AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs November 10 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs November 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has announced _____ rupees from Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund for a scheme to offer free education and vocational training to the children of fishermen who died or went missing in the 2017 Ockhi cyclonic storm?
1) Rs 13.92 crore
2) Rs 250 crore
3) Rs 456 crore
4) Rs 45.50 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 13.92 crore
On Nov.8 2018 The Kerala government has commenced a scheme to offer free education and vocational training to the children of fishermen who died or went missing in the 2017 Ockhi cyclonic storm. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced that government would allocate Rs 13.92 crore from the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund. Benefits of the scheme:-
It expects that 194 students, which includes children at all levels, from lower primary to professional colleges, have been identified as beneficiaries. The scheme provide a package of:-
• Rs 10,000 per year for children in classes from LKG to Class V,
• Rs 25,000 for children in classes 6 to 10,
• Rs 30,000 for higher secondary students and up to Rs 1,00,000 for students doing graduation.
- Bihar government has approved a proposal to offer _____ rupees to every girl graduating in 2018 and onwards?
1) Rs 25,000
2) Rs 12,000
3) Rs 45,000
4) Rs 36,000
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 25,000
On 8th November 2018, Bihar government approved a proposal to offer Rs 25,000 to every girl graduating in 2018 and onwards. This decision was made at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. The one-time payment will be offered to every girl who graduated from the colleges of Bihar on or after April 25, 2018, irrespective of pass division, community or region. Bihar Cabinet has allotted Rs 300 crore for disbursal of this payment to an estimated 1,20,000 girls about clear graduation course this year. This scheme is a part of a larger government scheme that aims to pay each girl Rs 54000 including payments made to her from birth to graduation.
- Manipur government signed a MoU with Pricewaterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd. and which company for implementation of Smart City Project in Imphal, on 6th November 2018?
1) Reliance Infra
2) IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited
3) L&T Infratech
4) Premium Builders Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited
On 6th November 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Manipur government and IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited and Pricewaterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd. for implementation of Smart City Project in Imphal. According to the MoU, the companies will design, develop, manage and implement Smart City Projects under the Smart City Mission in Imphal. The project will be finished within 3 years. During signing of the MOU, Manipur Government was represented by Municipal Administration, Housing and Urban Development (MAHUD) Department Director Th. Harikumar and IL&FS Township and Urban Assets Limited by its Head-Urban Project (East and North-East) Chandana Roychowdhury.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved MoU between India and Italy for training and education in the fields of ____ on 8th November 2018?
1) Labour and Employment
3) Science and Technology
4) Commerce and Industry
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Labour and Employment
On 8th November 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Italy for training and education in the fields of Labour and Employment. Advantages of the MoU:
It will facilitate expansion of the training and education activities to promote decent work in the nature of work, through:
• conducting joint training programmes on training methodologies and techniques
• developing new training modules for various social partners
• organizing customized training programmers in various themes on labour and employment
• undertaking evaluation of training methodologies
• exchanging of good practices in training programmes, especially in labour administration; assisting each other in the delivery and facilitation of training modules and organizing study visits
• exchanging of trainers for sharing knowledge and information
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved setting up of a Central Tribal University in Vizianagaram District of which state on 8th November 2018?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andhra Pradesh
On 8th November 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved setting up of a Central Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh. Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh will be set up in Relli village of Vizianagaram District as mentioned in the 13th Schedule to the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (No. 6 of 2014). Cabinet has also approved provision of Rs. 420 crore for first phase expenditure in setting up the Central Tribal University.
- Where did the 5th edition of the 10-day “Women of India National Organic Festival 2018” conclude on 4thNovember 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
The 5th edition of the 10-day “Women of India National Organic Festival 2018” organised by the Ministry of Women & Child Development concluded on 4th November 2018, at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Janpath Road, New Delhi. Over the 10 days, women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country, participated with vast variety of organic products ranging from food and fabrics to wellness and personal care participated in this festival, which is an annual affair.
- Allahabad bank has informed that ____ rupees was infused by centre as an investment during the current financial year 2018-19?
1) Rs 3,054 crore
2) Rs 2,560 crore
3) Rs 4,500 crore
4) Rs 7,300 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 3,054 crore
On Nov.9 2018 According to a notification to the National Stock Exchange , Allahabad bank has informed that Rs.3,054 crore was infused by centre as an investment during the current financial year 2018-19. The bank’s capital adequacy ratio as per Basel-III stood at 6.88 per cent as on June 30, 2018. The government owned a 71.81 per cent stake in Allahabad Bank at the end of first quarter of FY19. The public sector bank reported a net loss of Rs 1,944.37 crore for the first quarter this fiscal against a net profit of Rs 28.84 crore, during the same period last fiscal as the lender saw a 29 per cent fall in its operating profit and a 53.6 per cent rise in provisions to cover sticky loans.
- Union government awarded which State Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), on 30th October 2018?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Assam
On 30th October 2018, Union government awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), an e-governance project. The award was presented at the 2-day conference on “CCTNS–Good practices and Success Stories” organised by the National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) in New Delhi. Ministry of Home Affairs also awarded Anil Kumar Jha, Special Director General (CID) of the force, for his outstanding contribution in implementing the project. The award has been given for citizen centric service delivery. Assam police has automated passport verification and Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) services using the online CCTNS. Under the CCTNS, a mobile application was launched recently for ease of availability of services to the citizens.
- Florist Santiago Lopez from Argentina has named a royal blue rose in honour of which Indian playback singer?
1) Asha Bhosle
2) Lata Mangeshkar
3) P Susheela
4) P Chitra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lata Mangeshkar
A Lata Mangeshkar fan from Argentina, Santiago Lopez, who is a florist by profession, has named a royal blue rose in honour of the veteran playback singer Lata Mangeshkar. Born on September 28, 1929, Mangeshkar is one of the best-known and most respected playback singers in the country. She is a recipient of three National Film Awards, 12 Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards, four Filmfare Best Female Playback Awards and many more.
- Name the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha who has received one year extension from December 1, 2018 up to November 30, 2019?
1) Poornima Reddy
2) Snehlata Shrivastava
3) Ajitha Das
4) Praneetha Roy
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Snehlata Shrivastava
On November 8 2018 Speaker Sumitra Mahajan extended tenure of Snehlata Shrivastava, the first woman Secretary General of the Lok Sabha for one year from December 1, 2018 up to November 30, 2019.She was scheduled to retire on November 30 2018. She had various experiences by served as Secretary in the Ministry of Law and Justice and as Special/Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Finance. She was also handled senior positions in the Madhya Pradesh government, including Principal Secretary in the departments of Culture and Parliamentary Affairs.
- Where was the 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 held from 2nd to 5th November 2018?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
2) Ranchi, Jharkhand
3) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
4) Kochi, Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ranchi, Jharkhand
From 2nd to 5th November 2018, 34th National Junior Athletics Championships 2018 was held at the Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium in Ranchi, Jharkhand. It was organized by Jharkhand Athletics Association under the guidance of Athletics Federation of India (AFI). This is an Annual Athletics event of AFI. Over 2000 athletes from various parts of India took part in the championship. 14 junior national records and 24 meet marks were created.
- Name the author of the book ‘Arivu’ on Mouth Cancer, released by former Minister Ramanath Rai, on 7thNovember 2018, on National Cancer Day in Mangaluru?
1) Dr. Kailash Rao
2) Dr. Murali Mohan Chunthar
3) Dr. Sreenivasan Ram
4) Dr. Renuka Vijaya Raghavan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dr. Murali Mohan Chunthar
November 7 is observed as National Cancer Awareness Day in India each year. On the same day a book named “Arivu” on Mouth cancer written by Dr. Murali Mohan Chunthar was released by former Minister Ramanath Rai in Mangaluru. This book explains about Mouth Cancer and prevention of the disease. He was a dental surgeon and also DK Home Guard Commandant. He is bringing awareness of mouth cancer and seriousness about eating tobacco,smoking etc by his book.
- When was Legal Services Day observed?
1) November 6
2) November 7
3) November 8
4) November 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) November 9
Legal Services Day is celebrated every year on 9th of November. The aim of celebrating the Legal Services Day is to offer the free of charge, proficient and legal services to the people of weaker sections of society. Legal service day was formed by NALSA which stands for National Legal Services Authority. This day was first started by the Supreme Court in the year 1995 all across the India to offer help and support to the weaker and poor group of sections of people which may be women, disabled persons, Scheduled Tribes, children, Scheduled Castes, human trafficking victims as well as natural calamities victims.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary located?Bihar
- Name the CEO & MD and headquarters of Allahabad Bank?CEO & MD – S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao; Headquarters – Kolkata
- Name the Chairman and Managing Director of Dredging Corporation of India Ltd. (DCIL)?Rajesh Tripathi
- What is the capital and currency of Morocco?Capital – Rabat; Currency – Moroccan dirham
- Who is the governor of Kerala?P. Sathasivam