Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 7 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which State Government has decided to become the second state in the country to reschedule its financial year from January to December?
5.Uttar PradeshAnswer – 2.Jharkhand
As per the direction of Chief Minister, the new fiscal year for Jharkhand would commence from January 1, 2018 and end on December 31, 2018. Madhya Pradesh was first state to adopt the new financial year.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd(IRCTC) has decided to start which two new circuits of their flagship luxury train Maharajas’ Express?
1.”Southern Sojourn” and “Southern Jewels”
2.”Southern Sojourn” and “Southern Paradise”
3.”Southern Paradise” and “Southern Jewels”
4.”Southern Delight” and “Southern Jewels”
5.”Southern Sojourn” and “Southern Delight”Answer – 1.”Southern Sojourn” and “Southern Jewels”
These two new trips named as “Southern Sojourn” and “Southern Jewels” will cover prominent destinations in West and South India. The Southern Sojourn will cover Goa, Hampi, Mysore, Ernakulam, Kumarakom and Trivandrum. The Southern Jewels will cover Chettinad, Mahabalipuram, Mysore, Hampi and Goa.
- Which State will introduce boat ambulance service in four districts where people face difficulties in getting health service?
5.West BengalAnswer – 3.Odisha
The boat ambulance service will be available in the districts of Koraput, Malkangiri, Kendrapara and Kalahandi where people face problems in availing 108 ambulance services due to intervening large water bodies in the form of rivers and dams disrupting road communication.
- Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and the Union Skill Development Ministry have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up ________ driver training institutes across India.
5.125Answer – 4.100
The MoU was signed in New Delhi on May 5, 2017 in the presence of Union Road Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari and Union Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy. The objective of this MoU is to meet the rising demand for certified commercial drivers in the automotive, construction and logistics sectors.
- On May 7, 2017, which train between Naharlagun (in Arunachal Pradesh) and Guwahati (in Assam) was flagged off by Union Railway MinisterSuresh Prabhu?
1.Naharlagun-Guwahati Shatabdi Express
3.Naharlagun-Guwahati Humsafar Express
4.Naharlagun-Guwahati Sampark Kranti
5.Naharlagun-Guwahati Garib RathAnswer – 1.Naharlagun-Guwahati Shatabdi Express
The train will depart on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from Naharalagun and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Guwahati. Enroute to Guwahati, the train will have stoppages at Harmuti, Rangapara (North) and Rangiya.
- India will organise cultural festival in _____ from 8th – 12th May 2017to mark 156th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore
5.BangladeshAnswer – 2.Egypt
Maulana Azad Centre for Indian Culture (MACIC), the cultural wing of the Indian Embassy in Cairo will organise this festival from 8th -12th May 2017, which will feature a dance show, film screening, a play and painting competition.
- Who among the following have topped the 2017 list of the richest people in the United Kingdom (UK)?
1.Lakshmi Mittal and family
2.Swaraj Paul and family
4.David and Simon Reuben
5.Sunil Vaswani and familyAnswer – 3.Hinduja Brothers
As per latest edition of Sunday Times Rich List, Indian-origin Hinduja Brothers (Srichand Hinduja and Gopichand Hinduja) have topped the 2017 list of the richest people in the United Kingdom (UK). Their estimated fortune stood at £16.2 billion marking a £3.2 billion hike over previous year’s estimate.
- An inter-ministerial Indian delegation headed by Mr. Ajay Narayan Jha – Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change participated in the 2017 Conference of Parties (COPs) to the Basel, Rotterdam, Stockholm (BRS) Conventions from 24thApril 2017 to 5thMay 2017 in:
5.New York, USAnswer – 4.Geneva, Switzerland
All three conferences were held jointly and back-to-back from 24th April 2017 to 5th May 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland. Theme of these meetings was: “A future detoxified: sound management of chemicals and waste”.
- Which among the following is an ambitious sub-regional transport project aimed at creating seamless connectivity between 4 Asian countries?
1.BBIN (Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)
2.BBIM (Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Myanmar) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)
3.BMIN (Bangladesh-Myanmar-India-Nepal) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)
4.CBIN (China-Bhutan-India-Nepal) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)
5.BBIC (Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-China) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)Answer – 1.BBIN (Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA)
The BBIN, is promoted by India and aimed at creating seamless connectivity between the four countries for enhanced sub-regional trade and movement of people. On April 29, 2017, Bhutan announced that it will not be able to ratify the plan before it addresses some of concerns raised domestically over the project.
- Which 3 India-origin scientists have recently been elected Fellows of UK Royal Society?
1.Krishna Chatterjee, Subhash Khot and Prabhakar Raut
2.Krishna Chatterjee, Pankaj Soni and Yadvinder Malhi
3.Krishna Chatterjee, Subhash Khot and Yadvinder Malhi
4.Krishna Chatterjee, Prabhakar Raut and Yadvinder Malhi
5.Krishna Chatterjee, Subhash Khot and Pankaj SoniAnswer – 3.Krishna Chatterjee, Subhash Khot and Yadvinder Malhi
3 India-origin scientists, Krishna Chatterjee, Subhash Khot and Yadvinder Malhi are among the distinguished scientists from across the world, to have been elected Fellows of UK Royal Society for their outstanding contributions to science. They are among the 50 scientists and 10 foreign members who have been elected as Fellows in this year’s announcement.
- Which Indian Cricketer received the Fellowship Award at the 7th annual Asian Awards held in London, UK?
1.M S Dhoni
5.Virender SehwagAnswer – 4.Sachin Tendulkar
While receiving the Fellowship Award at the 7th annual Asian Awards in London, Sachin Tendulkar mentioned that he plans to support charities and various initiatives to help the under-privileged people.
- Which Indian boxer has won a silver medal at the Asian Boxing Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan?
3.Vikas Krishan Yadav
5.Manoj KumarAnswer – 4.Shiva Thapa
On May 6, 2017, Indian Boxer Shiva Thapa won a silver medal at the Asian Boxing Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He lost the final match to Elnur Abduraimov from Uzbekistan as he got injured at the beginning of the match.
- Which country has won 26th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament by defeating Australia in the final match?
5.MalaysiaAnswer – 2.Great Britain
Great Britain has won 26th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament by defeating Australia in the final match by 4-3. The final match was held on May 6, 2017 in Ipoh, Malaysia. Great Britain has won the Azlan Shah Cup after a gap of 23 years.
- Nepal’s 86-year-old mountaineer __________, who was once the oldest climber to scale the Mount Everest, died on May 6, 2017 at its base camp
1.Gauri Shankar Khand
2.Bal Krishna Mahara
3.Min Bahadur Sherchan
5.Ajay Kumar KarkiAnswer – 3.Min Bahadur Sherchan
Sherchan had scaled the Everest at the age of 76 in 2008 and recorded his name in the Guinness Book of World Records in 2010 as the oldest climber. Five years later, his record was broken by an 80-year-old Japanese national Yuichiro Miura.
- Ustad Rais Khan who passed away in Pakistan on May 6, 2017, was an exponent of which musical instrument?
5.SarodAnswer – 3.Sitar
India-born legendary sitar player Ustad Rais Khanpassed away in Pakistan on May 6, 2017. He was 77. He was reportedly diagnosed with an ailment and had been bedridden for quite some time. He belonged to the Mewati Gharana of Indian classical music.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.