Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the bilateral agreement with EU on Science & Technology cooperation signed between_______________.
A.India and Srilanka
B.India and Qatar
C.India and Dubai
D.India and England
Answer – B.India and Qatar
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the bilateral agreement signed between India and Qatar. The MoU signed in March, last year and ratifications made thereafter. The agreement between the two countries seeks active engagement and cooperation in field of IT and Telecom sector.
- Union government has agreed to relax the norms in Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to boost rural road connectivity for which state?
Answer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
The Union minister for Rural Development Minister Birender Singh gave his nod for relaxation on population norm for faster road connectivity.The state demanded long span bridges up to 200 metres on the rivers of Siang, Subansiri, Kameng, Lohit and Dibang.
- DRDO and Ayush join hands to impart ________ training to Defence Wing Staff.
Answer – D.yoga
Delhi based DRDO’s laboratory Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS) DRDO in collaboration with Department of AYUSH organised a training program on Yoga for the Defence Wing Staff. In the training programme 33 participants from Army, Defence Wing Staff, Navy and Air Headquarters took part.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially approved the adoption of ______ Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics.
Answer – D.United Nations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially approved the adoption of UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics.The Purpose is to formulates the data collection process.
- India’s first high commissioner V K Krishna Menon 120th Birthday Anniversary organised a function in __________.
Answer – C.London
Menon hailed from Kozhikode in Kerala. He graduated from Presidency College, Chennai with a B.A. in History and Economics.He became MP of the Rajya Sabha in 1953 from Madras. In 1956, he joined the Union Cabinet as Minister without Portfolio and was made Minister of Defence in 1957.
- The recent trilateral agreement has been inked in Frankfurt, Germany and the meeting was chaired by Chinese Finance Minister_____.
Answer – A.Lou Jiwei
South Korea, Japan, China agree to put joint efforts to ensure financial stability. Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors from Japan, China, South Korea and the Association of South East Asian Nations have agreed on the requisite to address downside risks to global economic improvement.
- MCB Capital Markets introduces World’s first Exchange Traded Fund focused on India’s ________.
Answer – D.Sovereign bonds
MCB Capital Markets introduces World’s first Exchange Traded Fund focused on India’s sovereign bonds.To provide global investors access to the Indian government securities.MCB India Sovereign Bond ETF, a global adaptation scheme, will invest in sovereign bonds with a typical maturity between 8 and 13 years.
- Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between RBI India and Central Bank of _________ on co-operation concerning currency swap agreement.
B.United States of Americ
C.United Arab Emirates
Answer – C.United Arab Emirates
The MoU will further strengthen the close economic relationship and cooperation between the sides. Under this approval India and the UAE will be a step closer to bilateral currency swap on mutually agreed terms and conditions. The agreement is to be expected to facilitate invoicing of bilateral business in local currencies.
- Indian IT Trade body NASSCOM has signed a MoU with _________ to build a product design initiative to help young entrepreneurs into becoming problem solvers and solution builders.
Answer – D.Facebook
This initiative is likely to propel innovative thinking and approaches to build solutions in key sectors where technology can play a transformational role. The MoU is aimed to help develop this ecosystem and bring in the design thinking. The idea is to ensure that at least 500 plus product start-ups get enabled tools programs, more than 5,000 design thinking professionals.
- State owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) may be converted into a _____Bank to enable it to access funding from overseas banks.
Answer – B.Green
A green bank could offer lower interest charges than traditional banks and tap into international capital to finance solar and wind projects to help Indian power sector. The country needs as much as USD 264 billion in funding to reach its target of producing 160 GWs of power from solar and wind energy by 2022.
- Reliance power is all set to setup a 3,000 MW LNG-based power plant in ____________
Answer – D.Bangladesh
Reliance power is all set to setup a 3,000 MW LNG-based power plant in Bangladesh as its Government of has granted in-principle approval for the first phase of Reliance Power’s project in the country.The first Phase of 750MW gas-based power plant established at Meghnaghat near Dhaka, along with a floating storage of 2 million tonnes and regasification unit (FSRU) at Moheshkhali Island in Bangladesh.
- ________________ agriculture project wins international information prize.
Answer – D.Andhra Pradesh
To collect specific climate data from farms and give farmers personalised information through SMS.Won the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) 2016 prize in the e-Agriculture category.Developer of the Project is The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) in Hyderabad.
- For how many researchers shared among Special Breakthrough Prize for LIGO?
Answer – C.37
It is an expansion of Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory. It is announced the discovery of Gravitational Waves ,earlier this year. It is considered to be the Prestigious prize. This project highlighted for the humongous Indian participation. This award given for the everlasting performance in basic science and mathematics.
- Indian professor _________ wins Commonwealth short story regional prize.
Answer – C.Prashar Kulkarni
India Author Prashar Kulkarni has won the Commonwealth Short Story Prize – 2016, for the Asia region for his politically grounded fiction Cow and Company. Indian professor wins Commonwealth short story regional prize ii. The funny fiction is about four men in search of a cow was adjudged the best piece of unpublished short fiction in English from Asia and will receive 2500 pounds prize.
- The Statistics Ministry appointed _____________ as part-time Chairperson of the National Statistical Commission.
A.Dr. Ashok Sekhar Ganguly
B.Ajit Prakash Shah
D.Radha Binod Barman
Answer – D.Radha Binod Barman
The statistical body was established in 2006 based on the recommendation of Rangarajan Commission to reduce problems faced by statistical agencies in the country in relation to collection of data.The objective of its constitution is to reduce the problems faced in relation to collection of data by the statistical agencies in India.
- ______________ has been appointed as the next Marylebone Cricket Club president.
Answer – C.Matthew Fleming
He was nominated by the current president Roger Knight at the AGM at Lord’s. Prior to his new appointment he is the current Chairman of Cricket and will take charge on October 1, 2016. Fleming is currently Chairman of Cricket, having been elected for the post in October 2013, and will be the youngest MCC president for 36 years, since Peter May served in 1980.
- Defence Ministry appointed _________ as the new Chief of Naval Staff and will assume charge on May 31.
C.Dalbir Singh Suhag
Answer – D.Sunil Lanba
Defence Ministry appointed Sunil Lanba as the new Chief of Naval Staff and will assume charge on May 31. The appointment was decided by the government. He is currently the Flag Officer commanding-in- Chief Western Naval Command. He is will succeed Robin K. Dhowan as the Chief of Naval Staff when the latter retires in May this year.
- ________ tested world’s largest unmanned surface vessel Sea Hunter.
Answer – C.US Navy
With this Pentagon witnessed the surface vessel, a self-driving 132-foot ship could travel up to 10,000 nautical miles on its own to hunt for stealthy submarines and underwater mines.The country’s research arm, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency developed the ship in collaboration with Virginia-based Leidos.