AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 11 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On which field, the Cabinet approves MoU between India and Philippines?
5. TourismAnswer – 4. Agriculture
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved following initiatives and bilateral agreements. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Philippines on agriculture and related fields. Cabinet has approved agreement between India and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of China for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- What is the alternative mechanism for development and expansion of airports adopted by the Central Government?
1. Non drilling method
2. Three run-way system
3. Land Pooling method
4. Land drilling system
5. Go green methodsAnswer – 3. Land Pooling
Airports Authority of India (AAI) Chairman, Guruprasad Mohapatra has stated that, Central Government is working on adopting the ‘Land Pooling’ methodology as an alternative mechanism for development and expansion of airports. Indian aviation space has witnessed a significant surge in air passenger traffic in recent years. In order to accommodate this growth, AAI has already chalked out plans to expand current capacities of terminals and bays at airports. However the increased capacity too will be saturated on account of high growth and more land will be needed for further expansion.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cleared a proposal for creation of a _____________ which will conduct various entrance examinations?
1. National Testing Agency (NTA)
2. Human Resource Department (HRD)
5. IIMAnswer – 1. National Testing Agency (NTA)
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cleared a proposal for creation of a National Testing Agency (NTA) which will conduct various entrance examinations. Currently, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts Joint Engineering Entrance (JEE) Exam, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), Central Teacher Eligibility Test (twice a year) UGC’s National Eligibility Test (twice a year) and the entrance test for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. These exams/tests are in addition to CBSE’s own board exams.
- The labour commission of which state has certified the formation of the State IT/ITES Employees Union (KITU) under the Trade Union Act, 1926?
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 5. Karnataka
The labour commission of Karnataka has certified the formation of the Karnataka State IT/ITES Employees Union (KITU) under the Trade Union Act, 1926, and Karnataka Trade Unions Regulations, 1958. Since last year, large number of IT employees has been approaching the courts seeking solutions for grievances like indiscriminate layoffs and long working hours.
- Under the Prime Minister’s Ladakh Renewable Energy Initiative the power plant in which town has become the first project to be commissioned?
1. Samba, Jammu Kashmir
2. Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir
3. Leh, Jammu Kashmir
4. Pulwama, Jammu Kashmir
5. Drass, Jammu KashmirAnswer – 5. Drass, Jammu Kashmir
the New and Renewable Energy Ministry said that, the power plant in Biaras Drass of Kargil has become the first project to be commissioned under the Prime Minister’s Ladakh Renewable Energy Initiative. The Biaras Small Hydropower Project (SHP) of 1.5 Mw was commissioned on 4th November 2017. This is the first project to be commissioned under the Prime Minister’s Ladakh Renewable Energy Initiative (LREI). The total cost of the project is Rs 17 crore. It is fully funded by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Which state declares Urdu as second official language?
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer – 2. Telangana
Telangana Chief Minister, K Chandrasekhar Rao declared Urdu as the state’s second official language. Mr. Rao told the state assembly that the demand to make Urdu as second official language has been there for a long time. Every government office in Telangana from the Chief Minister’s Office to District Collectorate have been instructed to have an Urdu speaking officer and to receive all petitions in Urdu as well.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) along with which country rangers have decided to conduct Commandant-level talks along the International Border (IB) to resolve local issues?
5. PakistanAnswer – 5. Pakistan
The Border Security Force (BSF) and the Pakistan Rangers have decided to initiate dialogue at the local level again. This practice was suspended one-and-a-half years ago. Director General of BSF K.K Sharma said that, both the forces agreed to the proposal and the meetings would be held at regular intervals after a meeting withMajor General Muhammad Saeed, Director General, Sindh Rangers.
- Name the Private sector life insurance company that has entered into a tie-up with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) to sell retail and group insurance products to BBK’s customers in India?
1. PNB MetLife
2. Aviva India
3. Bajaj Alliance Life Insurance
4. IDBI Federal life Insurance
5. Exide Life InsuranceAnswer – 1. PNB MetLife
Private sector life insurance company PNB MetLife has entered into a tie-up with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) to sell retail and group insurance products to BBK’s customers in India. As per the terms of the tie-up, PNB MetLife will offer protection, health, savings and wealth plans to BBK’s customers in India spread across its branches. Besides the conventional products, customised insurance plans will also be offered to BBK customers in India.
- Haryana Agriculture University (HAU), Hisar, along with which country has decided to jointly work on a project to tackle issues like crop residue management?
5. ChinaAnswer – 4. Netherlands
Haryana Agriculture University (HAU), Hisar, and the Netherlands government decided to jointly work on a project to tackle issues like crop residue management. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Joint Working Group of the Indo-Dutch Collaboration presided over by HAU Vice-Chancellor, K P Singh, at Haryana Agriculture University. HAU and Netherlands would jointly work on a project to tackle issues like crop residue management and on bio-defence strategy, protected cultivation, peri-urban and urban horticulture, floriculture and hydroponic vegetables.
- Which company received the prestigious “Kalinga Safety Award” in the 8th Odisha State Safety Conclave?
1. Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL)
2. Odisha Mining Corporation Ltd (OMC)
3. Anand Industrial Gases Private Ltd
4. Deasia Teak Plantations Ltd
5. Tarun Traders Orivate LtdAnswer – 1. Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL)
Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL) received the prestigious “Kalinga Safety Award” in the 8th Odisha State Safety Conclave.The Odisha-based NINL got the award in gold category for best safety performer of the year 2016. S B Jagdale, Joint Managing Director, NINL received the award from Odisha Governor S C Jamir at 8th Odisha State Safety Conclave held in Bhubaneswar.
- Who was appointed as Ambassador of India to Ecuador?
1. Jaideep Sarkar
2. Ravi Bangar
3. Mukta Tomar
4. Shamma Jain
5. Debnath ShawAnswer – 2. Ravi Bangar
Ravi Bangar is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1982 batch. He is presently the Ambassador of lndia to Colombia. He has been concurrently (at the same time) appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Ecuador. His residence is in Bogota, Colombia. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Who is the first woman President of NASSCOM in 2018?
1. Indu Jain
2. Kiran Shaw
3. Debjani Ghosh
4. Indra Nooyi
5. Vandana LuthraAnswer – 3. Debjani Ghosh
NASSCOM has appointed Debjani Ghosh, former MD, Intel South Asia, as the NASSCOM President-Designate, making her the first woman President of NASSCOM. Debjani Ghosh would succeed R Chandrashekhar upon the completion of his term in March 2018. Debjani Ghosh has been a member of Nasscom’s Executive Council and a trustee of the Nasscom Foundation. She was also a managing director of Intel South Asia.
- Which Indian cricketer was made as a government nominee in the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) managing committee?
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Murali Vijay
4. MS Dhoni
5. Gautam GambhirAnswer – 5. Gautam Gambhir
The India cricketer, Gautam Gambhir was on 10th Nov 2017 made as a government nominee in the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) managing committee and he has made it clear that he would do his best to “restore glory days” of the much-defamed association. The current player of Kolkata Knight Riders, Gambhir thanked the Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in Twitter.
- Who is appointed as the Chief Innovation Officer for Telangana state?
1. Srinivas Muppaneni
2. Manohar Reddy
3. Samithi Reddy
4. Phanindra Sama
5. SravanthiAnswer – 4. Phanindra Sama
Co-founder of RedBus and serial entrepreneur Phanindra Sama has been appointed as Chief Innovation Officer for Telangana state. Minister for IT, KT Rama Rao handed over the appointment letter at Secretariat today. Sama is currently serving as a Patron in Kakatiya SandBox, an experimentation lab for people to work on solutions to local problems. Phanindra Sama hails from Nizamabad, Telangana. He received his Electrical Engineering degree from BITS Pilani and Post Graduation from Indian Institute of Science.
- Name the first Hindu lawmaker in the US Congress, who was named as the chairperson of the World Hindu Congress (WHC) to be held in Chicago in 2018?
1. Saira Blair
2. Jordan Steele
3. Craig Blair
4. Avery Bourne
5. Tulsi GabbardAnswer – 5. Tulsi Gabbard
Tulsi Gabbard, the first Hindu lawmaker in the US Congress, was named as the chairperson of the World Hindu Congress (WHC) to be held in Chicago in 2018. The World Hindu Congress is held once in every four years. The World Hindu Congress (WHC) is a global platform for Hindus to connect, share ideas, inspire one another and impact the common good.
- Which company has received approval from its board of directors to form a joint venture company with Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd (MECL) and NALCO Ltd?
1. Hindustan Coal Limited (HCL)
2. Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)
3. Aditya Birla Group
4. Anaconda Copper
5. Aricom LtdAnswer – 2. Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)
Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) has received approval from its board of directors to form a joint venture company with Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd (MECL) and NALCO Ltd. The three entities will now form a Joint Venture (JV) in the name of Khanij Bidesh India Ltd (KABIL). KABIL will have an authorised capital of Rs. 100 crore and paid-up capital of Rs 30 crore respectively.
- In which Indian city, Google Arts and Culture unveiled its first lab experiment at an exhibition at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS)?
5. TrivandrumAnswer – 1. Mumbai
Google Arts and Culture unveiled its first lab experiment in India at an exhibition at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS), Mumbai. As a part of first Google Arts & Culture Lab experiment in India, Google has collaborated with Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) and the British Museum in London to unveil Future Relics. Future Relics is an interactive installation that takes participants on a shared journey, connecting past with present whilst looking to the future.
- Virendra Sanghi is related to which of the following fields?
5. ResearcherAnswer – 4. Journalist
Virendra Sanghi passed away on 10th November 2017. He was 66 years old. He is survived by his wife and son. Virendra Sanghi had worked for the Samachar Bharti and PTI-Bhasha for a long period of time. His funeral took place on 11th November 2017.
- Milkha Singh is related to which of the following sport?
5. TennisAnswer – 3. Cricket
Former India cricketer A G Milkha Singh passed away after a cardiac arrest at a hospital in Chennai. Milkha Singh died due to cardiac arrest on 10th November 2017. He was 75 years old. He is survived by wife, a son and a daughter. Milkha Singh played Test matches in the 1960s. He was a flamboyant left-hand batsman and a fine fielder. He made his Ranji Trophy debut at 17 years.
- When is the National Education Day observed all over India?
1. 12th November
2. 11th November
3. 15th November
4. 19th November
5. 21st NovemberAnswer – 2. 11th November
National Education Day is celebrated on 11 November every year to mark the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.The Ministry of Human Resource Development announced on 11th September 2008 to celebrate 11th November as National Education Day to recall Azad’s contribution to the cause of education in India.
Static GK questions from Current Affairs
- Name the capital and currency of Colombia. Answer – Bogota,Peso
- NTA will be responsible to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. Expand ‘T’ in NTA-_________. Answer – Testing
- Which ministry will be the chairperson of National Testing Agency? Answer – Union Human Resources Development Ministry
- Who is the first Education Minister of Independent India? Answer – Abul Kalam Azad
- Where is headquarter of Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)? Answer – Kolkata, West Bengal
- Expand the term S and S in NASSCOM. Answer – Software and Services