Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 9 2016
- Uma Bharti Launches Rural Sanitation Initiatives for ________ Rejuvenation in Jharkhand.
D.BrahmaputraAnswer – C.Ganga
Improve the health and quality of life of around 45,000 households located in these 78 villages of the Ganga River basin in Jharkhand through enhanced sanitation practices. Developing the quality of waste water and storm water runoff flowing.
- Union Rail Ministry led by __________ mulling to set up a dedicated wing with the mandate to focus on non-fare case revenue.
B.Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu
C.Ram Vilas Paswan
D.Menaka GandhiAnswer – B.Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu
The board will utilize the railway assets viz advertisements at stations, commercial exploitation of vacant land and space rights over station buildings, including station redevelopment, advertisements on coaches and locos, sponsorship of uniforms for railway personnel, hoardings on land alongside tracks, etc.,
- Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma has released a Commemorative coin of Rs. 100/- and a Circulation coin of Rs. 10/- in __________ as a part of 475th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Maharana Pratap.
D.MumbaiAnswer – B.New Delhi
A Conference and Special Lecture on Maharana Pratap was organized by Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML) in the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur earlier this year. Union government and the Rajasthan Government have decided to create a multi-purpose indoor stadium at Khel Gaon, Udaipur in his memory and also agreed to give a sum of Rs. 9.50 crore for this.
- The state government is now all set to launch its grid-connected Rooftop Solar Power Project with an aim of scaling up the present solar power generation in ___________.
D.GujaratAnswer – D.Gujarat
The Rooftop Solar project was initiated by Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA), which is the state nodal agency to promote renewable energy. The GEDA agency has set a target of generating 50 megawatt (MW) of electricity by installing such rooftop solar photovoltic units across Gujarat in the current fiscal of 2016-17.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has completed _________ Kumudvathi river rejuvenation project near Nelamangala in Bengaluru rural district.
A.Rs. 3.00 crore
B.Rs. 3.77 crore
C.Rs. 4.00 crore
D.Rs. 4.77 croreAnswer – D.Rs. 4.77 crore
Totally eight villages were got benefitted by this CSR movement project. HAL spent Rs 4.77 crore on this project under Corporate Social Responsibility by joining hands with International Association for Human Values (IAHV), a sister organisation of the Art of Living in the past two years. The project intend to rejuvenate Kumudvathi River earlier it catered to 30 per cent of Bengaluru’s water needs.
- __________ Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme for farmers and pledged digging of at least one lakh bore wells to improve irrigation facilities.
D.PunjabAnswer – A.Odisha
On behalf this move famers will get themselves registered online to purchase seeds and get the subsidy amount in their bank accounts directly of the state. The first beneficiary of the DBT scheme was Ramesh Rout of Laxminarayanpur area. The seeds subsidy amount was deposited in Rout’s bank account.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state ?
D.MaharashtraAnswer – C.Kerala
Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary is located 18 km north of Marayoor on SH 17 in the Marayoor and Kanthalloor panchayats of Devikulam taluk in the Idukki district of Kerala state in South India.
- The ___________government has relaxed the labour law which will help MSME players to avoid regular inspection from labour department officials.
D.ChhattisgarhAnswer – D.Chhattisgarh
By this announcement the industry will file a third-party certificate to underline that industrial and labour norms are implemented in the unit. Under the relaxed norms routine inspection in the facility will not be conducted by the labour department inspectors as against inspectors conduct surprise inspections in units even without the knowledge of their superiors.
- The Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Kalraj Mishra inaugurated the Harmukh Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan, a spinning and weaving centre and marketing plaza for khadi goods in _________.
D.SrinagarAnswer – D.Srinagar
The Minister distributed 25 new model charkhas among local artisans at the function, which was organised Khadi and Village Industries Board Srinagar.Kalraj Mishra Inaugurates Khadi Spinning and Weaving Centre in Srinagar. The Minister also pledged to provide all sorts of assistance to Jammu and Kashmir in the view of removing regional imbalances and urged the state to come forward and seek maximum help from the centre.
- _____________Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon initiated the constitution of the UN Zika Response Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF) to finance unfunded priorities in the response to the Zika outbreak.
A.Alliance for Financial Inclusion
B.International Monetary Fund
C.Asian Development Bank
D.United NationsAnswer – D.United Nations
To provide a rapid, flexible and accountable platform to support a coordinated response. Support the Zika Strategic Response Framework, developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) in consultation with UN agencies, partners and international epidemiological experts.
- _________Parliament has approved a bill that would reform the country’s pension and tax systems.
D.GreeceAnswer – D.Greece
The bill was passed by the 153 lawmakers of the ruling Syriza-Independent government coalition in voting. Debt-ridden country’s Labor Minister George introduced the bill he observed that social security contributions would decline for many self-employed professionals.
- Thrissur-based South Indian Bank has tied-up with __________________ for online inward remittance from Australia at competitive rates.
A.National Australian Bank
B.United Overseas Bank
C.State Bank of Mauritius
D.HSBC Bank OmanAnswer – A.National Australian Bank
The remittance fee is as low as AUD 7 and the arrangement enables faster, hassle-free remittance through internet at the best exchange rates as the exchange rate is decided by the Bank. NRI customers in Australia would get the best possible rates. The remitted money can be either converted into Indian rupee or can be kept in Australian dollar.
- The British Academy Television Awards have been announced Leading Actor ___________ for the year 2016 by British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
D.Mark RylanceAnswer – D.Mark Rylance
The British Academy Film Awards are presented in an annual award show hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). It is the British equivalent of the American Oscars and Australian AACTA AwardsThe 69th British Academy Film Awards was held on 14 February 2016.
- California-based technology giant Apple has reportedly promoted __________ as the country manager for Apple India operations.
D.Sanjay KaulAnswer – D.Sanjay Kaul
Kaul’s appointment comes at a time when Apple is attempting to open its own-brand stores in India also comes months after Apple’s long-time India head Maneesh Dhir quit from the company. He has been associated with Apple since 2011 and has been taking care of the Apple’s iPhone business.
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched a web-based application on Integrated Waste Management System (IWMS) for better management of waste also to provide an opportunity to all the industries dealing in ______________ to apply online.
D.Hazardous wasteAnswer – D.Hazardous waste
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the application that can track the movement of hazardous waste and will also help in ensuring its proper management. There are 43000 industries dealing in hazardous waste, of which about 30000 industries have been mapped through this application.
- Human Rights Activist Khurram Zaki, has been shot dead in __________ Pakisthan.
D.KarachiAnswer – D.Karachi
He is known for his strong stance against hatred and violence targeted at Shia Muslims. He was 40. The Hakimullah Mehsud faction of the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. Zaki was working as an editor for Let us Build Pakistan website that condemns sectarianism and is seen as promoting democratic and progressive values.
- Who presents the idea of building holistic, mutually beneficial communities in her new book ‘Anubandh’ ?
D.Dev SukumarAnswer – A.Ela Bhatt
The book is based on Bhatt’s experience in building networks of poor women in villages in India and elsewhere through SEWA, making more than a million women self-reliant and self-employed.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification