AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 30 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 30, 2017, who among the following Bollywood actor launched Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry’s ‘Darwaza Band’campaign for promotion of toilet usage across the country?
1.Shah Rukh khan
5.Ranveer SinghAnswer – 2.Amitabh Bachchan
This campaign is an initiative of the Union Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry and is supported by the World Bank. It has been rolled out countrywide immediately after the launch. The objective of the campaign is to encourage behaviour change in men who have toilets but are not using them.
- A treaty signed by India and _____________ for transfer of each other’s sentenced prisoners has come into effect with the ratification of the agreement by both the countries.
In a gazette notification, the Home Ministry said the agreement between India and Kazakhstan concerning transfer of sentenced persons came into effect from May 26, 2017. The agreement was signed on July 8, 2015.
- To boost port infrastructure, Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari laid foundation stone of eight connectivity projects worth Rs 1,117.03 crore at which port?
4.Jawaharlal Nehru Port
5.Paradip PortAnswer – 4.Jawaharlala Nehru Port
The projects include integrated common rail yard facility at Jawaharlal Nehru Port, construction of coastal berth, and restructuring of yard behind shallow water berth. These projects will enhance connectivity of the hinterland to the port. Port connectivity is among the four pillars of the Ministry of Shipping’s flagship Sagarmala programme.
- Besides a treaty with Kazakhstan, India’s treaty with _________ for transfer of each other’s sentenced prisoners also came into effect from May 26, 2017
5.ThailandAnswer – 4.Australia
An India-Australia pact for transfer of each other’s sentenced prisoners has come into effect with the ratification of the treaty by both the countries. In a gazette notification, the Home Ministry said the agreement between India and Australia concerning transfer of sentenced persons has come into effect from May 26, 2017.
- On May 29, 2017, India signed a MoU on defence cooperation envisaging several areas of cooperation including in defence industry, military training and humanitarian assistance & disaster management with which country?
5.MauritiusAnswer – 1.Fiji
On May 29, 2017, India and Fiji signed an agreement that provides for stepping up defence and security ties including in defence production and military training. The deal was signed after defence minister Arun Jaitley held extensive talks with his Fijian counterpart Ratu Inoke Kubuabola.
- Which State Government has decided to ban buying and selling of plastic bags below 50 microns from July 2017, to tackle the garbage and litter menace in public places?
5.RajasthanAnswer – 2.Goa
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said the law will be implemented starting with fine of Rs. 500 and then the fine will be subsequently raised to Rs.5000 depending upon the success.
- As per ‘India Development Report’released by World Bank on May 29, 2017, India ranks _______ among 131 countries in terms of women participation in the workforce.
5.110thAnswer – 3.120th
As per the report, participation level of women in Indian workforce has been dropping since year 2005, despite having 42% women who are graduates. Report has estimated that if women participation increased, India’s potential GDP growth rate can rise by one percentage point.
- ‘Zan – or Women’s – TV’ is a women’s television channel launched in:
5.OmanAnswer – 4.Afghanistan
Women in Afghanistan now have their own television channel. Zan – or Women’s – TV began airing this month, with a staff of all female presenters and producers. This development is being seen as a groundbreaking step for women’s rights, in a country still dominated by men.
- Amul and ISRO, have announced a tie-up for the benefit of dairy farmers by signing an MoU envisaging fodder acreage assessment using satellite technology. Headquarters of Amul is located in:
5.Valsad, GujaratAnswer – 1.Anand, Gujarat
The main objective of this MoU is identification/discrimination between food crops and fodder crops and identifying suitable areas of current fallows and cultivable wastelands at the village level. Amul believes that the development and growth of dairy animals is associated with availability of fodder from cultivable land, forest, pastures and grazing lands, which is crucial for enhancing milk production and survival of bovines.
- Who among the following has won the European Golden Shoe for a fourth time?
5.Harry KaneAnswer – 2.Lionel Messi
Professional football player Lionel Messi has won the European Golden Shoe for a fourth time. Playing for FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi scored 37 goals this season. With the fourth Golden shoe to his name, Messi has equalled Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s record.
- Which Bollywood actress will be honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for being an international icon?
5.Aishwarya RaiAnswer – 3.Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra will be given the award under the newly introduced ‘Internationally Acclaimed Actress’ category at a ceremony in Mumbai on June 1, 2017. Celebrities like Anil Kapoor, Kapil Sharma, Juhi Chawla and Nitesh Tiwari, among others, are expected to attend the event.
- Who among the following has been unanimously appointed as the Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia for a five year term?
1.Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
2.Syed Shahnawaz Hussain
5.Farooq AliAnswer – 3.Najma Heptulla
Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla has been unanimously appointed as the Chancellor (Amir-e-Jamia) of Jamia Millia Islamia for a five year term by the University’s Court (Anjuman). She succeeds Lt. Gen. (Retd.) M.A. Zaki, who will complete his five-year term this month. Appointment of Najma Heptulla was confirmed by Tala Ahmad, the Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Who among the following have been inducted into the BanksBoardBureau (BBB), as independent members?
1.Shubhalaxmi Panse and Pradip Shah
2.Shubhalaxmi Panse and Vrajesh Patel
3.Malini Parikh and Pradip Shah
4.Malini Parikh and Vrajesh Patel
5.Sheela Desai and Jayant GohilAnswer – 1.Shubhalaxmi Panse and Pradip Shah
Former Allahabad Bank chairperson and managing director Shubhalaxmi Panse and private equity player Pradip Shah have been inducted into the board as independent members. The appointment of two additional members to the BBB will strengthen the panel.
- The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System(IRNSS) with an operational name of NavIC is currently being tested for its accuracy and is most likely to be available in the market for public use by year:
5.2022Answer – 1.2018
NavIC (‘Navigation with Indian Constellation’ whose Hindi meaning is ‘sailor’ or ‘navigator’), the name given by PM Narendra Modi after the launch of IRNSS-1G, is designed to provide accurate position information to users within the country. Though American GPS with 24 satellites in a constellation has wider reach and covers the entire world, NavIC with seven satellites covers only India and its surroundings but is more accurate than the American system.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is associated with which sport?
5.BoxingAnswer – 3.Cricket
Harmanpreet Kaur, became the first Indian woman cricket player to be selected to play for the Surrey Stars in Kia Super League, the tournament which is hosted by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
- Who among the following is the only cricketer from the country to feature in the top 10 of the ICC Players Rankings for One Day Internationals?
5.Virat KohliAnswer – 5.Virat Kohli
Indian Cricket team captain Virat Kohli is the lone cricketer from the country to feature in the top 10 of the ICC Players Rankings for ODIs as he managed to hold on to his third spot in the batsman’s chart.
- Manuel Noriega, who passed away on May 29, 2017, was the former dictator of:
5.TanzaniaAnswer – 1.Panama
Noriega ruled Panama from 1983 to 1989. Like many authoritarian Latin American figures of the latter half of the 20th century, Noriega was trained at the notorious, US-run School of the Americas, whose graduates include the disgraced former Peruvian spy chief Vladimiro Montesinos and the former Argentinean dictator Leopoldo Galtieri.
- Constantine Mitsotakis, who passed away on May 29, 2017, was the former Prime Minister of which European country?
5.FranceAnswer – 2.Greece
Constantine Mitsotakis, a former conservative Prime Minister who engaged in fierce confrontations with Greece’s liberal and socialist parties and tried to loosen state control of the economy in a 60-year political career, passed away on May 29, 2017. He was 98.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.