Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which drafted bill is released by Women and Child Development Minister, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi?
A.Trafficking of Persons Bill, 2016
B.The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
C.Juvenile Justice Bill, 2016
D.Child labour act, 2016Ans: A.Trafficking of Persons Bill, 2016
Explanation: The main objective is to create a strong legal, economic and social environment against trafficking of persons and related matters. The highlights of the Initiatives are Khoya-Paya web portal, Pasting of posters in railway coaches, Expansion of Children helpline – 1098.
- Which is the India’s ranking in the IMD World Competitiveness Scoreboard, 2016 on the behalf of World’s most competitive economy?
Explanation: Hong Kong takes the place of US by the World’s most competitive economy. The top places of Countries: Switzerland, Singapore, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and Canada.
- Which mobile app has launched by Delhi Government through which city traders can register themselves with the VAT department of the state government?
C.VAT M SEWA
D.DVAT M SEWAAns: D.DVAT M SEWA
Explanation: ‘DVAT M SEWA’ mobile app is launched in order to boost the tax collection. This app will ensure VAT registration within 24 hrs of filing request. With the help of ‘DVAT M SEWA, VAT inspector’s visit at traders’ business premises will not be required instead traders will have to upload a picture of their business premises in the app only.
- Which Mumbai based company has signed a brand licence agreement with Italian car designer Pininfarina for using trademarks after closing the deal to acquire 76.06 per cent stake in the company?
B.Larsen and Toubro
C.Mahindra & Mahindra
D.Ashok LeylandAns: C.Mahindra & Mahindra
Explanation: The Vehicle major had announced to acquire Turin-based Pininfarina for an overall outgo of over 50 million Euros after months of negotiations last year. The acquisition was passed out through a special purpose vehicle.
- Legendary Oscar winning music composer A.R. Rahman was named the recipient of which award for his outstanding contribution towards showcasing South Asian traditional fusion music?
D.Laurence Olivier AwardAns: A.Fukuoka Prize
Explanation: The Musician has been invited to the Fukuoka to give a public lecture on From the Heart: The World of A.R Rahman’s Music. The Prize is an award established by Fukuoka, Japan and the Yokatopia Foundation, to honour the outstanding work of individuals or organisations in preserving or creating Asian culture.
- Every Year World No Tobacco Day is being observed on which day to encourage abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption?
D.May 20thAns: C.May 31st
Explanation: WHO-sponsored World No Tobacco Day is observed every year on May 31 to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption.
- Former Lok Sabha MP and senior BJP leader passed away after prolonged illness in Bhubaneswar at the age of 79. Who is he?
A.Rudra Madhab Ray
B.Madhu Madhab Ray
C.Sathu Madhab Ray
D.Rudra Mukuntha RayAns: A.Rudra Madhab Ray
Explanation: Ray was a member of the Indian Parliament, and represented Kandhamal Lok Sabha Constituency for BJD ticket in 2009. He was suspended from Biju Janata Dal in 2014. Later Shri. Ray had joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Prominent writer, poet, D Javare Gowda, popularly known as De Ja Go haspassed away after he suffered from heart failure. He belongs to which language writer?
Explanation: Gowda served as the Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University from 1969 to 1975. He was also awarded with the Pampa Prishathi in 1998 and the Guru Award in 2003.
- Who has achieved a historic feat by becoming the first Indian to feature in a top-tier league match in Europe for Norwegina Side Stabaek FC?
A.Gurpreet Singh Sidhu
B.Gurpreet Singh Sindhu
C.Gurpreet Singh Manju
D.None of the AboveAns: D.None of the Above
Explanation: Indian national team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu achieved a historic feat by becoming the first Indian to feature in a top-tier league match in Europe, by turning out for Norwegian side Stabaek FC.
- Who has scored 10,000 runs in test matches in the ongoing test series between England and Srilanka and he crossed in his 128th Test?
D.Eoin MorganAns: B. Alastair Cook
Explanation: England Test captain Alastair Cook, who became the first English batsman to score 10,000 runs in test matches in the ongoing test series against Sri Lanka in his 128th Test.
- Who has established a data sciences Centre in San Carlos, California to get top Global talent and build high value solutions?
Explanation: Online Commerce major Snapdeal has established a data sciences centre in San Carlos, California to get top global talent and build high-value solutions.
- Who has assumed as the new chief of the Naval staff as the Current CNS Admiral R.K. Dhowan retired after four decade of service?
D.Sunil SharmaAns: B.Sunil Lanba
Explanation: Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba assumed charge as the new chief of the Naval Staff as thecurrent CNS Admiral R.K.Dhowan retired after four decade of service. Lanba will have a full three-year-term in office till May 31, 2019 also he is a qualified specialist in navigation and direction course.
- Who has been appointed as Member of Union Public Service Commission with a five year tenure?
D.AM SharmaAns: A.BS Bassi
Explanation: Former Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi has been appointed the member of Union Public Service Commission which is a Constitutional post, with a five year tenure.
- India accounted how many slavery was estimated by Global Slavery Index report due to Forced labour, Prostitution and Beggings?
D.18.53 millionAns: C.18.35 million
Explanation: India witnessed of having the highest number of people in the world ensnared in slavery with 18.35 million according to the Global Slavery Index report, which estimated that around 46 million enslaved globally
- Central Government has approved the enhancement of retirement age of all government doctors of the Central health service from 60 to which year?
Explanation: Central Government has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for enhancing the retirement age of all doctors of the Central Health Service to 65 years.
- FICCI survey estimated the growth of Indian Economy in Financial Year to which percent?
Explanation: Indian economy to grow 7.7% in FY17: FICCI Survey
FICCI’s Economic Outlook survey said growth in 2016-17 is expected to be supported by improvement in agricultural due to good monsoon and industrial sectors.
- Who has been named as T20 Player of the year, announced during CEAT Cricket Awards 2015-16 in Mumbai?
D.Dawyne SmithAns: A.Virat Kohlie
Explanation: Virat Kohli named T20 Player of the year, Ashwin best bowler at Ceat Award event. The CEAT Cricket Awards 2015-16 was presented with the cream of Indian cricket in attendance in Mumbai.