Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 8 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 7, 2017, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highway, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated India’s first bio refinery plant for renewable fuels and chemicals in:
3.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5.Guwahati, AssamAnswer – 2.Pune, Maharashtra
This plant has been set up by Praj Industries. It can produce one million litre of ethanol per annum by processing a variety of agro-residue like rice and wheat straw, cotton stalk, cane trash and corn cobs.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has shifted its strategic anti-Maoist command headquarters to __________ from Kolkata to bring focus on combing operations in Chhattisgarh
5.ArangAnswer – 1.Raipur
The move is in line with the Centre’s plan to redeploy its forces from almost peaceful West Bengal to Maoist hotbeds of Abujmad in Chhattisgarh. A meeting of chief ministers of 10 Maoist-hit states was held on May 8, 2017.
- Which State Govt. has decided to gather a detailed data of every resident and issue a sleek identity for every house in the state?
5.TelanganaAnswer – 3.Haryana
The objective of this two-month long data generating exercise, to be launched on June 15, 2017, is to get details of land holdings and status of facilities such as social security pension, scholarship, MGNREGA, loans and LPG connection.
- Which entity has signed an agreement with World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) to establish Technology and Innovation Support Centres (TISC) that would help innovators in developing countries exploit their potential?
2.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
3.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
5.Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)Answer – 5.Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
WIPO’s Technology and Innovation Support Centres (TISC) programme provides innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, helping them to exploit their innovative potential and to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property (IP) rights.
- According to an India Spend analysis of two recent studies by The Lancet, a British medical journal, Indians were the ______ biggest private spenders on health in the low-middle income group of 50 nations in year 2014
5.10thAnswer – 1.6th
With 65.6% private expenditure on health, India along with Bangladesh, stood at 6th position among the biggest out-of-pocket spenders. This marks 37.45% difference from global average of 28.15%. Average out-of-pocket health expenditure for South Asia region comprising Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Pakistan stood at 55.4%.
- On May 7, 2017, which two countries started ‘Eager Lion’, an annual military exercise in which about 7,400 troops from more than 20 nations will take part?
1.Israel and US
2.Jordan and US
3.Germany and France
4.France and US
5.Lebanon and USAnswer – 2.Jordan and US
The manoeuvres would include border security, cyber-defence, and “command and control” exercises to bolster coordination in response to threats including “terrorism”. Troops from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Gulf region – including from Britain, Japan, Kenya and Saudi Arabia – are taking part in the exercise.
- Which company has launched India’s first insurance product that can be bought at a point of sale (PoS)?
4.LIC of India
5.Birla Sun LifeAnswer – 3.Edelweiss Tokio
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has launched ‘PoS Saral Nivesh’. It is the first product to be approved by the Insurance Regulatory and evelopment Authority of India’s guidelines on point of sale-life insurance products.
- Who among the following became the first person to win the MTV Movie and TV Awards’new gender-neutral Best Actor in a Movie award?
5.Sophie WinklemanAnswer – 4.Emma Watson
On May 7, 2017, actress, Emma Watson became the first person to win the MTV Movie and TV Awards’ new gender-neutral Best Actor in a Movie award for her performance as Belle in “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Which child actor was named the ‘Rising Star’ at the 7th Annual Asian Awards?
5.Mithil NaikAnswer – 1.Sunny Pawar
Child actor Sunny Pawar, who featured in the Oscar-nominated film ‘Lion’, has been named the ‘Rising Star’ at the 7th Annual Asian Awards. He portrayed young Saroo Brierley in the film.
- “Bahubali 2: The Conclusion” is the first Indian movie to cross Rs 1,000 crore at box office. So far, the total collection of Bahubali franchise (both parts combined) has crossed Rs. ______ crore
5.1850 croreAnswer – 1.1650 crore
‘Baahubali: The Conclusion’ has grossed over Rs 1,000 crore across the world within nine days of its release. The first part of the franchise grossed around Rs 650 crore around the world. The box office collections of the total franchise — both the parts combined — stand above Rs 1,650 crore.
- Emmanuel Macron has been elected as next President of which European Country?
5.ItalyAnswer – 3.France
The pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron has vowed to unite a divided and fractured France after winning a decisive victory over the far-right Front National candidate Marine Le Pen in the country’s presidential election.
- Which among the following is the first large Chinese-made passenger jetliner which completed its maiden test flight on May 5, 2017?
5.C919Answer – 5.C919
The C919 is a twin-engine airliner designed to compete with the Airbus 320 and Boeing 737. OnMay 5, 2017, it took off from Shanghai’s Pudong International airport and landed back there again 80 minutes later.
- A common butterfly in_________has been identified as an entirely new species – making it the first such finding from the region in over a century
5.Saudi ArabiaAnswer – 1.Israel
Named the Acentria’s fritillary, the butterfly was spotted as it flew over the slopes of Mount Hermon in northern Israel. Researchers from Zoological Institute in Russia initiated an exhaustive study of Israeli butterflies in 2012.
- Who among the following Indian Shooters claimed a bronze medal in the women’s 10m Air Pistol at the Grand Prix of Liberation Plezn 2017?
5.Nayantara AroraAnswer – 2.Heena Sidhu
On the final day of the championship, Heena shot 218.8 in the eight-woman final. India returned from the championship in Czech Republic with a haul of one gold, two silver and four bronze medals.
- Which team has won 7th Junior National Hockey Championship (Women)?
1.Hockey Andhra Pradesh
5.Mumbai HockeyAnswer – 4.Hockey Him
Hockey Him thrashed Hockey Mizoram 5-0 to become champions of the 7th Junior National Hockey Championship 2017 (Women). In the 3rd/4th place game, Hockey Andhra Pradesh beat Assam Hockey by 7-0.
- Who among the following became second Indian to meet the javelin qualifying mark for the World Athletics Championships to be held in London in August 2017?
5.Manoj PandaAnswer – 4.Devender Singh
Devender won the Indian Grand Prix first leg with a throw of 84.57m, meeting the qualifying mark of 83m. Neeraj Chopra, 19, qualified on April 28, 2017, when he won silver in the second leg of the Asian Grand Prix in Jianxing, China.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day’ observed on May 8, 2017?
1.“Everywhere for Everyone”
2.“Together for Humanity”
3.“Youth on the Move”
4.“Less Known Red Cross Stories”
5.“Find the Volunteer inside You”Answer – 4.”Less Known Red Cross Stories”
World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is observed on 8th May every year to mark the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the recipient of the first Nobel Peace Prize.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.