Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is being celebrated every year on which day to honour the UN peacekeepers, lost their lives in the cause of Peace?
Ans: B.May 29th
Explanation: Every year 29th May is being celebrated on the occasion of the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers to honour the remembrance of the UN peacekeepers who have lost their lives in the cause of peace as a result of acts of violence, accidents and disease.
- Who has been qualified for the Rio Olympic Games in the category of Discus throw with 62.62 m feet at the Pat Young’s Throwers Classic 2016?
Ans: C.Seema Punia
Explanation: Haryana hailed discus thrower Seema Punia has qualified for the Rio Olympic Games with a 62.62 m feet at the Pat Young’s Throwers Classic 2016 at Salinas in the California, United States.
- Who has won the 2016 UEFA Champions League for the 11th time by defeating Atletico Madrid FC by 5-3 goals in the Final?
Ans: D.Real Madrid
Explanation: Real Madrid FC won the 2016 UEFA Champions League for the 11th time by defeating Atletico Madrid FC by 5-3 goals in Penalty corner.
- Which Country Space agency has successfully deployed the first trial inflatable room attached to the International Space Station?
Explanation: US space agency NASA has successfully deployed the first trial inflatable room attached to the International Space Station to take up less room on a spacecraft, but provide greater volume for astronauts.
- Who has been assumed charge as the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief of the Kochi Based Southern Naval Command?
D.None of the above
Ans: A.AR Karve
Explanation: Vice-Admiral AR Karve assumed charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Kochi based Southern Naval Commandfrom Vice Admiral Girish Luthra.
- AVS Ramesh Chandra appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which Country?
Explanation: 1989 batch IFS officer Dr. A V S Ramesh Chandra has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Romania.
- The President presented the Malti Gyan Peeth Puraskars to which Government School Teachers for the year 2016?
Explanation: The President Pranab Mukherjee presented the Malti Gyan Peeth Puraskars for the year 2016 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan New Delhi.
- India ranked which position in Steel Importers released by the Global Industry Body World Steel Association in global level?
Explanation: According to the data released by the Global Industry body World Steel Association, India become the world’s third largest steel producer, was among the top 10 importers of the alloy in 2015.
- The Election Commission of India has decided to call off the elections to the two Tamil Nadu constituencies. Name the Constituencies?
A.Aruvankadu and Thanjavur
B.Thanjavur and Aruvakurichi
C.Thanjavur and Theni
D.Aruvakurichi and Madurai
Ans: B.Thanjavur and Aruvakurichi
Explanation: The Election Commission of India has decided to call off the elections to the two Tamil Nadu constituencies such as Thanjavur and Aravakurichi that was postponed ahead of the May 16 polls in Tamil Nadu. This move is first in India’s electoral history.
- Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated in how many languages versions of PMO India website?
Explanation: Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated six language versions of PMO India website, the languages are Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel launched two state-wide campaigns against _________________in Dangs district of the state.
C.Air Borne Disease
Explanation: The Chief Minister flagged off two campaigns to provide iron-rich supplementary food children and women, whether they live in towns or remote forested areas such as Bal Amritam and Mission Shakti.
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a fine of Rs. 50 lakh on which Railway for operating a illegal railway siding without consent of the Odisha State Pollution Control Board (OSPCB)?
Ans: D.East Coast
Explanation: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a fine of Rs. 50 lakh on East Coast Railway for operating a illegal railway siding without consent of the Odisha State Pollution Control Board (OSPCB) at Jakhapura railway station near Kalinganagar in Odisha’s Jajpur district.
- The Union government has decided to cancel all ongoing tenders for defence equipment won by which firm against the Bribery?
Explanation: The Union government has decided to cancel all ongoing tenders for defence equipment won by Italy’s Finmeccanica which is being investigated for bribery in the Agusta Westland VVIP chopper deal.
- Prime Minister and Railway Minister flagged off passenger train services to which states on the newly-laid broad gauge line?
A.Manipur and Meghalaya
B.Manipur and Mizoram
C.Meghalaya and Mizoram
D.Manipur and Myanmar
Ans: B.Manipur and Mizoram
Explanation: Prime Minister and Railway Minister flagged off passenger train services to Mizoram andManipur on the newly-laid broad gauge line and Kamakhya -Vaishno Devi Katra weekly train which was announced during Railway Budget 2014-15.