AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 3 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 3 2018
- On May 2, 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved doubling the investment limit under the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana (PMVVY) to ____?
1.Rs 12 lakhs
2.Rs 15 lakhs
3.Rs 18 lakhs
4.Rs 20 lakhs
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 15 lakhs
Union Cabinet has given its approval for doubling the investment limit under the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandan Yojana (PMVVY) from Rs 7.5 lakhs to Rs 15 lakhs. Subscription period for this scheme has also been extended from 4thMay 2018 to 31stMarch, 2020. Enhancement of investment limit will now enable Senior Citizens to get up to Rs.10000 Pension per month.
- On May 2, 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Mutual Recognition Agreement between the ICAI and the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). Expand ICAI?
1.Institute of Continuous Assessments of India
2.Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
3.Institute of Credit Accountants of India
4.Institute of Cost Accountants of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between ICAI and SAICA envisages establishment of a mutual co-operation framework for the advancement of accounting knowledge, advancing the interests of their respective members and positively contributing to the development of the accounting profession in both the countries. The agreement will facilitate recognition of Indian Accountancy Professionals with local Accountancy qualification in addition to existing ICAI qualification. This will open more professional avenues for Indian accountants. It will also increase mobility of accounting professionals between both the countries.
- On May 2, 2018, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved to provide financial assistance of ____ per quintal of cane crushed in sugar season 2017-18 to sugar mills to offset the cost of cane?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 5.50
In a bid to help sugar mills to clear cane dues of farmers, CCEA has given its approval to provide financial assistance @ of Rs. 5.50 per quintal of cane crushed in sugar season 2017-18 to sugar mills to offset the cost of cane. Financial assistance shall be paid directly to the farmers on behalf of the mills. This benefit will be given only to those mills which fulfil the eligibility conditions as decided by the Government. On account of high sugar production vis-à-vis consumption, sugar prices have remained depressed since the beginning of current sugar season 2017-18.
- On May 2, 2018, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for renaming and restructuring of Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) as ____?
1.Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
2. Pradhan Mantri Jal Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
3.Pradhan Mantri Kisan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
4.Pradhan Mantri Krishi Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
CCEA has approved the proposal for renaming and restructuring of Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK). PMJVK, which has more flexibility as compared to MsDP would provide better socio economic infrastructure facilities to the minority communities particularly in the field of education, health & skill development as compared to the present situation. Under PMJVK, criteria for identification of Minority Concentration Towns and Clusters of Villages have been rationalized. In addition to restructuring and renaming MsDP, CCEA has also approved its continuation during the remaining period of 14th Finance Commission at the cost of Rs. 3972 crore.
- On May 2, 2018, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved, for the Umbrella Scheme, _____ in agriculture sector beyond 12th Five Year Plan for the period from 2017-18 to 2019-20?
1.Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana
2.Green Revolution – Krishna Rejuvenation
3.Blue Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana
4.White Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana
CCEA has given its approval for the Umbrella Scheme, “Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana” in agriculture sector beyond 12th Five Year Plan for the period from 2017-18 to 2019-20. “Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana” is geared towards developing the agriculture and allied sector in a holistic and scientific manner to increase the income of farmers by enhancing production, productivity and helping them to get better returns on produce. CCEA has approved its continuation for three financial years, i.e., 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 at expenditure of Rs.33269.976 crore.
- Where was ‘Vibrant North East 2018′ held on 3rd to 5th May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Guwahati, Assam
Vibrant North East 2018 is organized by Centre for Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD), a New Delhi-based NGO. This is the fourth edition of the Vibrant North East expo in Guwahati. It acts as a platform to exhibit North East’s potential and for better implementation of Central schemes in Northeast. The expo focuses on agriculture, MSME, food processing projects, horticulture, tea, spices, medicinal plants, coir, bamboo, rural craft products, eco-tourism and agro and nature tourism, commerce and rural development, skills, jobs and entrepreneurship, health, hygiene, sanitation, power, role of cooperatives in agriculture, petroleum and heavy industries.
- Maharashtra government has decided to rename Jalgaon-based North Maharashtra University as ‘Kaviyatri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University’ after Bahinabai Chaudhari. Who was Bahinabai Chaudhari?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.poetess
This decision was taken by the Maharashtra state cabinet chaired by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. The North Maharashtra University is to be renamed as ‘Kaviyatri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University’. Bahinabai Chaudhari is a renowned poetess of the 19th century. The cabinet also, approved a revised salary increase for the Bombay High Court desk officers, equivalent to the desk officers in the state secretariat.
- On 3rd May 2018, EPFO announced that now Pensioners can view their pension passbook on mobile phones using Umang app. What does “F” represent in EPFO?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Fund
‘View Pension Passbook’ service will be available for pensioners through Umang app. Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced this facility as a part of its plan to go paperless by August 2018 and offer all services online. Umang app was launched by government in 2017. It offers access to several government services at one point.
- Union Environment Ministry has banned party poppers, stating that the devices pose a serious threat to human health and environment. CPCB has issued directives regarding this. Expand CPCB?
1.Central Police Control Board
2.Collective Pollution Control Board
3.Cancer Patients Consultative Board
4.Central Pollution Control Board
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Central Pollution Control Board
A variant of poppers, that does not contain chemical explosives but compressed air as a charge and soft paper as streamers have been exempted from the ban. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued directives to all state pollution control boards and pollution control committees to take necessary steps for ensuring implementation of the ban.
- On May 2, 2018, a task force constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) presented its report on “Establishing a Coalition on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)” to the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. Who is the head of the task force?
1.Ms. Preeti Saran
2.Ms. Pinky Reddy
3.Mr. Saran Kumar
4.Mr. Asutosh Sharma
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ms. Preeti Saran
This task force was constituted on August 18, 2017 and is headed by Ms. Preeti Saran, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs. A step-by-step implementation plan and analysis in order to build and operationalise a Coalition has been provided in the report. The study of task force covers Business case for the coalition, Analysis of best practices of international partnerships in disaster risk and other thematic areas, Preliminary design of the coalition and a Roll – out plan.
- Which IT firm has acquired Hedera Consulting, a Belgium-based business advisory and data analytics services company?
1.Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Cognizant
The value of the deal was not disclosed. Hedera Consulting will be part of Cognizant Consulting business unit after acquisition. Hedera Consulting was founded in 2009. It is specialised in growth strategy, digitisation, innovation and commercial excellence for clients in various industries.
- GroupM, part of WPP group, which is a global advertising group, announced that it has appointed ____ as the chief executive officer of its South Asia operations?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sameer Singh
Sameer Singh replaces CVL Srinivas. CVL Srinivas will now take charge as WPP India country manager. Sameer Singh will report to CVL Srinivas and Mark Patterson, CEO, GroupM Asia Pacific.
- Name the BJP leader who was sworn-in as chief executive member (CEM) of the Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) in Mizoram, on 4th May 2018?
2.Shanti Jiban Chakma
3.Ram Prasad Sharma
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shanti Jiban Chakma
CEM is the administrative head of the CADC, formed under the sixth schedule of the Constitution in 1972. CADC consists of 20 members. Shanti Jiban Chakma will be sworn-in by Deputy Commissioner of Lawngtlai district, Mizoram.
- Which football player has been named the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year for 2017/18?
4.Kevin de Bruyne
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Mohammed Salah
Kevin de Bruyne of Manchester team came second and Tottenham’s Harry Kane occupied third position. Mohamed Salah is the first African winner of the award. Fran Kirby of Chelsea team won the inaugural FWA Women’s Footballer of the Year award.
- Who was appointed as the new coach of the Australian national cricket team, Cricket Australia on 3rd May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Justin Langer
Justin Langer replaced Darren Lehmann. Darren Lehmann recently resigned due to the ball-tampering scandal. Justin Langer is 47 years old. He is at present in-charge of Western Australia and Perth Scorchers. He has signed a four-year agreement with Australian Board.
- Name the Indian pugilist who has been awarded the WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Neeraj Goyat
Neeraj Goyat is the current WBC Asia champion in welter weight category. Neerav Tomar was awarded the ‘WBC Asia honorary Promoter of the year 2017 Award’ by the Asian Boxing Council. The awards were presented at WBC Asia and WBC Muaythai annual awards presentation ceremony in Bangkok on 30th April 2018. Neerav Tomar is the promoter of IOS Boxing Promotions which manages Neeraj and Vijender Singh.
- What is the rank of India in the ICC ODI rankings released on 2nd May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2
ICC ODI Team Rankings as on May 2, 2018:
1. England – 125 points
2. India – 122 points
3. South Africa – 113 points
4. New Zealand – 112 points
5. Australia – 104 points
There were no changes in the first seven positions in the T20I rankings. ICC T20I team rankings as on May 2, 2018 are as follows:
1. Pakistan – 130 points
2. Australia – 126 points
3. India – 123 points
4. New Zealand – 116 points
5. England – 115 points
- Kottayam Pushpanath who passed away in Kottayam, Kerala, on 2nd May 2018, was a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Novelist
Kottayam Pushpanath was 80 years old. He had written more than hundred detective novels. Many of his novels have been translated into other South Indian languages. His first detective novel Chuvanna Mnushyan (the Red Man) was published in 1968.
- What was the theme of World Press Freedom Day 2018 celebrate on 3rd May?
1.Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
2.Freedom of press and Rights of Journalists
3.Keeping Freedom in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
4.Pillars of Democracy: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
In 1993, the UN General Assembly declared May 3 as World Press Freedom Day. 3rd May is the anniversary of the Declaration of Windhoek for media pluralism and independence. World Press Freedom Day is celebrated to highlight the fundamental principles of press freedom and to offer tribute to journalists who have sacrificed their lives while on duty. The theme for World Press Freedom Day 2018 is: Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law.
- When was the World Tuna Day themed “Smart Tuna – Smart Ocean” celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.May 2
World Tuna Day has been celebrated from 2011 when the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) declared May 2nd as a holiday to highlight the importance of tuna. In 2016 the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution to make World Tuna Day a global holiday to honor the importance of tuna. The Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) has announced the theme for World Tuna Day 2018 as: Smart Tuna – Smart Ocean.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which state houses the Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda Museum?Kerala
- Who is the Central Provident Fund Commissioner of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) headquartered in New Delhi?Dr. V. P. Joy
- Where is Sanjay Gandhi National Park located?Maharashtra
- Where is the headquarters of Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) that was established on 1948?Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Name the CEO and headquarters of ICC (International Cricket Council)?CEO – David Richardson, Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification