Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 9 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which new strategy has been announced by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singhto wipe out left-wing terror?
5.CHAKRAVYUHAnswer – 2.SAMADHAN
Components of SAMADHAN strategy are, S – Smart Leadership, A – Aggressive Strategy, M – Motivation and Training, A – Actionable Intelligence, D – Dashboard KPIs and KRAs, H – Harnessing Technology, A – Action Plan for each Theatre, N – No access to financing.
- 29th series of _______________ Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) had begun on May 9, 2017
5.India-BangladeshAnswer – 1.India-Indonesia
The Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sutedi Senoputra has arrived at Haddo Wharf, Port Blair to mark the commencement of the 29th series of IND-INDO CORPAT. Apart from securing the trade sea route, the Coordinated Patrol also serves to enhance mutual understanding and interoperability between the two navies.
- On May 8, 2017, which State Govt. imposed an official ban over selling and serving foods high in fats, sugar and salt (HFSS) in school canteens?
5.Uttar PradeshAnswer – 4.Maharashtra
Fried food, pizzas, burgers, carbonated drinks and all kinds of sweets, which have been freely available in schools so far, will now be prohibited. However, this does not stop children from carrying junk food in their lunch boxes.
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs has asked all states to integrate prison e-system with CCTNS as well as e-courts on priority basis. What does abbreviation CCTNS stand for?
1.Crime and Conspiracy Tracking Network and Systems
2.Criminal and Case Tracking Network and Systems
3.Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
4.Crime and Custody Tracking Network and Systems
5.Criminal Custody Tracking Network and SystemsAnswer – 3.Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
The Centre has asked all states to link prisons with courts through video conferencing for expeditious trial and to save costs of escorting undertrials to courts. Combined training of prison staff, police, health department and judiciary on undertrial management should be conducted periodically.
- The Supreme Court has sentenced a sitting judge, __________ of the Calcutta high court, to six months of imprisonment, holding him guilty of contempt of court.
1.P V Sen
2.N K Moorthy
3.V L Nair
4.S P Bannerjee
5.C S KarnanAnswer – 5.C S Karnan
A seven-judge constitution bench headed by chief justice of India (CJI) J.S. Khehar directed the arrest of Karnan “forthwith” for declining to undergo medical tests to determine the state of his mental health. He is the first serving high court judge to be sent to prison for contempt.
- Which country has been unanimously elected as the President of UN-Habitat for next two years?
5.SwedenAnswer – 2.India
India has been unanimously elected as the President of UN-Habitat for next two years. In the past, India held the presidency of UN-Habitat in 1988 and 2007. Consequential to India being elected as President of UN-Habitat, Venkaiah Naidu – Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation chaired the 26th Meeting of the Governing Council of UN-Habitat which began in Nairobi, Kenya on May 8, 2017.
- 50th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Board of Governors was held from 4th– 7thMay 2017 in:
5.VietnamAnswer – 3.Japan
Theme of 50th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Board of Governors was “Building Together the Prosperity of Asia”. On May 6, 2017, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, embarked on a 3-day visit to Japan. Mr. Jaitley attended the annual Meeting of Board of Governors’ of Asian Development Bank in Yokohama, Japan and met Japanese leaders.
- On May 8, 2017, which two countries started their annual joint exercises ‘Shoulder – to –Shoulder’ focusing on disaster response and counter terrorism?
1.China and US
2.Japan and US
3.Japan and Russia
4.Philippines and US
5.Philippines and RussiaAnswer – 4.Philippines and US
Philippines and US troops kicked off their annual joint exercises that are smaller in scale as compared to previous years, focusing on disaster response and counterterrorism while excluding territorial defense operations and maritime security. The changes were instructed by President Rodrigo Duterte who has had an antagonistic stance toward US security policies.
- Which international financial institution has forecasted 7.7% growth rate for Indian economy in FY 2018-19?
2.New Development Bank
3.Asian Development Bank
4.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5.International Monetary FundAnswer – 5.International Monetary Fund
IMF has forecasted that India’s growth is expected to rebound to 7.2 per cent in the 2017-18 fiscal and 7.7 per cent in 2018-19 after disruptions caused by demonetisation. It has recommended the removal of long-standing structural bottlenecks to enhance market efficiency.
- Cashback portal Cashkaro.com has tied up with which private sector bank to launch card-linked offers as part of its loyalty programme for both offline and online shoppers?
3.Kotak Mahindra bank
5.HDFC BankAnswer – 2.Yes Bank
The initiative will now enable YES Bank debit card holders to earn customised cashback offers from a wide range of participating online merchants as well as brick and mortar stores, including Forever 21, TataCliq, Chaayos, Junkyard Café, UrbanClap, Zivame, Nearbuy, Limeroad, Netmeds, BigBasket, Fortis Healthworld, The Beer Café and FreshMenu.
- India’s largest cab aggregator Ola has partnered with which company to launch a range of integrated digital offerings to customers?
5.Idea CellularAnswer –3.Airtel
As part of the partnership, Ola will integrate Airtel Payments bank to its app and Airtel will integrate Ola’s mobile wallet Ola Money as a payment solution on Airtel website and MyAirtel app for mobile recharges and bill payments.
- The Government of _________and Oracle have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) intended to improve citizen services and to make the state an attractive destination for start-ups?
5.HaryanaAnswer – 4.Jharkhand
As part of the MoU, the Government of Jharkhand and Oracle will jointly explore and identify areas in which Oracle’s latest cloud-based technologies can be used to deliver improved citizen services and to address the state’s citizen and business requirements.
- Who among the following has been awarded Tholakpiyyar Award, as a part of Presidential Awards for classical Tamil for year 2015-16?
1.Dr. M Vanitha
2.Dr. V Prakash
4.Dr. G Balaji
5.Dr. S PremkumarAnswer – 3.Dr. R.Kalaikkovan
Presidential Awards for classical Tamil are presented to distinguished scholars who have made outstanding contribution to Classical Tamil language and literature. Tholakpiyyar Award is a life time achievement award for Indian scholar given for an outstanding contribution in the field of Tamil studies.
- Who among the following has been voted the 2017 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA)?
5.Dimitri PayetAnswer – 2.N’Golo Kanté
N’Golo Kanté will receive the prestigious FWA accolade, which has been awarded since 1948, at a gala dinner in London on May 18, 2017 when the association marks its 70th anniversary.
- Who among the following has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to the Netherlands?
5.Vinay JaishankarAnswer – 1.Venu Rajamony
Press Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee and senior diplomat Venu Rajamony has been appointed India’s Ambassador to the Netherlands. Rajamony will also be India’s Permanent Representative to the Organisation for Prevention of Chemical Weapons based in The Hague and cover the International Court of Justice, the Permanent Court of Arbitration and other international organisations based in the Netherlands.
- Which among the following is the mascot of the 22nd Asian Athletics Championships scheduled to be held at the Kalinga Stadium in Odisha in July 2017?
5.’Pandu’Answer – 3.’Olly’
Olly Turtle is the mascot of 22nd Asian Athletics Championships. Olly depicts the Olive Ridley turtles as Odisha’s Gahirmatha beach is a prime mass nesting site for the endangered species.
- Which dates are observed as ‘Time of Remembrance and Reconciliation for Those Who Lost Their Lives during the Second World War’?
5.16-17 MayAnswer – 1.8-9 May
On 22 November 2004, the UN General Assembly declared 8–9 May as a time of remembrance and reconciliation and invited all Member States, organizations of the United Nations System, non-governmental organizations and individuals to observe annually either one or both of these days in an appropriate manner to pay tribute to all victims of the Second World War.
- US President Donald Trump has nominated Indian-American ____________ to a key administration position in the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, an agency charged with overseeing America’s power grid and deciding on multibillion-dollar energy projects.
5.Sujata ParikhAnswer – 3.Neil Chatterjee
Neil began his career in Washington, DC, with the House Committee on Ways and Means. He is energy policy advisor to US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and has played an integral role in the passage of major energy, highway and farm legislation.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.