Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Projects worth Rs. 2446 Crore approved under Namami Gange Programme for the reduction of pollution and afforestation along the rivers of __________.
Answer – C.Ganga
To improve the facilities of Ghats and crematoria for reduction of pollution load into river Ganga. Afforestation along the banks of river Ganga.
- State of Victoria’s__________ in Australian declared two agreements with India in the area of medical technology to figure out major health challenges in India.
Answer – D.Swinburne University
Under this announcement Neuroscience leaders from Swinburne signed one agreement with one of India’s largest Medanta hospitals to improve the diagnosis of epilepsy across the country. In the pair of agreements by the other one with the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences to develop an advanced smart helmet to reduce the incidence of head injuries for motorcyclists.
- __________ government has decided establish the Asia’s first Rice Technology Park at Gangavati in Koppal district and a Maize Technology Park at Ranebennur in Haveri district.
Answer – C.Karnataka
These parks to come with public-private participation model as a one-stop solution to all problems of rice and maize growers. Gangavati to get Asia’s first Rice Technology Park. Also it would help farmers to end their dependence on mills in neighbouring States for processing paddy.
- _______government has launched a scheme to grant financial assistance of up to Rs. 25 lakh to MSME for registration of patents for products and processes.
Answer – A.Haryana
To promote patent registratoin among enterprises and protect their innovation. The state government has implemented the ‘Patent Registration Scheme’ for MSMEs. Industries Minister Captain Abhimanyu announced this scheme.
- Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij stated that the state government would enact State___________ .
A.Health Council Act
B.Finance Council Act
C.Education Council Act
D.Sports Council Act
Answer – D.Sports Council Act
There would be a sports body at state, district and sub-division level which would coordinate maintain all affairs of sports in the state. The purpose is to accord statutory status to the Council and further promote sports activities in the state.
- Three Southeast Asian nations namely ___________________ is set to conduct coordinated maritime patrols to face the rising kidnappings and security challenges in the waters bordering the three countries.
A.Philippines, East Timor and Brunei
B.Indonesia, East Malaysia and Singapore
C.Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines
D.East Malaysia, Singapore and Philippines
Answer – C.Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines
These countries pledged to set up crisis centers within their countries as well as a hotline between them to ensure speedy communication during maritime emergencies. The maritime borders extends along the Sulu and Celebes seas, over which 55 million tons of goods and over 18 million people pass every year.
- A state of emergency has been declared in the __________region of Alberta as firefighters continue to battle raging wildfires.
Answer – D.Canadian
Six reception centers were put on operation to control the situation. As the temperatures reaches nearly 90 degrees and low relative humidity fires the condition exacerbated. There are 80,000 residents who had fled Fort McMurray to Anzac after a mandatory evacuation notice were announced.
- India has secured ______ position in the 2016 Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index.
Answer – D.ninth
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India is the major monetary source for economic development in India. Foreign companies invest directly in fast growing private Indian businesses to take benefits of cheaper wages and changing business environment of India. Economic liberalisation started in India in wake of the 1991 economic crisis and since then FDI has steadily increased in India.
- Asian Development Bank raise granting India to USD_______ to support ‘robust growth’ in the country.
Answer – A.3 billion
ADB has approved 197 sovereign loans totaling USD 33.1 billion. As on December 31, 2015, the portfolio included 84 ongoing sovereign loans amounting to USD 11.4 billion. The bank is committed to double financing for this to USD 6 billion by 2020 from the current level of USD 3 billion.
- Mumbai based _______ has decided to open an international banking unit (IBU)at the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Gandhinagar.
A.City Union Bank
Answer – B.IDBI Bank
This is the first state-run bank to open for IBU centre. Yes Bank, Federal Bank and ICICI Bank have been operating branches in GIFT city. Recently Private player Kotak Mahindra Bank opened its branch at the IFSC as these would provide full range of corporate banking services and would meet foreign currency funding needs of it sclientele.
- Mumbai based Securities market regulator SEBI has gave in-principle approval to _______ for it to act as custodian of securities.
A.Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Answer – D.YES Bank
The licence-holder of CoS allows the entity to offer custodial services to financial market participants, including FIIs and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs). Yes Bank aims to establish this business within 12 months of approval. The bank had earlier received the RBI’s approval to enter the CoS business.
- Union government has approved the proposal of Infosys to set up an IT/ITeS special economic zone in __________.
Answer – D.Bengaluru
The SEZ to come up in an area spread over 4 hectares. In this regard decision has been taken by the Union inter-ministerial Board of Approval (BoA), headed by Commerce Secretary Rita Teatia. The Board decided to extend the time limit to nearly around 20 developers to complete their projects.
- Bengaluru based__________ all set to launch its Maps service with Social Technology Lab by Dr. Ashwin Mahesh MapUnity.
Answer – C.Flipkart
MapUnity has started TechNagara social network for Smart Cities mission and a few other prominent ones whch can be used for transport, energy, security, tourism for each city, 126 cities in all. Flipkart Maps, a product possibly driven by Delhi-based digital mapping MapMyIndia by Flipkart in an Rs 1600 crore deal in 2015, had certainly tied up with MapUnity.
- ___________clinched 2016 Asia Kabaddi Championship Cup to win their second successive Asian title.
Answer – C.Pakistan
The Pakistan Kabaddi Federation (PKF) in collaboration with POF Sports Control Board under the banner of the Asian Kabaddi Federation organised the championship at Wah Cantonment in Pakistan. Seven sides including India, Iran, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan took part in the international contest.
- Union Government has announced that currently ___ Indian satellites are operational in the space.
Answer – D.34
Which 13 are for communication, 12 for the purpose of earth observation and seven for navigation purpose, Rajya Sabha was informed by minister of state of the department of space Jitendra Singh.