Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- World Press Freedom is celebrated every year on ___________________ to mark the international community that freedom of the press and expression?
D.May 4thAnswer – B.May 3rd
This year Theme is: Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms – This Is Your Right. The Day was established by the General Assembly of the UN Nations in 1993 as an outgrowth of the Seminar on Promoting an Independent and Pluralistic African Press.
- Former Jammu & Kashmir Congress Minister Passed away recently after a prolonged illness at the age of 65. Name the person?
D.Mahesh SharmaAnswer – C.Romesh Sharma
Senior Congress leader Romesh Sharma passed away after a prolonged illness. He was 65. He was also Former Jammu and Kashmir Minister.
- Which team has won the first Premier League title short of playing after second place Tottenham drew 2-2 at Chelsea?
D.LeicesterAnswer – D.Leicester
English football club Leicester city FC secured its first Premier League title short of playing after second-place Tottenham drew 2-2 at Chelsea. With this the first time in their 132-year history, Leicester could be the first club since Nottingham Forest in 1977-78 to win the league title for the first time, having only once before in 1928-29 finished as runners-up.
- Who has placed in the top position of the MRF Tyres powered ICC Test Team Rankings following annual update with results from 2012-13?
D.West IndiesAnswer –C.Australia
Australia placed at the top of the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings following the annual update with the results from 2012-13 and outcomes from the 2014-15 series weightage given at 50%.
- IT Giant Google acquired the business Technology start-up company to scale training offerings for Google Apps to its customers and users. Name the Company?
D.SymphosisAnswer – A.Synergys
Google has acquired a Toronto-based business technology start-up Synergyse to scale training offerings for Google Apps to its customers and customers’ users. The Tech Start-up founded by an Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra in 2013 with an aim to teach users how to use Google Apps.
- Who has been appointed as India’s Goodwill Ambassador in addition to Shooter Abhinav Bindra to represent Indian at Rio Olympics?
D.Sachin-TendulkarAnswer – D.Sachin Tendulkar
The Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has accepted India’s Olympic Association’s invitation to become the Goodwill Ambassador for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Earlier the IOA named Beijing Games gold medalist shooter Abhinav Bindra as another Goodwill Ambassador.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd announced the Commissioning of 600 MW Coal Based Thermal power plant in which state?
D.JharkhandAnswer – C.Madhya Pradesh
Power major Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) announced the commissioning of a 600 MW coal-based thermal power plant in Madhya Pradesh.
- An Indian born American Sikh woman Harmeet Kaur Dhillon has been selected for the key position in which committee at the National Level?
A.Republican National Committee
B.Democratic National Committee
C.Republican People Committee
D.Democratic People CommitteeAnswer – A.Republican National Committee
An Indian based American Sikh woman Harmeet Kaur Dhillon from California has been selected to a major position in the Republican Party at the National Level. Elected as the newest national Committee of the Republican National Committee
- Mumbai Based National Stock Exchange launched the New Exchange for which sector where bills against large companies can be accepted electronically?
C.Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
D.All the AboveAnswer – C.Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Mumbai based National Stock Exchange to launch a trading platform for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). This is the first dedicated exchange for micro SMEs.
- Who headed the Panel to reform Medical Council of India to oversee how the regulator of medical profession and education in India appointed by Supreme Court?
A.Justice Kurian Joseph
B.Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri
C.Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde
D.Justice RM LodhaAnswer – D.Justice RM Lodha
Supreme Court appointed a three-member panel headed by RM Lodha to oversee how the regulator of medical profession and education in India function. The five-judge constitution bench headed by Justice AR Dave ordered to reform the Medical Council of India.
- Railway ministry signed with which are the states for plantation of trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary?
A.Punjab and Rajasthan
B.Punjab and Gujarat
C.Punjab and Haryana
D.Haryana and RajasthanAnswer – C.Punjab and Haryana
In order to save the environment, Haryana & Punjab Forest Department inked MoU with Ministry of Railways to plant the trees alongside Railway Track on Railway Land Boundary.
- Telegana Chief Minister performed the Bhoomi Puja for the Kaleshwaram Project aims to connect which river water through a series of barrages, reservoirs and irrigation?
D.TungabhadraAnswer – B.Godavari
Kaleshwaram Irrigation Project launched in Telangana aimed to connecting the Godavari River through a series of barrages, reservoirs and enhanced irrigation schemes.
- Telangana State Government planned to set up Spices Park in which district with investment of Rs. 31 Crore on catering to farmers?
D.WarangalAnswer – A.Nizamabad
The Spices park will be set up in Padigal in Nizamabad district with investment of Rs. 31 Crore and focusing on Turmeric Farmers, Eliminate Middlement and provide the farmers with affordable prices for the commodity.
- 49th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) started at which country to discuss about the economic progress of the member?
D.GermanyAnswer – D.Germany
The 49th Annual General Meeting of ADB is being held from May 2-5 at Frankfurt, Germany. The Asian Development Outlook 2016 predicts the growth rates to 5.7% each in 2016 and 2017, from 5.9% projected last year.
- Scientists have developed a microscopic ______________ which is set be the smallest in the world to drive nanobots and Medical Robots?
D.WheelAnswer – C.Engine
Scientists have developed a microscopic engine which is set be the smallest in the world, which capable of driving nanobots and medical robots that could travel through the body.