Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which minister thanked the members for supporting and passing the states that bill facilitates for unlocking of Rs.41,000 crore which is for the forest land?
C.Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer – D.Prakash Javadekar
The main theme To create special funds like National Compensatory Afforestation Fund and also a State Compensatory Afforestation Fund.
- Which place tops The Chart Of Online Learning In India: Coursera business standard?
Answer – B.Bengaluru
Open online education provider Coursera revealed How the World Learns: Spotlight on the India – info graphic highlighting data on online learners in India as the trend of e-learning becomes more widely adopted in India.Bengaluru emerged as the top city in India for online learning with the highest number of registered learners, followed by Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Who is visited to conflict-hit eastern Ukraine which came as new findings show that nearly a quarter of the world’s school-aged children of 462 million affected by crisis?
A.Mr James Chau
Answer – C.Orlando Bloom
Orlando Bloom is the Goodwill ambassador of UNICEF. UNICEF observed that Education Cannot Wait for fund, which will be launched at the first World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul on May 23-24. The summit aims to raise nearly $4 billion to reach 6 million children within five years and 75 million by 2030.
- The International Monetary Fund has continued growth forecast for India this year at
A.7.5 per cent
B.7.0 per cent
C.6.5 per cent
D.6.0 per cent
Answer – A.7.5 per cent
The growth was driven Private consumption, Weak Exports and Sluggish credit growth weight on the Indian Economy.Continued growth forecast for India in 2016 mounted at 7.5 % by private consumption the in latest economical view for Asia and the Pacific even mediocre in exports and slack credit growth will have a weigh on Indian economy.
- Which bank opens international unit in Gujarat’s GIFT City?
C.Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Answer – B.Kotak Bank
Mumbai based Kotak Mahindra Bank has opened IFSC Banking unit at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) City. Earlier IBUs of YES Bank, Federal Bank and ICICI Bank have put their operational at the GIFT city. With this Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd became the fourth bank to open its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU).
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented the
A.73rd National Film Awards
B.63rd National Film Awards
C.62th National Film Awards
D.60th National Film Awards
Answer – B.63rd National Film Awards
63rd National Film Awards held on 03 of May, 2016 in Vigyan Bhavan, New delhi. The well known celebrities Bachchan and Kangana Ranaut received National award from the Honourable President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Who receives Guinness record for Maharashtra Man With ‘Gold Shirt’?
Answer – D.Pankaj Parakh
Maharashtra’s hailed eminent businessman-politician Pankaj Parakh called The Man With The Golden Shirt has secured a place in the Guinness World Records (GWR).The GWR certificate issued mentions Parakh, as the man with the most expensive gold shirt in the world which costs a staggering Rs. 98, 35,099 as on August 1, 2014.
- Who is non-executive chairman of City Union Bank now?
Answer – C.Mahalingam
Kumbakonam based City Union Bank has appointed S. Mahalingam as a non-executive chairman of the Bank. He is former chief financial officer (CFO) and executive director of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).Prior to his new appointment he is currently an Independent Director on the board of the bank. He is a well-known name in the field of IT (information technology).
- Who has been appointed as Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
A.Martín García Moritán
C.Mr. Riyad Mansour
Answer – B.Espinosa Cantellano
Mexico’s ambassador to Germany Patricia Espinosa Cantellano of Mexico has been appointed as Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.She will succeed the incumbent Christiana Figueres when her term ends in July 2016. Prior to this selection she was serving as Mexico’s ambassador to Germany.
- Union Railways Ministry launches__________ app for proper monitoring of Railway projects.
Answer – A.E-enabled PMIS
Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched an application called Project Management and Information System (PMIS) used for proper monitoring of all the Railway projects across the country in Rail Bhawan ,New Delhi.It will be a web-enabled IT- application will contain all the information about the ongoing projects which will help in reducing the completion time.
- Who launched a dashboard on EXIM Analytics to provide easy access to the public on export and import trends of the country?
Answer – B.Nirmala Sitharaman
Commerce & Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched a dashboard on EXIM Analytics to provide easy access to the public on export and import trends of the country. This iniative of the Ministry is also in tune with the principle of Government at the doorstep.
- Who Launched Portal for Contract Labour Payment Management System?
D.Shri Piyush Goyal
Answer – D.Shri Piyush Goyal
Power Minister Piyush Goyal launched a portal of Coal India Limited (CIL) called Contract Labour Payment Management System in New Delhi. This portal will be made fully functional within 45 to 60 days.
- ISRO Signs MoU with _________ for exploration and use of outer space.
Answer – A.37 countries
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which runs under the Space Department has signed MoU/ Cooperative agreements for exploration and use of outer space with 37 countries in recent times.
- The MoUs included in various field viz.
1.Joint development of advanced scientific instruments to observe earth and universe,
2.Joint realization of satellite missions,etc.,
3.Three Earth-like planets discovered orbiting dwarf star___________ A.STRAPPIST-1
Answer – B.TRAPPIST-1
Researchers have discovered three potentially habitable, Earth-like planets orbiting an ultracool dwarf star that is nearly 40 light-years away in another star system.TRAPPIST-1 is a red roughly larger than Jupiter and too dim to be seen with the naked eye or even amateur telescopes from Earth. It is located in the constellation of Aquarius.
- Who won World Snooker Championship 2016?
Answer – B.Mark Selby
England’s world number one Mark Selby beat China’s Ding Junhui by 18-14 to win World Championship title. With this he clinches Championship for the second time.But Selby dug deep to seal a brilliant double for the city of Leicester, whose football team became Premier League champions earlier.