AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs May 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs May 28 2019
- Under which law, government has constituted a tribunal for adjudicating ban on Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)?
1) Powers-of-Attorney Act(POAA)
2) Indian Criminal Law Amendment Act(ICLAA)
3) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA)
4) Armed Forces (Emergency Duties) Act(AFA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA)
Central government has constituted a tribunal under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA). The objective of this move is to adjudicate whether or not there is sufficient reason to continue the ban on the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LLTE).The central government has constituted “Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal” by exercising the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (37 of 1967). It is comprised of a sitting judge of Delhi High Court, Sangita Dhingra Sehgal.Home Ministry has extended the ban on the LTTE for 5 years on the ground that LTTE continued violent and disruptive activities are prejudicial to the integrity and sovereignty of India.A terror outfit LTTE is based on Sri Lanka, which has assassinated former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Who lead the ‘Missing Man’ formation, which is conducted to honour Squadran Leader Ajay Ahuja and heroes of the Kargil war who were killed during ‘Operation Safed Sagar’?
1) Subroto Mukherjee
2) B S Dhanoa
3) R Nambiar
4) Anil Khosla
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) B S Dhanoa
Recently, Indian Air Force (IAF)’s Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa flew the ‘missing man’ formation in a MiG-21 aircraft to pay tributes to Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja and heroes of the Kargil war. Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) Western Air Command Air Marshal R Nambiar also companied B S Dhanoa in the flypast organised at Air Force Station in Bhisiana. According to IAF, the ‘missing man’ formation is an aerial salute accorded to honour the fallen comrades-in-arms. It is like an arrow formation, with a gap between two aircraft in the formation depicting the missing man.BS Dhanoa led a four MiG-21 aircraft ‘Missing Men’ to honour the valour and supreme sacrifice of men who were killed in action during ‘Operation Safed Sagar’ at Kargil, J&K.
- Where was the India and China Industry Cooperation Forum held recently?
1) Guizhou, China
2) Mumbai, India
3) Beijing, China
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Guizhou, China
On May 27, 2019, India and China Industry Cooperation Forum was held in Guizhou, China. The objective was to create a new chapter in India-China cooperation in the new era of the digital transition.The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has also opened an Information Technology (IT) corridor for the purpose of better exchanges between two countries in the IT sector.The idea is also to help Indian companies especially small and medium enterprises to connect with China businesses looking for partners in IT sector.
- Which country has been elected to the Executive Board of first UN-Habitat Assembly?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
On May 26, 2019, The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs announced that India has been elected to the Executive Board of the first UN-Habitat Assembly at the Plenary Session of the Assembly held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- What is the theme UN-Habitat Assembly 2019?
1) “Harnessing the power of technology in Healthcare”
2) “Belt and Road Cooperation: Shaping a Brighter Shared Future”
3) “Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”
4) “Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) “Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities”
The theme for UN-Habitat Assembly is “Innovation for Better Quality of Life in Cities and Communities”.The event was inaugurated by Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta. ii. This is the first session of UN-Habitat Assembly held at Nairobi, Kenya, its headquarters. It began on May 27 and will conclude on May 31, 2019.
- Which bank has collaborated with IBM to Trade AI Engine, which will automate the high risk process of trade documentation ?
1) Axis Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Standard Chartered
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered in partnership with IBM has launched the Trade AI Engine which will automate the high-risk process of trade documentation. It will enhance client experience through increased operational efficiency and strengthened operational control. This newly launched Trade AI Engine will replace the Traditional documentary trade consisting of millions of data elements in paper-based that are reviewed through a largely manual process.
- Name the organization, which has tied up with Oriental Bank of Commerce to offer loans for purchase of equipment under a co-lending arrangement.
1) Srei Equipment Finance
2) Paisalo Digital Ltd
3) MAS Financial Services Ltd
4) Paisalo Digital Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Srei Equipment Finance
On May 27, 2019, Srei Equipment Finance tied up with Oriental Bank of Commerce to offer loans for the purchase of equipment under a co-lending arrangement.Srei Equipment Finance is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Srei Infrastructure Finance.The funds for the project will be sourced through a platform named iQuippo, a unique digital market place of Kanoria Foundation. It will help in loan origination, loan dues collection, auction of equipment, valuation of equipment and other facilities.The co-lending arrangement will include the financing of construction, mining and allied equipment, medical equipment, commercial vehicles and farm equipment.
- Which entiy has become the first Indian fund house to launch WhatsApp transaction platform for mutual fund transactions ?
1) HDFC Mutual Fund
2) Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
3) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
4) Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company
In first of its kind initiative, Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company (AMC) has become the first Indian fund house to launch WhatsApp transaction platform for mutual fund transactions for new as well as existing investors. This enables investors to use WhatsApp to invest in any scheme from Motilal Oswal AMC. Investors can either invest lumpsum or through SIPs. An investor should add Motilal Oswal AMC number (+91 9372205812) to his/her contact list.Then on WhatsApp, type ‘Hi’ on the above number.After sharing the PAN details, the investor should share his/her mode of investment, fund, amount etc.Finally, authorise payment for the transaction through the payment link sent.
- What is the GDP growth of India for the 4th Quarter, as per the Ecowrap Report of State Bank of India(SBI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 6.1-5.9%
According to the Ecowrap Report of State Bank of India, GDP growth in the fourth quarter (Q4) ended March 2019 is likely to moderate to 6.1-5.9%. As a result, the entire growth rate for fiscal 2018-19 can be slipped down to below 7%.The dip in growth rate may propel the Reserve Bank of India to cut rates to 0.50%. It will undertake the second monetary policy review on June 6, 2019. 1% point cut in the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) can release Rs 1.28 lakh crore, reducing lending rates by 0.15% and improve banks’ profitability by Rs 12,000 crore annually.The growth estimate for the January-March period is at 6.1-5.9% leading to an annual growth rate of 6.9%.The Gross Value Added (GVA) growth for Q4, FY 19 is estimated at 6% or it could be slipped marginally below 6% at 5.9%.In its report, it also stated that if appropriate policies are adopted, the current economic slowdown can be temporary in nature.
- Which airline has became the fourth Indian Airline to have 100 aircraft fleet ?
4) Jet Airways
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) SpiceJet
On May 26, 2019, Gurugram based no-frills airline SpiceJet became the fourth Indian Airline to have 100 aircraft fleet after the induction of Boeing 737. The other 3 airlines are Air India, IndiGo and now inoperative Jet Airways.At present, SpiceJet has 68 Boeing 737s, 30 Bombardier Q-400s and 2 B737 freighters. It operates 575 average daily flights to 62 destinations- 53 domestic and 9 international flights.In the month of April 2019, it had added 23 planes, connecting the key metros of Mumbai and Delhi.SpiceJet plays an important role in regional connectivity scheme UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) of the Central government. It operates 42 flights per day to and from different domestic destinations.
- Which ministry has publicized the comprehensive draft of the export policy consisting of product-specific rules that will act as a ready reckoner for exporters ?
1) External Affairs Ministry
2) Environment Ministry
3) Commerce Ministry
4) Home Ministry
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Commerce Ministry
The Commerce Ministry has publicized the comprehensive draft of the export policy consisting of product-specific rules that will act as a ready reckoner for exporters. The draft policy is proposed by various partner government agencies aimed at consolidating the export norms for each product as applicable at different government agencies. It will help an exporter know all the applicable norms pertaining to a particular product.The comprehensive exports policy for all ITC (HS) tariff codes (including items which are ‘free’ for export and do not currently exist in the policy) has covered conditions/restrictions imposed by partner government agencies on exports.ITC-HS Codes are Indian Trade Clarification based on Harmonised System of Coding. It was adopted by India for import-export operations. Every product has been accorded an eight-digit HS code.
- Name the first South Korean director, who won the Palme d’Or award for the film ‘Parasite’ in 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival .
1) Kim Ki-duk
2) Kim Jee-woon
3) Bong Joon-ho
4) Park Chan-wook
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bong Joon-ho
The 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival was held in Cannes, France from 14 to 25 May 2019. South Korean film ‘Parasite’ wins Palme d’Or which is directed by Bong Joon-ho at Cannes Film Festival. He became the first Korean director to win the award.
- Name the film for which, Indian filmmaker, Achyutanand Dwivedi won third prize in the international section of Nespresso Talents in 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival.
1) Seed Mother
3) Period. End of Sentence
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Seed Mother
Indian filmmaker, Achyutanand Dwivedi’s “Seed Mother”, won the third prize in the international section of Nespresso Talents 2019 in 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival was held in Cannes, France.
- Which country is set to be the focus country in Jerusalem Film Festival, 2020 ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
Indian and Israeli delegation hold the meeting in the Cannes festival 2019 during which, Israel proposes “India to be the focus country in Jerusalem Film Festival, 2020”.
- Who was re-elected as the President of Malawi recently?
1) Joyce Banda
2) Peter Mutharika
3) Saulos Chilima
4) Lazarus Chakwera
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Peter Mutharika
Malawi’s president Peter Mutharika of Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) has won the re-elections with 38.5% votes. The victory was announced in Blantyre, Malawi by the head of the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) Jane Ansah. He won the elections against the opposition candidate Lazarus Chakwera from the Malawi Congress Party (MCP) who secured 35.4% of the votes. Former Vice President Saulos Chilima secured the third position with 20% votes. The other 4 presidential candidates collectively secured 6% of the vote.The elections were held on May 21, 2019.Malawi has been independent since 1964 and it was the 6th presidential election held since single-party rule ended in 1994
- Name the surface-to-air defence missile system, which was test fired by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) recently.
3) Barak 8
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Akash-1S
Recently, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) had successfully test-fired the Akash-1S surface-to-air defence missile system. This was the second successful test of the missile in last 2 days. This is a new version of the missile fitted with an indigenous seeker. The missile was developed as part of the Integrated Guided-Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).The missile defence system has the capability to neutralise aerial targets such as fighter jets, cruise missiles and air-to-surface missiles as well as ballistic missiles.The Akash missile defence system was designed to intercept enemy aircraft and missiles from a distance of 18 to 30 km.
- Name the cryptocurrency, which is set to be launched by Facebook in 2020.
1) Bitcoin Cash
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) GlobalCoin
Facebook plans to launch its own cryptocurrency “GlobalCoin” in 2020. The cryptocurrency will be available in around a dozen countries at launch where it’s expected to offer people affordable and secure payments without the need for a bank account. Some reports suggested that the currency could be designed to be a ‘stable coin’ with a value pegged to US currency in an attempt to minimize volatility.Before the launch of the new cryptocurrency, it needs to overcome numerous technical and regulatory hurdles.
- Which organization has recognized ‘burn-out’ as medical condition and ‘gaming disorder’ as illness ?
1) World Health Organization (WHO)
2) United Nations
3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
4) United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) World Health Organization (WHO)
Recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) in its World Health Assembly held in Geneva, had for the first time recognised ‘burn out’ as a medical condition in its International Classification of Diseases (ICD), which was extensively used as a benchmark for diagnosis and health insurers. WHO in its catalogue of diseases and injuries defined burn-out as “a syndrome conceptualised as resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed.” The updated list of International Classification of Diseases (ICD) dubbed as ICD-11 was drafted last year after the recommendations from health experts around the world.The ICD-11which will take effect in January 2022, contains several other additions, including classification of “compulsive sexual behaviour as a mental disorder.
- Which country won the 16th edition of Sudirman Cup Badminton title 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) China
China has won the 16th Edition of Sudirman Cup i.e. 2019 Sudirman Cup Badminton title by beating Japan in men’s doubles, women’s singles and men’s singles to clinch the title for the 11th time. The tournament was held in Nanning, China between 19 and 26 May 2019.In Men’s singles match, Shi Yuqi of China defeated Kento Momota of Japan in the finale with a win by 15-21, 21-5, 21-11. Momota is ranked world number one and Shi ranks second in world rankings.In Women’s singles, Chen Yufei of China defeated Akane Yamaguchi of Japan by 17-21, 21-16, 21-17.In mixed-team championship, the pairing of Li Junhui and Liu Yuchen thrashed the Japnese pair of Hiroyuki Endo and Yuta Watanabe by 21-18, 21-10.
- Marco Polo Del Nero was in news recently, he belongs to which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Football
Federation Internationale de Football Association’s (FIFA) Appeal Committee confirmed the lifetime ban for the former head of the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) Marco Polo Del Nero from all football-related activities at national and international level. He was banned for corruption and bribery charges and was ordered to pay a penalty of 1 million Swiss francs ($1 million).He was suspended by FIFA in December 2017 after an investigation revealed that he received bribes in exchange for awarding broadcast contracts at major tournaments including the Copa América and Copa Libertadores and the CBF Copa do Brasil.His predecessors Ricardo Teixeira and Jose Maria were also accused on similar charges and CBF is now headed by Rogerio Caboclo.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the chairman of National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) ?Keshav Murugesh.
- Where is the headquarter of Standard Chartered located?London, United Kingdom
- What is the tagline of Oriental Bank of Commerce ?Where every individual is committed
- Where is the headquarter of Federation Internationale de Football Association’s (FIFA) located ?Zurich, Switzerland
- Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?Andra Pradesh
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification