AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 1 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affair November 1 2017
- India signed MoU with which country for the cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters?
1. North Korea
5. QatarAnswer – 3. Armenia
Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratifying an agreement between India and Armenia on cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters. This agreement would provide a legal framework for sharing of information and intelligence between the Customs authorities of India and Armenia and will thereby help in proper application of Customs laws and prevention and investigation of Customs offences. It will also facilitate trade and ensure efficient clearance of goods traded between the countries.
- In which Indian state the Indian Ministry of External Affairs hosted the India-US Ocean Dialogue?
3. Tamil Nadu
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 4. Goa
the India-US Ocean Dialogue, hosted by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, began at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO) in Goa. The India-US Ocean Dialogue is aimed at promoting sustainable development of the Blue Economy. Blue Economy is the sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods and jobs, and ocean ecosystem health. Acting Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, Judith Garber leads a high-powered American delegation.
- In which city, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Global Clubfoot Conference, organised by the CURE India in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Global Clubfoot Conference, organised by the CURE India in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, in New Delhi. Clubfoot is one of the most common orthopaedic birth defects that affects the child’s mobility. It can cause permanent disability if not treated early. The President said that, public hospitals are partnering with CURE International India to treat as many children as possible. The programme is now active in 29 states of India.
- What is the theme of 9th edition of ‘CMS Vatavaran’, a global film festival on environment and wildlife?
1. Conserve The Environment
2. Conservation 4 Water
3. No To Deforestation
4. Save Trees Save Humans
5. Improved Rain Water HarvestingAnswer – 2. Conservation 4 Water
The 9th edition of ‘CMS Vatavaran’, a global film festival on environment and wildlife, will begin on November 2, 2017 in New Delhi. 113 films, including four films from Kashmir will be showcased during this five-day film festival, ‘CMS Vatavaran’. Theme of CMS Vatavaran is “Conservation 4 Water”. Seminars, workshops, exhibitions and an award ceremony focusing on the environmental, social and economic aspects of water conservation will also be held during the course of this film festival.
- What is the maximum age of joining the National Pension System (NPS)?
1. 65 years
2. 60 years
3. 55 years
4. 50 years
5. 70 yearsAnswer – 1. 65 years
Union Ministry of Finance increased the maximum age of joining the National Pension System (NPS) from the existing 60 years to 65 years. On account of this decision, subscribers who are willing to join NPS at the later stage of life i.e. after attaining the age of 60 will be able to avail the benefits of NPS.
- Under ‘Swadesh Darshan’ Scheme which state is selected by Central Government to promote heritage and spiritual tourism projects?
1. Tamil Nadu
5. Andhra PradeshAnswer – 3. Puducherry
Central Government has earmarked Rs 109 crores to promote heritage and spiritual tourism projects under ‘Swadesh Darshan’ Scheme in Puducherry. Announcement in this regard was made by Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy on November 1, 2017, while addressing public on the occasion of the 63rd Liberation (De facto) day of Puducherry.
- Whose statue will be the world’s tallest statue surpassing the Spring Temple Buddha statue in China?
2. Dr.Abdul Kalam
3. Chhatrapati Shivaji
4. Aringar Anna
5. Hanuman GodAnswer – 3. Chhatrapati Shivaji
Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA)approved Maharashtra State government’s application to increase the height of the proposed statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj (off the coast of Mumbai) from the earlier 192 metres to 210 metres. With an approval for 210 metres height, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s statue will be world’s tallest statue surpassing the Spring Temple Buddha statue in China which stands 208 metres tall.
- What is India’s position on World Bank’s latest edition of ‘ease of doing business’ index?
5. 109Answer – 2. 100
India has leaped to 100th rank out of 190 countries on World Bank’s latest edition of ‘ease of doing business’ index. This marks a forward leap of 30 places as compared to 130th rank in the previous edition of the index. In the report titled ‘Doing Business 2018: Reforming to Create Jobs’, India has been recognised as one of the top 10 improvers in this year’s assessment.
- Indian Air Force left to which country to participate in exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’?
5. JapanAnswer – 4. Israel
a 45 member contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Israel to participate in exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’. Blue Flag is a bi-annual multilateral exercise held by Israeli Air Force with air forces of other countries. Objective of this exercise is to strengthen military cooperation amongst participating nations.
- Where is the Headquarters of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) located?
5. NewyorkAnswer – 2. Indonesia
Abbreviation – Association of South East Asian Nations
Headquarters – Indonesia
Established – 8th Aug 1967
- What is the amount fixed by RBI, for the latest Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) series which opened on October 30, 2017?
1. Rs 2,945 per gram
2. Rs 2,900 per gram
3. Rs 2,800 per gram
4. Rs 2,545 per gram
5. Rs 2,245 per gramAnswer – 1. Rs 2,945 per gram
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that purchase price for the latest Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) series which opened on October 30, 2017 has been fixed at Rs 2,945 per gram. These bonds can be subscribed from Monday to Wednesday every week. The price is based on the simple average closing price for gold of 999 purity of the last three business days of the week preceding the subscription period. Investors applying online and making the payment digitally will be eligible for a discount of Rs 50 per gram. Thus for such investors, the issue price will be Rs 2,895 per gram of gold.
- Who has been selected for the 2017 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award, Kerala government’s highest literary honour?
1. K Satchidanandan
2. M K Sanu
3. Vishnu Narayanan
4. Puthuserry Ramachandran
5. C RadhakrishnanAnswer – 1. K Satchidanandan
K Satchidanandan is given the Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award for his contributions to Malayalam literature and poetry. He has published several books of poetry, criticism, plays, travelogues and translations of poetry and plays and edited several magazines. This award is instituted in the name of Ezhuthachan, the father of Malayalam language. This award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation.
- Who is appointed as the Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad, by South Korea with consular jurisdiction over the state of Telangana?
1. Bhai Mohan Singh
2. San Mariano
3. Ankur Bhatia
4. Sundeep Bhutoria
5. Suresh ChukkapalliAnswer – 5. Suresh Chukkapalli
Suresh Chukkapalli, Chairman of Phoenix Group of Hyderabad, has been appointed as Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad, by South Korea, with consular jurisdiction over the state of Telangana. The Ministry of External Affairs, notified this appointment. Suresh Chukkapalli took charge as Consul General of South Korea on 1st November 2017 at a ceremony in New Delhi.
- The United Nations appointed Knut Ostby as interim resident coordinator of which country?
5. BangladeshAnswer – 2. Myanmar
The United Nations announced that, it has appointed Knut Ostby as interim resident coordinator in Myanmar and resident representative for the U.N. Development Program in Myanmar. Knut Ostby took charge as interim resident coordinator in Myanmar on 1st November 2017. He is a Norwegian national. He has served as a U.N. resident coordinator for more than 11 years. He has previously served as resident coordinator in Timor Leste, Iran, Fiji, etc. He has replaced Renata Lok-Dessallien, as the Myanmar resident coordinator.
- Who is Karnataka’s first woman police chief?
1. Kanchan Chaudhary
2. Kanwaljeet Deol
3. Neelamani N. Raju
4. Meera Borwankar
5. B SandhyaAnswer – 3. Neelamani N. Raju
Karnataka government announced that, Neelmani N. Raju is the next Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG & IGP) of Karnataka, making her the first woman police chief of Karnataka. She took charge as the new Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG & IGP) in Karnataka. She has replaced Rupak Kumar Dutta, who has retired from service.
- Who is the new CEO of Bharti AXA Life?
1. Damayanti Sen
2. Vikas Seth
3. Vimala Mehra
4. Sandeep Gosh
5. Aditya BirlaAnswer – 2. Vikas Seth
The Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises,appointed Vikas Seth as chief executive officer (CEO). The appointment is subject to requisite IRDAI approval. Prior to joining Bharti AXA Life, Vikas was with the Aditya Birla Group, where he worked for nearly 10 years in different roles.
- Union Defense Ministry approved a major project to acquire how many utility helicopters for the Indian Navy at a cost of Rs.21738 crore?
5. 125Answer – 4. 111
Union Defense Ministry approved a major project to acquire 111 utility helicopters for the Indian Navy at a cost of Rs.21738 crore. The proposal to acquire these helicopters was cleared at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Union Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman. Out of the 111 helicopters, 16 will be procured at a fly away condition while 95 will be manufactured in India.
- Name the portal launched by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Giriraj Singh for MSME Delayed Payment Portal?
1. MSME Samadhaan
2. MSME buyers
3. MSME sellers
4. MSME digital schemes
5. MSME PaymentsAnswer – 1. MSME Samadhaan
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Giriraj Singh launched MSME Delayed Payment Portal named MSME Samadhaan (http://msefc.msme.gov.in). The MSME Samadhaan was introduced to enable Micro and Small Entrepreneurs (MSE) to directly register their cases related to delayed payments by Central Ministries, Departments, CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises) and State Governments. The MSME Samadhaan Portal will give information about the pending payment of MSEs with individual CPSEs, Central Ministries, State Governments, etc.
- Which country will host the 2018 Asian Cricket Council (ACC)?
5. IndiaAnswer – 4. Pakistan
Pakistan will host the next Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup in April 2018. The 2018 Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup would be held in Pakistan in more than one city. This was announced by PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) chairman Najam Sethi. Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) chairman Thilanga Sumithipala said that, his team is interested to participate in the 2018 Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup in Pakistan.
- Name the Indian wrestler who won gold medal at the All India Police Championship 2017.
1. Sakshi Malik
2. Vinesh Phogat
3. Babitha Kumari
4. Geeta Phogat
5. Kavitha DalalAnswer – 4. Geeta Phogat
Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas won the Erste Open title in Vienna, and Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth pair won theVietnam Open trophy at the Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. In Vienna, Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas played with Sam Querrey and Marcelo Demoliner by 7-6(7), 6-7(4), 11-9. Bopanna and Cuevas were down by 7-9 in the deciding super tie-breaker but had saved two match points and won the title. It was third title of the season for Rohan Bopanna. He had won Chennai Open and Monte Carlo Masters earlier this season.
- Where is the Simlipal National Park located?
5. AssamAnswer – 2. Odisha
Simlipal National Park is a national park and a tiger reserve in the Mayurbhanj district in the Indian state of Odisha. It is part of the Similipal-Kuldiha-Hadgarh Elephant Reserve popularly known as Mayurbhanj Elephant Reserve, which includes three protected areas Similipal Tiger Reserve (2750.00 km2), Hadgarh Wildlife Sanctuary (191.06 km2) and Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary (272.75 km2).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification