AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs May 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which country’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr.Sedat Onal had visited India from 7th May-9th May, 2019 and discussed about enhancing deep-rooted bilateral relations between two countries?
1. Sri Lanka
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Turkey
As part of the regular exchange between India and Turkey, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey, Mr Sedat Onal visited India from 7th May-9th May, 2019. Mr Sedat Onal had previously visited India as part of the delegation of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in May 2017. Under the mechanism of Foreign Office Consultations, Mr. Onal had a meeting with Mr Gitesh A Sarma, Secretary(West), in New Delhi as a part of the visit.
- To which country India has signed a protocol for exportation of Indian chilli meal?
1. United Kingdom
2. United States
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. China
After a meeting of Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan and General Administration of Customs of China (GACC) Vice Minister Li Guo, India and China signed a protocol for exportation of Indian chilli meal to China. In the meeting both the dignitaries discussed the challenges related to trade regarding the pending Indian request for agricultural products, that wasn’t been given clearance.
- In which state the Char Dham Yatra had begun during the occasion of Akshay Tritiya?
1. Madhya Pradesh
2. Uttar Pradesh
4. Himchal Pradesh
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. Uttarkhand
On the ceremonious occasion of Akshay Tritiya, The Char Dham Yatra in Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarkhand began with the gates of Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines in Uttarkashi district being opened at 11:30 am and 1:15 pm respectively. The opening of these famous shrines symbolises the beginning of the Char Dham Yatra or ‘journey to 4 holy sites’ that attracts lakhs of devotees from within and outside India.
- Qantas Airways of which country has operated world’s first zero waste commercial flight named ‘QF739’?
2. United States
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Australia
Recently, the Australian flight carrier, Qantas has operated world’s first zero waste commercial flight named QF739 from Sydney to Adelaide which disposed all waste through compost, reuse or recycle.This airline has substituted over 1000 single-use plastic items with more environment friendly items which has helped airline to achieve zero-waste during commercial flight.
- Which of the below is going to avail a AI-supported “touchless” technology from Artificial Intelligence based HR solutions provider,Talocity for the hiring process and to attain high-quality talent?
1. Yes Bank
2. HDFC Bank
3. ICICI Bank
4. Axis Bank
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Yes Bank
Artificial Intelligence based HR solutions provider, Talocity will provide Yes Bank its touchless technology in hiring process for Yes bank. This is done to enhance the hiring process and to attain high-quality talent.In the process of recruitment, candidates are interviewed by an AI bot on a one-way video platform. Talocity’s machine learning and AI capabilities will create personality report of each job applicant.
- Find the name of Financial technology that had launched India’s first UPI Bahi Khata(Digital Ledger) for merchants.
2. PayMe India
4. Paisa Dukaan
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.BharatPe
India’s first Fintech (Financial technology) start-up enabling payments via interoperable UPI(Unified Payments Interface) QR (Quick Response) codes, BharatPe notified its venture into merchant services by launching a new app named ‘Bharatpe for Merchants’ that allows merchants to keep a track of their cash/credit (Udhar) sales customer wise, to request the accounts receivable from customers through SMS (Short Message Service) payment links or through WhatsApp and to record accounts that are payable to suppliers.
- Name the Former SC Judge who has been appointed member of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal.
1. Dk Karunakaran
2. KS Radhakrishnan
3. Dinesh Maheshwari
4. Hemant Gupta
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. KS Radhakrishnan
Former Supreme Court judge, KS Radhakrishnan has been appointed as a member of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT) for a term of 4 year. Headquarter of the CSAT is in London. He had earlier served as a Supreme Court judge from November 2009 to May 2014. He has also served as the Chief Justice of the High Courts of Gujarat and J&K.
- WHO partnered with IFBA to eliminate industrially produced trans fat (iTFA) from food supply worldwide by 2023.Expand A in IFBA.
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Alliance (International Food and Beverage Alliance)
WHO (World Health organization) collaborated with the International Food and Beverage Alliance (IFBA) to eliminate industrially produced trans fat (iTFA) from food supply worldwide by 2023.
Trans fat-intake leads to coronary heart disease, due to which globally 5,00,000 deaths occur every year. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of WHO had a meeting with the IFBA representatives, that included CEOs (chief executive officers) from around 12 companies comprising IFBA. The meeting stressed on the steps that are needed to be taken to eliminate industrial trans fats, decrease salt, sugar and saturated fats in processed foods.
- FDA approved has approved first vaccine named Dengvaxia for the prevention of dengue disease. The vaccine is also known as _________.
3. CDV – TYD
4. CVV –TDY
5.None of theseAnswer – 1. CYD-TDV
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States has approved first vaccine named Dengvaxia for the prevention of dengue disease but with certain conditions that use dengue vaccine only in people who have a previous history of the disease. The vaccine is also known as CYD-TDV and made by company Sanofi Pasteur.
- Which entity has announced the launch of “ElectionGuard”, a free open-source Software Development Kit(SDK to carry out secure and verifiable voting?
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.Microsoft
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella has announced the launch of “ElectionGuard”, a free open-source Software Development Kit(SDK) to help nations to carry out secure and verifiable voting.Developed by Galois, “ElectionGuard” is a supplement to paper ballots.
- Where the researchers from Indigenous Biodiversity Foundation (IBF) have sighted 363 nests of the grizzled giant squirrel for first time?
1. Amarambalam Reserve Forest ,Kerala
2. Pakkamalai Reserve Forests,Tamilnadu
3. Sholayar Reserve Forest,Kerala
4. Hanumasagara Reserve Forest,Karnataka
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Pakkamalai Reserve Forests,Tamilnadu
A team of researchers and wildlife activists from Indigenous Biodiversity Foundation (IBF) have sighted 363 nests of the grizzled giant squirrel, a large tree squirrel at Pakkamalai Reserve Forests near Gingee in the Eastern Ghats,TamilNadu.Its Scientific name is Ratufamacroura.The research was headed by K. Raman, a naturalist of IBF.
- Amul has announced its sponsorship with which cricket team in upcoming World Cup 2019?
1. Bangladesh team
2. Sri Lankan team
3. Indian team
4. Afghanistan team
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Afghanistan team
Amul has announced to sponsor Afghanistan team which will be held in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. Amul’s logo will be visible on the leading arm of jerseys of the Afghanistan players in international match and also in training kit throughout the world cup.
- Name the first chronicler of India’s partition and a Sikh historian passed away at 95 in Chandigarh.
1. Gopal Singh
2. Kirpal Singh
3. Arjun Singh
4. Vikas Singh
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Kirpal Singh
The first chronicler of India’s partition and a Sikh historian, Kirpal Singh passed away at his home in Chandigarh after a brief illness. He was 95. He had retired as professor and head of the department of Punjab Historical Studies in Punjabi University, Patiala.
- May 8 observed as the ——————.
1. Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation
2. World Press Freedom Day
3. World Migratory Bird Day
4. International Day for Biological Diversity
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation
May 8 observed as the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation for those who had lost their life during Second World War which ended in 1945.
- When was the 74th anniversary of victory over Nazism in Europe in Second World War observed?
1. May 8
2. May 7
3. May 9
4. May 6
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.May 9
May 9, 2019 observed as the 74th anniversary of victory over Nazism in Europe in Second World War. These days were designated by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2004.
- _________________ is commemorating ‘2019’ as the ‘Year of Next of Kin’.
1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air Force
4. Indian Coast Guard
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Indian Army
The Indian Army is commemorating ‘2019’ as the ‘Year of Next of Kin’ to reach out to the next of kin of battle casualties.As a part of this commemoration, the Army has planned to reach out to the next of kin of battle casualties, ex-servicemen and serving soldiers to resolve their pension related issues and to let them know of their entitled financial benefits, welfare schemes.
- Whose 158th birth anniversary was celebrated on the 9th of May, 2019?
1. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
2. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
3. Lal Bahadur Shastri
4. Rabindra Nath Tagore
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Rabindra Nath Tagore
The 158th birth anniversary of Rabindra Nath Tagore, Asia’s first Nobel laureate and composer of India’s National Anthem, was celebrated. This day is also called ‘Rabindra Jayanti‘ symbolising his birth anniversary. Different programmes were organised to pay homage to the legendary poet and streams of people had gotten together at Tagore’s birthplace in Jorasnko Thakurbari, West Bengal.
- 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week observed from May 6 to 12.What is the theme of 2019?
1.” SaveLives and SpeakUp”
2.”Lets Speed up the solutions”
3. “Leadership for road safety”.
4. “Raising awareness about the road safety”
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.“Leadership for road safety”.
Celebrated once in two years, the 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week is being observed from May 6 to 12, 2019. It emphasizes that everyone can be a leader for road safety. The theme for this year’s weekly event is “Leadership for road safety”. It launched an ongoing campaign “Save Lives – #SpeakUp” to achieve global goals by ensuring the safety of human life. It runs on the philosophy of “Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the tagline of Yes Bank?Experience our Expertise
- Who is the CEO of Microsoft?Satya Nadella
- Where is the headquarter of World Health Organisation (WHO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- What is the Capital and Currency of Afghanistan?Capital: Kabul & Currency: Afghan afghani
- Pakkamalai Reserve Forests is recently in news, it is located in which state?Tamil Nadu
It is in news recently because, A team of researchers and wildlife activists from Indigenous Biodiversity Foundation (IBF) have sighted 363 nests of the grizzled giant squirrel, a large tree squirrel at Pakkamalai Reserve Forests near Gingee in the Eastern Ghats,TamilNadu.Its Scientific name is Ratufamacroura.The research was headed by K. Raman, a naturalist of IBF. Key Points: i. This endangered species is listed Schedule I of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972. ii. It is also categorised as near threatened by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List and listed under Schedule II of CITES(the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) due to habitat loss and poaching. iii. It is usually known to nest in the Western Ghats in Southern India ranging from Chinnar Wildlife sanctuary in Kerala to Anamalai Tiger Reserve and Palani hills in Tamil Nadu.