th November 2018, National education day was celebrated across India. In 2008, Central Government declared November 11 as National education day. This day commemorates the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, freedom fighter, educationist and the first Education Minister of independent India from 1947 to 1958. This day recalls the contribution of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to education in India. On this day, various programmes are organized in schools throughout India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Sipahijola Wildlife Sanctuary located?Tripura
- Name the governor of Tamil Nadu?Banwarilal Purohit
- What is the capital and currency of Malawi?Capital – Lilongwe; Currency – Malawian kwacha
- Where is Bhitarkanika National Park located?Odisha
- Name the Chief Justice of India?Ranjan Gogoi
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification